• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
.:Wesker:. said:
HER HEAD IS TOO SMALL, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A WOMAN, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THIS IS A DMC-CLONE, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THIS IS TOO SEXUAL, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THIS COMMERCIAL SUCKS, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

Idiots seem to make up a large percentage of the gaming community this generation.
You forgot:

THE PS3 VERSION RAPES PUPPIES AND KILLS BABIES, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

It's a shame that people find it more important to bitch about games and make non-existent stands that the company won't care about anyway rather than, you know.. have fun? :lol

Beaulieu said:
how about "i dont like this kind of game" ? Is this a valid complaint ?
Presumably if you didn't like "this type" of game, you wouldn't enter threads on it or even conversations on it thus nothing would really be targeted at you. Having preferences is fine. I think the complaints being leveled are more at people who DO like this type of game (DMC, NGB, etc) and are specifically saying they are not interested in THIS game.

Volcynika

borghe said:
You forgot:

THE PS3 VERSION RAPES PUPPIES AND KILLS BABIES, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

It's a shame that people find it more important to bitch about games and make non-existent stands that the company won't care about anyway rather than, you know.. have fun? :lol

Fun is overrated!

Shurs

Idiots seem to make up a large percentage of the gaming community this generation.

zvbmgp.jpg

twenty1

Banned
HER HEAD IS TOO SMALL, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A WOMAN, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THIS IS A DMC-CLONE, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THIS IS TOO SEXUAL, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THIS COMMERCIAL SUCKS, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

Exactly thats because these so called "Hardcore" gamers who are PS3 & XBox 360 fanboys are really casual.

PS3 and/or XBOX 360 may be their second game console they have ever owned. They also crap on the Wii (in which they own also)

Hypocrites of this gen....sucks....plus maybe the internet has something to do with it.

Why the internet?.........because this is the only place you hear, read, and/or see so much bitc#ing in the world!

Shurs

twenty1 said:
Exactly thats because these so called "Hardcore" gamers who are PS3 & XBox 360 fanboys are really casual.

PS3 and/or XBOX 360 may be their second game console they have ever owned. They also crap on the Wii (in which they own also)

Hypocrites of this gen....sucks....plus maybe the internet has something to do with it.

Why the internet?.........because this is the only place you hear, read, and/or see so much bitc#ing in the world!

You're right about the internet. If you started a ridiculous rant like this in person, I'd start backing away slowly before you finished your second line. Seeing as we're on the internet, I stuck around for all of your madness. Good show!

Ok, finally got my copy yesterday and played to the end of chapter 4. Wow this game is a little harder than I thought it would be on normal, my dodging reflexes are weak and those quick time events are screwing up my final scores. Still amazing, but there are 2 things I dont like. No custom controls :( and the US boxart :lol. Oh well

borghe

NinjaFusion said:
Whats the verdict? Did they make any sort of improvements to the PS3 version?
from the demo/JPN version? No. Also the load times between chapters are somewhat obnoxious. However the general consensus amongst all of us PS3 owners is that none of it affects the actual gameplay (thing only thing that matters) which is still the end all be all of the genre.

still VERY HIGHLY recommended for the PS3 by those of us who actually own the game.

I just got the
Claw hand weapon things
They seem slow and pretty bad.
Am I just missing the hidden greatness of this weapon?

NinjaFusion said:
Whats the verdict? Did they make any sort of improvements to the PS3 version?

The game is perfectly playable on PS3. The improvements are there, however minor they are. HOWEVER, if you have a 360, get Bayonetta on it. The advantages are clear on 360.

But again, I repeat, the game is fine on PS3. You shouldn't miss this game out if you are slightly interested in it.

I don't like the cheap deaths. Lots of situations where the player is pretty much unable to react if not knowing before what is going to happen.

On top of that, the game punishes it by giving less credits and a worse ranking. Bullshit!

Shito

YuriLowell said:
I just got the
Claw hand weapon things
Yes you are: just read the topic a few pages back.

YuriLowell said:
I just got the
Claw hand weapon things

I've always equipped them on the feet, switched 'em to electric mode, and used the charge moves they have at the end of combo's to finish enemies off. Work's in normal mode anyways.

ultim8p00

Banned
It's so fucking painful getting anything less that a Gold in this game. I don't know why. I just feel like shit getting less than gold.

This game has really taken me by surprise. I thought it was going to be a DMC clone but it plays a lot more like Ninja Gaiden, except that instead of instant-blocking, you have to doge. That and you have the DMC-esque combo system.

Nothing will ever beat Ninja Gaiden for me, but Bayonetta is so gaddamn close it's not even funny. Itagaki you better take notes man.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you know what else is cool about this cool cool game?

the cool arcade game after each chapter in this cool fold. it's totally swananas.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Ugh. So many games, so little time.
It was a terrible mistake trying to split yesterday evening between Trajectile (DSiWare), Bayonetta (360), and Darksiders (PS3), because ultimately I didn't play enough of any of them, and now, while at the office, I'm jonesing for all three of them!

I still hate the game's art style in general, and Bayonetta's character design specifically, but I'll be fucked over thrice if the game doesn't rock hardcore. I think it'll easily wind up taking the crown from DMC3. Despite the weird art style, the game certainly does ooze style during gameplay and the full cinematics. I am a bit bummed about the seemingly more-common, low-budget cutscenes that feature barely animated stills and no lip syncing at all. They're a nasty contrast to the otherwise slick full cinematics.

But it's an action game, and in that sense, it is quickly winning me over and rendering all other nitpicks irrelevant! So when I get home tonight... I'm really conflicted about which of the two I'll play. I really thought I'd be setting Bayonetta aside until after Darksiders, but now, I'm no longer so sure about that!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dabookerman said:
THE GAME IS TOO JAPAN.. I CAN'T PLAY THIS

OH NO NOT JAPAN! I CAN'T HANDLE JAPAN! IT'S A DIFFERENT PLACE THAN HERE!

(Just started the game proper last night, and I'm finding it to be fucking brilliant)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the problem with this game is that I was playing FFXII, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and Halo: ODST prior to picking it up, and now I can't justify to myself spending anymore time with them until I'm totally done with Bayonetta. The amount of fun I was having with them relative to the amount of fun I'm having now with Bayonetta just doesn't cut it at the moment. I may never get back to them, and I really wanted to finish FFXII. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Rez said:
the problem with this game is that I was playing FFXII, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and Halo: ODST prior to picking it up, and now I can't justify to myself spending anymore time with them until I'm totally done with Bayonetta. The amount of fun I was having with them relative to the amount of fun I'm having now with Bayonetta just doesn't cut it at the moment. I may never get back to them, and I really wanted to finish FFXII. :(

Finish Bayonetta first. it's shorter. Then you won't feel rushed when you're playing FFXII.

Anso

THERE we go. Climax Edition shipping to Sweden. I will sit here crying for a week or so before I can play it but when it arrives I'll be laughing while reading my artbook, probably touching myself. :lol

thetrin

Is this "Too japanese" argument a new one? I don't remember that even being around in the last generation. When did gamers become so xenophobic? It's a total surprise to me, especially considering how much gamers used to universally idolize Japanese games 10 years ago.

Anso

thetrin said:
Is this "Too japanese" argument a new one? I don't remember that even being around in the last generation. When did gamers become so xenophobic? It's a total surprise to me, especially considering how much gamers used to universally idolize Japanese games 10 years ago.

The west caught up and now there's nothing to romanticize about apparently. I call bullshit!

thetrin

Anso said:
The west caught up and now there's nothing to romanticize about apparently. I call bullshit!

I would totally believe this if Japan and the West made the exact same games...but they don't. Both regions have plenty to offer. Maybe I just don't get it.

