• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

I still have a long way to go, just a few chapters left before I'm done with book thirteen.

I have to say, I still love the anime. They did an amazing job with it, even if the extra Adon/raids and cliffhanger aren't that great. I still prefer the way the anime handles the last few moments of the eclipse, though. Also, I still think Griffith loved Guts (maybe still does deep down).

I wish I had stuck with the series in college, or given the anime another shot. Better late than never.

Dark_castle

Berserk #338 24/7/2015

And apparently it'll be releasing monthly after that. We'll see.

QY9BBbG.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Looks like a good time to get into this series.

Moaradin

Once a month huh? What was the old schedule? Obviously what it was supposed to be and not the 2 chapters a year schedule lol.

Berserk #338 24/7/2015

And apparently it'll be releasing monthly after that. We'll see.

Ok, seriously - what the hell is happening? Have the planets all aligned or what? This past month has been absolutely insane! First it was Shenmue III being announced 14 years after Shenmue II, then it was Zero Escape 3 finally being announced after it was in danger of never happening, and now this?! I literally couldn't ask for anything more at the moment....

auaeKAa.jpg

LaneDS

I mean, hooray new chapter, but I don't think anyone expected to not get a new chapter. Like many are saying, we'll get new chapters monthly for a period of time and then probably not for a long period of time.

Same as it ever was. I have reached the "acceptance" level of Berserk fandom.

Veelk

Banned
Does anyone know how much money Miura makes from Berserk. It's one of the most famous and highly esteemed manga, but his production rate is so low. I'm sure he's not in poverty or anything, but is he rich from it like some other famous mangaka are?

cyborg009

Banned
Does anyone know how much money Miura makes from Berserk. It's one of the most famous and highly esteemed manga, but his production rate is so low. I'm sure he's not in poverty or anything, but is he rich from it like some other famous mangaka are?

Ya I wonder this as well.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That sounds awesome, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I really really hope I'm wrong, but the chances are that we'll get two chapters in two months, and then it'll go on hiatus again.

The last chapter before going on hiatus will have the boat party seeing the island but not actually getting off the boat just to fuck with us.

It's like y'all never experienced a true manga hiatus before or something. Don't savour this too much, Miura is more reliable than Togashi but still.

Astarte

He's a lonely hermit who doesn't really talk to anyone. His only escapes from life are drawing and Idolm@ster, so we'll never know.

Mangaka don't actually make too much money unless you are incredibly succesful. Eiichiro Oda (One Piece) and Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball) are the current biggest, they make quite a lot. Others like Yoshihiro Togashi (Hunter x Hunter) and Naoko Takeuchu (Sailor Moon) are married, and they are both rather successful, so they probably have enough money from royalties that they don't need to make anymore manga. Royalties are what net you the big bucks - last time the info was released, Oda made Two Billion Yen in royalties yearly. That's close to $25,000,000.

As for Miura, he is probably better off then most mangaka. He is fairly famous and his works sell (Berserk is at 31m volumes sold, within the top 100 best selling manga of all time.)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
waitwaitwaitwaitwait I just read the title, that confused me cause im american but omg is it happening?

foxuzamaki

I mean, hooray new chapter, but I don't think anyone expected to not get a new chapter. Like many are saying, we'll get new chapters monthly for a period of time and then probably not for a long period of time.

Same as it ever was. I have reached the "acceptance" level of Berserk fandom.

I just read berserk last year and was just a few weeks after miura released the last chapter that i caught up, I havent reached that acceptance yet, dont do this to me.

foxuzamaki

Man, I could imagine being into berserk much earlier than I was last year and then reading a chapter that is almost entirely (amazing) artwork with no story progression....
but a great sense of place.

I would have zero hope for the story, but the gameplay would probably be amazing.

like i said in the other thread, I'd actually like to see a Berserk game in the style of Dragon's Crown gameplay by Vanillaware. Each player controlling guts, farnese, schierke, serpico, or isidro. add in side characters to play as (lucid casca.) Not sure how Kamitani's style would blend with Berserk, but he does some damn fine fantasy art, massive mammary complaints aside. It would prob be great.

I would have zero hope for the story, but the gameplay would probably be amazing.

like i said in the other thread, I'd actually like to see a Berserk game in the style of Dragon's Crown gameplay by Vanillaware. Not sure how Kamitani's style would blend with Berserk, but he does some damn fine fantasy art, massive mammary complaints aside. It would prob be great.

Vanillaware games are boring as shit. I love Muramasa but they pad the cool things so far apart that it's a tragedy.
Forced myself to play eight hours of Dragon Crown and it never even reached the highs of Muramasa.

Tizoc

People just don't know how awesome a boat riding simulator the MGR Director would be like to want it enough.

LaneDS

whynotboth.jpg

We're due for a proper Berserk game. Just keep it away from Sega Sammy so it actually has a chance of getting localized... still salty about the PS2 one never making it.

Houndi101

I have two trades left that I haven't read...
Got in the middle of the
island arc with the ghost pirates and tentacles
Do 36 and 37 finish that story and have a cliffhanger for a new one or?

daniels

kill la kill or berserk o_O
how do you go from a zero like kill la kill to berserk? how is this even a question^^
kinda afraid now lol

Tacitus_

I have two trades left that I haven't read...
Got in the middle of the
island arc with the ghost pirates and tentacles
Do 36 and 37 finish that story and have a cliffhanger for a new one or?

They sorta finish it. Then there's a couple chapters of Griffith.

Top Bottom