• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
SecretBonusPoint said:
Whats everyones favourite music tracks from the game? All the Jeanne encounter music is absolutely amazing, especially "Blood & Darkness".
The ending credits song. I don't know what it's called, but it is ultra catchy.

Curufinwe

Shito said:
Of course, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a little odd to be prefering NG2 to NG1/B. ^^
You have all the rights in the world to do so, but objectively speaking it's hard to argue that NG2 is the better game.

Perhaps, but NGS2 is a much more polished and enjoyable game than NGB.

PJX

Curufinwe said:

Not even close. If you enjoy it more than yeah its your opinion, but polish? That's quite laughable. The game is nowhere close to being as polish as NGB.

TheExodu5

Banned
Curufinwe said:

Are you kidding me? NG2/NGS2 is one of the top-pedigree action games of the past decade. It deserves a spot just above DMC2.

"Hey guys? You like being a ninja? You like fighting with your sword? Well too fucking bad! Here are a few thousand archers and dragons coming your way. Time to take out that bow!"

ShockingAlberto said:
Whatever plays when you fight
the Ocean boss

I like that one too.

Also "Battle For The Umbra Throne".

@Archie: Wait, which part of the credits are you talking about? Part 2 is Fly Me To The Moon, Part 1 and the dancing video are Let's Dance Boys.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Fimbulvetr said:
I like that one too.

Also "Battle For The Umbra Throne".

@Archie: Wait, which part of the credits are you talking about? Part 2 is Fly Me To The Moon, Part 1 and the dancing video are Let's Dance Boys.
Dance video.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ultimo hombre said:
I can buy them but right now I have Selene's light for WT if/when it does go off. I assume the beads cancel out that accessory?
iirc, Selene's Light only turns on Witch Time temporarily for Gracious and Glorious, but it isn't long enough to do any sort of real damage. You'd be best to use the beads and play defensively just poking and dodging and letting the explosions do most of the work.

Is this game worth picking up for the PS3? I don't have any money right now so it's purely hypothetical, but I loved the demo and was wondering if the slowdown and graphical issues mentioned in the reviews for the PS3 version really affect the enjoyment of the game all that much.

Fugu

icarus-daedelus said:
Is this game worth picking up for the PS3? I don't have any money right now so it's purely hypothetical, but I loved the demo and was wondering if the slowdown and graphical issues mentioned in the reviews for the PS3 version really affect the enjoyment of the game all that much.
Yes, it is worth picking up.

There are only two gameplay segments in the entire game where the framerate is notably detrimental. Otherwise, it's mostly in out of combat sequences, where it doesn't really matter that much.

Zeliard said:
Ninja Gaiden 2 is barely more polished than your average Bethesda game.

yea, but NGSigma 2 is a different beast. it's as good as bayonetta, so it's pretty much on top of everything.

icarus-daedelus said:

it's worth picking up. it has different pros and cons compared to the 360 version, but i don't think it's worse.

Gaze of Despair + Selene's Light/Magic Beads are a great combination

Gaze of Despair is great if only for greatly changing the way certain enemies (like those Chinese Dragons) fight you.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
icarus-daedelus said:

I'm having a hell of a time with it. It's certainly playable but jesus lord the loading is out of this world. It is the only game I have ever put in that I can actually HEAR my PS3 reading the disc.

editL Agni and Rudra are so annoying :-/

_tetsuo_ said:
I'm having a hell of a time with it. It's certainly playable but jesus lord the loading is out of this world. It is the only game I have ever put in that I can actually HEAR my PS3 reading the disc.
Yeah, I'm kind of worried that the loading will kill the pacing of the game. :-/ The gameplay seems like tons of fun, but I feel like 'they' should've figured out how to avoid stupidly long loadtimes for disc-based games by now.

Fugu said:
Yes, it is worth picking up.

There are only two gameplay segments in the entire game where the framerate is notably detrimental. Otherwise, it's mostly in out of combat sequences, where it doesn't really matter that much.

Augemitbutter said:
it's worth picking up. it has different pros and cons compared to the 360 version, but i don't think it's worse.
Thanks for the input dudes. Just out of curiosity, what are the cons of the 360 version?

icarus-daedelus said:
Thanks for the input dudes. Just out of curiosity, what are the cons of the 360 version?

either you get more tearing with installation, or more loading without. there's also no DTS for the 360 version.

Just reached ch.6.

I love the combat system, but dislike how the enemies are thrown at you, they don't blend well with the environment, it doesn't make sense, the encounters feel like rounds after rounds, like it's a fighting game. I think this is a kind of game where you'll get more out of it in a NG+, when you fully understand the combat and each enemy's tactic.

Also still too many goddamn shitty cut-scenes.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just finished
Chapter XVI
but I don't have time to play
the Epilogue
!!!!

CLIFFHANGER DELUXE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
BenjaminBirdie said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just finished
Chapter XVI
but I don't have time to play
the Epilogue
!!!!

