• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

JoeFu

Banned
Any chance that there will be a patch for the PS3 game? I don't have a 360 and the video I watched made the pauses and frame dips bad :(

Raxus

If we just had a better OP screaming IT IS OK TO BUY FOR THE PS3! or if somebody would take the damn time to read the numerous posts about the PS3 version :lol

XenoRaven

burgerdog said:
Found it, thanks. Now the last boss keeps killing me with that vortex attack. So annoying.
Try to find the early warning signs when she's about to do it. The color of the magic she charges up before should tell you. Then I go to panther form and just run from it until it goes away.

That is, if you're looking for my advice.

Giolon

Raxus said:
If we just had a better OP screaming IT IS OK TO BUY FOR THE PS3! or if somebody would take the damn time to read the numerous posts about the PS3 version :lol

If you have only a PS3, then yes it's ok. But if you have both systems, if you don't buy it for 360 all I have to say is you must have some really powerful Sony-Love goggles on.

One advantage the PS3 version has though is since the load times are longer, you get more time in the practice areas and to see the combo lists. I'd kill to be able to just pull those up at any time from a menu or something.

JoeFu said:
Any chance that there will be a patch for the PS3 game? I don't have a 360 and the video I watched made the pauses and frame dips bad :(

Thats because the video wasnt the actual game on your PS3.

I too, dont have a 360, but Bayo on the PS3 is awesome!

Load times on the other hand depends entirely on your attention span
They last 2 seconds longer than normal and like the poster stated above me said, that allows more time to practice your combos.

And for some reason you hear complaints about the loading time in pausing the game. YOUR PAUSING THE GAME. As long as the action stops who cares if it takes 2 seconds for it to actually bring up the menu. I mean what were you seeing... if the pause button actually stopped working in the middle of gameplay. (minor gripe :p) I mean, dont get me wrong I can understand the loading hate when the 360 version doesnt have it, but... loading screen for pause =/= Broken game

Raxus

Giolon said:
If you have only a PS3, then yes it's ok. But if you have both systems, if you don't buy it for 360 all I have to say is you must have some really powerful Sony-Love goggles on.

One advantage the PS3 version has though is since the load times are longer, you get more time in the practice areas and to see the combo lists. I'd kill to be able to just pull those up at any time from a menu or something.
There is a training mode in if you press select(I think)... so yeah that kinda negates the one advantage.

burgerdog

XenoRaven said:
Try to find the early warning signs when she's about to do it. The color of the magic she charges up before should tell you. Then I go to panther form and just run from it until it goes away.

That is, if you're looking for my advice.
That's what I ended up figuring out after 8 deaths lol

Veelk

Banned
Is there suppose to be some trick to this platforming section from hell in the 15th chapter? I'm mostly just trying to make it through, but I keep falling through. And when I do make it though, I ahve to face the cube boss, who kills me, and then I have to start back at the bottom of the platforming section. Tips? For both the platforming and how to defeat this subboss? I can avoid most of his attacks, but he always hits me when he turns into a giant worm.

Also, another question: Am I really going to have to go through that entire rails on shooter sequence EVERYTIME I want to fight Jeanne? Because I just cannot for the life of me comprehend why they would put such a tedious and lengthy sequence right before the best fight in the game.

Jonsoncao

Banned
gwiz210 said:
So what's up with me hearing the PS3 version isn't as good as the 360 one? Could someone explain cause I'd like to purchase it for my ps3.

PS3 version ends up to be an inferior port just like most of multiplatform games out there on the market

no big deal

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Generic said:
Is there suppose to be some trick to this platforming section from hell in the 15th chapter? I'm mostly just trying to make it through, but I keep falling through. And when I do make it though, I ahve to face the cube boss, who kills me, and then I have to start back at the bottom of the platforming section. Tips? For both the platforming and how to defeat this subboss? I can avoid most of his attacks, but he always hits me when he turns into a giant worm.

Also, another question: Am I really going to have to go through that entire rails on shooter sequence EVERYTIME I want to fight Jeanne? Because I just cannot for the life of me comprehend why they would put such a tedious and lengthy sequence right before the best fight in the game.
Boss: There's a cycle to his transformations. When you think the worm is coming, spam evade. When the two fists come out, evade, witch time, then go ham with high damage air combos.

Platforming: Its tricky... the platforms 'rotate' in a sense. get halfway out there and wait, the next set will come to you.

And I thought the rail sections were pretty frickin awesome... especially the bike one. The second one would've been more fun if I could've changed the axis up.

Korey

Giolon said:
One advantage the PS3 version has though is since the load times are longer, you get more time in the practice areas and to see the combo lists.
Glass half full, I like your style :p

DY_nasty

XenoRaven said:
I just
used the Crow transformation to get past the platform part.
Well if you want to get all fancy and buy techniques then go knock yourself out!

Veelk

Banned
DY_nasty said:
And I thought the rail sections were pretty frickin awesome... especially the bike one. The second one would've been more fun if I could've changed the axis up.

The bike sequence was pretty cool, and the rails on shooter can be fun if you like that sort of thing, but I don't. I just want to know if there is a way I can skip it, and just get to the Jeanne fight on replays, because I do not want to have to go through that everytime I fight her.

DY_nasty

Generic said:
The bike sequence was pretty cool, and the rails on shooter can be fun if you like that sort of thing, but I don't. I just want to know if there is a way I can skip it, and just get to the Jeanne fight on replays, because I do not want to have to go through that everytime I fight her.
I see your point.

The last rails segment is VERY long. Especially if you suck.

maybe my PS3 is special. downloaded the demo and it looked/performed fantasically.

sure, i sucked at it and died when the bridge fell (for some reason), but it doesn't look washed out or nasty or sluggish like all of those preview videos did.

would still be nice to get a patch to at least tighten up things a bit, seeing as they obviously had time/resources to do it for 360.

Jonsoncao said:
PS3 version ends up to be an inferior port just like most of multiplatform games out there on the market

no big deal

Why does this myth still exist? For almost any game that people care about anymore the PS3 gets equivalent ports. You're thinking back in 2007. Nowadays Bayonetta is the exception rather than the rule.

But yeah the PS3 port is shit

Dave1988

ConcealedBlaze said:
Why does this myth still exist? For almost any game that people care about anymore the PS3 gets equivalent ports. You're thinking back in 2007. Nowadays Bayonetta is the exception rather than the rule.

But yeah the PS3 port is shit

Because they want the game to sell. They'll bullshit anyone into believing that the port is actually acceptable. Hell, they actually bullshited themselves into believing it.

TheExodu5

Banned
The start of chapter V is kicking my ass. Damned agni & rudra gryphons.

dreamer3kx said:
Do the ps3 problems with the game outweigh the controller preferences, Id much rather play with the dualshock.

Yeah they do. Other than the lock-on involving the RB, the 360 controller isn't terrible. You never use it nearly as much as in DMC, so it's not too bad.

Dave1988

dreamer3kx said:
Do the ps3 problems with the game outweigh the controller preferences, Id much rather play with the dualshock.

Play the demo. Add to it more tearing, framerate drops and long load times and you get the pitcure of the full retail ver.

Giolon

Fimbulvetr said:
Someone hasn't discovered the Back/Select button's function in load screens. :p

I have, but I discovered no practice room there. I'll have to look again. :) Anyone care to point out exactly how to access it? That and I was trying to be positive!

TheExodu5

Banned
jvalioli said:
Try using the sword if you aren't already.

See, I'm not quite sure what's up. I got the sword and the whip, but they don't appear in the shop, even though the guns I got do. Do I need to buy the guns before I get the sword?

edit: know what I love so much about this game? The ability to jump or dodge cancel any move. I absolutely being unable to do this in games like Ninja Gaiden.

TheExodu5 said:
See, I'm not quite sure what's up. I got the sword and the whip, but they don't appear in the shop, even though the guns I got do. Do I need to buy the guns before I get the sword?
Hit the back button when you are playing, the equipment tab is all the way on the left. Also just use witch time against them, its the safest way to take them out.

Dave1988

TheExodu5 said:

You already have them. Shuraba and Kulshedra can't be worn on feet so you can't buy a second set. Go into your inventory.

DY_nasty

TheExodu5 said:
No, just hit back/select and check out the equip screen. :D

Pancho

Qurupancho
Im loving all the small references to past capcom games like
When you go into panther mode you leave a trail of flowers like Ammy does when she runs in Okami

:D

But yeah all this "PS3 version is broken"crap is really pissing me off, the 360 version looks noticeably better but the ps3 version is not unplayable,only the loading times can be a bit annoying. If you got only a ps3, seriously don't let that stop you from buying it.

Dave1988 said:
Play the demo. Add to it more tearing, framerate drops and long load times and you get the pitcure of the full retail ver.
I played the demo and actually thought that it was better than xbox one because of controller, but ended up buying and playing xbox game because of the reviews. The demo on PS3 is actually really good.

The biggest problem with the game is cutscenes!!! I just can't skip cutscenes in a videogame and it became a huge problem in bayonetta. The story is crap and the cutscenes are way too long :( I wish there was a fast forward (not skip) button or something. The action is great though, but playing it with xbox controller is like playing FPS on dualshock...

Pancho

Qurupancho
roman2003h said:
I played the demo and actually thought that it was better than xbox one because of controller, but ended up buying and playing xbox game because of the reviews. The demo on PS3 is actually really good.

The biggest problem with the game is cutscenes!!! I just can't skip cutscenes in a videogame and it became a huge problem in bayonetta. The story is crap and the cutscenes are way too long :( I wish there was a fast forward button or something. The action is great though, but playing it with xbox controller is like playing FPS on dualshock...

You can skip cutscenes pushing start button.

andymcc

Banned
i forgot to mention how much i loved the
space harrier stage. i don't care how overly long it is, whenever she said "welcome to my fantasy zone." and the music started up, shit got real, i'm pretty sure i fist pumped quicker than a guido on jersey shore.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wrath2X said:
P.S.
Rez where is that avatar from? one of my favorites on gaf. :lol
The Mighty Boosh.

It's an awesome TV show/live act, look them up. :D

Pancho said:
or by pressing RT/R2 + Back/Select

andymcc said:
i forgot to mention how much i loved the
space harrier stage. i don't care how overly long it is, whenever she said "welcome to my fantasy zone." and the music started up, shit got real, i'm pretty sure i fist pumped quicker than a guido on jersey shore.
I had nothing against it or the
motorcycle
stage either, especially once I worked out how to fix the control inversion. They were both so easy, it was nice to have a 10 minute distraction (with
awesome 2D plane combat mixed in, which I wish was used again, but am kind of glad isn't. I appreciate it more because of how scarce it was.
).

I'm not sure how they'll hold up on repeat playthroughs, but as of right now I look back on them fondly.

The epilogue was so amazing. Everything about it was just great. Question, though:
was it possible to to avoid the mini-vortexes that transform you into a child, and if you do get hit, is there any way to change back to an adult without using the Bat Within?

remz

Pancho said:
Im loving all the small references to past capcom games like
When you go into panther mode you leave a trail of flowers like Ammy does when she runs in Okami
Or Luka's list of girls being the girls from all Mikami's other games.

Pancho said:
I know but I can't just skip them. I actually wanted to fast forward them. They were so slow that watching 8 minute cutscene in a minute would of been sufficient enough for me to follow the story. I can't just skip a cutscene... I don't even know why.

Volcynika

roman2003h said:
I know but I can't just skip them. I actually wanted to fast forward them. They were so slow that watching 8 minute cutscene in a minute would of been sufficient enough for me to follow the story. I can't just skip a cutscene... I don't even know why.

So you're complaining about the cutscenes which you won't skip. Got it.

Volcynika said:
So you're complaining about the cutscenes which you won't skip. Got it.
I know it sounds stupid. But I feel that there should be context to the gameplay and cutscenes provide that context for example I actually skipped the cutscene between last chapter and epilogue and couldn't figure out why
I was in space.
Even though I did not really care why I still wanted to know so I replayed the whole chapter (5min without the cutscenes) just because I wanted to know.

Finished it last night...what a game! So memorable! (Bayonetta is character of the generation!)

When you’re fighting Balder and Bayonetta says:
“Don’t f*** with a witch” and you control the bullet to his head
........amazing! And the dance video at the end = genius.

The game has so many fantastic moments from the very start to the very end, just thinking about some of those bosses make me smile.....and I love all the unlockables after you beat the game! It's soooo Okami! <3

The only flaws are the still cut-scenes, as were some of the fully animated cut-scenes. Some of them simply drag on (first meeting Balder was painfully boring for example), which leads me to my next disappointment.

The story was horrible and all over the place, and some of the recycled bosses later in the game annoyed me. Plus the Space Harrier part of the game goes for too long.

Overall, I loved it a lot! They really truly did go all out. Bayonetta is pure stylish, sexy win! :D

Peff

Rez said:
The epilogue was so amazing. Everything about it was just great. Question, though:
was it possible to to avoid the mini-vortexes that transform you into a child, and if you do get hit, is there any way to change back to an adult without using the Bat Within?

Yes, it is possible, but pretty hard (which is why the following attack is so easy to dodge, I assume). You have to jump with good timing as the vortex is faster than you and jump again when it comes back. Later on she will throw more vortexes at once.

Also, if you dodge two of the punches (just by running to a side) she will go back to Bayonetta alone. In fact I didn't know you could do Bat Within when you are Cereza :lol

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
None of the Bayonetta soundtrack uploaded to Grooveshark yet makes me a sad Sexual Harrasment Panda. :(

andymcc

Banned
Rez said:
Question, though:

i actually found it pretty easy to dodge after using panther form and some well-timed jumps.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Peff said:
Yes, it is possible, but pretty hard (which is why the following attack is so easy to dodge, I assume). You have to jump with good timing as the vortex is faster than you and jump again when it comes back. Later on she will throw more vortexes at once.

Also, if you dodge two of the punches (just by running to a side) she will go back to Bayonetta alone. In fact I didn't know you could do Bat Within when you are Cereza :lol
heh, yeah, I did it by accident. I think you're technically Bayonetta at that point, as the second you get hit, you revert back, so that's why the Bat Within works.

Top Bottom