• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
God's Beard said:
How do I get that? I have to return the game today so i don't know if I have time to unlock it.
Once you have earned 10 million halos, the "Platinum Ticket" becomes available for 999,999 halos. Buying it will trigger the secret boss fight, and you will be raped.

a Master Ninja said:
Once you have earned 10 million halos, the "Platinum Ticket" becomes available for 999,999 halos. Buying it will trigger the secret boss fight, and you will be raped.

10 mil? I can do that today. Chapter 7, here I come!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I've played over 27 hours in 4 days and have probably watched less than 5 minutes of cutscenes. I gotta take the game back to the rental store tomorrow so I will probably wrap up infinite climax and work on getting gold trophies in the rest of the chapters.

a Master Ninja said:
Do you have to pay a million halos every time you want to fight the boss, or is it a one time thing?

Archie said:
Do you have to pay a million halos every time you want to fight the boss, or is it a one time thing?
If When you die, it asks if you want to continue. Select "Yes". You will not lose any money and you will return to the chapter menu. You will only be charged the 999,999 halos if you select "No" or you win the fight.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I don't really know how I feel about this game yet. I'm only about 4-5 chapters in and sure, the game is good but to me it plays like a more extravagant version of Devil May Cry. I'm not seeing the supposedly brilliant stuff yet, is what I'm saying.

Now, as far as the game goes I've actually died a lot in it and to me it seems like I hardly get any halos to buy new stuff with. Also, the QTEs in the cutscenes are bullshit.

Dave1988

Finished the game today. This is probably the best action game I've ever played. The combat system is so fluid and satysfying that it reminds me how much fun I had with DMC3's combat system. I also agree with the guys that said that the Route 666 and Space Harrier missions are way too long. I'm still pissed of how incompetent the bastards at SEGA are. The framerate is all over the place and you can get from 15-20 fps on some sections (Clock tower, transparent Beloved chase sequence and the last platforming section before you fight the second Golem) to somewhere around 60 fps (Alfheims, Lost Chapter). The PS3 version should have been held back a few months/ half a year to improve the framerate bacause it CAN run at 60 fps.

All in all, I absolutely love it but hate SEGA with a fiery passion for their fuckup.

Dave1988 said:
You need 1,000,000 Halos to buy the Platinum Ticket which will enable you to fight
Father Rodin

Most of his attacks will reape your healthbar and he has insta death attack too.

OH GOD DAMN BROKEN SPOILER TAG COME ON.

Also of note, I unlocked the whip and the skates. I love the skates, man.

I just finished Chapter IX. That was some crazy psychedelic shit. (I think it was IX. With all the flipped up areas and
both (BOTH!!) previous boss fights in one

Anyway, yeah, wow, I love this game so much.

charsace

This game has some screen tearing that only happens when you aren't in battle. The battles do have slow down though, but no tearing.

Just picked it up on the way home today :D
Loving it so far, up to Chapter 3. Died once due to a QTE which felt a little cheap but eh, a small mark against the off the wall fun insanity the game is.
As for someone who doesn't really player character action games (dipped my foot into Ninja Gaiden Black but didn't get very far) I'm really enjoying this and while not doing fantastically, I'm getting through it.

Jonsoncao

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
is there an easy way to farm halos?

TheFreshPrince

Any tips for Angel Attack? Just wait for the perfect moment? Is there any benefit to purchasing that stuff in Angel Attack, or does it matter if you buy everything from The Gates of Hell?

Also, what kind of statues are most of you getting after chapters? I do a decent job of picking up Platinums/Pure Platinums/Golds during the level, but always end up with a Stone cuz of deaths...

Giolon

TheFreshPrince said:
Any tips for Angel Attack? Just wait for the perfect moment? Is there any benefit to purchasing that stuff in Angel Attack, or does it matter if you buy everything from The Gates of Hell?

Purchasing items from Angel Attack lets you go over the inventory limits the store imposes, i.e. you can have more than 3 of each minor lolipop if you buy them from Angel Attack once you're at the limit, more than 1 major lolipop, more than 1 Hot Shot, etc.

Don

Just finished it today and it was amazing overall except for few little things such as the badly implemented QTE's and sometimes wonky camera. Some of the Jeanne fights are incredible. Probably my second favourite Kamiya game after Okami.

Where do you get the LP's for the Ice Skates? I only unlocked Onyx Roses, Shuraba, Kulshedra and Durga in my first playthrough.

Also what's the difference between the Alt weapons and the normal ones.

Korey

Jonsoncao said:
is there an easy way to farm halos?
The most popular way is the
Chapter VII boss, Temperantia (the one where you rip his arms off)

Accessories: Selene's Light, Gaze of Despair (if you don't have this yet you can buy it after one run, but the Selene's Light is priority)

Equip: Durga (lightning) on hands, anything on feet.

Strat: Spam Y on all three phases, trying as hard as possible to not let your combo multiplier break.

Don't dodge in phase 1. Your combo will eventually break as you fall off the platform but don't worry about it as you'll make most of your money in phase 3/4. Keep hitting the arm that was holding the platform as you're falling.

Things to note: Witch time doesn't break your combo. Panther mode also doesn't break your combo, so use it to dodge the blue projectiles while you're attacking the orbs in phases 2/3. After you kill an orb in phase 3, you're place in the middle of his body and if you're fast enough you can panther to the next orb without losing your multiplier. In phase 4 you'll have to dodge some things if your health is low.

