• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Fugu

Who the fuck thought of the endgame segment
with the planets
? Goddamn. That's got to be the absolute worst part of this game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what? that bit is easy! it's basically an interactive cinematic. i loved it. summed up how over-the-top and awesome the game had been to that point.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Fugu said:
with the planets
I
intentionally crashed into Pluto the first time
because that is what I thought I was supposed to do. Woops!

Fugu

Archie said:
I
intentionally crashed into Pluto the first time
because that is what I thought I was supposed to do. Woops!
Yeah. I thought we were supposed to
hit every planet the first time

What annoys me is that if you fail it costs a death. So when I'm playing non-stop infinite climax and I don't die on the boss and I die on that shit, it pisses me off.

WTF @
Kinship, what a cheap fucking boss this guy is. How the fuck are you supposed to dodge 20 extremely fast heat seeking missles, a fucking laser beam and iron bindings.
I'm getting really frustrated because no matter what I do I just can't dodge anything. Perhaps I'm playing this all wrong but some of these enemies are just plain CHEAP and really detracts from the awesome combat.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
WTF @
Kinship, what a cheap fucking boss this guy is. How the fuck are you supposed to dodge 20 extremely fast heat seeking missles, a fucking laser beam and iron bindings.
I'm getting really frustrated because no matter what I do I just can't dodge anything. Perhaps I'm playing this all wrong but some of these enemies are just plain CHEAP and really detracts from the awesome combat.
1. Dodge the missiles
2. Jump on the ship
3. PPPK(ch)
4. ???
5. Profit

burgerdog

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
WTF @
It's not even a boss. :lol :lol Try jumping on top of it and hitting the red crystal. Still, you shouldn't be having trouble dodging any of its attacks, especially if you're not on top of them.

ezekial45

Banned
Just started Non-Stop Climax mode and it's not as bad as i thought it was gonna be. The Rosary accessory is making things really easy, i actually got a few pure platinums in the first two chapters. Also, i thought it was funny that they started with the Witch Time tutorial again just to tell you that you can't use it. :lol

Anyway, i started playing as Jeanne, and it may be just me, but is her witch time different then Bayonetta's? I'm having a hard time entering WT with Jeanne.

ezekial45 said:
Anyway, i started playing as Jeanne, and it may be just me, but is her witch time different then Bayonetta's? I'm having a hard time entering WT with Jeanne.

Yeah, her starting tutorial was massive pain as Jeanne only has Moth-Within activated Witch time, no dodge induced ones. The pay off is she can dodge indefinitely with no 'final dodge reset' break. She seems a bit faster as well. Bit of a pain you have to start a new game to play as her though, having to get everything all over again :/

ultim8p00

Banned
Archie said:
1. Dodge the missiles
2. Jump on the ship
3. PPPK(ch)
4. ???
5. Profit

I didn't even need to jump on the ship. Killed him using guns. Easiest mini-boss in the game. Just shoot down anything it throws at you, then dodge the lasers - they are very easy to see coming. Just lock on it and shoot its weak spot.

Ultimo hombre said:
Don't. Peformance is better off disc. Install to HDD causes additional tearing and slowdowns.

I don't have it installed, and it still tears and drops frames like mad. Well, less of the latter, but there's definitely a tearing issue here.

ezekial45

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
Yeah, her starting tutorial was massive pain as Jeanne only has Moth-Within activated Witch time, no dodge induced ones. The pay off is she can dodge indefinitely with no 'final dodge reset' break. She seems a bit faster as well. Bit of a pain you have to start a new game to play as her though, having to get everything all over again :/

Thats what i was afraid of. Oh well, it's almost like playing on nonstop climax mode.

Oh yeah, i just realized that Pillow Talk was a reference to Okami (Waka's sword). :lol

Fugu

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
WTF @
Dodge the first one and the rest of the missiles become less problematic.

(Endgame hard spoiler)
BAZILLIONS.
Best. Weapon. Ever.

