• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I think full stage gold statues will be the absolute best I can do. I don't have the patience to do Alfheims beyond the first time and I know I'm gonna get hit so that is fine by me.

I'd still love some challenge room DLC.

Alx

Finished the game on normal. Loved it.
Did anyone notice in the gallery, the "Braves" angels models position ? I thought it was hilarious. :D

~Kinggi~ said:
fuck this fucking game. Got to the end of a damn chapter and cause i kept fucking dying thanks to the retarded difficulty i didnt feel like continuing. Fucking game overwrote all my chapter progress and now i gotta start at the beginning of the level. When shit like this happens i lose interest the game altogether. Lets see how i feel tommorow.
I'm not sure how what you're talking about happens

Loam

Just beat the game on normal, wow what a ride. Currently doing a quick run through on easy for the
Eternal Marionette
to play as
Jeanne
seeing as earning all platinum is never going to be possible for me.

By the way do you need to meet some specific requirements to get record pieces? Beat the game and only acquired the whip and katana. Are they hidden somewhere or something?

Also where the hell is the last journal entry? All the others where placed pretty much directly in your path.

Giolon

Wren said:
Just beat the game on normal, wow what a ride. Currently doing a quick run through on easy for the
Eternal Marionette
to play as
Jeanne
seeing as earning all platinum is never going to be possible for me.

I think it's been confirmed that getting the
Eternal Marionette
unlocking
Jeanne
was misinformation. The only way to unlock that is by getting platinum on all Chapters (note: not verses) or using the "cheat" code unlock for 1 million halos.

Loam

Giolon said:
I think it's been confirmed that getting the
Eternal Marionette
unlocking
Jeanne
was misinformation. The only way to unlock that is by getting platinum on all Chapters (note: not verses) or using the "cheat" code unlock for 1 million halos.

Oh Jesus. Looks like I'll be grinding Halos then. :\

LiK

anyone thought it was weird that Bayonetta said
"Jesus!"
when she was shocked in one cutscene? it managed to take the his name in vain in an alternate world :p

TreIII

God's Beard said:
free witch time accessory + aggro accessory + electric claws on hands + spam Y on level VII. 800k every time.

Even better.

Go check out that YT vid I posted last night. Spamming that against Fortitudo will give you 9 MILLION HALOS, if you do it right.

So I beat the game on normal. This is by far the best game I've played in a long time. Likely the action game of the generation by a good margin and so far, the best new IP of this generation.

After I beat it on Normal, I tried hard mode. I can't even get past the prolouge! Please tell me it gets more manageable after the prolouge :( I don't get to carry over my weapons and items by starting up a hard difficulty?

How do I keep playing and stacking up my character?

SecretBonusPoint said:
Just started Hard mode. It isn't going well since I aint even past the Prologue :lol WTF!

I accidentally fought
Balder
on hard mode and got a platinum even though I only got gold from him in normal. :lol

Best game I've played in a bloody long time. Will be going back to it to get all the unlockables and achievements. So awesome. So very very awesome. The post credit video is amazing.

Finished the game on Normal this afternoon. Good stuff. My only complaints are in the visual department, mainly in respect to the tearing and framerate issues (especially the last few chapters or just when there's a lot of shit going on). This is definitely the echelon of action games. Now to finish all the Alfheims and tackle Hard (managed to squeeze by the prologue, so indeed, Hard is Hard).

twenty1

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
fuck this fucking game. Got to the end of a damn chapter and cause i kept fucking dying thanks to the retarded difficulty i didnt feel like continuing. Fucking game overwrote all my chapter progress and now i gotta start at the beginning of the level. When shit like this happens i lose interest the game altogether. Lets see how i feel tommorow.

The type of person who shouldn't be gaming

lol......just sharpen your skills

RSB

Banned
Getting Platinum in all Chapters is quite easy, actually (on Normal, at least) if you know how exploit the checkpoint system. If a fight isn´t going too well (getting hit) you just have to go back to the Title Screen, and select Continue from the menu. That way you can keep trying till you perfect every fight of the chapter. With this method, you don´t even have to do the Alfheims. Altough I´d still recommend to do them, at least the very easy ones.

And is it me, or activating the Gaze of Despair makes the OoB Alfheims easier? I tried it once, and it looked like the enemies where more focused on killing me, rather than hitting the bubble. I need to test it again, to see if it really works...

This game is amazing, BTW. I´ve been playing it for 60 hours already and I just can´t stop. I already have all the achievements and unlockables (except Little Zero), but I still haven´t started my Jeanne run, and I only tried the Lost Chapter once (I got owned in Verse 2, LOL) The only thing I don´t really like about the game is that in order to play the best boss fight in the game, you first have to play 10 minutes of boredom (really, the first time is fun, but on subsequent replays it gets annoying)

DMC3 and NGB were the kings of the genre, but Bayonetta is now the undisputed Queen of Action Gaming (to me, at least)

Bye ;)

Just finished. Totally fucking awesome ending! :lol Story won me over which I wasn't expecting and while I found some parts a little frustrating (even on Normal) it was a fun, fun ride. Bayonetta is Sega's new mascot.

jvalioli

Ultimo hombre said:
So I beat the game on normal. This is by far the best game I've played in a long time. Likely the action game of the generation by a good margin and so far, the best new IP of this generation.

