• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

wRATH2x

Banned
Just beat the game! :D

Pros:
-Bayonetta is one of my favorite characters to come out of this generation.
-The game is creative as fuck, and is filled with surprises.
-All the game references are awesome and some are even funny.
-The supporting characters are pretty fucking awesome.
-The game is very re-playable from start to finish.
-The gameplay is amazing.
-The action sequences are exciting to watch.
-The boss fights are all very fucking fun and exciting. You will be on the edge of your seat everytime.
-The final levels are awesome to say the least.
-The combos are easy to learn and are fun to pull off in game.
-I fucking love the art style(Fuck the haters).
-
Every time you think the game is over, it hits you with something you don't expect :lol

Cons:
-I fucking hate the little girl,
every time I hear mummy I feel like killing a kitten.
-I wish Enzo and Rodin got more screen time.

Overall I give it a 9.5/10, 2010 has started with a bang. :D

P.S.
Rez where is that avatar from? one of my favorites on gaf. :lol

Raxus

I just used start as a quick example but you think they could have mapped skip button to square/B or something instead of having to put in a button combination.

HUELEN10 said:
Don't be dissin' the grindhouse feel. :D
Pretty sure he's talking about the clocktower sequence, not the "film" cutscenes.

Annecodotal sales from my store:
Sold out of 360 version (8 shipped originally)
Sold 1 of the PS3 version (10 shipped originally)

Dave1988

a Master Ninja said:
Pretty sure he's talking about the clocktower sequence, not the "film" cutscenes.

Annecodotal sales from my store:
Sold out of 360 version (8 shipped originally)

Excellent.

a Master Ninja said:
Sold 1 of the PS3 version (10 shipped originally)

Sold one copy too many.

Novid

Banned
um guys.

The Joy Angel right?

Um... Isnt All Angels Male?

Did Kamiya just pull a tranny suprise on us?:lol

Dave1988

MiamiWesker said:
The PS3 version is annoying not broken, its fine.

Annoyingetta doesn't sound as good as Brokenetta, though.

a Master Ninja said:
Yeah, I want the game to sell, bad port and all. I'll also echo the desire for a PC version.

Why do you wish suffering on others?

Hari Seldon

I'm going to have to rent this game. I did not like the demo at all, and felt that there was just too much shit going on on the screen. But I love NG, DMC, and GoW. Meh maybe I should just buy it lol. If it wasn't for the bad experience with the demo I would.

I went into one of those alfheim things in chapter 6 where the goal was to execute 5 torture attacks only getting hit 3 times. I can do the torture attacks, I cant survive though. I suck at dodging, I suck at dodge offset and that is the key to the whole game. I am so used to playing non-stop that pressing buttons in a methodical pace throws me off. When I dodge I usually dodge like 3 times in a row cause I am just mashing the evade button. I need to figure this out cause I am getting my ass kicked.

Hari Seldon said:
I did not like the demo at all, and felt that there was just too much shit going on on the screen.
If you are talking about the 360 demo and the clocktower sequence specficially, then you have nothing to worry about as that really isn't in the game. Buy it now. If you were overhwelmed by the parts after the train station, then I might rent it.

Spike

Should I trade in Halo ODST and Gears 2 for this? I don't know what to do, but these glowing impressions have me seriously interested...

NICE!
I stopped into BlockBuster's just now for the heck of it because I had not been there in 6 months. They had Batman: AA and Bayonetta to rent and a 2 for 1 deal going on. It's going to be a good gaming week.The demo was ok, and I've wanted to check out the rest of the game. They had a 360 version of the game there as well, but after reading the thread there is no way I'm going to touch that.

Daante

Buying the game tomorrow when its released here in Sweden. Still wondering if anyone know if the 360 EU version is superior to the PS3 EU version?

( i have both consoles so im "safe" but im preferring the PS3 pad for this kind of games).

andymcc

Banned
BobTheFork said:
They had a 360 version of the game there as well, but after reading the thread there is no way I'm going to touch that.

uh, your reading comprehension skills are a little suspect, bro...

andymcc said:
uh, your reading comprehension skills are a little suspect, bro...
:p it's because I don't own a 360. I was just saying it because I know the xbox version runs better. Still can't wait to play it.

Zeliard

I can't get over how amazing the gameplay in this game is. As far as the feel of of the combat, they nailed every facet. It feels heavy and hard-hitting, yet highly swift and precise, which is very tough to balance right. The visual and aural feedback to the player during combat is practically unmatched.

gunstarhero

WTF - I'm on the first Alfheim challenge (limited punches and kicks) and can't for the life of me figure out the combo I should be using.

Any help?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
My biggest complaint, outside of the technical issues, is that a single missed QTE can fuck up a plat run. Not cool.

gunstarhero said:
WTF - I'm on the first Alfheim challenge (limited punches and kicks) and can't for the life of me figure out the combo I should be using.

Any help?
I used the
claw
weapons with the charge kick move. My bread and butter combo was PP-K(charge). It took me about 3 tries to get it.

So....

Color me the fuck surprised. Not only is the voice acting actually good, hell better then good, pretty damn decent, but the narrative is actually interesting and well thought out. DMC4 seems like an indie project compared to this game lol

Dreavus

Well, I just fought my first
'Joy'
; I think that may have been a little too over the top (if such a thing exists in this game.)

"Gratuitous" doesn't even begin to describe it. =|

andymcc

Banned
Dreavus said:
'Joy'
; I think that may have been a little too over the top (if such a thing exists in this game.)

as someone else pointed out, the angels are supposed to be all male. couple that with the bondage horse and you've got yourself one awesome tranny surprise.

Veelk

Banned
Can someone tell me how to deal with those stupid ark boats in chapter X? I can get past them by ignoring them, but I feel bad not killing them, but if I try, those missiles rape me.

sonicmj1

gunstarhero said:

Any help?

Even with just guns, this is possible. I primarily relied on PPKKK to deal most of the required damage.

As long as you make sure to hold down each attack button for as long as possible (until your gun stops firing) to get as much damage from each hit as you can, you should be able to deal just enough to get by. To make it easier, start each combo in Witch Time.

123rl

It's an incredible game but I'm in need of some advice. I truly love DMC3 and Viewtiful Joe and this is like the weird hybrid of those two and a few more games I love mixed into one superb game

On Chapter Six:

There's a magic door with three switches on the path. I can't get past this and there are no clues that I can see

I'm sure it's something really obvious and easy but I just can't see it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
123rl said:
It's an incredible game but I'm in need of some advice. I truly love DMC3 and Viewtiful Joe and this is like the weird hybrid of those two and a few more games I love mixed into one superb game

On Chapter Six:

There's a magic door with three switches on the path. I can't get past this and there are no clues that I can see

I'm sure it's something really obvious and easy but I just can't see it.
animal run

Dreavus

andymcc said:
as someone else pointed out, the angels are supposed to be all male. couple that with the bondage horse and you've got yourself one awesome tranny surprise.

Male or not (I thought angels were viewed as genderless beings? I could be wrong) it doesn't change what happened. That is one fucked up torture kill.

Novid

Banned
Dreavus said:
'Joy'

You cant say Kamiya with out Kami :D

Novid

Banned
Dreavus said:
Male or not (I thought angels were viewed as genderless beings? I could be wrong) it doesn't change what happened. That is one fucked up torture kill.

Angels arn't nessarlly "genderless" :lol

Top Bottom