• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Tokubetsu

Enjoying the game but not as much as I thought I would. There's a bit of a disconnect there that wasn't apparent to me in videos etc. Also, Shuraba all day <3

EDIT: Also, did not expect this shit to have some MGS length cutscenes wtf?

Volcynika said:
Penny Arcade contest to get a shirt (this entry was made at midnight)
Images of shirt that can be one:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/uploads/2010/01/07/Scarborough_Fair_Front_Red.jpg
http://www.penny-arcade.com/uploads/2010/01/07/Scarborough_Fair_Back_Red.jpg

I saw that my Platinum trophy'd JP version doesn't even show up for some reason on the PlayStation site, so someone win one for me! :p

But hopefully a GAFfer or two wins.
They mentioned the contest again today and I thought it was worth bumping for those who missed Volcynika's post.
Certainly beyond me right now.

PJX

SecretBonusPoint said:
2n08ric.jpg

Think I'll definitely be picking these up, since the no doubt awesome KOTOBUKIYA statue will be crazy awesome yet crazy priced.

Do you have a link to a website? I'll be picking both of them up when they become available.

I'm waiting to finish this bad boy (i beat ch 15) until I have sufficient time to devote to beating it and doing everything I want. Unfortunately I probably wont get around to that until Saturday. So I should be getting the parry accessory?

Zeliard

ezekial45 said:
Bazillions is amazing. It's become a life-saver when i need to keep my distance.

LiK said:
Pillow Talk, fucking awesome.

Those two do look pretty damn spectacular. I'm assuming it's possible to sport the Bazillions on your feet and still use Pillow Talk, right? Because that would just be the greatest thing.

I'm also intrigued by Rodin. It
morphs into different angel weapons
? That's what it looks like from the youtube vid. Can you control that?

Zeliard said:
Those two do look pretty damn spectacular. I'm assuming it's possible to sport the Bazillions on your feet and still use Pillow Talk, right? Because that would just be the greatest thing.

I'm also intrigued by Rodin. It
morphs into different angel weapons
? That's what it looks like from the youtube vid. Can you control that?

I'm still waiting for someone to unlock Rodin without exploits or halo farming. I never got farther than 2 and a half bars on the secret boss.

Volcynika

Zeouterlimits said:
They mentioned the contest again today and I thought it was worth bumping for those who missed Volcynika's post.
Certainly beyond me right now.

And I'll say again if someone doesn't want the shirt and beat it on hard, can they enter and then send it to me? :D They use your GT/PSN ID to verify you have the trophy, but my JP import doesn't show up on the PlayStation site at all. :(

No biggie, it's just something I think would be cool to have.

careksims

SecretBonusPoint said:
2n08ric.jpg

Think I'll definitely be picking these up, since the no doubt awesome KOTOBUKIYA statue will be crazy awesome yet crazy priced.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! I want those!!!! What Kotobukiya statue!? I don't care about the price! I always wanted Bayonetta statues!

Edit: Okay just read about the 1/6 statue. Oh man I'm so pre-ordering that baby.

Zeliard

God's Beard said:
I'm still waiting for someone to unlock Rodin without exploits or halo farming. I never got farther than 2 and a half bars on the secret boss.

Is the secret boss affected by the difficulty setting, or does he always remain at the same (apparently monstrous) difficulty? I'm assuming it's the latter since it seems like it's meant to be quite an achievement to beat him.

Roto13 said:
I thought I had to buy the Onyx Roses from the store before I could use them. I have never once used both sets at the same time. Waste of halos. :p

I love the dual Onyx Roses set up! It's great for some high damage up close if you need to keep on the move, since you can control whether an attack is fast and light damage or slower with heavy damage (i.e. shooting the guns or not). I honestly think that the combo is underrated by a lot of players.

BeautifulMemory said:
any tips for completing the missile level for the 3 hour playtime limit? My eyes hurt the last time I played.

Don't bother trying to finish that level faster. If your time is sub-20 simply focus on other levels in which you have more control. I never redid that mission.

Yeah the Jeanne figure is massively better, but I would still need the Bayonetta one as well :D No sites I know of yet (so if anyone gets the scoop, let me know!), they were only just shown fully painted at Jump Festa in December, fully poseable as well unlike the 1/6 statue of which we have no images of yet other than the info that it will recreate this pose:

2qsyypg.jpg

Crazy price no doubt as per usual with Kotobukiya, while the Play Arts Kai poseable figures should be affordable. Would be cool if they both came with all their weapons, but I doubt they will.

I really like collecting models/figures of games I really felt a great attachment to. I should start a thread about the same concept one day..

Tokubetsu

"Flock off feather face" now my DMC1 flashback and nostalgia is kicking in. Something so unsettling about stuff in this game.

BeautifulMemory said:
any tips for completing the missile level for the 3 hour playtime limit? My eyes hurt the last time I played.
Dodge button makes takes some time. If you can dodge by just moving, do that, instead of just constantly tapping RT.

Also kill the bosses as fast as you can. Don't be afraid to use magic bombs, you can build up magic quickly in Witch Time.

burgerdog

God's Beard said:
Meh, got him to half a bar left and he went batshit insane on me. Once he has two bars left he starts to do another attack, a grab that is easy to avoid. Unfortunately, both times I got him to half a bar left, the grab gets powered up and he grabs you automatically. You definetely can't dodge it just by running like you could with the first version of the grab.

Aske

BeautifulMemory said:

If you have the Eternal Testimony unlocked (50 Umbran Tears of Blood; buy it for 500,000 halos in the shop), you should always wear it during this sequence. It autofills two of your magic orbs, and since these power your missiles, you can enjoy infinite heat seeking attacks which do high damage and recharge extremely quickly. It makes the level much less irritating.

Everyone wondering if the parry accessory is worth it - my vote is an emphatic yes. As someone who generally sucks at parrying in other games, it's a breeze in Bayonetta, and it's a lot of fun.

Also, you can parry fireballs and other fat projectiles with Shuraba - no accessory required.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
One thing that makes me sad about the evil rosary is the explosion really kills combos for me. I just PP'd the vestibule, but I had to do another run because I only got gold the first time in the combo area for verse 1. Unless I just need to adjust to it, I guess.

BeautifulMemory said:

You don't need to shave off every second like that, I just hit 2:56 and basically shaved the fat off of a lot of the longer stages(5, 6, 9, 10, etc). Look in the play history for levels above 20 minutes and blow through them, I didn't need to go into a lot of levels and I would especially avoid the missile and motorcycle since there's not any significant time scraping.

Fugu

This under three hour stuff is driving me nuts. The only times I have over twenty minutes are the epilogue and Chapter XIV.

That video of someone taking down the secret boss is using the super-haxorred weapon that is Pillow Talk at full charge, which just kills anything in one hit. So while impressive, I'd love to see some masochist take him on with standard weapon sets (and no Climax bracelet).

Just tried playing a couple of other action games and demos I have laying around, and they all felt empty and unfulfilling. Good chance Bayonetta has ruined other action games for me :lol

Hari Seldon

Ok stupid question. Last night I beat the mission where you unlock the panther beast form.

However today I started the next board and it requires you to go into this form to get past a door, but I forget the controls to do it lol. I thought it was to hold down RT but that didn't work. :(

NG28

Is there a way to replay single verses or anything? If I screw up on one verse and do well for the rest, will that screw with pure plat trophy?

Also, what do those
weapon specific fragrances do
I set them in the menu but don't see any changes.

Top Bottom