Dying doesn't hurt you that much as far as I know. All that matters is you having a high combo score when you finish the chapter. With this strat you can make ~800-900k halos per run (5-7 min).

If you have the Bangle of Time (or whatever it's called), there's another way to farm halos that might be even better, you can find it on youtube.

a Master Ninja said:
This is incorrect as well. Just beat the game on Easy or Very Easy. That's the only way to get it. A cheat code can get the Eternal Testimony.
15qx2lc.png

The accessory basically turns the higher difficulties to "Automatic", and hurts your score on Hard and Infinite Climax.

What does this do?

If you equip this and beat the game on hard/climax, do you get the achievements?

Aske

Just started Hard mode. So, so awesome. Do the
Handguns
you get for beating Normal mode deal more damage, or are they just
inferior versions of Scarborough Fair
?

Blueblur1

BenjaminBirdie said:
Also of note, I unlocked the whip and the skates. I love the skates, man.

I just finished Chapter IX. That was some crazy psychedelic shit. (I think it was IX. With all the flipped up areas and
both (BOTH!!) previous boss fights in one

Anyway, yeah, wow, I love this game so much.
Wait, what? I beat the game and I never got whips or skates. How do I...?

man, got the game tuesday and have only played the first chapter, some shit went down with my family and have had 0 chance to play. hopefully i get some time to finally sit down with this. all the impressions are making me happy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The music is really excellent. It's like bizarre lounge music, but it's really good. The composing team is basically the Clover composing team-- seems like they all made the jump.

andymcc

Banned
Y2Kev said:
The music is really excellent. It's like bizarre lounge music, but it's really good. The composing team is basically the Clover composing team-- seems like they all made the jump.

also some people from T's Music, who did the turbo cd ys 1 + 2, gate of thunder, lords of thunder, the monkey ball games, etc.

I fucking love this game. It has all the quirkiness that I've come to love japanese games for and that we don't see very often anymore.

Blueblur1

Wren said:
Rez should put this in the O - h wait. :lol

RSB

Banned
thatbox said:
Is there any way to invert the Y-axis in Angel Attack or am I doomed to always do horribly?
Unfortunately not, but it's not a big deal, really. I always play inverted and I still manage to get great scores (205 is my record) But yeah, it sucks that you can't invert the Y-axis on that particular mini-game.

Bye ;)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
*29 hours later*

1pc8xe.png

Incredible game. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time. I am incredibly burnt out, though. I'm going to return it to the videostore and buy it either when I get a job or when it drops to $20 to get the rest of the achievements and work on plat trophies.

Korey said:
The most popular way is the
Chapter VII boss, Temperantia (the one where you rip his arms off)

Accessories: Selene's Light, Gaze of Despair (if you don't have this yet you can buy it after one run, but the Selene's Light is priority)

Equip: Durga (lightning) on hands, anything on feet.

Strat: Spam Y on all three phases, trying as hard as possible to not let your combo multiplier break.

Don't dodge in phase 1. Your combo will eventually break as you fall off the platform but don't worry about it as you'll make most of your money in phase 3/4. Keep hitting the arm that was holding the platform as you're falling.

Things to note: Witch time doesn't break your combo. Panther mode also doesn't break your combo, so use it to dodge the blue projectiles while you're attacking the orbs in phases 2/3. After you kill an orb in phase 3, you're place in the middle of his body and if you're fast enough you can panther to the next orb without losing your multiplier. In phase 4 you'll have to dodge some things if your health is low.

Dying doesn't hurt you that much as far as I know. All that matters is you having a high combo score when you finish the chapter. With this strat you can make ~800-900k halos per run (5-7 min).

If you have the Bangle of Time (or whatever it's called), there's another way to farm halos that might be even better, you can find it on youtube.

Jesus Christ I got over 1 million Halos on my second try. :lol

LaneDS

Archie said:
I should really watch the cutscenes, lol.

Yeah, minus the parts where they get overly wordy about the pretty stupid plot, the cutscenes are so full of ridiculously hilarious bits where I feel like skipping them is a real shame.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm on Chapter XI now, and I'm fucking sold on the game. Chapter 9 was a low point for me, but the rest of the game has been fucking brilliant.

The highway was FUCKING AMAZING.

Beezy said:
Another funny ass moment:

That big angel falling in love with Cereza was fucking hilarious.

The end of Chapter 10 is absolute hilarity too.

Is there any way of checking which Alfheim you haven't got? I'm pretty sure I've got the first 12 however I only just for the achievement for getting half of them. Am I going to need to go back to every point to find which one I missed? (I'm assuming I lost one due to it not saving then I quit the chapter)

Novid

Banned
Beezy said:
Another funny ass moment:

That big angel falling in love with Cereza was fucking hilarious.

You should know by now what game its from. The way that Cereza dresses is a major clue.

And another reason why you cant spell Kamiya without Kami.:lol

While I think they're cool, I'm not a big fan of the big angel bosses in this. I wish the bosses were more among the lines of Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry 1/3, or God Hand. I just don't find the big bosses challenging or particularly interesting. They're more among the lines of God of War. Set pieces.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Up to Chapter 12 on Non-Stop Climax mode. So far it hasn't been too much harder than Hard mode for me, but then I played a lot of Hard using the no-witch time accessory, so that's probably to be expected.

ElyrionX said:
I found this out through trial and error. The game really should explain things like that a lot more clearly.
well, it does warn you in most cases (choosing this option will overwrite your checkpoint, continue?)

I didn't learn it through trial and error, it was just common sense.

Top Bottom