• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bebpo is crazy, 360 has risen to the heavens and MC Data is out for the week

So uhh...how about them sales, hunh? Pretty uhh... pretty good. Yes? Man, the NPD is going to make this place detonate in a way none could ever predict.

Meier

Disappointing no doubt. Pretty crazy how different these are than the rumored Enterbrain numbers, that's for sure.

Branduil

shidoshi said:
You "OMG if you own a Wii you HAVE to own Zelda" people are getting really f**king annoying. Not everybody cares about the game, christ.

misono.gif

Haunted

shidoshi said:
You "OMG if you own a Wii you HAVE to own Zelda" people are getting really f**king annoying. Not everybody cares about the game, christ.

you haven't said that before...

Pellham

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Hmm, should have done better. :\
Actually everything below Wario should have done better. Odd sales...

Given the sales of the top 3 games and tie ratios, it sounds like everyone bought either Wii Play + Wii Sports or one of the two + Zelda, or just one of the three, etc., with mostly only hardcore gamers getting any other game.

I am sure sales of all games besides the Nintendo ones will go up somewhat next week.

And i'm not surprised @ Zelda sales given its mostly nongamers and parents buying the Wii.

duckroll

This news just came in from an urgent news source:

Statistics show that 99.8% of Christians will go to heaven. The majority of Christianity is based in the Western nations, like America and the European nations. Missionaries have spread the religion to places as far as Asia, including India, although its acceptance in Japan is still limited. The Xbox360 is the best selling next-generation console in America, Europe, many parts of Asia and even India. Unfortunately its acceptance in Japan is still limited.

CO-INCIDENCE?! I THINK NOT!

apujanata

pol's voice said:
I don't see what all the outcry over Zelda sales is, it sold 140k in two days. That's very good.

For your information, Zelda : TWW sold 287K in three days : Dec 13 - 15 2002 (Famitsu) and 294K in those same three days (launch week for the game), according to Dengeki. I don't have M-create figure for it.

Therefore, TP is not doing well (compared to TWW). And TWW really does not have legs, since the total sales is 657K, or 45% of the total LTD sales are sold in the first week (which is 3 days).

For the people saying that the data is only for two days sales, remember that the sales is on Dec 2, and for two days sales, it consist of Dec 2 & Dec 3, which also means that the two days sales are the launch week sales, since all tracker track sales from Monday to Sunday, every week.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bebpo said:
Uh, Culdcept just did 25k last week and [EM] did like 40k back when released with an even smaller userbase.

And if you hadn't noticed most of your favorite PS2 rpg series are doing about 50k at the start and have no legs. If these same franchises are doing 25k on a system with an install base of 1:100th or something of the PS2; what happens when the install base grows? When X360 rpgs start doing 50-100k first week...it'll be almost identical to the PS2 sales and only have room to grow unlike the PS2.
I dont understand how ~20k copies is suddenly very well...

japanese 3rd parties are suddenly going to flock to 360 because the games are selling ~20k copies on a system with a small fanbase completely ignoring the fact that there are other consoles with a much bigger fanbase thus increasing the chances of a game selling well? seriously dude Im going to go crazy here trying to understands your 'facts'

I know duckroll is doing this for shits and giggles but you seem to genuiely believe what you are posting.

koam

apujanata said:
For your information, Zelda : TWW sold 287K in three days : Dec 13 - 15 2002 (Famitsu) and 294K in those same three days (launch week for the game), according to Dengeki. I don't have M-create figure for it.

Therefore, TP is not doing well (compared to TWW). And TWW really does not have legs, since the total sales is 657K, or 45% of the total LTD sales are sold in the first week (which is 3 days).

Uhh.. you obviously took into account the userbase of the wii and gamecube.. Good job.

Ashodin

Error2k4 said:
I dont understand how ~20k copies is suddenly very well...

japanese 3rd parties are suddenly going to flock to 360 because the games are selling ~20k copies on a system with a small fanbase completely ignoring the fact that there are other consoles with a much bigger fanbase thus increasing the chances of a game selling well? seriously dude Im going to go crazy here trying to understands your 'facts'

I know duckroll is doing this for shits and giggles but you seem to genuiely believe what you are posting.
HE'S FOLLOWING THE LORD AND SAVIOR

apujanata said:

For the people saying that the data is only for two days sales, remember that the sales is on Dec 2, and for two days sales, it consist of Dec 2 & Dec 3, which also means that the two days sales are the launch week sales, since all tracker track sales from Monday to Sunday, every week.

I agree that Zelda TW sales are low. Maybe teh Japaneses think it looks too much like Zelda 64? Or sees it as a ura Zelda or Zelda gaiden...

