• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
Wizman23 said:
So any tips on getting awesome combo scores or is it as simple as spamming the X button to shoot your pistols when you aren't in attack mode and waiting for a dodge?

Shooting doesn't give as many points as most other attacks.

I haven't used shooting since I gave up the Scarborough Fair, but I still consistently pull of Platinum Combos.

Dodge offsets and dashing helps a lot.

Dabookerman said:
Question. In Easy mode, Bayonetta teleports from one enemy to another. I suppose this isn't possible in standard modes?
That's an affect of automatic mode.

There is a move that lets you do this(kinda sorta) that you can buy from Rodin though.

So, last night I finished chapter 14. Still don't have the
ice skates

I assume I missed them along the way somewhere. Can anyone let me know where I can find 'em?

Whoompthereitis said:
So, last night I finished chapter 14. Still don't have the
ice skates

I assume I missed them along the way somewhere. Can anyone let me know where I can find 'em?

The chapter where you meet
Cereza.

First piece is in a treasure chest at the start of the level, behind you after you land. Second is to the left of the entrance to the area where you fight the two snakes, you have to destroy some rocks. The third is practically given to you.

Dazzyman said:
Easy mode is designed to fight without the stick :lol

Well you're certainly playing with a stick....

Dazzyman

Fimbulvetr said:
The chapter where you meet
Cereza.

First piece is in a treasure chest at the start of the level, behind you after you land. Second is to the left of the entrance to the area where you fight the two snakes, you have to destroy some rocks. The third is practically given to you.

Well you're certainly playing with a stick....

Nope Im typing with a keyboard.

V easy and Easy mode are designed to get used to the combos and buttons thats the point of em so you dont need to touch the stick. Then you move onto normal to use it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/bayonettas-easy-automatic-mode

Archie said:
Aw, the Durga exploit makes getting points on many fights exceptionally trivial.
Durga exploit?

PJX said:
Do you need to beat a chapter in order to save what you have collected or can you quit and save later?

You can quit and save later. I've done it plenty of times. So much that, in fact, my first run ended up totaling around 22 hours. :lol

Archie said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za7kKNFCASY

It works on many other fights too.

Edit: Honestly PPing chapters wouldn't be that difficult if you are patient. You can return to the verse you were previously at by quitting to the title screen. The Alfheims would still be fairly problematic, though.

How do you get those rockets and the flaming sword? I beat the game on normal and never got either and they're not available in the shop for purchase. I bought the Durga.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is there somewhere in my records that lists which LP pieces I have? I wouldn't mind going back and getting ones I'm missing.

abq

Ultimo hombre said:
How do you get those rockets and the flaming sword? I beat the game on normal and never got either and they're not available in the shop for purchase. I bought the Durga.
For the "flaming sword",
beat the game on Non-Stop Infinite Climax difficulty
. You don't need the sword for the
Durga/Kilgore exploit

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Augemitbutter said:
press "select" in-game. there should be a listing for all your LPs.

Yeah, I was looking around the menu and didn't see it. I didn't really look very hard, though. I tend to only use the equipment and item screens.

I assume my list of LPs is in the book section? (I'm not at home right now, so I can't check)

Btw, are the most recommended pieces of equipment? I'm using Selene's Light and the equipment that heals on taunt (which so far, doesn't seem to do much). I don't have 200k for Mahaa Kalaa yet, but I'm sure as hell going to save up for it.

twenty1

Banned
I read that wheneva Netta is sucking a lollipop,

u can press the button on ur controller which has the color matching the lollipop, then u get that extra lollipop into ur inventory. Haven't tried it yet, but several people have confirmed it. If true, this is a very cool easter egg!!!

twenty1 said:
I read that wheneva Netta is sucking a lollipop,

u can press the button on ur controller which has the color matching the lollipop, then u get that extra lollipop into ur inventory. Haven't tried it yet, but several people have confirmed it. If true, this is a very cool easter egg!!!
It's been mentioned several times.

^
Fuck.

Shito said:
A friend just told me that A LOT of his tearing and framerate problems came from the HDD install, so all of you 360 owners that are playing it installed, it might worth checking this fact, as I had only a few tearing problems here and there playing from the disc, but nothing major.

I'll give this a shot when I get home. Not holding my breath, though.
Tried it. It works. Much better.

Shito

Oh!
Nice knowing it seems confirmed!
That explains why I didn't find the tearing to be the problem a lot of the people in this thread were making it to be. I thought it was only because coming from the PS3 version I was in awe with all the little enhancements here and there. ^^

I don't know how much help posting this in here would be, but Gamestop is running a promotion where you can trade in pretty much any big name holiday 360/PS3 title and get any of said big name holiday titles for $20. This includes Bayo and Darksiders.

Zeliard

I stopped last night at Chapter 10 but still haven't gotten either the ice skates or the Kilgore, though I have gotten a few broken LP pieces that haven't been fully combined yet. I need to start wandering the levels more.

Chichikov

IcebergSlim3000 said:
This thread is fucking spoiler fest. I'm out.
Really?
You mean like it's revealed key plot elements to you?
Because I played the game and I still have no fucking clue what's going on most of the time.
I only know it's awesome.