Anso

thetrin said:
I would totally believe this if Japan and the West made the exact same games...but they don't. Both regions have plenty to offer. Maybe I just don't get it.

Nah, I'm with you. I'd have sex with most Japanese games, not so much with most western (except the indie shmups, those are just spectacular!). I guess the oddly inbred sexual tension in Japanese games get to me.

smik

Played it and i almost vomited lol :lol

When her clothes came off it was one of the most hilariously stupid things i have ever seen in a video game, Japanese style type of game design/cinematics/story just dont go done well with me anymore since this generation started

i dont know why... but this type of game use to be really interesting for me Ps1/2 days but this shit doesnt fly with me anymore, its all obnoxiously done over the top and over stylized, characters are anoying as hell just listening to them and gameplay was definitely reminiscent of DMC4

ElyrionX

The cutscenes and dialogue are horribly cheesey. Goddamn.

Also, on the first day of release, no one on my friend list was playing this. This game is going to bomb so badly. How did it do in Japan?

thetrin said:

Basically "too Japanese" usually refers to things that are overly sexual, which makes sense because America's stance on sexuality is laughable. Also things that are out there and surreal, in the same way Monty Python stuff is surreal.
Also, lack of big brawny men, makes things too Japanese.
Also games like this with J-pop (which consequently enough, doesn't have any j-pop, but apparently according to some people it does) makes this game too japanese.

This has become the growing trend in gaming today, where people can't enjoy games because they "represent" a particular country too much.

Anso

Dabookerman said:
Basically "too Japanese" usually refers to things that are overly sexual, which makes sense because America's stance on sexuality is laughable. Also things that are out there and surreal, in the same way Monty Python stuff is surreal.

More overly sexual surreal Monty Python-games please!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Damn, this game really is a blast. The combat engine is so much more refined and enjoyable than Devil May Cry. It's really fluid and fun to play. It seemed a bit too chaotic at first, but you come to grips with things pretty quickly.

Shurs

ElyrionX said:
Also, on the first day of release, no one on my friend list was playing this.
This is also true of my PS3 Friends List, which is made up primarily of GAFfers. I do see plenty of people playing Darksiders. I just assumed that people are playing it on 360 rather than PS3.

borghe

Dabookerman said:
Also, lack of big brawny men, makes things too Japanese.
gaming in most cases represents an avatar. to have a big bad ass in game doing all of this cool shit empowers the player that THEY are doing it all THROUGH this big brawny guy that represents them. at least this is how they feel. Guys who play as women or effeminate males must be gay because they want to pretend to be a female or homosexual in their games. They have a need to identify with and to a degree become the character in the story. This is honestly how they feel and typically even falls outside of games to movies and TV as well. Which I suppose is their opinion. Stupid, but their opinion.

For me personally, gaming is no different a form of escapism than movies or books in which I am not experiencing a story but just being entertained by it. Girls, guys, straight, gay.. it doesn't really matter. If the story is good (or in the case of gaming, story isn't horrible and the gameplay is good) I don't care. I play girls often in games because, as is often said, I would rather stare at a half clothed chick on screen for 10+ hours of game time compared to a half clothed dude for the same amount. Not homophobic, just than one is infinitely more appealing than the other. Go figure. :p

Baker

Banned
I had about 10 "friends" on last night and only one was playing Bayonetta. There are a lot of people just getting around to AC2 for some reason.

Amon37

Rez said:
you know what else is cool about this cool cool game?

the cool arcade game after each chapter in this cool fold. it's totally swananas.

AAANNNNGGGGEEELLLLL AAATTTTTAAACKKKK!!!!!!!

ElyrionX said:
The cutscenes and dialogue are horribly cheesey. Goddamn.
Intentional.

ElyrionX said:
Also, on the first day of release, no one on my friend list was playing this. This game is going to bomb so badly. How did it do in Japan?
I had one person playing on my friends list, then again that means absolutely nothing. It did well in Japan, I believe it sold over 250,000 in its first week.

Top Bottom