• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Chamber

love on your sleeve
thetrin said:
In chapter 15? You found those hard??
As a matter of fact I'm still stuck. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Every time I jump the camera slides down and I fall.

Roto13

NinjaFusion said:
I'm not getting this game at all.... graphics are so so.... gameplay is fun but nothing to write home about... plot makes no sense.

Does it get better once you've got some of the items from later on in the game?

The most ridiculous Edge 10 ever.
Clearly.

Can we just get things straight, regarding the 10 from Edge.

To those who do not "get it", Bayonetta belongs to a particular genre. It is a genre that is only populated by very few games, compared to the FPS genre, which is populated by hundreds.

Bayonetta is as good as you can get in the genre that it belongs to. That is why it has received a 10. Bayonetta did not receive a 10 for being the most exciting shoot em up ever. Or whatever else you expected.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Fimbulvetr said:
Maybe he's trying to run on the walls that don't have Lumen symbols on them.
No, I'm not. Literally, I jump in the air and begin to fall. It's like I have no chance. I'm watching video walkthroughs and I really don't understand it.

EDIT - FINALLY. FUCK!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dabookerman said:
Can we just get things straight, regarding the 10 from Edge.

To those who do not "get it", Bayonetta belongs to a particular genre. It is a genre that is only populated by very few games, compared to the FPS genre, which is populated by hundreds.

Bayonetta is as good as you can get in the genre that it belongs to. That is why it has received a 10. Bayonetta did not receive a 10 for being the most exciting shoot em up ever. Or whatever else you expected.

Every time you post something new, I like you more.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Chamber said:
I didn't even know there was something lower than the Bronze award. I'm never replaying that chapter again.

Did you remember to pick up the last notebook and Umbra resting place? :lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
thetrin said:
Did you remember to pick up the last notebook and Umbra resting place? :lol

2prd4xx.jpg

burgerdog

ShockingAlberto said:
Getting to ten million halos is kind of a pain
Check YouTube. You can get over 10 million halos in 5 minutes.

Ooooh man, I went back to play the god of war 3 demo and kratos felt stiff. I am getting that game day one, but I'll probably need to stop playing bayonetta one month in advance.

Roto13

ShockingAlberto said:
oh wow

people weren't understating the hidden boss
Yeah. I didn't have a whole lot of trouble with the other bosses (especially the human ones) so I figured that boss would be tough but not impossible. Then he hit me once and I lost one of my two life bars. That was the first hit in a combo.

I'm not even going to try.

vermadas

I had some weird ass camera glitch at that same part in Chapter 15. The camera would zoom out indefinitely unless it ran into an obstacle. It would zoom out so far, I could see the whole 3D model of the island on my screen :lol If I fell it reset though. I think I may have triggered it by using panther form at the top of the tower before you advance up the disappearing platforms.

I finished the game on normal last night. The epilogue was pretty epic. Overall, the game was great. The combat in the game is mind-blowingly good. The cut scenes were way too frequent and were often way too long. QTE deaths are some stupid shit. Torture/climax attacks where you mash a button repeatedly are aggravating. Motorcycle / missile sections weren't that bad but they lasted way too long. I just wanted to get through them as fast as possible so I could get back to chopping up angels. Also, fuck the part in chapter 15 where you have to use the turrets, died on that part way too many times.

I'll be replaying lots of chapters for the broken pearls/hearts, alfheims, and LP pieces I missed, then I'll consider tackling hard mode if I'm not burnt out on the game before then.

pmj

Relaxed Muscle said:
Damn my import copy didn't arrived yet, I'm so jealous of all of you!! damn you all!!
I'm waiting too, for my Climax Edition from play.com.

I doubt I'll ever get it, it's been too long now.

Roto13 said:
Yeah. I didn't have a whole lot of trouble with the other bosses (especially the human ones) so I figured that boss would be tough but not impossible. Then he hit me once and I lost one of my two life bars. That was the first hit in a combo.

I'm not even going to try.
I got it down to two life bars and then he just went nuts

XenoRaven

vermadas said:
Also, fuck the part in chapter 15 where you have to use the turrets, died on that part way too many times.
You can dodge out of the turrets if a shot is coming at you which activates Witch Time. I hope you knew that. >_>

XenoRaven said:
You can dodge out of the turrets if a shot is coming at you which activates Witch Time. I hope you knew that. >_>
You can also shoot the missiles

Also if you tap X super rapidly, you can stop him from even launching missiles by making him stagger constantly.

vermadas

XenoRaven said:

I knew you could shoot the missiles but I did not know you could activate WT off of them while in the turret. Damn. Also, can you dodge the big beam attack in the turret? Seems like every time I tried I got toasted instead, but it could be my timing was off. The first few times I failed I started second guessing and trying other things which didn't work (shooting him in the face to interrupt it, jumping out instead of dodging, etc...)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
vermadas said:
I had some weird ass camera glitch at that same part in Chapter 15. The camera would zoom out indefinitely unless it ran into an obstacle. It would zoom out so far, I could see the whole 3D model of the island on my screen :lol If I fell it reset though. I think I may have triggered it by using panther form at the top of the tower before you advance up the disappearing platforms.
Pretty much. I understood the platforming aspect but the camera just made it way more maddening than it should it have been.

That aside, this is probably my favorite action game this side of ZOE2 and DMC1. My only real issue with the game is dying when I set the controller down at a QTE segment. Level and enemy designs were a real a joy, the combat is insane, and the boss fights have to be some of the best ever (Chapter XIV, wow).

