• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is there a list of the voice cast anywhere? I'm curious about the actress behind Bayonetta and a few of the characters sound familiar, but I can't find anything about them.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Scarborough Fair (regular pink guns) on hands + Lt Kilgore on legs (rocket launchers) = godly combo

I kick so much ass with them. It's my new favourite weapon combo.

Guts Of Thor said:
I'm on Chapter 13 and was wondering how much further do I have to go?
you're about three quarters of the way through the game

Is Infinite Climax Mode the same as Hard, just without Witch Time, or are there other differences? If I played through a lot of Hard with the rosary accessory will the experience be pretty similar?

Peff

a Master Ninja said:
Is Infinite Climax Mode the same as Hard, just without Witch Time, or are there other differences? If I played through a lot of Hard with the rosary accessory will the experience be pretty similar?

Yes, it will be, but the enemies hit harder. All in all, it's pretty manageable, especially with the aid of items. I'd say the most difficult parts are the Jeanne fights. The Lost Chapter, on the other hand, is mindblowingly hard :lol

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Okay, just beat it. Clocked in at just over thirteen hours. Would have been shorter but I have down's and couldn't figure out
how to keep from being one-shot by that hole during the last boss fight.
Fairly obvious how to go about it, but whatevs.

This is my new favorite game ever. Seriously. This is everything I was hoping for, times a thousand.

burgerdog

Red Blaster said:
Gracious + Glorious can burn in hell.

Amen. First time I encountered them I died about eight times. Then I did a speed run and destroyed them, that felt good. Odd thing is, I wasn't doing anything special the second time around and was able to get through them easily.

Picked up this game yesterday for the 360, really glad I didn't get the PS3 version if it's anything like the PS3 demo, and I have got to say, even after all the amazing things Uncharted 2 was when I played it, Bayonetta is just brilliant. While the PS3 demo didn't really impress me that much the Xbox360 version of the final game has blown me away.

To express how I truly feel about this game, go back to the last generation of gaming and remember that feeling you got when playing something like Devil May Cry on the PS2 for the first time and that's how I feel when I play Bayonetta.

In my jaded, last generation, PS2 spoiled, opinion, Bayonetta is the first game this entire generation from both console and pc that has truly justified the existence of this generation. And while the game isn't technically astounding like UC2 or Crisys, at present to my eyes, she is still the hottest looking girl on the planet.

I'm not even a big fan of the 360 but, if you don't own one do yourself a favor as a gamer and pick one up along with a copy of Bayonetta. The only thing you might regret later is finding out that nothing else on the system compares to it but, it's still worth it.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Is there a list of gaming references? I've seen 'bald space marine', the RE4 merchant quote, a Madworld reference and a Fantasy Zone one. Granted, I've skipped 99% of the cutscenes so I'm sure I missed many more.

Fox

Banned
Archie said:
Is there a list of gaming references? I've seen 'bald space marine', the RE4 merchant quote, a Madworld reference and a Fantasy Zone one. Granted, I've skipped 99% of the cutscenes so I'm sure I missed many more.

we have outrun music in angel attack and in route 666 chapter
afterburner music in the same stage, when you use the motorcycle
the rings pretty similar to the sonic rings
in the prologue they talk about "eggman"
when bayonetta surf on a enemy chased by lava in chapter 3, says "dancing a go-go baby"
in the cemetery there is a tomb with the words "RED HOT JOE" and some other words that i can't read

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I bought the PS3 version today (traded in Saint's Row 2 and Skate 1 and got it for free at gamestop) and golf ham is there a lot of loading! D:

Is there a way to install it to the hdd or do I have to just make due? :(

Archie said:
Viewtiful Joe was referenced on a tomb stone in the opening part. Also - isn't Enzo what Kamiya used to refer to DMC2 Dante as in VJ (PS2)?

Risette

A Good Citizen
In Chapter 5 when Luka thinks that Bayonetta is going to
kill him
he starts saying the names of some girls. I'm pretty sure he mentions "Trish and Claire" :lol

Fox said:
when bayonetta surf on a enemy chased by lava in chapter 3, says "dancing a go-go baby"
in the cemetery there is a tomb with the words "RED HOT JOE" and some other words that i can't read

Cat form makes okami flowers with skulls on them.

LiK

Fyrus said:
kill him
he starts saying the names of some girls. I'm pretty sure he mentions "Trish and Claire" :lol

don't forget Silvia from Viewtiful Joe and Ammy from Okami. Kamiya has a lot of love for the characters in his games :)

traveler

Not Wario
Fox said:

Luca rattles off a list of ladyfriends at some point that all sound familiar. I think it was Claire, Silvia, Ammy and someone else.

Edit: Beaten, I see.

JEKKI

God's Beard said:
Anybody have any impressions of the highest difficulty yet?
according to someone on SRK who has been playing since the import,

he basically says infinite climax makes the player forget everything they knew about playing the game and completely change your style up.

