• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
BenjaminBirdie said:
OHHHHH.

Yeah, I remember now. I didn't find them THAT much crazier than the regular version, but then I always found myself getting pummeled by a Fire Combo from the OG versions so I never really perceived a difference in difficulty.

They're a fuckin bundle of joy to deal with on hard.....sometimes 3 of them.

ezekial45

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
What's this about ALT's now? I am seriously missing a lot of shit. The only weapons I have are the katana and shotgun.

It just means it's a second set (so you can have them on your hands and feet). The pistols type weapons are the only ones that don't need a second set to place on both hands and feet. No difference at all.

You can use this this to find the other LP pieces.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFBOSEyN2I

Aske

ezekial45 said:
You can use this this to find the other LP pieces.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFBOSEyN2I

I'm assuming that's the Japanese version - why are the names of the records different in the western release? Or are they different on the PS3 and 360?

Bernbaum said:
The alternative costume in that video is the only one I like from what I've seen.

I really like the Old costume. It's the only one that gives Bayonetta the sheet of flowing hair that she gets during the boss fights ('Serious' in the gallery). I wish the Serious costume was available to buy (regular costume plus boss fight hair). I also like d'arc for a bit of variety.

I'm about half way through chapter 6 now, and this amazing game is EXCEEDING my expectations. I just got the Claws, and the electric versions are SIIIIIIICK. The bosses so far are like most other games END bosses, but they're just throwing them at me now. This is too much greatness for one disc.

LiK

Net_Wrecker said:
I'm about half way through chapter 6 now, and this amazing game is EXCEEDING my expectations. I just got the Claws, and the electric versions are SIIIIIIICK. The bosses so far are like most other games END bosses, but they're just throwing them at me now. This is too much greatness for one disc.

hohoho, if you're impressed by the bosses so far, just wait til the later ones :D

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, those three Gracious/Glorious at the start of
Highway 666
on hard gave me a harder time than Alfheim 12, time to buy accessories I guess. At least I got kinda rid of the
cars
with fighting on the edge of the arena.
Alfheims past that chapter just don't seem beatable for me on hard, time to stop sucking.

I'll ask again: for the
secret chapter
, do I have to beat all Alfheims on the same difficulty, or can I mix it up?

I know it's probably blasphemous, but if anyone's looking to cook up some custom playlist action for this game, a nice mix of Warp Records and Ghostly International/Spectral stuff is SOOOO GOOD.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Clown_im_OP said:
Oh god, those three Gracious/Glorious at the start of
Highway 666
on hard gave me a harder time than Alfheim 12, time to buy accessories I guess. At least I got kinda rid of the
cars
with fighting on the edge of the arena.
Alfheims past that chapter just don't seem beatable for me on hard, time to stop sucking.

I'll ask again: for the
secret chapter
, do I have to beat all Alfheims on the same difficulty, or can I mix it up?
as long as you beat them, it doesn't matter what difficulty they are on.

if you do alfheim 1 on normal, and 2 on hard, then as far as the game is concerned you've completed alfheim one and two.

I'm definitely going to have to go through the game again on easy or something. I'm just not very good at action games like this and DMC, never have been. I'm playing on normal right now and I'm at
Jeanne #3 on the side of the building
and I just see no hope for me winning this fight. I've been sort of struggling up to this point but I think this is finally where I just have to break over and set it to easy. Unless I'm missing something about the fight. Also, I'm not so sure that I'm really prepared enough, I haven't really been buying things other than life extensions and techniques.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
if you do set it to easy, know that you can unequip the accessory that automatically plays the game for you.

you won't need to start over either, you can start from whichever chapter you like.

LaneDS

So I'm probably crazy, but does anyone hear the Corneria music from Star Fox playing at the very start of Angel Attack minigame? I'm sure I'm probably very wrong seeing as how it's a Sega game and all, but man it sounds similar.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Rez said:
if you do alfheim 1 on normal, and 2 on hard, then as far as the game is concerned you've completed alfheim one and two.

Good to know, thanks.
Is there any reward at all for beating all Alfheims on hard? I mean, I'm really trying (for hours sometimes), and feel really dirty for failing and going back to normal, but damn, they're hard.

