• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

LiK

dreamer3kx said:
Do the ps3 problems with the game outweigh the controller preferences, Id much rather play with the dualshock.

check reviews online, the PS3 issues are mentioned. if you have both systems, just get the 360 version. i don't think the loading and framerate issues are worth it even if you prefer the dualshock

I'd like to add that the consensus with multiplatform owners in this thread is that the game really is designed for the 360 controller. You'll be using the triggers constantly and R1/RB and L1/LB very rarely. Basically the opposite of DMC.

conman

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do a Dodge Offset. I'm on Chapter 14
(fighting Jeane on the skyscrapers)
and still haven't figured it out! Any tips?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Peff said:
Yes, it is possible, but pretty hard (which is why the following attack is so easy to dodge, I assume). You have to jump with good timing as the vortex is faster than you and jump again when it comes back. Later on she will throw more vortexes at once.

Also, if you dodge two of the punches (just by running to a side) she will go back to Bayonetta alone. In fact I didn't know you could do Bat Within when you are Cereza :lol

It's very easy to avoid the vortexes. Transform into the panther and then jump TOWARDS the vortexes.

conman said:
I can't for the life of me figure out how to do a Dodge Offset. I'm on Chapter 14

Just practice doing YYY(hold the button down)dodge,let go and re tap Y

conman said:

You have to hold down the button you just pushed in the combo while dodging. As you come out of the doge you can release it and continue your combo.

roman2003h said:
I played the demo and actually thought that it was better than xbox one because of controller, but ended up buying and playing xbox game because of the reviews. The demo on PS3 is actually really good.

The biggest problem with the game is cutscenes!!! I just can't skip cutscenes in a videogame and it became a huge problem in bayonetta. The story is crap and the cutscenes are way too long :( I wish there was a fast forward (not skip) button or something. The action is great though, but playing it with xbox controller is like playing FPS on dualshock...

Listen, the PS3 version has a framerate that is MORE than adequate. Like I said, during the first minute or so of the clocktower is the only time I've noticed minor slowdown. The only sluggish framerates are during cutscenes.

Listen, MS has paid off alot of people, including IGN, Eurogamer, etc. Digital Foundary even releassed a fake video of the PS3 version where it appears blurry. The gameplay sequences are NOT blurry in this game.

The load times are annoying, that's about it. No doubt, get the 360 version if you have both systems, but stop listening to these little shits on these gaming sites who have had their palms greased by MS.

palpabl_purpura said:
Listen, the PS3 version has a framerate that is MORE than adequate. Like I said, during the first minute or so of the clocktower is the only time I've noticed minor slowdown. The only sluggish framerates are during cutscenes.

Listen, MS has paid off alot of people, including IGN, Eurogamer, etc. Digital Foundary even releassed a fake video of the PS3 version where it appears blurry. The gameplay sequences are NOT blurry in this game.

The load times are annoying, that's about it. No doubt, get the 360 version if you have both systems, but stop listening to these little shits on these gaming sites who have had their palms greased by MS.
You are a lying liar. Get the fuck out.

burgerdog

palpabl_purpura said:

:lol :lol That's too much.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ps3 version kicks ass and a few in here are being bitchy little drama queens about it, but even I'm not getting behind that post.... :O

Threi

notag
palpabl_purpura said:

I also heard MS secretly put in a chip in the PS3 while it was being developed that allows them to control the clockspeed, so that they can make select multiplayer games run slower to get people to buy their platform instead.

Pretty smart if you ask me, but i can see why some people would be pissed off.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what weapon/strategy do people find is most effective against the Joy?

epmode

palpabl_purpura said:

Listen, MS has paid off alot of people, including IGN, Eurogamer, etc. Digital Foundary even releassed a fake video of the PS3 version where it appears blurry.
Listen, this sort of thing happens ALL THE TIME. Keep fighting the good fight, palpabl_purpura!

conman

ConcealedBlaze said:
You have to hold down the button you just pushed in the combo while dodging. As you come out of the doge you can release it and continue your combo.
Excellent. That was the trick I was hoping for. Knew there had to be something I was missing!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rez said:
what weapon/strategy do people find is most effective against the Joy?
I use the whips on them, but only because I find it hilarious.

Blueblur1

palpabl_purpura said:

:lol I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the future.

Just beat Chapters IV and V tonight, I can honestly say that this game hands me my ass over and over again, but I never get really angry or annoyed by that. If anything, it just makes me realize I need to change my strategy up for who ever I'm fighting against.

Ultimo hombre said:
lol at other action games. Weird to think a Jan release will fight for the GOTY eh?
It will be forgotten by the press by then. It should have released in December, the month I bought it from an American retailer.

Honesty time, I still am not sure if I like this more than DMC (By DMC I mean 1,3 and 4). I am not saying it worse, I have yet to enjoy the combat as much as I do in DMC. The complexity is there, the enemies are there, I think I still need it to all click. Also part of it is that the new weapons haven't really been that different, most of them use the exact same move list as the first weapons you had in the game. There is nothing (yet, chapter 9 for me) like the guitar in DMC3, or the rose thing in DMC4, those games had weapons that felt totally different. So far I prefer the bosses in DMC4, the bosses have been easier to me than some of the regular battles which should not be the case.

I am not saying this game is worse, just different and I am not ready to have Bayonetta surpass the DMC series as my favorite action game. That said I have a long way to go so it should be interesting to see how I feel after I master the game.

DY_nasty said:
Then why does witch time just randomly not work against some enemies? I could use it against the cherubim, but in the very next room, those yellow things with the armor and the claws wouldn't let me use witch time despite getting the slow-dodge effect.

diditz

Neo Member
ShockingAlberto said:
Wait

Do you need magic for witch time

yes if youre using manual witch time.

ShockingAlberto said:
Then why does witch time just randomly not work against some enemies? I could use it against the cherubim, but in the very next room, those yellow things with the armor and the claws wouldn't let me use witch time despite getting the slow-dodge effect.

they cant be witch time'd.

Volcynika

ShockingAlberto said:

Those are immune or something to witch time. Can't use it on them.

ShockingAlberto said:
My guess is that witch time just doesn't trigger against them. Like there are specific fights in the game when you cant use witch time.

ShockingAlberto said:

That is a good question cause it has happened to me too. I just assume some enemy attacks dont allow you to go into witch time.

DY_nasty

ShockingAlberto said:
Some enemies simply won't let you use witch time. The further you are into the game, the more these guys will pop up.

and in hard, the window for triggering witch time gets slim as fuck

Well, it's good to know it's not my fault.

But goddamn those guys are difficult without witch time. Every time I feel like I get my head above water with this game, it gets even tougher.

Volcynika

ShockingAlberto said:
Well, it's good to know it's not my fault.

But goddamn those guys are difficult without witch time. Every time I feel like I get my head above water with this game, it gets even tougher.

Get the Harvest Rosary or whatever it's called (accessory that causes a burst of damage instead of witch time on dodges). SO useful against them.

MiamiWesker said:
There is nothing (yet, chapter 9 for me) like the guitar in DMC3, or the rose thing in DMC4, those games had weapons that felt totally different.
Well, there are
weapons total so I wouldn't give up on them just yet.

ultim8p00 said:
Gracious and Glorious don't let you use witch time. And they are fucking assholes too.
Really Grace and Glory are pretty fucking annoying as well during the first fight when you can't use witch time.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This game is fucking amazing. It is just insanity all over the screen. The very definition of overkill.
in a good way

DY_nasty

Lostconfused said:
Really Grace and Glory are pretty fucking annoying as well during the first fight when you can't use witch time.
I can only fight them with swords, anything else and they just rip through and beat my ass...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you just need to play conservatively, unless you have super-good grasp on the dodge offset premises. don't go in for massive wicked weave combos, and always keep your eyes on the enemies rather than yourself. get a few punches in, dodge, etc

try and learn the enemies attack animation prompts, because they are there, and they're all dodgable. just remember to take your time, and you'll be fine. often times the game expects you to take longer on Gracious/Glorious than what you'd expect by their looks alone. but yeah, the best advice is, once again, to remember that you have time. be patient.

Giolon

Is there any way to invert the controls during the Angel Attack mini-game after levels? I've looked in the control options to no avail (found the motorcycle, cannon, etc. controls). Changing First Person Camera inversion doesn't do anything for the mini-game. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Giolon said:
Is there any way to invert the controls during the Angel Attack mini-game after levels? I've looked in the control options to no avail (found the motorcycle, cannon, etc. controls). Changing First Person Camera inversion doesn't do anything for the mini-game. :(
hmm, mine definitely isn't inverted. I'd assume it's the first-person look inversion option in the camera menu (right under camera inversion).

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
MiamiWesker said:
Honesty time, I still am not sure if I like this more than DMC (By DMC I mean 1,3 and 4). I am not saying it worse, I have yet to enjoy the combat as much as I do in DMC. The complexity is there, the enemies are there, I think I still need it to all click. Also part of it is that the new weapons haven't really been that different, most of them use the exact same move list as the first weapons you had in the game. There is nothing (yet, chapter 9 for me) like the guitar in DMC3, or the rose thing in DMC4, those games had weapons that felt totally different. So far I prefer the bosses in DMC4, the bosses have been easier to me than some of the regular battles which should not be the case.

I am not saying this game is worse, just different and I am not ready to have Bayonetta surpass the DMC series as my favorite action game. That said I have a long way to go so it should be interesting to see how I feel after I master the game.

Which weapons did you unlock?
Durga, Odette and Lt. Colonel Kilgore, plays nothing like Shuraba or Scarborough Fair.
You'll enjoy these.

Anyway, I disagree completely about the bosses. DMC4 had awful bosses and fighting them over and over and over and over, killed the little fun they had. In fact, I don't like DMC4 at all, so keep that in mind. :lol

Top Bottom