• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
I remember when everyone called Nolan stupid for casting Heath Ledger as Joker.

How about we wait and see how this plays out.

Kobe24

BruceWayneMK.jpg

I guess I watched a different set of Baleman movies.... Dude was not bad, but, eh.

I remember when everyone called Nolan stupid for casting Heath Ledger as Joker.

How about we wait and see how this plays out.
that was like 1,000 internet years ago, nobody will remember that.

Effect

So many people on so many forums are stuck in 2003 with all the negative Daredevil comments. In fact I think some of them have accounts in various places as some of the comments are very similar. Even then Ben Affleck wasn't the bad in that film. It he was one of the better things about it but that was 10 years ago. Some people really need to grow up.

witness

I am very excited for his, most likely, directed Batman solo film. He can do very tense and suspenseful films (look at Argo and The Town) so I am excited to see what he comes up with.

Reading that press release it also sounds like he will have a lot of say over the creation and direction of this Batman which can only be a good thing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is interesting to say the least. Makes no sense to me.

Edit:

Atilac said:
Jim Caviezel or Karl Urban, or if they had the balls, Idris Elba

Wait--Affleck is 1000 times better than this insanity.

the Heath Ledger bump was made to raise a good point. In no fucking point did that seem like a good idea, and just like in this thread everyone hated it too, but lo and behold he killed that part and elevated to level even today people don't think anyone can touch.

Maybe guys.....just maybe, we should put our pitch forks down until we see the actual movie (because not even the trailer for TDK convinced me)

I'm just sayin, Ben might be able to pull this off

Give the guy a chance.

I laughed my ass off when I heard Ledger was going to be Joker and ate a banquet hall feast full of crow afterwards.

Jarmel

Banned
How did he get the role? That's my main question. He must have been more expensive than some of the other picks and has baggage.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
^^^^^ this is the main thing I don't understand

HAHAHA, what's next, Matt Damon as Robin?

Damn you! Now I want this. How young could Damon pull off? Or they could just have an older Robin. Get that Adam West - Burt Ward dynamic going again :p

cdkee

Banned
According to Google Affleck is 6'4". How you going to have Batman be taller than Superman?! Lol, Cavill is 6'2" I believe.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What the hell? Though my biggest issue is Batman and Superman at the same time. I feel Batman is best kept separate from the other DC Heroes, I mean he's an ANT compared to Superman lol.

Casting couch.

Edit: He slept with the producer!?

Edit #2: Hey quick edit works again!

smr00

Banned
Jim Caviezel or Karl Urban, or if they had the balls, Idris Elba
Not one fucking person on this planet wanted Karl Urban as Batman until they saw Dredd. Just because he does a stone cold gravely voice doesn't make him a good batman. He would make for a shitty bruce wayne. I am ok with Ben because he makes for a fantastic bruce and if he bulks up he will be fine as Batman.

1) Snyder isn't as good of a director as Nolan.
2) Affleck isn't good at acting in anything he isn't directing.
I thought Man of Steel, Dawn of the Dead and 300 was fantastic.

Also, Affleck isn't good at acting in anything he isn't directing? The Company Men, State of Play, Hollywoodland and To the Wonder. He is a perfectly fine actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom