• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Dahbomb

Dreavus said:
It seems like it would be hard to do enough damage without using another weapon. Do you have the sword? You can "hold" punch after a sword swing to do the charge up attack, and it still only counts as one swing. I found the fire bombs from Durga to do a lot of damage as well using only a few kicks.
I actually did do the Alfheim portal later on with a different weapon I was just wondering if it was even possible to do it with the default pistols.

Zertez

Bernbaum said:
How many hearts/moon pearls are available from the Gates of Hell?

Any penalty for buying them? They almost seem too cheap.
Buy as many as you can from the GoH. They are capped and when you hit it, the store is sold out. You have to find the rest. The game takes into account the ones sold in GoH. Not sure of exact amount sold in shop though. No penalty for buying them.

Aske

Victrix said:
Not that I care about the story in this game (at all), it really falls apart when you consider there's no way that guy could seduce any woman, ever. Or get within 100 feet of them without causing screaming and fleeing.

He might have whacked a spell on her like he did with Jeanne. That, or she was really into his peacock.

danmaku said:
Thanks for the summary, now it makes "sense". :D

The story is so far beyond retarded that I'm convinced it's intentional. But it's so straight faced and most of the characters are so strong that the plot ends up feeling less like a joke and more like a flaw with the game for a lot of people - like God Hand's intentional clipping, or No More Heroes' deliberately tedious minigames.

The_Dude

Dahbomb said:
I actually did do the Alfheim portal later on with a different weapon I was just wondering if it was even possible to do it with the default pistols.
I did it with default pistols, just by doing one kick or punch on its back and keeping the button pressed until the attack was completely finished. It makes for a bad combo score, but I got a Gold overall.

Dahbomb said:
Is it possible to do the Alfheim portal where you have to beat that sub boss enemy (kind of a giant) using only like 7 kicks and 6 punches with the default pistols? I get pretty close to beating him but I can't help but think it might be easier with another weapon.

get the sword (shuraba), hold P for every hit. that does the charge slash, and if you run out of punches, just kick him to death.

btw, you can hold the charge while dodging

Dave1988

Dahbomb said:
Is it possible to do the Alfheim portal where you have to beat that sub boss enemy (kind of a giant) using only like 7 kicks and 6 punches with the default pistols? I get pretty close to beating him but I can't help but think it might be easier with another weapon.

It's possible. I did it using the PPKKK combo with Scarborough Fair.

EDIT: For those interested who Bayo's voice is - it's Hellena Taylor (as confirmed by PlatinumGamesJP).

Kishgal

Banned
Bernbaum said:
Halfway through my second play-through, and I'm still yet to try an Alfheim.

What's in 'em?
They're challenge rooms that have you perform specific tasks, and you get broken moon pearls and broken witch hearts for completing them.

Victrix

*beard*
I do have to say, that despite the awful story, her voice acting was downright great. She delivered what should have been godawful lines with flair. Bravo to her.

LiK

Victrix said:
I do have to say, that despite the awful story, her voice acting was downright great. She delivered what should have been godawful lines with flair. Bravo to her.
Yea, I disagree with reviewers who say the voice acting sucks. Everyone did a fine job. You can tell they had fun with the ridiculous dialogue. Cereza's voice was adorable too.

NinjaFusion said:
I'm not getting this game at all.... graphics are so so.... gameplay is fun but nothing to write home about... plot makes no sense.

Does it get better once you've got some of the items from later on in the game?

The most ridiculous Edge 10 ever.

Edge gave this a 10?

God bless you, Edge. You are the one true voice. May Jubelius the creator grace you.

I don't know, he had his charm. He's certainly no Enzo or whatever his name is. Possibly the worst modeled, worst voiced character ever. What was the deal with his midsection? So bizarre.

Victrix said:
Luka is one of the worst characters, EVER. Not the least bit funny or cool. He's horrible.

Well thats the point, he's the lame duck to further the female empowerment of Bayonetta. He is the Brendan Fraser to Bayonetta's Elizabeth Hurley. Although I did really like his "I'm reaaaallly beginning to hate missiles" line and his occasional "WTF!" surprised gasps at Bayo's appearances out of nowhere :lol

LiK

SecretBonusPoint said:
Well thats the point, he's the lame duck to further the female empowerment of Bayonetta. He is the Brendan Fraser to Bayonetta's Elizabeth Hurley. Although I did really like his "I'm reaaaallly beginning to hate missiles" line and his occasional "WTF!" surprised gasps at Bayo's appearances out of nowhere :lol
Very true, Luka is a real pussy.

Facism

When the combat clicks, by god it clicks on a level seen in DMC3. You fly about everywhere, brapping fools and merc'in G's whilst mixing in taunts and humiliation moves, all whilst taking no damage.

Cheshire was supposed to be a douche.

just like how Bayonetta is supposed to be hypersexualized, Beldr was supposed to be Bowie, Rodin is supposed to be cool, and Enzo is supposed to be comic relief

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I unlocked Jeanne via the cheat code. When will I be able to use her?

