• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

forgrim

MiamiWesker said:
Took me about 2 hours but I did that damn alfheim I was stuck in. Getting better at this.

good job! i had problems with that same alfheim, and the only way i beat it was getting all 5 of my torture kills in the first two levels, then chainsawing through the next round and hoping i had all 3 lives for the last round, which always killed me. i took about the same amount of time you did.

sonicmj1

andymcc said:
as someone else pointed out, the angels are supposed to be all male. couple that with the bondage horse and you've got yourself one awesome tranny surprise.

The Lumen Sages (and their Umbran counterparts) may have an implied gender, but I don't think any sweeping statements are made about the angels.

grumble

I just turned on my PS3 for the first time in a couple of months. The amount and quality of new content on the Store is amazing, but I don't think I enjoyed anything as much as the Bayonetta demo. Fun game, will buy.

conman

sonicmj1 said:
The Lumen Sages (and their Umbran counterparts) may have an implied gender, but I don't think any sweeping statements are made about the angels.
I think that's correct. The Sages are male, but the angels themselves don't have any particular gender.

MidnightRider said:
So is the PS3 version really lacking that much?

Kind of need an answer soon. I will be leaving work and headed to Best Buy.

Lower framerate, worse textures(though in this kinda game that complaint is rather minor), and worse loading times.

It's still good, just not as good as the 360 version.

Fimbulvetr said:
Lower framerate, worse textures(though in this kinda game that complaint is rather minor), and worse loading times.

It's still good, just not as good as the 360 version.

Not getting then.

Thanks!

AX720 only for me looks like.

Fugu

MidnightRider said:
Not getting then.

Thanks!

AX720 only for me looks like.
You know, it's really not that big of a deal. This is still the best time I've had with a game in years. There's only really one time where the framerate chugs noticably in a fight. The load times aren't enough to detract from the game.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I tried the 8th Alfheim
("Use Wicked Weaves")
on hard for two hours straight yesterday, with very basic equipment. Was so proud when I finally did it, but boy, do I need practice :lol

I just absolutely adore this game. That might sound strange, but you know when you sometimes say that you can feel how much fun a band must have had recording an album, or how much fun a film-crew must have had on the set of some movie - you really can feel with how much passion and, well... fun Platinum and Kamiya worked on Bayonetta, and I'm really happy for them that everything worked out so perfectly. Might well be my game of the gen.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The problem is people don't understand HOW AMAZING THIS GAME IS, PS3 version and all.

Worse framerate, not bad framerate. Framerate never, never EVER gets in the way of playing or enjoying the game.

lower res textures, of which you will rarely have a chance to look at without taking a picture.

loading times, well.. yeah these are annoying, but fortunately it's only really annoying between chapters... during the game I've never been bothered by it much at all.

but really, I think us PS3 owners just have to start answering the "how does it compare to the 360 version" with "Not quite as good but still amazing", because clearly answering it with a short and honest answer is leading people to believe that this still isn't an awe-inspiring experience on the PS3, which is a shame. :(

MidnightRider said:
So is the PS3 version really lacking that much?

Kind of need an answer soon. I will be leaving work and headed to Best Buy.

If you dont have a 360 then Bayonetta is a must buy on the PS3.

I'm absolutely loving it. Dont pass on it just because of someone elses opinion. Rent it if you can to try it out, or buy it if your a fan of the genre, because in all honesty...

...ignorance is bliss.

forgrim

on a totally different topic, bat form should have been given to me at the start, since i go into batform on almost every dodge which has saved me incredible amounts of health.

Dreavus

borghe said:
The problem is people don't understand HOW AMAZING THIS GAME IS, PS3 version and all.

Worse framerate, not bad framerate. Framerate never, never EVER gets in the way of playing or enjoying the game.

lower res textures, of which you will rarely have a chance to look at without taking a picture.

loading times, well.. yeah these are annoying, but fortunately it's only really annoying between chapters... during the game I've never been bothered by it much at all.

but really, I think us PS3 owners just have to start answering the "how does it compare to the 360 version" with "Not quite as good but still amazing", because clearly answering it with a short and honest answer is leading people to believe that this still isn't an awe-inspiring experience on the PS3, which is a shame. :(

Agree 100%. I'm disappointed with the frame rate in some cutscenes, but during gameplay I can only think of 2 instances where I noticed a drop.

It's probably been said a bunch of times, but if you have both systems get it on 360, and if you only have a PS3, I'd recommend going with that instead of skipping out altogether. Fantastic game so far.

Don

I ordered both versions (PS3 climax edition and 360 version from GAME that comes with one of the Scarborough Fair guns), but only the PS3 version has arrived at the moment, so I got playing a little today and I'm not having any problems with the framerate outside of the clock tower stage so far, and only noticed screen tearing in some of the cutscenes but not during gameplay. I was actually a bit worried at first when I played through the clock tower stage but after that it has been fine.

Korey

Wow, I just discovered the "back" menu where you can switch weapon configurations, in chapter 5. I don't remember them telling you about that.

sonicmj1

Fimbulvetr said:
Can anybody tell me where the LP pieces are in chapter 9? :x

There are parts of chapter 9 containing areas of old chapters, except the doorways that led in and out are blocked by walls. Those walls are breakable, and usually contain some sort of collectible.

hulot

I don't understand PS3 only owners passing on this game because of an inferiority complex. If there were no 360 version, would they still pass on this? Makes no sense.

MiamiWesker said:
Question, what do the weapon alt. do, are they more powerful, are they just cosmetic changes?
From what I understand, they are just a second pair of the weapon so you can equip to both hands and feets.

Dazzyman

Regarding both versions 360 would be a 10/10 PS3 version would be a 9 or 9.5 it aint that big a deal its just the 360 version is perfect.

If you only have a PS3 then for god sake go buy the bloody thing!!!

gunstarhero

Stupid question guys:

I'm in Chapter 2 (right where the train flies towards me, near the 2nd Alfheim) and I always seem to be piss-poor compared to what weapons and accessories they have in the shop. I think the most cash I had was about 30k.

Am I just sucking royally at this game, or does that sound about right?

The fact that I spent forever on the 2nd Alfheim with nothing but fails, and I'm watching videos of people turning into freakin' jaguars in Alfheim 2, leads me to believe I'm playing this game totally wrong. :D

Hari Seldon

a Master Ninja said:
If you are talking about the 360 demo and the clocktower sequence specficially, then you have nothing to worry about as that really isn't in the game. Buy it now. If you were overhwelmed by the parts after the train station, then I might rent it.

Yeah I just ordered it lol. Screw it. Too much hype for me to pass this up, and I love a good NG/DMC type of game. Amazon Prime 1 day shipping lol.

HYDE

Banned
Don said:
I ordered both versions (PS3 climax edition and 360 version from GAME that comes with one of the Scarborough Fair guns), but only the PS3 version has arrived at the moment, so I got playing a little today and I'm not having any problems with the framerate outside of the clock tower stage so far, and only noticed screen tearing in some of the cutscenes but not during gameplay. I was actually a bit worried at first when I played through the clock tower stage but after that it has been fine.

I was worried with the clock tower also, it looked like absolute crap.
After that, it has been pure unadulterated awesome.
PS3 version ain't broke folks. Matter of fact, it's very playable/replayable
and incrucking fedible.

@giolon: keep that shit out of single player(or make it optional/damn Sheva), if like NGS2 then ok online only. Usually when developers implement that stuff, they half ass the singler player portions.

DeVeAn

I am torn between the two versions. I only buy exclusives for 360 as I personal have had poor experiences with the 360 hardware. I rather have the game on the PS3 but after watching comparison vids OMG.

It puzzles me as to why platinum games seems fine with the way the PS3 version was done. Maybe they had no say but, I would had optimized the game like say NGS series on PS3.

I would be pissed at SEGA for the sloppy job, but I can't help but think if SEGA didn't do the port PS3 owners would not have the pleasure of playing the game.

DeVeAn said:
I am torn between the two versions. I only buy exclusives for 360 as I personal have had poor experiences with the 360 hardware. I rather have the game on the PS3 but after watching comparison vids OMG.

It puzzles me as to why platinum games seems fine with the way the PS3 version was done. Maybe they had no say but, I would had optimized the game like say NGS series on PS3.

I would be pissed at SEGA for the sloppy job, but I can't help but think if SEGA didn't do the port PS3 owners would not have the pleasure of playing the game.
I personally couldn't imagine playing this game running on the ps3. I have both systems and I prefer the ds3 to the 360 controller but...the difference in performance is staggering, if you have the choice.

DeVeAn

Scythesurge said:
I personally couldn't imagine playing this game running on the ps3. I have both systems and I prefer the ds3 to the 360 controller but...the difference in performance is staggering, if you have the choice.
I totally agree...

Peff

burgerdog said:
Is it possible to invert the controls for the mini games/special stages/rail gun? Shit is absolutely killing me.

Yes, look for an icon in the options menu, it's a bit hidden.

gunstarhero said:
Stupid question guys:

I'm in Chapter 2 (right where the train flies towards me, near the 2nd Alfheim) and I always seem to be piss-poor compared to what weapons and accessories they have in the shop. I think the most cash I had was about 30k.

Am I just sucking royally at this game, or does that sound about right?

The fact that I spent forever on the 2nd Alfheim with nothing but fails, and I'm watching videos of people turning into freakin' jaguars in Alfheim 2, leads me to believe I'm playing this game totally wrong. :D

Im getting enzo stone statues left and right, so its not just you.

Those vids are of people who have probably beaten the game twice already.

eshwaaz

I'm typically put off by games with art direction and aesthetics like Bayonetta, but I'm having a great time so far (Chapter 5). The combat is really amazing; the variety of animations is truly impressive.

I just wish I were better - I've never been particularly skilled at the Devil May Cry (and similar) games, and Bayonetta is no different. I'm just good enough to progress, but no matter how much I try to concentrate and use strategy, the intensity usually gets to me and I end up mashing. I've tried practicing the dodge offset, but I'm just too twitchy to do it when under pressure. It's endlessly frustrating, since it seems like mastering it would make the battles even more satisfying.

123rl

Ok, another question about Chapter Six.

I saved the girl and and I got to the next section. The enemies seem immune to all of my attacks and the girl then dies. How do I get through this section?

123rl said:

I saved the girl and and I got to the next section. The enemies seem immune to all of my attacks and the girl then dies. How do I get through this section?

Use objects like the street light, and throw cars and dumpsters.

XenoRaven

123rl said:

Like Fimbulvetr said. You're basically in a different plane of reality than your enemies. You can't interact with them, but you can interact with the objects in your environment. So you can use those to hit them.

HUELEN10

Hooray, I got my copy of Bayonetta swapped today. This one installs just fine...

I wonder if it was a random happening, or a bad batch.

gwiz210

So what's up with me hearing the PS3 version isn't as good as the 360 one? Could someone explain cause I'd like to purchase it for my ps3.

Top Bottom