• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

I dont see what's so bad about Affleck. The best part about this is that hopefully he will have some say in the actual direction of the movie, or maybe even direct the solo Batman films. Affleck can keep Snyder more grounded.

gdt

The only reason I could think he got the role was Warner was absolutely desperate for a good director for the new Batman movies and JL, and Affleck would only agree if he played Batman.

Bahahahha. More like Ben wants a blank check from WB, so tit for tat.

Reboot as well. The Batman in Man of Steel 2 is suppose to be the one that is going to be apart of the rest of the DC cinematic universe. The Batman reboot is suppose to be apart of that not separate the way the Nolan films were. That's my understanding.

Fine. Let him direct the reboot, too.

Daredevil is Batman... lol smh will wait to fully judge, but smh

Thankfully Cavill is still Supes.

Yes, Ben Affleck in 2003 was shit. No one denies that. But over the course of a decade actors can improve. It happens often.

Also, just sounds like a lot of people are bitter that they didn't get the actor they wanted.

gdt

I just wish he could direct. Or at least produce and take a serious look at the script. He'll be on set thinking "pshhhh, look at this punk"

The only reason I could think he got the role was Warner was absolutely desperate for a good director for the new Batman movies and JL, and Affleck would only agree if he played Batman.

I think getting a great director is worth more than having a less than adequate Batman so they made the right move...but fuck I gotta hope they can find a way to minimize the absolute cheese that is Afflecks Wayne.

Mariolee

What's odd for me is based on looks alone Affleck doesn't look all that older than Cavill which I believe is what they were going for. Then again, with the power of Acting and Make Up™ it's possible.

Imagine if Marvel recast Tony Stark for the Avengers? The movie loses it's cohesion in the context of being a part of a universe that includes other franchise characters.

WB has no fucking clue what it's doing. Either Bale needs to be Batman in the same fucking universe in a believable way or they should scrap any type of Justice League type cross-overs and stick to their individual films.

This isn't like recasting the Hulk three times. Bale set the standard. Downey Jr. set the standard. You don't kick your quarterback off the team with an hour before game time........

Loxley

Yes, Ben Affleck in 2003 was shit. No one denies that. But over the course of a decade actors can improve. It happens often.

Also, just sounds like a lot of people are bitter that they didn't get the actor they wanted.

Of course they are, people get way too attached to rumors and speculation and eventually just convince themselves that they're true.

JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

Love me some Affleck. This movie will no doubt be fantasmically awesome.

Thank you for that. Not enough Entourage pics being used

Acrylic7

Hmm, definitely didn't see that coming. I'm positive that no one did.

I hated Man of Steel though, so It may not be Ben's fault if he sucks as Batman :s

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Affleck is gonna have to become friends with Cavill quickly in this film, I can't imagine Affleck as Batman beating Cavill as Supes at anything lol

This better not be titled Batman VS Superman

FStop7

Banned
Considering he was making shitty romantic comedies before TDK, everyone was doubting.

He had what? 1 film that really showed off potential before TDK? Maybe 2? Don't act like you were 1 of 3 people in the world that was praising his Heath choice before the first trailer. Yeah, a lot of people weren't completely upset but buttholes were exploding of anger when it was announced.

But I was "1 of 3 people" who was praising Ledger when he was cast. He and Jason Isaacs were the only redeemable things in The Patriot, he'd already been in Brokeback Mountain, Monster's Ball, and A Knight's Tale had a pretty loyal following. Even in poorer films he'd been in he still stood out. Anyway.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Imagine if Marvel recast Tony Stark for the Avengers? The movie loses it's cohesion in the context of being a part of a universe that includes other franchise characters.

WB has no fucking clue what it's doing. Either Bale needs to be Batman in the same fucking universe in a believable way or they should scrap any type of Justice League type cross-overs and stick to their individual films.

This isn't like recasting the Hulk three times. Bale set the standard. Downey Jr. set the standard. You don't kick your quarterback off the team with an hour before game time........

Bale doesn't WANT to do Batman any more.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Affleck is gonna have to become friends with Cavill quickly in this film, I can't imagine Affleck as Batman beating Cavill as Supes at anything lol

This better not be titled Batman VS Superman

Watch the plot be super dumb with Batman being super emo, almost killing someone, Supes talking him out of it and Batman learning the true power of friendship.

Calling it. With Supes going "Don't you see? This city needs you! If you kill him, are you any better than the villains you pursue?!?!?!? This city needs a hero! Look into your heart!!!!"

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Disappointed those "old grizzled veteran" rumors didn't come to pass.

Nervous about this, Affleck is not that good of an actor.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
...it could work...he can at least do bruce wayne....im keeping it positive...cause im kinda...confused atm i guess i cant visualize it....in my mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom