• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

george_us

Red Blaster said:
Alright, I'm pissed again. Epilogue stuff.

Final boss I guess. I keep getting sucked into the fucking portal that kills you immediately, how the fuck do you avoid this shit. This is a fucking cheap death that's making me really fucking irate.

Is there a faster way to beat this thing aside from hack away at its tentacles or by dodging the fists?

EDIT:
FUCKING DIED AGAIN FROM THE COCKSMOKING DICKSNEEZE ONE HIT DEATH PORTAL OF ANNOYANCE
Go into panther mode, run around in circles, and jump over them at the last possible second.

Giolon

God's Beard said:
The key is learning dodge offset to get witches weaves consistently against aggressive enemies.

I can't do this for the life of me. :( It's just too many steps for my brain to process -
  1. think of the combo I want to execute
  2. think of the proper timing for those annoying little pauses
  3. think of hitting the dodge button to avoid incoming attacks at the right time
  4. think of remembering to hold down the last combo button I was pressing so I can do the dodge offset
  5. remember what timing I need to use for the button press coming out of the dodge
-- it's just an inhuman amount of things to keep track of.

Fugu

Red Blaster said:
....and done!

10 Stone Awards :lol
Ten?

I'm envious. After my first playthrough, the only places where I had anything better than a stone were the chapters consisting entirely of bosses. :D

DihcarEM

Awesome game, finished climax mode yesterday, i have now started normal mode again to get all platinum(which will
get me the jeanne"Motherfucker!"character:D

And seriously fuck Capcom, instead of giving us awesome Dante with Lady and Trish playable, they gave us a younger twin copy of Dante as lead with excuse that Dante is too powerful, Bayonetta says bullshit.

andymcc

Banned
just finished the game. without a doubt the best action game i've played this gen. that really isn't saying much considering the quality of most of them, i know, but i can safely say this is the best action game of its type since ninja gaiden black.

goddamned amazing. can't wait to screw around with the items i missed through my first playthrough.

Nemesis_

DihcarEM said:
Awesome game, finished climax mode yesterday, i have now started normal mode again to get all platinum(which will
get me the jeanne"Motherfucker!"character:D

And seriously fuck Capcom, instead of giving us awesome Dante with Lady and Trish playable, they gave us a younger twin copy of Dante as lead with excuse that Dante is too powerful, Bayonetta says bullshit.

While I am a huge Capcom fanboy, they have a lot of work to do if and when they ever launch DMC5. Not really sure how they could succesfully top Bayonetta.

the locations of the alfheim portals are so weird. you have to recheck every location after something happens, or you'll almost never find a thing on your own.

Giolon

Despite my sucktitude as mentioned above, I just managed to finish this on Normal. The final battle plus the ending sequence alone bumped my personal score for those game from the 7.5-8 range to the 8.5-9 range.

I'm ready for a sequel with
Bayonetta/Jeanne co-op
. Who's with me?

TheExodu5

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
While I am a huge Capcom fanboy, they have a lot of work to do if and when they ever launch DMC5. Not really sure how they could succesfully top Bayonetta.

If they get their level design and art design fixed (bring back the DMC/DMC3 art), then it can top it for me. Reason one: I like the style of DMC far more. Reason two: PC version ahoy!

I doubt they're going to pull it off though. =\

ARGH! order posted yesterday from game with next day delivery and it hasnt even arrived at the royal mail depo place! Bloody weather...

Veelk

Banned
So I just got past a part I was stuck at, and I'm so happy right now that I just need to come in here to gush about how fucking awesome Bayonetta is.

God, I love action gaming. The kind of feeling you get when you have just destroyed a bunch of enemies that were kicking your ass is beyond anything else in gaming. I never have this much fun in anything else I play. NOTHING compares to this feeling. This brings back my earliest memories of when I was getting my ass kicked at Ninja Gaiden and I just couldn't get past that one boss, that one enemy encounter. Then I do beat it, and I know I did something that was phenomonally difficult but did it anyway. I just fucking destroyed those guys and there is nothing they could have done about it because I"M JUST THAT FUCKING GOOD.