After I beat it on Normal, I tried hard mode. I can't even get past the prolouge! Please tell me it gets more manageable after the prolouge :( I don't get to carry over my weapons and items by starting up a hard difficulty?

How do I keep playing and stacking up my character?
You started a new game when you should be loading your old file.

Blueblur1

I've got a question guys. Is the Witch Heart's effect temporary? I ask because I just resumed playing and I could have sworn my life bar was longer earlier today.

Blueblur1 said:
I've got a question guys. Is the Witch Heart's effect temporary? I ask because I just resumed playing and I could have sworn my life bar was longer earlier today.

Witch Hearts are permanent.

Maybe you forgot to save?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised by how easy the boats are now. Once I realised I could jump on them, they were dead in seconds.

Oh, and the kimono actually looks really cool in game. I like that it gives you three colour options, as 'tacky' a feature it is. I really appreciate all these little extras in this game that a dev like Capcom would charge for as DLC. There's so much about this game that reminds me of the good things that are missing nowadays that used to be in AAA games last gen.

Blueblur1 said:
of you buy a gold moon (or whatever it's called) in the Witch Attack mini-game, it will raise your life/magic for one chapter only.

~Kinggi~

Banned
twenty1 said:
The type of person who shouldn't be gaming

lol......just sharpen your skills
I think im making it harder than it needs to be. I always try to get the extra stuff and in this game they give you penalties for using items and all of that, so i dont really stock up on green things all the time. Im getting stone awards already so i shouldnt care at this point for buying all the items i need.

DoctorWho said:
Just finished. Totally fucking awesome ending! :lol Story won me over which I wasn't expecting and while I found some parts a little frustrating (even on Normal) it was a fun, fun ride. Bayonetta is Sega's new mascot.

You understood the story!?

I was lost :lol

jabipun

So which do you think is Kamiya's best character (from the game HE directed/made)

DevilMayCry1.jpg

LeonPoster-(ResidentEvil2).jpg

6a00d83452033569e200e54f66f65a8833-800wi1.jpg

okami.jpg

2009062061129_640.jpg

jabipun

Dodge Offset (others have explained it - but I'll put it on this page too).

If you input the P-P-P-P portion of the combo and then dodge, it stands to reason that your combo would be stopped mid-stream, and you would have to start it all over again. To get to the Wicked Weave finisher, you would have to input the P-P-P... sequence once more. This is where Dodge Offset comes into play.

Dodge Offset is a technique that allows you to continue a combo after you have dodged an enemy attack. It is very simple to execute. When you execute your dodge, you continue to hold down the attack button (punch or kick) that you pressed immediately prior to the dodge. Here’s an example: If you are attacked while inputting the P-P-P-P string, hold down the P attack on the fourth press and then dodge while holding. After the dodge has been completed, pressing K will summon the Wicked Weaver finisher that ends the combo.

Zeliard

Rez said:
Oh, and the kimono actually looks really cool in game. I like that it gives you three colour options, as 'tacky' a feature it is. I really appreciate all these little extras in this game that a dev like Capcom would charge for as DLC. There's so much about this game that reminds me of the good things that are missing nowadays that used to be in AAA games last gen.

Unlocking costumes through gameplay is so much more rewarding, too, not only free. It's exactly how it should be. So many games either ignore or greatly trivialize unlockables through gameplay because they end up selling them later on (and frequently not very long after release). Hate the trend of a lot of the DLC this gen.

There's plenty of content already packed into Bayonetta and they aren't asking the players to pay for any relatively small stuff, since it's already included, so I'd gladly buy some DLC for this game. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the game is spectacular.

ARRRGH.

Any tips on the Chapter VII boss? He's simple as hell but I lose SO MUCH LIFE going up his arm. Any tips? I tried going Panther but the smoke still gets me, I tried jumping and dodging but the CARS AND SHIT get me.

HELPHELPHELPHELP

HELP!!!!!!!

~Kinggi~

Banned
jabipun said:
Dodge Offset (others have explained it - but I'll put it on this page too).

If you input the P-P-P-P portion of the combo and then dodge, it stands to reason that your combo would be stopped mid-stream, and you would have to start it all over again. To get to the Wicked Weave finisher, you would have to input the P-P-P... sequence once more. This is where Dodge Offset comes into play.

Dodge Offset is a technique that allows you to continue a combo after you have dodged an enemy attack. It is very simple to execute. When you execute your dodge, you continue to hold down the attack button (punch of kick) that you pressed immediately prior to the dodge. Here’s an example: If you are attacked while inputting the P-P-P-P string, hold down the P attack on the fourth press and then dodge while holding. After the dodge has been completed, pressing K will summon the Wicked Weaver finisher that ends the combo.
this is actually very helpful. I was wondering how to do that stuff.