ShockingAlberto said:
wow

The Jeanne fights get a huge difficulty boost in hard.
I thought those were the best fights on hard, the only problem I have is that you have to hit 500 on the button mashing, my fingers hurt after awhile.

Snuggler said:
Is there a list of the voice cast anywhere? I'm curious about the actress behind Bayonetta and a few of the characters sound familiar, but I can't find anything about them.

Luka sounds like Yuri Lowenthal to me, but I might just be hearing things.

Anyway, I'm on vacation in Florida now and all I've been thinking about is this game. When the lack of a game takes away enjoyment from a friggin vacation, you know it's a great game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fyrus said:
kill him

All the girls he mentioned were in games he made, IIRC.

Holy shit late, I didn't realize I had this tab open so long.

Minamu

lol chapter VI kicked my ass :lol Just couldn't find a good way of beating those 2x Gracious & Glorious inside the narrow corridor :(

Giolon

Fyrus said:
kill him

Claire, Trish, Silvia, and Ammy are the names.

Claire Redfield - RE2
Trish...does she even have a last name? - DMC
Silvia - Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu - Okami

All Kamiya games. :D

VegaShinra

Giolon said:
Claire, Trish, Silvia, and Ammy are the names.

Claire Redfield - RE2
Trish...does she even have a last name? - DMC
Silvia - Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu - Okami

All Kamiya games. :D
She also makes reference to Viewtful Joe during the game while surfing the lava.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Augemitbutter said:
nice, which one is it? been a while since i've played GH.
I'm guessing it is the
ball that morphs to attack Bayonetta
, but it has been forever since I played GH.

Giolon

VegaShinra said:
She also makes reference to Viewtful Joe during the game while surfing the lava.

Not only that, the Afterburner move is described as a Red Hot Kick in the store text. There's just tons of references all over the place.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Well now I know where those other 2 names came from :)

I think that once I finish Bayonetta, I'm going to go get the Kamiya games I haven't played (meaning everything besides DMC and RE2 :lol) Dude makes some really awesome games and I'm sure the ones I missed out on are no exception.

TreIII

andymcc said:
which chapter is the easiest to get lots of halos?

What Iconoclast says definitely works.

However....for those of us in the know! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpBWVXHsB0&feature=related

Basically, to do this, you need the Bangle of Time, which you can get after you finish the game in 3 hours or less on Normal or Above.

After that, you also need to take advantage of a VERY BROKEN combo you can do, involving the Rocket Tonfas on your legs.

Here's how it works....

Have Durga attached to your legs on one Moveset. Have the Tonfas attached to your legs on another.
Have anything that will allow you to do the PPPPK Multikick ender.

Now, the trick is, immediately after you initiate the combo with Durga, SWITCH to Tonfas on the other, and you'll shoot out a HELL of a lot of Rockets.

This "glitch", combined with the trick you see above, will give you PLENTY of Halos. More than you know what to do with!:lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
cosmicblizzard said:

He kind of remembed me of the guy that plays Akiba on MGS4, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, this game is so good. I was having some severe soreness after playing it extensively over the last couple days, but it seems this is the result of using my middle finger to hit the trigger for dodge. I'm used to using index for the front shoulder button and the middle for the back one, but that was overextending it and I'm hurting now so I gotta try to change it up, it's hard though.

cosmicblizzard said:

Anyway, I'm on vacation in Florida now and all I've been thinking about is this game. When the lack of a game takes away enjoyment from a friggin vacation, you know it's a great game.

It's definitely Yuri.

:lol @ vacation woes.

hitmon

So I picked up the PS3 version, and I haven't really noticed the problems some of the reviews have been nagging about. I've only played up to Chapter 3 so far.

Load times don't seem that long, but I can practice combos during that time. Maybe that is why it doesn't bother me. Overall I'm having a blast, but I do die a lot on normal.

sonicmj1

Hard mode is certainly not easy. Some enemy encounters (particularly those flying snake guys) get much more difficult when the enemies get more aggressive.

But Angel Slayer is really scary. After you clear the first verse, the amount of aggressiveness and damage makes it really difficult to survive without taking a few hits, something that you can't really afford. Not sure when I'm going to go back and try to clear it.

I feel like I can't possibly spend enough time with this game.

matmanx1

I admit it. I suck at playing Bayonetta right now. Maybe it's because I've been playing Dragon Age for 2 days solid and then switched to Bayonetta tonight but I am getting my rear handed to me and I just completed chapter 2! I got the coveted Stone award for that one, lol.

Anyway, once I finish Dragon Age, Bayonetta is going to be getting my undivided attention and I'll hopefully improve at the game. It's so much fun and such a "gamers" game that it deserves all the attention and praise that it gets.

Top Bottom