Kreed

I just finished the
route 666
level, and it definitely was the least enjoyable of the levels I've gone through so far. It was still fun but in comparison to the rest of the game it just wasn't as good, particularly the
motorcycle segment and the part where you're fighting in the street with random cars coming at you (at least there was the option to fight on the side of the road to avoid getting hit)

At least it wasn't a swimming level.

Bernbaum

Nah, I enjoyed that level Kreed. Only qualm was that there were large sections devoid of action, and I wasn't sure whether I'd looped back or whatever. It's an obvious homage to After Burner and MadWorld and came as a nice relief to the combat-heavy stage before it.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Kreed said:
I just finished the
route 666
level, and it definitely was the least enjoyable of the levels I've gone through so far. It was still fun but in comparison to the rest of the game it just wasn't as good, particularly the
motorcycle segment and the part where you're fighting in the street with random cars coming at you (at least there was the option to fight on the side of the road to avoid getting hit)

At least it wasn't a swimming level.
The vehicle levels are twice as long as they should be. If they were one verse each, they wouldn't be nearly as tedious.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just got to Chapter 6 and the game is wearing thin on me. Don't know what it is about this game but it just isn't really that fun to play for me. I've played through and loved all the DMC (did not love 2. 2's mother doesn't even love it), Ninja Gaiden and GoW games yet here I am not even halfway done and already ready for the game to be over.

LiK

_tetsuo_ said:
Just got to Chapter 6 and the game is wearing thin on me. Don't know what it is about this game but it just isn't really that fun to play for me. I've played through and loved all the DMC (did not love 2. 2's mother doesn't even love it), Ninja Gaiden and GoW games yet here I am not even halfway done and already ready for the game to be over.

does not compute.

Bernbaum

_tetsuo_ said:
I recognized that the problem was with me and not the game itself and, having accepted the truth, grown as a human being and am a stronger worldlier person because of it.

Anyone find themselves doing wicked crazy combo chains, trying to recreate them, and doing another simply awesome combo chain accidentally? :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ravien56 said:
This is driving me crazy. Where is the 5th verse in Chapter 1?
after the fight with the Beloved (Verse 4), run back as far as you can go.

Monocle

SecretBonusPoint said:
ah wait, they wouldnt count for the Treasure Chest achievement I'm guessing. Balls, through the list it is.

Just cheesed the Afterburner one on Easy as Rez said and...wow. Easy mode is...weird. There are people on GAF playing this mode? Really? It like... auto-combos everything and Bat-withins any attack :lol
Only if you have the Immortal Marionette accessory equipped.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
WTF @
Wow, seriously? I find it easier to activate Witch Time with so much crap coming at me. You can pretty much mash the dodge button if you want to. What I like to do is wait for a cluster of missiles and evade the first one for WT, then attack the enemy's weak point with a melee weapon.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Tokubetsu said:
Should I install this on 360? I know some games dont like you installing them.
the load times become noticably better. the extra screen-tearing thing is a myth, and in my play time, I haven't noticed any additional stuttering.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Archie said:
What do you not particularly like about the game?

For starters I'm playing the PS3 version and it's a mess. Horrible loading everywhere, screen tearing like crazy and framerate madness. Secondly, I always have hated the games presentation. I don't like the characters or story at all and I absolutely hate the music. The rest is hard to describe.

The gameplay just does not capture me and I don't really know why. I am basically just sleepwalking through each chapter. No matter how many lava rivers I run away from on the side of a building or churches get lifted off the ground by some dragon.... thing I keep finding myself wanting to play another game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ShockingAlberto said:
Hmm

I need to cut out 39 seconds

somewhere
you can skip a lot of stuff in Chapter 5. Do it there.

fernoca said:
To me, well..I loved the game..
But it had a few problems that usually games on the same genre (and developers) had:
1. Shoot the 'visual-load' early
The first stages/chapters usually look impressive, greatly designed and detailed...as you play stages ..places just start to look stale, less surprising, more boring or just lame....and empty..

2. Difficulty = Lots of enemies + each hit takes more damage
Enemies start appearing, that just with a few attacks take nearly your entire life bar...sometimes enemies that you already beat earlier.

