• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
I just want an actor that can do the bat voice; an actor that knows how to use his voice. I'm not talking just about inflecting, it's almost like a voice acting role when you play Batman. The number one criticism of Bale as Batman was his voice, and I think it's a legit critique.

Michael Keaton did great with the voice, it wasn't super low or gruffy, but it was sharp and intense. Keaton also played Beetlejuice, and that was another role that was largely defined by the voice. Kilmer had more of a calmer intelligent approach to the voice, I think he had the right idea despite everything else. Clooney had that really low gruffy voice that is almost ideal, but the direction and script obviously gave him no chance.

But please, cast an actor with some presence in his voice, or an actor with some vocal expertise like Keaton.

This is some good stuff. I really did enjoy Keaton's Batvoice. It was different enough from Bruce Wayne but not ridiculous and over the top like Bale's.

RedSwirl

fxyLK1KnVH9DYzq0BhK7.gif

Yeah this is my response to the news in general.

G-Fex

Honest question, if Daredevil was given a better script and cut out the bad villains would he have been a better daredevil?

Should've been Jon Hamm.

Does anyone know what the deal is on the Batman reboot? I mean does this mean Affleck will be playing Batman in the reboot, too, or just in Batman vs Superman?

kurahador

How did he get the role? That's my main question. He must have been more expensive than some of the other picks and has baggage.

Didn't he rejected the call to direct Justic League or something?

I think it's a way for WB to still bring him in.

On paper it sounds awful but when you think about his physical presence and how he will look against Cavil, it makes sense. I think this will turn out to be the best live action Batman ever.

FStop7

Banned
People seriously doubted Ledger?? Wow. His performance was a guaranteed win from the word go.

Affleck's come a long way. He's not Ledger but his acting has matured and he has the physicality to be Bruce Wayne.

It's Zack Snyder that people should be worried about.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anybody else relieved its not Karl Urban? That would have been Schumacher level.

Yes, so glad it's not him or Hamm as others were calling for. Ridiculous.

Pop

I like it, Ben can def play as Bruce. His Batman is already better than Bale's and I haven't even seen it yet.

Good Job WB!

smr00

Banned
Anybody else relieved its not Karl Urban? That would have been Schumacher level.
It was never going to be Karl Urban i am glad it was never going to be him. Don't get me wrong, i don't hate the guy. But again, nobody gave a fuck or even thought of the idea of him being Batman until he did his Nolan Batman-esq Dredd.

People seriously doubted Ledger?? Wow. His performance was a guaranteed win from the word go.

Affleck's come a long way. He's not Ledger but his acting has matured and he has the physicality to be Bruce Wayne.

It's Zack Snyder that people should be worried about.
Considering he was making shitty romantic comedies before TDK, everyone was doubting.

He had what? 1 film that really showed off potential before TDK? Maybe 2? Don't act like you were 1 of 3 people in the world that was praising his Heath choice before the first trailer. Yeah, a lot of people weren't completely upset but buttholes were exploding of anger when it was announced.

Effect

Should've been Jon Hamm.

Does anyone know what the deal is on the Batman reboot? I mean does this mean Affleck will be playing Batman in the reboot, too, or just in Batman vs Superman?

Reboot as well. The Batman in Man of Steel 2 is suppose to be the one that is going to be apart of the rest of the DC cinematic universe. The Batman reboot is suppose to be apart of that not separate the way the Nolan films were. That's my understanding.

Jarmel

Banned
The only reason I could think he got the role was Warner was absolutely desperate for a good director for the new Batman movies and JL, and Affleck would only agree if he played Batman.

Mariolee

shit, everyone in there has been in a superhero movie now, lol

In Hollywood, it seems harder NOT to be in a superhero film nowadays. In fact, I think I was probably in a superhero film once, and I don't even live in Hollywood.

tino

Banned
Zack Snyder will fuck it up anyway. I am ok with it.

Josh Brolin or even JGL would have been much better choices.

Ben Affleck.
KuGsj.gif

I like Ben Affleck but I don't know what to think about him being Batman. I think he'll be great, but it feels like a George Clooney as Batman choice. If he was directing Batman Bin Suparman it would probably be amazing.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Daredevil is Batman... lol smh will wait to fully judge, but smh

Thankfully Cavill is still Supes.

I wonder if their ages will be reflected in the film. Affleck is 11 years older than Cavill so does that mean he was operating as Batman for that time?

Zeke

I just...I have no words....all I'm going to see when he plays batman is Holden McNeil or Shannon Hamilton

gdt

Brilliant move with both Ben and WB. Locking each other up for years and years. Ben gets whatever he wants, and will continue to direct whatever he wants, and WB gets a major fucking talent in Affleck to star (and possibly direct?) their biggest movie.

I'm a little hesitant about him actually playing Batman, but I'm super psyched to see what movies Ben does next with this kind of power at WB.

I wonder if their ages will be reflected in the film. Affleck is 11 years older than Cavill so does that mean he was operating as Batman for that time?

That seems to be the idea from what they said around Comic-Con. This Batman will have been working for a while by the time Superman shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom