• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bebpo is crazy, 360 has risen to the heavens and MC Data is out for the week

Kevtones

Wii triples Xbox 360 LTD in two days (versus a year) and this has turned into some revalatory Blue Dragon saviour thread? Only on GAF :lol :lol :lol

Tarazet

I'm stoked for Blue Dragon. See the avatar? But I'll bet a week's ban that Xbox 360 will not outsell PS2 this week. You can't buy momentum - it's something that just happens.

apujanata

Unison said:
Let's not forget that Wii is now officially the #1 next-gen console in Japan.

Let's let that soak in for a while.

:D

While that is true NOW, the big question is : How long it will last ?

moku said:
Okay(Not yelling at you)

THESE ARE TWO DAY SALES,NOT A FULL WEEK, OR EVEN 5 DAYS. 2 DAYS OF SALES

Goodlord, you'd think people would get this by now?

No offense, but the same thing was thrown at the PS3 and its games.
Deal.

Mato

Sup, what did I miss?

Is it true? What they say is true? 360 has risen to the heavens?

The way I see it, the problem with Zelda sales compared to the other two games is, that it gives Nintendo no reason to go on making expensive masterpieces. If they can makes so much money with cheap games like sports and play, they will think twice before investing in another big Zelda.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I suspect Bebpo is a joke character.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I suspect Bebpo is a joke character.

Ashodin

Y2Kevbug11 said:
you missed some entertaining shit
NO DOUBT
974capture_friday04.jpg

DAAAAAAAMN to this thread

duderon said:
They're not here, Bebpo lost them :(

Are you talking about... these?

marbles.jpg

EDIT:

duckroll said:
ANOTHER WILL BE SAVED TODAY? ANYMORE? WILL THERE BE ANYMORE SOULS WELCOMED INTO THE LORD'S KINGDOM THIS DAY? KNOCK AND THE DOOR SHALL BE OPENED ONTO YOU, SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND!

I made tea go all over the floor. :lol :lol :lol :(

Ginko

Error2k4 said:
even so it's still crazy thinking, he is saying that just because a bunch of games consisting of minigames flopped, 3rd parties games sell like crap on Wii. there isnt a single high profile 3rd party game on Wii's line up right now it's just a bunch of minigames and glorified tech demos call me back when a high profile 3rd party game on Wii bombs then he'll have a point.

bigger fanbase=increases a game chances of performing well on the sales chart. sorry but 20k copies on the week a game launched is a bomb sorry. maybe the situation of the Xbox brand in japan is so bad that now a game that does over 20k (the week it launched) in the system is considered a success if so then my bad for not getting that memo
I don't know what game you're talking about that sold 20k in its launch, but that doesn't matter.For example, let's say you have two systems. Userbase of 10 people for system 1, and for system 2 you have a userbase of 30 people. You release a game on both of them, system 1 sells 7 units and system 2 sells 10 units, system 1 wins if you take the userbase into consideration. However, it's true that that doesn't matter much in the grand scheme. The point is that BD is going to expand the userbase, by how much? You're gonna have to wait for next week numbers. And expanding the userbase is the title's goal.

mj1108

:lol :lol :lol

Oh dear god.....if this thread is this entertaining we just may crash the internets with the November NPD. :lol

ethelred

The really important question is "What the hell is lower than RPG Tutorial Boss?" Because I kinda think Beb's due another demotion after this sorry spectacle...

MOTHER-EFFIN TUTORIAL BOSS LACKEY?

MOTHER-EFFIN RANDOM SLIME ENCOUNTER?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ethelred said:
The really important question is "What the hell is lower than RPG Tutorial Boss?" Because I kinda think Beb's due another demotion after this sorry spectacle...

MOTHA****IN' XENOSAGA BIBLICAL ALLUSION

duckroll

ethelred said:

You know that feeling when you have a really good friend that you want to save from the depths of hell, but no matter what he just won't accept the Savior? And in the end you know it's fated that he'll die and not join you in your proper place in Paradise?

Yeah, I'm sorry ethelred, you don't make the cut for the HEAVENS. :(

T_T

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Ginko said:
I don't know what game you're talking about that sold 20k in its launch, but that doesn't matter.For example, let's say you have two systems. Userbase of 10 people for system 1, and for system 2 you have a userbase of 30 people. You release a game on both of them, system 1 sells 7 units and system 2 sells 10 units, system 1 wins if you take the userbase into consideration. However, it's true that that doesn't matter much in the grand scheme. The point is that BD is going to expand the userbase, by how much? You're gonna have to wait for next week numbers. And expanding the userbase is the title's goal.
Im not talking about any game that 20k is an ~ of what 'successful' 3rd party games sell the week they are launched on 360.

I dont see the japanese 3rd parties taking that risk for the points I already discussed in my previous posts. (higher fanbase=more chances of game selling better etc...)

I do believe BD is going to sell some 360s but I dont believe it's suddenly going to make it reach PS2 levels.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
MOTHA****IN' XENOSAGA BIBLICAL ALLUSION

I came up with "mother effin' UNLIMITED SAGA RANDOM ENCOUNTER MONSTER" but that's mean :(

duckroll said:
Yeah, I'm sorry ethelred, you don't make the cut for the HEAVENS. :(

Aren't the two of you going to be lonely up there all alone? Or did you indoctrinate some cute Japanese girls while we weren't looking?

duckroll

ethelred said:
MOTHER-EFFIN TUTORIAL BOSS LACKEY?

MOTHER-EFFIN RANDOM SLIME ENCOUNTER?

Slimes are sooooooooo 1980s. Meet the new true icon of JRPG gaming for the next decade.

Akira Toriyama presents............

POOP-SNAKE

04.gif

Aren't the two of you going to be lonely up there all alone? Or did you indoctrinate some cute Japanese girls while we weren't looking?

Many others in this thread have accepted their LORD AND SAVIOR and have been SAVED. What will YOU do when you're face to face with Saint Moore at the pearly gates and he asks you "Why did you reject salvation?".

Don't make this mistake! BE REDEMNED TODAY!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
OK a couple things

360 software sells relatively well because a new game comes out every 3 months or so, they have nothing else to play. Also the select few that actually own 360s here are diehard fans, these are hardcore fanboys here. The DS and the PS2 userbases are not made up of hardcore gamers. If BD takes off and makes the 360 huge, you will see the same thing, this is how the JPN market works.

I bet you ryu ga kotoku 2 destroys BD in sales. There is a buzz for BD, but I doubt it's the kind of buzz that will translate into super sales. Just to give some anecdotal evidence, my male students know of blue dragon, and they want to play it, but if i ask them "you want a 360?" "eh, not really." is what they will say. They all want PS3s. Only one kid in my school owns a 360 and he's a super hardcore otaku.

If BD takes off, it will be a slow burn, I'm guessing around 100,000k first week and who knows from there.

What the **** happened in this thread anyway.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
So ... Bebpo, hold on (jumping back - i was in a meeting)...

the Wii doesn't have the same momentum of the DS based on numbers (which look damned impressive to me) ... ?

i was actually talking about the type of games selling and the people who they are selling to. It's the same situation as the DS - if anything 'gamers' are in the minority because it seems pretty much everyone wants a Wii.

you know what though - MS might just have ended up with the right strategy by default - it wasn't a case of getting out before the PS3, it looks like they lucked out and got out before the real 'daddy' (Wii).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
duckroll said:
Slimes are sooooooooo 1980s. Meet the new true icon of JRPG gaming for the next decade.

POOP-SNAKE

04.gif

:lol

Ginko

Error2k4 said:
Im not talking about any game that 20k is an ~ of what 'successful' 3rd party games sell the week they are launched on 360.

I dont see the japanese 3rd parties taking that risk for the points I already discussed in my previous posts. (higher fanbase=more chances of game selling better etc...)

I do believe BD is going to sell some 360s but I dont believe it's suddenly going to make it reach PS2 levels.

PS2 levels are nearly impossible at this point. You first start with a decent push (BD), after that it's all up to MS if they can push even further and compete with big numbers.

DCharlie said:
So ... Bebpo, hold on (jumping back - i was in a meeting)...

the Wii doesn't have the same momentum of the DS based on numbers (which look damned impressive to me) ... ?

i was actually talking about the type of games selling and the people who they are selling to. It's the same situation as the DS - if anything 'gamers' are in the minority because it seems pretty much everyone wants a Wii.

you know what though - MS might just have ended up with the right strategy by default - it wasn't a case of getting out before the PS3, it looks like they lucked out and got out before the real 'daddy' (Wii).

That's interesting. Never thought about it like that

Haunted

duckroll said:

POOP-SNAKE

04.gif

is its mouth where I think it is?

cvxfreak

Ginko said:
PS2 levels are nearly impossible at this point. You first start with a decent push (BD), after that it's all up to MS if they can push even further and compete with big numbers.

I personally wouldn't have disagreed if Bebpo said the 360 could become the next Dreamcast. PS2 is just pushing it. Not even GBA could do that with Pokemon.

duckroll

cvxfreak said:
I personally wouldn't have disagreed if Bebpo said the 360 could become the next Dreamcast. PS2 is just pushing it. Not even GBA could do that with Pokemon.

But don't you want to be SAVED? Is it so much to ask for you to cast off petty material things like opinions and logic just to have your own place in Paradise?! :D

{Mike}

Banned
Hey guys I just thought I'd hop in this thread and add that there will be at least 10 Wii Sports games made for the Wii aha ^_^ I just hope that does not mean, because easy cash can be made with ridiculously low-budget titles, we won't see many high-profile games. I mean, 5 sports on a disc is a joke. We are in the year 2006 and they could cram like 20+ of these mini-games on a single disc.

Top Bottom