CLIFFHANGER DELUXE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You kill God and do some sexy dancing at the end

Good grief I finally beat
Rodin
on my 5th attempt today, I managed to get him down to a quarter of his last bar pretty much every time however he didn't seem to appreciate it much, went nutshit and kept on landing ultra speed raging demons. Pillow talk charges, dodge offset into panther, and harvest managed to get me through it. Now I've only got the Lost Chapter to go.

Augemitbutter said:
either you get more tearing with installation, or more loading without. there's also no DTS for the 360 version.
But even without installing the 360 loads much faster than the PS3 version. Not really a con.
Augemitbutter said:
yea, but NGSigma 2 is a different beast. it's as good as bayonetta, so it's pretty much on top of everything.
I wish I could I agree with this.

PJX

Augemitbutter said:

NGS 2 IMO is pretty crappy when compared to NG2. All the things that made NG2 fun was taken out.

Zeliard said:
Ninja Gaiden 2 is barely more polished than your average Bethesda game.

Joke post?

LiK

a Master Ninja said:
But even without installing the 360 loads much faster than the PS3 version. Not really a con.

indeed, the PS3 ver is an inferior port no matter what cons the 360 has. There is no debate.

L0st Id3ntity said:
Is there a NG+? If so how is it handled.
You can play any level, on any difficulty you have unlocked, with all the weapons and items you have acquired. You are only really starting over when you play as a different character.

Archie said:
iirc, Selene's Light only turns on Witch Time temporarily for Gracious and Glorious, but it isn't long enough to do any sort of real damage. You'd be best to use the beads and play defensively just poking and dodging and letting the explosions do most of the work.

I'll go with this route for the rest of my hard playthrough. Yeah any WT for gracious and glorious is minimal and doesn't allow for any real counter. I have Shiva's equipped but with 3 of them it's impossible to parry since they attack from all diff directions. I'll just need to toggle accessories depending on who I'm fighting.

LiK

Anyone else used the Torture for those Manta Ray things? You get a kickass chainsaw that you can actually use outside if the QTE like an Angel weapon. I wish it was a weapon I could buy, heh.

a Master Ninja said:

for now, i love both games equally. imo bayonetta lacks a challenging mode like master ninja in sigma 2, infnite climax is not that hard. i need my challenging main quest in action games.

LiK said:
indeed, the PS3 ver is an inferior port no matter what cons the 360 has. There is no debate.

oh, i don't really want to start a debate, i was just stating the facts. there is no perfect version of bayonetta.

Peff

LiK said:
Anyone else used the Torture for those Manta Ray things? You get a kickass chainsaw that you can actually use outside if the QTE like an Angel weapon. I wish it was a weapon I could buy, heh.

You can get it,
defeat the secret boss and you'll receive a weapon that allows you to use all of the angelical weapons

LiK

Augemitbutter said:
oh, i don't really want to start a debate, i was just stating the facts. there is no perfect version of bayonetta.
It's cool, I'm just disappointed with Sega's effort with the PS3 port (which I'll be playing soon when I get the Climax edition) yea, I just haaad to get that too :lol

LiK

Peff said:
You can get it,
defeat the secret boss and you'll receive a weapon that allows you to use all of the angelical weapons
Nice, too bad I need to work for it, heh

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just finished the game on the last difficulty level, what a fantastic ride this game was every time around! :D Now time to collect every crow and unlock the one last weapon I have not got yet.

Draft

Augemitbutter said:
Yeah, there's just a good version and a really shitty version.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Whats everyones favourite music tracks from the game? All the Jeanne encounter music is absolutely amazing, especially "Blood & Darkness".

Mine is without a doubt the Gates of Hell music. Not sure what the name is. I'm a big jazz listener, so it's only natural. There is always something unique about Jazz tunes that have been composed by a Japanese composer. This game has so much style and flavor it's incredible.

I was hoping somebody could fill me in on how I obtain the different weapons. So far I only have Onyx Roses, Scarborough Fair, Shuraba, and Durga. I keep reading about people using other weapons in the earlier chapters, yet I don't have any others? Also, any good place that lists the locations of Afheims?

Korey

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Mine is without a doubt the Gates of Hell music. Not sure what the name is. I'm a big jazz listener, so it's only natural. There is always something unique about Jazz tunes that have been composed by a Japanese composer. This game has so much style and flavor it's incredible.

I was hoping somebody could fill me in on how I obtain the different weapons. So far I only have Onyx Roses, Scarborough Fair, Shuraba, and Durga. I keep reading about people using other weapons in the earlier chapters, yet I don't have any others? Also, any good place that lists the locations of Afheims?
You get the weapons by completing the LPs

LiK

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Check YouTube. The achievementhunter guys posted all the alfeim locations. I'm shocked at how well hidden most of them are.

Top Bottom