Rez said:
if you do set it to easy, know that you can unequip the accessory that automatically plays the game for you.

you won't need to start over either, you can start from whichever chapter you like.

ugh I just don't want to pussy out like this. I'm not going to set it to easy. if I can't beat this on normal, then I won't. :lol

LiK

brandonh83 said:
ugh I just don't want to pussy out like this. I'm not going to set it to easy. if I can't beat this on normal, then I won't. :lol

farm yellow candy and you can beat anything. it's a built in cheat :)

Volcynika

Clown_im_OP said:
Good to know, thanks.
Is there any reward at all for beating all Alfheims on hard? I mean, I'm really trying (for hours sometimes), and feel really dirty for failing and going back to normal, but damn, they're hard.

No specific reward for beating the Alfheims on a certain difficulty. It's just if you beat them all in general you get a reward.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
LaneDS said:
So I'm probably crazy, but does anyone hear the Corneria music from Star Fox playing at the very start of Angel Attack minigame? I'm sure I'm probably very wrong seeing as how it's a Sega game and all, but man it sounds similar.

It's definitelly an Outrun song :D

I never really played games like NG or DMC, but decided to pick this up, and holyshit I feel ive been missing out on a whole differnt genre of games. This games amazing, im probaly gonna pick up ninja gaiden 2 after I beat this, is the first NG on the market place?

LaneDS

Outtrigger888 said:
I never really played games like NG or DMC, but decided to pick this up, and holyshit I feel ive been missing out on a whole differnt genre of games. This games amazing, im probaly gonna pick up ninja gaiden 2 after I beat this, is the first NG on the market place?

I really don't think Ninja Gaiden 2 compares to this at all. One opinion and all that, but I felt like I should share anyway. Bayonetta will have spoiled you in this genre for a while I'm thinking.

Roto13

Finished it on Normal. Then Normal again to collect everything. (I have all of the hearts and pearls and LPs that don't have to be unlocked. Woo!) Then Hard. Then Non Stop Infinite Climax.

Third game I've ever Platinum'd. Right now I'm going through it on Very Easy to get that Marionette accessory just for the hell of it but I'm kind of getting bored with it now. Awesome game. Just maybe not five times in a row. :p

Curufinwe

LaneDS said:
I really don't think Ninja Gaiden 2 compares to this at all. One opinion and all that, but I felt like I should share anyway. Bayonetta will have spoiled you in this genre for a while I'm thinking.

I've only played the demo of Bayonetta so I can't compare them, but Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is a very good game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Llyranor said:
How do the alternative weapons (that you have to buy) differ from their regular free versions?
they don't, they just add an extra copy to your inventory, thus allowing you to put them on your hands and feet.

Curufinwe

Zeliard said:
A joke post is using the word "polished" to refer to Ninja Gaiden 2, and especially to say that it's more polished than Ninja Gaiden Black. That's some bizarro world shit right there.

I don't think you spotted the S, which Stands for Sigma, i.e. the PS3 version.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
LaneDS said:
Hm, shouldn't that be on Chapter 8? The Afterburner music is out of place there!

Thanks for the clarification though!

I'm not 100% sure but after checking it sounds damn close to the intro of Splash Wave.

And there's another Outrun song in the game
when Bayonetta and Enzo are in the car, which is damn fun I thought.

LaneDS

Curufinwe said:
I've only played the demo of Bayonetta so I can't compare them, but Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is a very good game.

I played most of NG1 and very little of NG2 and I'll agree that they're by no means bad games, but I just think Bayonetta outdoes them by a large margin. Personal opinion and all that, but yeah.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Outtrigger888 said:

Play Ninja Gaiden Black first

Roto13

Ultimo hombre said:
Like a moron, I actually bought those a while back.
I thought I had to buy the Onyx Roses from the store before I could use them. I have never once used both sets at the same time. Waste of halos. :p

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Multiple Gracious and Glorious, is like.....Wow. Just...man. I can't believe it when I beat these douches asses. This game knows how to make you feel a badass. But at the same time, you really earn the feeling. Haven't felt that way in a game like this since DMC1. Sure DMC3 was better, but the enemies were just easier to defeat.

