• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
hey guys don't expect a sequel for bayonetta some time. last night in my dream kamiya-san told me that platinum game & sega has secretly inked a deal for 5 more games. apparently sega is gonna let kamiya & his team to re-invent old sega ips like space harrier, golden axe, shinobi, streets of rage and after burner!!!! well...yeah then i woke up.

LiK said:
Mash as fast as you can.

Btw, the Torture for Joy is just so dirty, I love it :)
My controller must be on the way out because sometimes my mashes don't always fill up the megaton meter.

I just checked out the Joy torture on YouTube because my magic bar was empty during that fight. That thing is crazy!

V_Arnold

Okay, my mind was blown away by the look of this game.
Some rooms are just out of this world.

Then, a REAL TIME ENVIROMENT CHANGE appeared, and the thing which needs to be hard is pretty hard now. Oh my god.

Curufinwe

NonexistentK said:
hey guys don't expect a sequel for bayonetta some time. last night in my dream kamiya-san told me that platinum game & sega has secretly inked a deal for 5 more games. apparently sega is gonna let kamiya & his team to re-invent old sega ips like space harrier, golden axe, shinobi, streets of rage and after burner!!!! well...yeah then i woke up.

The guy from Sega on the last 4 Guys 1up podcast said "No comment" when asked if a new Shinobi game was being made using the Bayonetta engine.

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Chapter 14 is about as epic and spectacular an action level as I have ever seen in my life!!!!!

Alx

As much as I love Bayonetta (and I do, I haven't enjoyed a beat'em all like this, ever), I'm not sure I'd wish a sequel. Keeping it a one-shot should protect the magic of the style, the design etc.
But I'm all for more IPs from Platinum, as crazy, polished, balanced etc. than Bayonetta. From now on, I'll keep a close look on their games.

Curufinwe said:
The guy from Sega on the last 4 Guys 1up podcast said "No comment" when asked if a new Shinobi game was being made using the Bayonetta engine.
you see i knew i wasn't just a sad old crazy sega fan, i really am a prophet ;) also i found this
kamiya interview with play.tm said:
Of course we'd love for Bayonetta to be a successful franchise with lots of sequels and potentially if we will have the opportunity you could potentially see Bayonetta on handheld consoles. Our focus just now is making sure that this game is the best it can possibly be. We're confident we will succeed and that this won't be the last you see of Bayonetta....
:D
link

TheFreshPrince

I'm about 3 hrs in and LOVING it....but 4 quick questions:

1. How do you improve your Angel Attack score? I can only seem to get in the 40's-50's. Can you get more bullets, or do better enemies show up after awhile? Also, are the items cheaper to buy in Angel Attack, or do you always convert to halos?

2. Against the boss
Fortitude
, it seemed like I was executing Wicked Weaves every attack...was that just because of the boss battle? Was Bayonetta 'powered up' or something?

3. What determines entire chapter ranking? I keep getting Gold/Platinum on the Verses, and then end the chapter with a Stone. What's going on?

4. Are the Torture Attacks random?

V_Arnold said:
Okay, my mind was blown away by the look of this game.
Some rooms are just out of this world.

Then, a REAL TIME ENVIROMENT CHANGE appeared, and the thing which needs to be hard is pretty hard now. Oh my god.
The thing which needs to be hard...nice.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
I want to see a sequel since I want more of Bayonetta and her crazy world. But Sega better not introduce shitty friends to the franchise.

MiamiWesker said:
OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Chapter 14 is about as epic and spectacular an action level as I have ever seen in my life!!!!!

Yeah, that was awesome.
Oh awesome is Jeanne? SO AWESOME. Best rival ever.
Chapter XV is insane too.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Was it just me or did the music used while fighting on top of the vehicles on Route 666 sound like something out of Outrun? That whole stage had an old school Sega vibe going on, in fact.

Volcynika

dark10x said:
Was it just me or did the music used while fighting on top of the vehicles on Route 666 sound like something out of Outrun? That whole stage had an old school Sega vibe going on, in fact.

It's not just you. It is Outrun!

LiK said:
Bayonetta is like his next DMC, I would gladly welcome an Okami spritual successor from Kamiya. :D

Love the 2nd reference to Okami when your in the loading screen as the panther and the dead flowers sprout up when your running along the floor

TheFreshPrince said:
I'm about 3 hrs in and LOVING it....but 4 quick questions:

1. How do you improve your Angel Attack score? I can only seem to get in the 40's-50's. Can you get more bullets, or do better enemies show up after awhile? Also, are the items cheaper to buy in Angel Attack, or do you always convert to halos?

2. Against the boss
Fortitude
, it seemed like I was executing Wicked Weaves every attack...was that just because of the boss battle? Was Bayonetta 'powered up' or something?

3. What determines entire chapter ranking? I keep getting Gold/Platinum on the Verses, and then end the chapter with a Stone. What's going on?

4. Are the Torture Attacks random?

1. get headshots on the angels and kill 2 in a row for a double kill bonus. also there will be a little guy that flies by (accompanied with his own sound), you can kill him for 10 points. there are bullets in each stage you can collect that give you more shots.

2. for some bosses all of your attacks will be wicked weaves (or whatever other weapons use in place of the weaves).

3. if you die you'll get a skull icon on your chapter summary; just one of these will drastically lower your overall rating. die two or more times and you'll probably wind up with a stone award. using an item gives you half a skull icon i believe.

4. not entirely. some enemies have specific tortures, and positioning also matters (ie. if you torture an enemy while in the air).

People mentioning all these later chapters are blowing my mind. I just got done with Chapter 4 and that was already the kind of End Boss shit I'd be expecting so... HOLY SHIT :lol

"I always wanted to be a bald space marine.."
:lol :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd personally like to see Kamiya work on a new IP. This game has flaws, but they're the sort that don't detract from the game when I replay it. This game isn't perfect, but I'm fairly sure it's going to end up being one of my favourite games of the generation, and might even make my all time fav game list if I still feel the same way in a few months. I don't really need a sequel right away, I'd like to see what Kamiya and TLA (it's so fucking diva-ish that the superstar designers at Platinum have their own studio with its own identity from within PG itself, I love it) can do now with a whole new concept. Bayonetta, as a game, is hard to imagine getting much more fun or enjoyable for me. The disc I have right now is a complete, well-realised package without any particularly fatal flaws I'd like to see ironed out in a sequel.

LiK said:
Anyone else glad that the items dont go up in price when you buy them like with the DMC series? I go for the heart pieces every chance I get :)
this is one of the little things that I love. I always HATED this in DMC. One of the stupidest, most counter-intuitive, yet oh so tiny yet oh so significant, design decisions of all time.

ShockingAlberto said:
I've been really enjoying this game, but a final boss having a one-kit kill attack is really fucking dickish.
It's really easy to dodge. Just mash the dodge button and point the stick in the opposite direction. You'll get sucked up right next to it, and you'll rapidly change back and forth from panther form, but you won't die. He rarely uses it toward the end of the fight, anyway.

jvalioli

OMG After like 6 stone statue awards in a row I get a platinum statue on chapter XIII. Got hit one time.:D I'm so proud of myself cause I suck at these kinds of games.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm loving this game but after playing it alot in the first 24 hours of release my right arm and wrist are really sore. Something about pushing RT so often and mashing buttons for torture attacks has messed up my shit, it's hard to play it right now. Lawsuit.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SecretBonusPoint said:
People mentioning all these later chapters are blowing my mind. I just got done with Chapter 4 and that was already the kind of End Boss shit I'd be expecting so... HOLY SHIT :lol

"I always wanted to be a bald space marine.."
:lol :lol
I thought the first few chapters felt way too Devil May Cry for my tastes, but the game definitely starts to change gears later on with some truly insane level designs and bosses. If you're impressed now, just wait! :D

Rez said:
It's really easy to dodge. Just mash the dodge button and point the stick in the opposite direction. You'll get sucked up right next to it, and you'll rapidly change back and forth from panther form, but you won't die. He rarely uses it toward the end of the fight, anyway.
I beat it, but occasionally I'd lose sense of direction or be in the middle of a punt when it would do the attack too close to me to run away.

Zeliard

You know what's really, really awesome in this game?

Those crazy switches in perspective during some of the platforming, and especially when you're able doing that sort of mind-bending Witch-Walking shit during the actual combat (like in the first boss fight against Jeanne, so awesome). It's a serious rush. Mario Galaxy ain't got nothin' on this game in that department.

I love this game so much.

XenoRaven

Snuggler said:
I'm loving this game but after playing it alot in the first 24 hours of release my right arm and wrist are really sore. Something about pushing RT so often and mashing buttons for torture attacks has messed up my shit, it's hard to play it right now. Lawsuit.
harvey_birdman.jpeg

"I'll take the case!"

Giolon

TheCardPlayer said:
I want to see a sequel since I want more of Bayonetta and her crazy world. But Sega better not introduce shitty friends to the franchise.

Yeah, that was awesome.
Oh awesome is Jeanne? SO AWESOME. Best rival ever.
Chapter XV is insane too.

I've been calling for a sequel w/
Jeane & Bayonetta co-op
for the last several pages. Nobody else seems to be with me though. Simply that one short battle during the credits sold me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have the confidence in PG to be able to pull-off a satisfactory net-code/online infrastructure to allow for co-op. They have, relatively, thin enough resources as it is, the last thing I want them spending money and time on in the next game is some form of interactive online functionality.

Kamiya doesn't really do sequels, and when other people work on his creations the results are usually not desireable. Even VJ2 which wasn't a bad game (like dmc2 was) wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the first. So I'd be completely fine with no sequel with Bayonetta.

Of course if it turns out like dmc3...I'd certainly take it. :D

ezekial45

Banned
Scythesurge said:
Kamiya doesn't really do sequels, and when other people work on his creations the results are usually not desireable. Even VJ2 which wasn't a bad game (like dmc2 was) wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the first. So I'd be completely fine with no sequel with Bayonetta.

Of course if it turns out like dmc3...I'd certainly take it. :D

I do recall reading about how he wanted to make DMC2. But they started work on it almost immediately after the first game came out (Altering another game in development and just putting Dante in it). Hell, he wanted to make another Okami game, but now that capcom is already making one (and that he's no longer associated with Capcom), he's lost interest.

twenty1

Banned
I wonder if Epic Games is taking notes on intense action from this for GEARS 3.........I have faith in Cliff though

him and Kamiya are bringing it....as well as a few others.

wow, 25h so far... I'm on chapter 5 (hard mode). This is my GOTY 2010 :D

read this on gamefaqs:

Classic Sega Music *new*
Normally, Chapter 8 Verse 3 and Chapter 14 play remixes of BGM from Afterburner and Space Harrier
. To hear the original tracks, hold down both LB and LT (X360) or L1 and L2 (PS3) as the proceeding cutscene ends.

XenoRaven

twenty1 said:
I wonder if Epic Games is taking notes on intense action from this for GEARS 3.........I have faith in Cliff though

him and Kamiya are bringing it....as well as a few others.
What do Bayonetta and Gears have in common other than killing enemies with a chainsaw?

jvalioli said:
OMG After like 6 stone statue awards in a row I get a platinum statue on chapter XIII. Got hit one time.:D I'm so proud of myself cause I suck at these kinds of games.
IS that on hard? I tend to suck at these games but I can dodge like a ninja im only up to chapter 3 but ive got 1 silver and one bronze, I did get like 4 Perfect Platinum's whatever they are :lol

Also noticed on chapter one I had missed 2 whole Coins (like gold/platinum) not sure how that works but oh well, this game is just mental

XenoRaven

Johnlenham said:
IS that on hard? I tend to suck at these games but I can dodge like a ninja im only up to chapter 3 but ive got 1 silver and one bronze, I did get like 4 Perfect Platinum's whatever they are :lol

Also noticed on chapter one I had missed 2 whole Coins (like gold/platinum) not sure how that works but oh well, this game is just mental
There are certain parts where if you find a secret place or backtrack a little you will have another fight. Like in Chapter 1 after you fight the big angel dude, you can take his axe and then head back to where the elevator is and you'll have another fight.

burgerdog

This game has insane replay value. Right now I'm deciding whether to focus on hard mode or start a new game as
Jeanne

jvalioli

Johnlenham said:

I'm playing on normal. I was doing really well until Chapter 6 or so when I started dying a little bit or having to use some healing items. Talking about Chapter scores since that is the only thing that counts deaths/items.

Giolon

burgerdog said:
This game has insane replay value. Right now I'm deciding whether to focus on hard mode or start a new game as
Jeanne

Geez has everyone fully platinumed the game on Normal already? Guess, I suck.

Zeliard

jvalioli said:
I'm playing on normal. I was doing really well until Chapter 6 or so when I started dying a little bit or having to use some healing items. Talking about Chapter scores since that is the only thing that counts deaths/items.

Yeah, the game doesn't really start in terms of combat difficulty till the introduction of Grace & Glory. Though I guess some might say it doesn't really start till you play on Hard. ;)

Giolon

burgerdog said:
Nah, just saved 1 million halos!

So saving 1 million Halos unlocks
Jeanne
also?

Edit: Nvm, I see it's a cheat code. I may get desperate for this after I keep getting gold on Chapter 2...god help me when I get to the later chapters.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Somebody has to have a .gif of Bayonetta when she does that kiss thing that breaks the gate of an area, right?
plz

burgerdog

Giolon said:
Jeanne
also?

Edit: Nvm, I see it's a cheat code. I may get desperate for this after I keep getting gold on Chapter 2...god help me when I get to the later chapters.

If that all platinum method doesn't work out for you, just play some hard mode to get easy money.

Peff

Giolon said:
Jeanne
also?

Yeah, I think that it is one of the cheapest cheat codes because not everybody can do it, so no sweat if you end up using it, it's worth it :D

Finally found that last Alfheim challenge in chapter 9, now I'm just missing a few chapters in Infinite Climax and I'll get the 1000/1000 (but I'll keep playing to unlock some other stuff). What an amazing game.

Zeliard said:
Yeah, the game doesn't really start in terms of combat difficulty till the introduction of Grace & Glory. Though I guess some might say it doesn't really start till you play on Hard. ;)

Gracious + Glorious can burn in hell.

Top Bottom