LiK

gawd, i did the Alfheims outta order. now i have to revisit all the Alfheims just to see if i completed them or not :(

XenoRaven

vermadas said:
I knew you could shoot the missiles but I did not know you could activate WT off of them while in the turret. Damn. Also, can you dodge the big beam attack in the turret? Seems like every time I tried I got toasted instead, but it could be my timing was off. The first few times I failed I started second guessing and trying other things which didn't work (shooting him in the face to interrupt it, jumping out instead of dodging, etc...)
I don't think you can dodge the giant beam attack. I tried once and then every time he would do it after I would try to knock him out of it before he did it, or I would run like a little girl and hide in the corner.

Zeliard

I'm gonna gun for the nunchucks when I get home, which requires clearing 100 chapters.

Is there any way to keep track of how many you've cleared so far?

Roto13

LiK said:
gawd, i did the Alfheims outta order. now i have to revisit all the Alfheims just to see if i completed them or not :(
Yeah, that's one thing that kind of bugged me. It didn't keep track of what you're missing in each level. So many stories of people missing one heart piece and not knowing where it is. :p

At least the Tears of Blood are recorded.

Minamu

How do I finish Verse 8, on chapter 9, I believe? The one with the golem as the final boss. Verse 8 is 3 Joys but I managed to get to Verse 9 without a points screen :(

NIN90

LiK said:

Just look under "Play History" (RB or R1 on the chapter menu)
There you can see which Verses you haven't completed yet.

LiK

NIN90 said:
Just look under "Play History" (RB or R1 on the chapter menu)
There you can see which Verses you haven't completed yet.

huh? i completed Normal and Hard already. it shows info about the Alfheims? i'll check.

LiK said:
huh? i completed Normal and Hard already. it shows info about the Alfheims? i'll check.

It doesn't explicitly state which verses they are, but if you've missed any verses, it's likely they're alfheims or hidden verses that lead to alfheims.

Daigoro

i beat normal and started a game on hard today. wow.

this game is amazing. the Moon of whatchamacallit is awesome! Hard is badass.

mikeGFG

Banned
Jesus Christ. the Alfheims on Infinity Climax do not fuck around.

I thought two Jeannes at once the worst it could get, then I did the first Alfheim in Chapter 10:

Defeat 16 Angels, 2 Grace/Glory, and 2 Joys using only Wicked Weave attacks. (and no witch-time obv).

I love this game.

Zeliard

Roto13 said:
They unlock two game-winning accessories. :p

Ah!

How useful are those four (?) hidden accessories anyway? All the accessories I ever hear anyone talk about are the ones that are available from the start.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I went back and played a few chapters of Devil May Cry 1(never beat it).

In a word: Yikes.
This game has not aged well at all.

I don't know about the gameplay, which is probably odd now (triangle to jump?), but I watched a youtube of some DMC 1 gameplay out of nostalgic curiosity recently and was surprised at how nice it still looked graphically.

Minamu

lol I just read that it's possible to redo verses without restarting the whole chapter :lol Just choose exit to title screen while the result screen is still visible 6 choose continue & you'll be back at the start of that verse :D A lot faster than restarting the whole chapter at least. Will have to try this tomorrow. Read it on gamefaqs so take it with a grain of salt I suppose :p

Also, is there a Pure Platinum statue available after the ordinary Platinum statue at the end of the chapters?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Minamu said:
Also, is there a Pure Platinum statue available after the ordinary Platinum statue at the end of the chapters?

Yup, it's Bayonetta standing upright holding a purple moon sliver.

Some of the alfheim triggers are downright dickish

One involves destroying a random out of the way trashcan

Another involves BEATING THE BOSS and not walking the two inches in to the exit, but instead heading back as far as you can possibly go

Yet another involves destroying a wall that doesn't look breakable and using making a long distance jump - if you fail the jump, there is no way to get back up without restarting the long and difficult chapter

Korey

ShockingAlberto said:
Some of the alfheim triggers are downright dickish

One involves destroying a random out of the way trashcan

Another involves BEATING THE BOSS and not walking the two inches in to the exit, but instead heading back as far as you can possibly go

Yet another involves destroying a wall that doesn't look breakable and using making a long distance jump - if you fail the jump, there is no way to get back up without restarting the long and difficult chapter
I always figured these are what guides are good for, and they extend the replayability of the game. It's not like the chapters are that long. After my first playthrough I was happy to go back and get a few alfheims a day.

Mike G.E.D. said:
Jesus Christ. the Alfheims on Infinity Climax do not fuck around.

I thought two Jeannes at once the worst it could get, then I did the first Alfheim in Chapter 10:

Defeat 16 Angels, 2 Grace/Glory, and 2 Joys using only Wicked Weave attacks. (and no witch-time obv).

I love this game.

I'm pretty sure the enemies are the same on hard as they are infinite climax, they just have more health/damage and only bracelet of time can trigger WT.

One trick I like to use with the 'Use Wicked Weave' alfheims is equip the Eternal Testimony and mix in <- -> P or K attacks which take 3 magic. They are fast and work well mixed up with the standard PKP. Also, using PKP with a charged Pillow Talk is a good way to obliterate large groups of enemies.

Another trick - you can charge your Pillow Talk then walk into an alfheim fully charged.

Top Bottom