Zeliard

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but man, the Shuraba & Kilgore combo is beautiful.

Can't wait till I unlock the nunchucks as well.

alexel said:
Is there a way to throw away the temporary weapons you pick up off enemies before they wear out normally?

Click the left stick in.

Zeliard

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Edit: Oh, and just found out how glorious Odette is last night. *Swoon*

I have Odette on the feet on my second weapon set with the Durgas. It's nice. Probably gonna combo Odette up with the nunchucks when I unlock those, for some awesome speed.

Miburou

Regarding the last boss fight
when the creator is almost dead, you trigger a climax move and she does this move where her hair extends and you can ride on it. I wasn't able to dodge the hand swipes consistently on both my playthroughs, and I would fall down and the boss's life would replenish, after which I just depleted its HP as usual and triggered the 2nd climax move. What happens if you dodge the swipes and get up close to it? Is there any extra cut-scene?

LiK

Miburou said:
Regarding the last boss fight
when the creator is almost dead, you trigger a climax move and she does this move where her hair extends and you can ride on it. I wasn't able to dodge the hand swipes consistently on both my playthroughs, and I would fall down and the boss's life would replenish, after which I just depleted its HP as usual and triggered the 2nd climax move. What happens if you dodge the swipes and get up close to it? Is there any extra cut-scene?
You simply run close to her head, beat her head a few times and do a Climax that wraps her up in your hair which takes off more life. It's pretty cool looking.

hamchan

Just finished it. This game is easily a GOTY contender.
The fake credits was hilarious. I was like "WTF" when it appeared. The real credits was more like what I was expecting.

Also tried hard mode. Holy hell, those red and blue claw dudes freaking destroy me.

LiK

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Has someone been looking up Bayonetta Douijins? :lol

Seriously though Lik, I can't handle your avatar not being Poison Ivy.
Hah, I did a random search online cuz I wanted a quick Bayo avatar. I didn't save the pic tho so no larger version.

Ivy will return soon, I guess she's my main avatar now :lol

viewtiful_dru said:
Cheshire was supposed to be a douche.

just like how Bayonetta is supposed to be hypersexualized, Beldr was supposed to be Bowie, Rodin is supposed to be cool, and Enzo is supposed to be comic relief

"Marsellus Wallace Hell Version" is way beyond just "cool".

Dina

Holy Order Sol said:
"Marsellus Wallace Hell Version" is way beyond just "cool".

In a way that "what are ya buying" is way beyond creepy. The character is okay, but since he's a shopkeeper he's just a cardboard bartender shouting SEGA-themed oneliners.

Zeliard

LiK said:
I got the Kilgores during my second playthrough andi might be the only guy here who doesn't like them.

Well, they're definitely very different from the other weapons, especially the timing on them. But while they're slow, they're also very powerful, and they go really nicely with a fast weapon like the Shuraba. With those two you've got a nice mix of speed and power, and probably the best weave attacks in the game (outside of the god-tier hidden weapons, I assume) and access to some devastating combos.

LiK

Zeliard said:
Well, they're definitely very different from the other weapons, especially the timing on them. But while they're slow, they're also very powerful, and they go really nicely with a fast weapon like the Shuraba. With those two you've got a nice mix of speed and power, and probably the best weave attacks in the game (outside of the god-tier hidden weapons, I assume) and access to some devastating combos.
Yea, I like playing with speed so I guess I'll practice with the kilgores and see if I can get used to them. They def feel powerful already when I tested them out.

Zertez said:
The game picks up with each chapter. As you progress and get more weapons, techniques and accessories the combat is very deep. I have played through the game multiple times and I'm still finding new ways to kill things in style.

I shall persevere!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I am loving this game as much as (if not more than) I had hoped. Disappointed that the PAL PS3 version didn’t get the attention it needed (load times, etc.), but still enjoying it thoroughly.

Besides the awesome combat, music, sound, voice, and general OTT cheesy action, I’m a sucker for the little references to previous Clover/Capcom games. You notice so many as you progress!

Sorry if old, but there’s one in particular that had me rollin’; a random line from Rodin at the Gates of Hell… It’s so great that I’m gonna spoiler tag it, but those of you who’ve encountered it will know what I’m talking about:
”Hey, check this out… What’re ya buyin’? Heh heh, heard it in a game once.”
:lol

Also, I swear at one point quite early on, Bayonetta yells “Henshin a-go-go, baby!”

Who else is having a good time with the injokes? *Party*

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Chamber said:
I failed on the disappearing platforms so much that the game just gave it to me.

Smh...

In chapter 15? You found those hard??

Yesssss, found the last treasure chest I needed! Was in Broken Sky behind a door I had no idea could be broken down. 49/50 fucccck yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. Think I'll leave an Infinite Climax run until another time, something to look forward to!

Top Bottom