BenjaminBirdie said:
ARRRGH.

Any tips on the Chapter VII boss? He's simple as hell but I lose SO MUCH LIFE going up his arm. Any tips? I tried going Panther but the smoke still gets me, I tried jumping and dodging but the smoke monsters get me.

HELPHELPHELPHELP

HELP!!!!!!!

I didnt have a problem there. You are able to run around the entire arm so try not running straight up it. Just dodge everything. I dont remember there being a specific tactic.

Zeliard said:
Unlocking costumes through gameplay is so much more rewarding, too, not only free. It's exactly how it should be. So many games either ignore or greatly trivialize unlockables through gameplay because they end up selling them later on (and frequently not very long after release). Hate the trend of a lot of the DLC this gen.

There's plenty of content already packed into Bayonetta and they aren't forcing the players to pay for any relatively small stuff, since it's already included, so I'd gladly buy some DLC for this game. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the game is spectacular.

I really think we should stop saying DLC.

Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island = DLC
108kb keys to unlock content on the disc = ROC

Saying that, it will be fun as heck unlocking stuff for this. The bonus extras you get is awesome. I love extras.

jabipun

BenjaminBirdie said:
ARRRGH.

Any tips on the Chapter VII boss? He's simple as hell but I lose SO MUCH LIFE going up his arm. Any tips? I tried going Panther but the smoke still gets me, I tried jumping and dodging but the CARS AND SHIT get me.

HELPHELPHELPHELP

HELP!!!!!!!

Dodge THROUGH them.

You're invincible during dodge. So - if you see something, literally - dodge the animation through it. not only will you not take damage, you'll get magic boost/witch time.

jabipun said:
Dodge THROUGH them.

You're invincible during dodge. So - if you see something, literally - dodge the animation through it. not only will you not take damage, you'll get magic boost/witch time.

So push forward and hit RT?

Oh man!!

"I FEEL LIKE A FUCKING CELEBRITY IN THIS TOWN (now)!!"

Zeliard

Dabookerman said:
I really think we should stop saying DLC.

Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island = DLC
108kb keys to unlock content on the disc = ROC

True, a lot of the time it isn't even content that you're actually downloading.

Dabookerman said:
Saying that, it will be fun as heck unlocking stuff for this. The bonus extras you get is awesome. I love extras.

Same. This game is awesomely old-school in a lot of ways. I love that about it. Loved that about Demon's Souls as well, though it's old-school in a different way.

twenty1

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
I think im making it harder than it needs to be. I always try to get the extra stuff and in this game they give you penalties for using items and all of that, so i dont really stock up on green things all the time. Im getting stone awards already so i shouldnt care at this point for buying all the items i need.

yea man just take your time and knock it out.......lets do it!!!

TreIII

TheCardPlayer said:
Bayonetta might be the coolest game character ever.

I would have to agree with this. Viewtiful Joe comes in a close second.

DMC1 Dante was cool, until he stooped to Megaman X4 Zero levels of cheese with "LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT". :lol

Bayonetta definitely has what it takes to be Sega's newest and coolest face. She and Kiryu Kazuma (RGG/Yakuza) are basically among the best things that have happened to Sega in many moons. :D

jabipun

Calcaneus said:
So how bad is the PS3 version? I'm getting conflicted stories about it, is there any word of a patch or anything like that?

If all you have is a PS3 - the PS3 version is fine.

You'll still experience what probably is the best action game this gen, regardless if it's on ps3 or 360

Cagen

How can anyone get over the terrible characters, awful writing and horribly directed scenes to say this game is "incredible" and "excellent"? Everytime there's a cut scene I regret buying the game, even if I skip them I don't escape it all. I enjoy the gameplay, it's great but it is wrapped up in such awful presentation that I don't know if I will make it all the way through. I haven't heard a single murmer about the game being anything but great so I didn't expect it to be this bad, are people just viewing it through rose tinted glasses because of who made it?

Cagen said:
How can anyone get over the terrible characters, awful writing and horribly directed scenes to say this game is "incredible" and "excellent"? Everytime there's a cut scene I regret buying the game, even if I skip them I don't escape it all. I enjoy the gameplay, it's great but it is wrapped up in such awful presentation that I don't know if I will make it all the way through. I haven't heard a single murmer about the game being anything but great so I didn't expect it to be this bad, are people just viewing it through rose tinted glasses because of who made it?
It's entirely possible, and tell me if I'm moving too fast for you, people enjoy things you don't.

Cagen said:

Part of the reason I love the game is due to the cutscenes being absolutely ridiculous. If you are looking for a serious presentation stick to DMC but I think the characters and the strange world they inhabit are part of the charm. Like I said earlier, I was surprised I even gave a damn about them by the end but I did. :D

ShockingAlberto said:
It's entirely possible, and tell me if I'm moving too fast for you, people enjoy things you don't.

Are you suggesting that people might play games for *gasp* actual gameplay?

*shock and awe*

Top Bottom