But yeah, I can see how that can be seen as a spoiler, you come thinking the game would suck, when in fact, it is
fucking awesome

A twist!

Chichikov said:
Really?
You mean like it's revealed key plot elements to you?
Because I played the game and I still have no fucking clue what's going on most of the time.
I only know it's awesome.

But yeah, I can see how that can be seen as a spoiler, you come thinking the game would suck, when in fact, it is
fucking awesome

A twist!

Ya know spoilers don't just involve story elements right.

ezekial45

Banned
Zertez said:
To unlock Jeanne do you need Platinum on every verse or just every chapter?

both, iirc. Or you can just go to one of the payphones in Chapter II, put in a button combination, and pay 1 million halos for her.

Chichikov

IcebergSlim3000 said:
Ya know spoilers don't just involve story elements right.
No, I actually don't really know how you can spoil this game.
But hey, I know people are way more sensitive to spoilers than me, not sure I fully understand it, but I accept it; it was merely a joke.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Archie said:
You get the rockets in chapter 9. There are two(?) LP pieces for that item in the chapter.

There are three pieces for the rocket launcher, and it's very easy to miss two of them. You can check what records pieces you have in the books section. Look for one called rarity.

So earlier in this thread, I was having problems with the difficulty of the game on normal. I beat the game this weekend after some halo farming, purchasing health upgrades, and then all the items/techniques. The game is much more manageable once you have all your powers/items/a full health bar. Post-game thoughts:

Pro's
1) Deep combat system.
2) Lots of unlockables/depth/replay value for a single player game. This is one of those 'if you only buy one game all year'... it's a good candidate for that.
3) I like that many of the items can be unlocked multiple ways - either the legit way or using the 'cheat' at the telephone to buy it.
4) Bayonetta has a lot of style, moreso than most protagonists.

Con's
1) Story is terrible/non-existent/'diarrhea of the mouth' as Luka puts it.
2) Game does a piss poor job of teaching. Dodge offset isn't taught well; alheims are not explained; nor are Umbran tears.
3) Moves like the aerial dodge, parry accessory, and bat form should be given to you over time, not purchased. Playing the game without these is very difficult.

Nakazato

Just beat the game and its nice to see a game of the year candidate 5 days into the year

A very Big Story spoiler:
I kinda ruined the game for myself I saw the little one and i was like i have a very strong feeling that she Bayonetta and I was right. Tho can't wait for Bayonetta 2: tag team sexy time beat down rumble.

Nakazato said:
I kinda ruined the game for myself I saw the little one and i was like i have a very strong feeling that she Bayonetta and I was right. Tho can't wait for Bayonetta 2: tag team sexy time beat down rumble.

There's quite a bit of foreshadowing to it too.

Bayo's love of lolipops, at first it seemed like blatant sexual imagery but it actually makes sense during a scene later in the game involving Luka and Cereza. Also, Cereza's cat doll being named Cheshire and Bayo's "I'm rather fond of stuffed animals." line before the first Jeanne fight. Glasses + Red Ribbons in hair are something they share as well.

Nakazato

Fimbulvetr said:
There's quite a bit of foreshadowing to it too.

Bayo's love of lolipops, at first it seemed like blatant sexual imagery but it actually makes sense during a scene later in the game involving Luka and Cereza. Also, Cereza's cat doll being named Cheshire and Bayo's "I'm rather fond of stuffed animals." line before the first Jeanne fight. Glasses + Red Ribbons in hair are something they share as well.
damn i never picked up on that

Eggo said:
Con's
alheims are not explained; nor are Umbran tears.
I don't understand the complaint. Alheims give you the rules when you enter them, and with Umbran tears you have a list of the achievements and which levels the tears are hidden. The tears and Alheims are secrets...

MacBosse

Is it just me or is this game really hard to get good "gold" in? I've made it to chapter six and I'm not even close to having enough money (well Sonic Hedgehog rings) to buy anything but lollipops or some easier combo stuff.

Stuff costs like 50k or over .. hell do I need to save for like 4 chapters to get those or am I playing it wrong (suckily)?

Volcynika

a Master Ninja said:
I don't understand the complaint. Alheims give you the rules when you enter them, and with Umbran tears you have a list of the achievements and which levels the tears are hidden. The tears and Alheims are secrets...

Yeah I'm confused myself.

MacBosse said:
Is it just me or is this game really hard to get good "gold" in? I've made it to chapter six and I'm not even close to having enough money (well Sonic Hedgehog rings) to buy anything but lollipops or some easier combo stuff.

Stuff costs like 50k or over .. hell do I need to save for like 4 chapters to get those or am I playing it wrong (suckily)?

Save up, get good at combos, get Durga and Kilgore ASAP.

What combo works better for max damage?

Sword/Durga (fire)
Sword/Durge (elec)

I tried using Durga on hands but attack seems quite slow.

Are certain enemies more suseptible to fire than elec and vice versa?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I noticed I got a shitload of halos after beating the game, have around 220K now. Is the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa worth it? I'm thinking of trying that + the rose thing that disables witch time to really change the gameplay up, but it depends on how tight the timing is.

Top Bottom