Some of Bayonetta's enemies, give the Shadows, a run for their money.

Roto13

TheCardPlayer said:
Multiple Gracious and Glorious, is like.....Wow. Just...man. I can't believe it when I beat these douches asses. This game knows how to make you feel a badass. But at the same time, you really earn the feeling. Haven't felt that way in a game like this since DMC1. Sure DMC3 was better, but the enemies were just easier to defeat.

Some of Bayonetta's enemies, give the Shadows, a run for their money.

God. Fighting groups of Graciouses and Gloriouses is so crazy. You kill one and you don't even notice because you're already dealing with the thing swiping at you from behind.

sonicmj1

Now that I've beat Bayonetta on Hard, I'm slowly pushing through Normal trying to platinum every chapter, and I'm nearing the end! Just Chapter 15 and 16 left before I have claimed my victory.

Chapter 14 was probably the hardest challenge I've faced, just because the level is so grueling if you want to do well. I think I'm going to wind up with a beefy right arm by the time I'm done with this game, with all the button-mashing I've been doing. Luckily, I'm not going to have to revisit it for a long time, since I finally earned the achievement tied to it.

I cleared it legitimately on Normal, you sissies!

Roto13 said:
God. Fighting groups of Graciouses and Gloriouses is so crazy. You kill one and you don't even notice because you're already dealing with the thing swiping at you from behind.
I've become pretty good at fighting groups of them. I still fuck up sometimes, but they have a hard time fighting Kilgores and the magic dodge. Playing offensively will get you killed.

jabipun

Net_Wrecker said:

You know, it took me the longest time to figure out how to switch between the fire and lighting forms of the guantlet weapon.

PS: It is rotate analog stick 360 + punch right?

or is there an easier way?

jabipun said:
You know, it took me the longest time to figure out how to switch between the fire and lighting forms of the guantlet weapon.

PS: It is rotate analog stick 360 + punch right?

or is there an easier way?
Nope, that's how you do it. Kick if it's on your feet.

You should try the circle move with all weapons. It occasionally produces interesting results!

jabipun

brandonh83 said:

Buy the heart upgrades (that permanently increase your health - ala blue orbs like DMC).

If you play with simple offense and strong defense, you won't need to waste money on buying extra moves, so you can use the money to buy increased vitality/health and buy healing items and stuff.

It's the pussy way to play normal mode, but really fool proof. You'd have to be a fundamentally inept in life to not be able to beat normal mode.

It's hard (harder than most other games on normal) but you have a lot of options to ease it up. I.e, do what I said above, replay easier chapters to farm points etc.

ShockingAlberto said:
Nope, that's how you do it. Kick if it's on your feet.

You should try the circle move with all weapons. It occasionally produces interesting results!

I keep a pretty simple offense.

Use the katana and it's basic combos for non-witch time combat, when I do get witch time - switch to the gauntlets (fire) and do (punch, punch, - pause - , punch -->full press and hold = shit load of damage.

It's been working okay on hard mode.

Truth be told I play this like Devil May Cry 3 w/ witch time LOL.

Got the Marionette, Bracelet of Time, all Alfheims, all BWH, and all Pearls. I'm going back to hard/climax and never looking back at easy or normal. Normal never felt like I got any better, but playing on the harder two difficulties, I can always see improvements. It's so much more rewarding and fun

Bernbaum

Final Jeane fight is a doozy. Yeah, I might have had troubles with Grace/Glory, but that usually stemmed from me getting greedy when trying to stack combos and fucking up the timing, but damn is Jeane hard to read.

Despite the insane level of satisfaction from clearing a boss fight, I still don't like the QTE's in this game.

PJX

Curufinwe said:
I don't think you spotted the S, which Stands for Sigma, i.e. the PS3 version.

Except its a crappy port and it doesn't come anywhere near Bayonetta in the polish department at least for the 360 version.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Zertez said:
Are just the 16 chapters calculated in the 3 hours or are the extra ones lumped in the time frame as well?
the prologue and epilogue count

Top Bottom