Fuck whatever is coming out the rest of the year. It doesn't matter. Bayonetta is the game of the year, game of the past 5 years. Thank you Kamiya, thank you Platnium games. You have reminded me of what action gaming means to me.

randomwab

Dabookerman said:
Oh fuck..

This is not good, my postie sucks huge amount of dick, he's so unreliable.

:( Here's hoping.

I bet that I don't get it until Saturday or maybe Monday. Honestly, Play usually suck for shipping.

Korey

Just finished Chapter 4. There's so much going on in this game, at all times, I feel like I'm being desensitized to "awesome action sequences" :lol

Kowak

Banned
My climax edition arrived as well today, i had just seen in my emails that it was dispatched yesterday and ten minutes later got a knock at the door and found it to be the game(this actually pisses me off because i thought it was the headphones that were dispatched from play.com on saturday)

forgrim

I have a quick question:

Is it possible to check what trophy you got for a mission and the breakdown of what you got for the verses?

This is bothering me.

Pimpbaa

Want this game so bad, but the stupid walmart in my small ass town was sold out on release day (only 2 friggin copies). Well they did still have ps3 versions left and I was tempted but thankfully decided to go back home and order the 360 version off amazon. The guy working in the electronic section saying the game is gonna suck due to it being from sega fouled my mood even more. Heh, I wonder how many gamers are gonna pass on this game simply because it has sega on the box.

HiResDes

Okay you've heard me complain about the imagery in this game, but now that I've spent a couple of hours with it I can now complain about the gameplay :lol...The combat mechanics, the moveset, dodging/witch time, etc. all seem quite fluid and well though out; however, I find that overall the combo-centered design not to be my cup of tea. The game definitely feels more like DMC than Ninja Gaiden, which is a little dissappointing to me. I think I like the enemy design better in NG because the enemies don't feel as much as mere juggling objects. The biggest thrill I get from these types of games is countering my opponent, and though Bayonetta definitely rewards the player for doing so, I feel the A.I and enemy design in the NG series is better suited for my style of play. Royal Guard in DMC made things kinda fun though, for me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
just finished the game.

probably my game of the generation so far. absolutely stunning in so many different ways.

MattNY

Nemesis556 said:

I don't think so, though I admit, I haven't played Bayonetta besides the demo. I enjoyed 4, outside of replaying the same levels. If they fix that, and tweak a few other things, I would be in line for a DMC5 release.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
forgrim said:
I have a quick question:

Is it possible to check what trophy you got for a mission and the breakdown of what you got for the verses?

This is bothering me.
after you beat the game in its entirety once, the Play History menu unlocks in the Chapter Select 'sub-menu'.

Backflip

We got this in the mail from SEGA today :

4254031014_876cf6cd29.jpg

Cherry-flavored Bayonetta lollipop. More pictures there : http://www.jv247.com/blog/2225-Bayonetta-veut-faire-saliver-les-journalistes.html

Odinson

I did the TRU online deal and got Bayonetta and 1/2 off Darksiders. Darksiders shipped and should be here today. They are out of stock on Bayo =( Hopefully it get's here next week.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
oh yeah, regarding the (Chapter 14-15 spoilers)
Space Harrier sequence and turret sequence
, both of those sections were so much better for me once I realised that you can un-invert the Y-Axis in the Start menu.

it's probably been over in the thread already, but here it is again:

TO UN-INVERT SHOOTING SEQUENCES
it's kind of hidden, you have to select the top option in the 'options' menu, then highlight control and press A on the missile (or equivalent) symbol, then, when the control map shows up, hit Y to invert.