3. The classic beat
every boss all over again, before
the final boss.
Self explanatory.. :p

But even with those.."things"..I just loved the game, as I said before..maybe it is because it reminds me of P.N.03 so much..so I may be biased. :p
I dunno man. I'm on the opposite site of the field when it comes to the first complaint -- Every chapter has been getting more and more intense/epic, which is just leaving me in that perpetual "climax" action mode every single time I play. The first level was crazy, but I'm on the fifth and now it's just fucking insane. I don't know how this game tops itself, but it does.

burgerdog said:
It's not even a boss. :lol :lol Try jumping on top of it and hitting the red crystal. Still, you shouldn't be having trouble dodging any of its attacks, especially if you're not on top of them.

Yea, I know how to beat it, I just couldn't get past the barrage of missiles every time the cut-scene ended. I beat it after a few tries, and did realize that the missiles are really the only problem with that fight. Everything else is quite simple. The problem I had with getting Witch Time to activate was how distracting the explosions get. And trying to mash dodge button does nothing for me because I end up turning into the panther which makes things more difficult with the clunky camera. In the end, I beat the chapter and applaud the game for being totally unforgiving.

I think I'm going to go back and try and get some better scores on the earlier chapters, do some Alfheims, etc.. I need a cleansing of some kind. I also think I missed picking up whatever it is I need for the whip (LP piece I assume).

EDIT: Oh yea, does anyone know the proper name of the song played during the [/spoiler]Hell's Gates shop bit?[/spoiler]

Korey

Fugu said:
with the planets
From Kamiya's notebook:
Ideas for Game Finale
Ride a motorcycle up the side of a rocket in space to fight God.
Ride a motorcycle up the side of a rocket in space to fight God and then punch her across the solar system into the sun.
I dunno, I think he made a pretty reasonable choice here

Zertez

Anyone have a strategy for alfheim 8? I'm using ppk, but it is not fast enough with just weaves. I make it to the 2 fairness but can't kill them quick enough.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Korey said:
From Kamiya's notebook:
Ideas for Game Finale
Ride a motorcycle up the side of a rocket in space to fight God.
Ride a motorcycle up the side of a rocket in space to fight God and then punch her across the solar system into the sun.
I dunno, I think he made a pretty reasonable choice here
:lol

Zertez said:
Anyone have a strategy for alfheim 8? I'm using ppk, but it is not fast enough with just weaves. I make it to the 2 fairness but can't kill them quick enough.
PKP with Shuraba. Let the first two attacks miss and just have the giant sword swing slice through bitches. You should be hitting both Fairness' at the same time with each of those Wicked Weaves.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, Alfheim 12
"Use Torture Attacks"
on hard broke me, had to do that one on normal difficulty.
Does it matter in which setting I complete them to get the
secret chapter
? Do I have to complete them all on normal, respectively hard, or can I mix it up?

ravien56

So what does Gaze of Despair do? Also, what other accessories are essential? Also, any pro tips for beating those crazy demon hands?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
ravien56 said:
So what does Gaze of Despair do? Also, what other accessories are essential? Also, any pro tips for beating those crazy demon hands?
Gaze of Despair makes enemies more aggressive iirc. Also the only 'essential' accessory are the beads when doing Infinite Climax. (You could wing it without them, but it would be a pain in the ass). Everything else is contingent on your playstyle.

Jack Random said:
Wait till chapter 2, flashback Jeanne is evil incarnate and can wicked weave at will
She is actually pretty easy. Its just that you have to parry her attacks instead of dodging. Or maybe I am just so incredibly lucky that I beat her on my first try.
Archie said:
Gaze of Despair makes enemies more aggressive iirc. Also the only 'essential' accessory are the beads when doing Infinite Climax. (You could wing it without them, but it would be a pain in the ass). Everything else is contingent on your playstyle.
I would say parry is essential but ok.

ravien56

Archie said:
Even doing Hard difficulty, I'm having troubles on the prologue chapter because of those Daruga bastards, I can't dodge them enough to get 3 torture attacks.

Top Bottom