Fio

Hey dudes, leave that nonsense theories and hilarious and far from reallity posts to us, the juniors.

duckroll

Error2k4 said:

I take OFFENCE! Does Thou not believe that the ONE TRUE WAY to Heaven is through the SAN (mountain, representing the earth), the ROKU (rock, representing a hard path) and the MARU (holy egg representing that all sales came from 0 and will go back to 0)?! GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN! :eek:

cvxfreak

Terrell said:
And to think... GAF accuses GameFAQs and the IGN boards of being spastic and insanely stupid. Craziness.

I think the GameFAQs thread is pretty civilized in comparison. :lol

Krowley

apujanata said:

gamecube userbase was much bigger at that point... TWW was not a launch game.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
koam said:
Uhh.. you obviously took into account the userbase of the wii and gamecube.. Good job.

Square2005 said:
I agree that Zelda TW sales are low. Maybe teh Japaneses think it looks too much like Zelda 64? Or sees it as a ura Zelda or Zelda gaiden...

headachemannp8.jpg

Ginko

lol @ thread change.

You know, the problem is that a lot of people don't get the idea about the "userbase" that Bebpo is trying to explain. BD will expand the userbase, it will sell very good, it's possible that it will hit the top5 charts, we'll have to wait for next week to see if this is true though. And no that doesn't make the 360 the next PS2, it just gives the 360 a push and a help to get out of its hole in Japan.

And yeah, this thread is just crazy.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Where is these supposedly great 360 sales #s?? I can't find them in this thread.

confused.gif

Error

duckroll said:
I take OFFENCE! Does Thou not believe that the ONE TRUE WAY to Heaven is through the SAN (mountain, representing the earth), the ROKU (rock, representing a hard path) and the MARU (holy egg representing that all sales came from 0 and will go back to 0)?! GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN! :eek:
:lol what have you done!? look at this thread :(

duckroll

Ginko said:
lol @ thread change.

You know, the problem is that a lot of people don't get the idea about the "userbase" that Bebpo is trying to explain. BD will expand the userbase, it will sell very good, it's possible that it will hit the top5 charts, we'll have to wait for next week to see if this is true though. And no that doesn't make the 360 the next PS2, it just gives the 360 a push and a help to get out of its hole in Japan.

ANOTHER WILL BE SAVED TODAY? ANYMORE? WILL THERE BE ANYMORE SOULS WELCOMED INTO THE LORD'S KINGDOM THIS DAY? KNOCK AND THE DOOR SHALL BE OPENED ONTO YOU, SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND!

Defcon

Banned
I haven't read much of this thread, but what is this shit about Blue Dragon saving the 360 in Japan and the system going on to be a 3rd party leader.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

john tv

Bebpo said:
For $300, Japanese gamers can get Wii + Zelda

For $300, Japanese gamers can get X360 + Blue Dragon

Going from these early sales, Zelda obviously isn't FF/DQ level of selling power. So what happens if BD is? :O

Next week's sales numbers will be VERY, VERY interesting.
You, my friend, are off your rocker. :)

Blue Dragon is out here in two days and you can STILL walk up to any shop and slap down a preorder for the BD Core Pack w/LE figures and faceplate.

Is it going to sell better than any previous X360 game to date? Absolutely.
Is it going to push hardware sales more than any previous X360 game to date? Absolutely.
Is it going to "save" X360 in Japan? Not a chance.

Zelda sold to almost 40% of the people who bought a Wii according to those numbers. That's phenomenal, considering the audience they're marketing to here (mostly non-gamers). And comparing Zelda to DQ/FF is kinda silly; Zelda has never had DQ/FF's level of selling power in Japan.

BTW, let me fix your first two lines there:

For $300, Japanese gamers can (not find) Wii + Zelda (anywhere, because it's completely sold out)

For $300, Japanese gamers can get X360 + Blue Dragon (pretty much anywhere, because everybody's got tons of preorders left)

Fair comparison? Hmm...

Yamauchi

Banned
I was worried when I read the thread title as well. Then I came in and saw someone bragging about 25k sales for a 360 game, and I knew all was right with the world.

Error

Ginko said:
lol @ thread change.

even so it's still crazy thinking, he is saying that just because a bunch of games consisting of minigames flopped, 3rd parties games sell like crap on Wii. there isnt a single high profile 3rd party game on Wii's line up right now it's just a bunch of minigames and glorified tech demos call me back when a high profile 3rd party game on Wii bombs then he'll have a point.

bigger fanbase=increases a game chances of performing well on the sales chart. sorry but 20k copies on the week a game launched is a bomb sorry. maybe the situation of the Xbox brand in japan is so bad that now a game that does over 20k (the week it launched) in the system is considered a success if so then my bad for not getting that memo

Ginko

duckroll said:
ANOTHER WILL BE SAVED TODAY? ANYMORE? WILL THERE BE ANYMORE SOULS WELCOMED INTO THE LORD'S KINGDOM THIS DAY? KNOCK AND THE DOOR SHALL BE OPENED ONTO YOU, SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND!
God damn, duckroll:lol

Top Bottom