EzLink

Banned
I really want to give this game a fair chance, but I didn't care much for the demo at all. How representative of the full game is the demo? Also, about how long is the campaign? If I can beat it on a rental I'll probably do that

Thanks guys ^_^

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
EzLink said:
I really want to give this game a fair chance, but I didn't care much for the demo at all. How representative of the full game is the demo? Also, about how long is the campaign? If I can beat it on a rental I'll probably do that

Thanks guys ^_^
you should be able to get through Normal mode in a rental period. depending on your skill, the single-player campaign takes around 8 hours.

hulot

thetrin said:
Okay, that makes sense. Do blank medals hurt your overall score, or is your final medal an average of the medals you DID get?
Blank medals from not completing an Alfheim challenge or hidden verse does effect your Chapter score. Some might not know but there are stone, bronze, silver, gold, platinum and then pure platinum rankings. The best ranking requires pures in all verses of that chapter.

Generic said:
The biggest issue, I feel, is that I have WAY too many abilities. For example, I need to get rid of that cat transformation, as it's really screwing up my dodging and stuff. Because I have so much stuff, I sometimes do thing unintentionally. But yeah, like any good action game, I just need to learn the enemy.
If you find that you're turning into the panther accidentally, it means you're spamming the dodge and not actually timing it. I had this problem too, still do sometimes, but work on timing and you'll see your game improve tremendously. Air dodges and accidental crow transformations on the other hand, I still do too often.

Raxus

Rez said:
you should be able to get through Normal mode in a rental period. depending on your skill, the single-player campaign takes around 8 hours.
I spent 7 hours just exploring and doing the challenges and I am only on chapter 6 so if you want to invest time into the game HO boy does it expand.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Raxus said:
I spent 7 hours just exploring and doing the challenges though so if you want to invest time into the game HO boy does it expand.
oh, yeah, sure. I was 12 hours in when I ploughed through Chapter 14 through to the end, thanks to all the time I'd spent replaying levels to try out new play-styles and search for hidden goodies.

the game is loaded with content, it's one of the few games I've felt has actually earned that $99AU price tag in the past few months, but if someone wanted to rent it and just experience the campaign on a relatively shallow level, a rental period should be enough time if you get it over the weekend or something. :)

ravien56 said:
Thanks for this, where in the game do they teach you this stuff?
Pretty sure there was a tutorial at one point, I didn't understand what it did at first but then when I sent some of the bigger enemies flying due to the crazy combos I had going I knew that dodge offset was for me. ;-)

Mdk7

After 41 hours and after having beaten the hard mode i think i'll stop playing this astonishing game for a while.
Maybe.

Raxus

Hell I am still missing the crows, hearts and pearls and I still skip verses but I plan on going back and improving my stone medals to gold/silvers so I don't feel so ashamed. I got the panther mode and I am getting used to the combo system. Plus, I still need to adjust to two whole new weapons I earned, the whip and claws. Needless to say this game is going to take hundreds of hours out of time out of pure bliss unlike DMC4's grind to get 1000 achievements/full trophies.

Giolon said:
I can't do this for the life of me. :( It's just too many steps for my brain to process -
  1. think of the combo I want to execute
  2. think of the proper timing for those annoying little pauses
  3. think of hitting the dodge button to avoid incoming attacks at the right time
  4. think of remembering to hold down the last combo button I was pressing so I can do the dodge offset
  5. remember what timing I need to use for the button press coming out of the dodge
-- it's just an inhuman amount of things to keep track of.

Until you're learned the combos you want, try just holding down every button you press until you need to hit the next button. Then, when you dodge, you're already holding down the button and if that combo happens to have a pause section, you'll continue the combo naturally when you come out of the roll.

panda21

randomwab said:
I bet that I don't get it until Saturday or maybe Monday. Honestly, Play usually suck for shipping.

ok this is a pet peeve of mine - for me play.com have dispatched every game i pre-ordered without fail on the wednesday or even tuesday it was released, and generally since i live in london i get it on the thursday at the latest.

the only exception to this is when royal mail fuck up, as happened during the strikes last year when a bunch of my stuff arrived weeks late or just went missing completely.

your problem isn't with play.com but with royal mail being completely incompetent, and for some parts of the country its much worse than others. theres really not much play can do about that.

HUELEN10

I am playing on easy, and have gotten "stones" at the end of chapters. Should I be concerned? :( How is scoring determined anyways?

Top Bottom