• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

I'm convinced they 'fix' Caska and she's going to hate Guts or just run back to Griffith. it's going to be the saddest fucking thing ever. EVER!

saddest scenario is that Guts manufactures false memories and lets Casca live a life with no knowledge of anything that happened with the band of the hawk

Moaradin

I can totally see him go that route. Casca could be so fucked up mentally that bringing her back might actually be really harmful. Skull Knight said what if she doesn't want to be fixed or something similar to Guts when they last met.

we've already had plenty of foreshadowing that bringing her back might not get Guts the "happily ever after" result.

Best case scenario: she becomes lucid again but remembers absolutely nothing, a blank slate. No feelings for Guts, no memories, nothing.

Makareu

Berserk being Berserk, Casca could regain her memories and become consumed by a rage on par with Guts. That would change the dynamic between Guts, Casca and Griffith.

Berserk being Berserk, Casca could regain her memories and become consumed by a rage on par with Guts. That would change the dynamic between Guts, Casca and Griffith.

Without berserker armor, god killer sword, and weird causality negating powers that'll just be a whole lot of impotent rage.

After what he did to her? No way dude!

She might get her mind back but there's a swerve coming. Skull Knight mentioned even if he wants her to be sane again, it might not be what she wants. Either she goes back to Griff or she can't deal with the memory of what happened and she's a wreck forever.

If you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention : )

She might get her mind back but there's a swerve coming. Skull Knight mentioned even if he wants her to be sane again, it might not be what she wants. Either she goes back to Griff or she can't deal with the memory of what happened and she's a wreck forever.

If you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention : )

Guts gonna get a second gray streak.

just forget casca and go with farnese. she worships you and is learning magic. and the religiously repressed psycho sex will be amazing.

wait am i shipping

Prototype

Casca has like super powers now. Regardless if she gets her memories back, things will never be the same. I think Guts needs to come to terms with that.

Wait I can't remember if the supernatural thing in the conviction arc when she was confused for a witch was from her demon kid or from her.

Also when she killed that group of guys who tried to rape her I don't know if that was supernatural or bare-handed.

She killed those guys au natural, i thought

latent soldierly instincts came back for a second in a fight or flight situation and she massacred them. doesn't totally make sense, as she'd have lost all the muscle by then, but whatever

Pre-ordered this beauty today:

Bz0WX6al.jpg
qbKACRsl.jpg

RrAq1NIl.jpg
N0t5vuXl.jpg

Prototype

I literally forgot what you guys are talking about. When did that happen?

Wait I can't remember if the supernatural thing in the conviction arc when she was confused for a witch was from her demon kid or from her.

Also when she killed that group of guys who tried to rape her I don't know if that was supernatural or bare-handed.

She killed those guys au natural, i thought

latent soldierly instincts came back for a second in a fight or flight situation and she massacred them. doesn't totally make sense, as she'd have lost all the muscle by then, but whatever

i always saw that scene as the dark magic from birthing that thing. Like it was protecting her. Not sure if it generated by her own will or the baby/kid. It's not clear if the powers are hers or not.

i always saw that scene as the dark magic from birthing that thing. Like it was protecting her. Not sure if it generated by her own will or the baby/kid. It's not clear if the powers are hers or not.

True. just one of the many loose ends...what's going on with the kid and all that

Jarnet87

had left off at like chapter 333 or something and finished up to 337. All that time going through Falconia and then Rickert is like f this I'm outta here lol. Expect him to meet up with Guts in the future.

I am not even sure if the Berserker armor is enough for Guts to go against the top tier apostles let alone Femto or the God Hand, eventually some way or another Guts is going to be upgraded again.

Fjordson

Got through volume 24 last night. Had stalled out for like a month and a half, wasn't really holding my attention for some reason after the Tower of Conviction arc.

Think I just needed a break, though. Ripped through 24 and then half of vol. 25 today. Also ordered volumes 33-37 from InStock so I can catch up completely.

Houndi101

Given the Golden Age Arc films a try for like 3 times but just cannot get past the opening scene with horrible CGI
Should I just bite my lip and go through with them?

Given the Golden Age Arc films a try for like 3 times but just cannot get past the opening scene with horrible CGI

The CGI gets better but don't take that as a "Please continue on with these movies" no matter what they are bad.

Makareu

Without berserker armor, god killer sword, and weird causality negating powers that'll just be a whole lot of impotent rage.

Yeah I was not implying that Casca would become a fighting monster with her memories back. And there is not such a thing as impotent rage when behelits are around.
The worse scenario would be Casca trying to sacrifice Guts for the power to get back at Griffith.

Hellraider

To be honest they only reason worth watching them is to introduce some friends to the series that don't want to read the manga. No reason to force your way through them if you are already a manga reader. Admittedly they are not as bad as the internet would have you believe, but still not really worth your time.

Philippo

First time follower of the series here, currently around halfway through the anime series, unsure wether to keep reading the manga or not after, i don't want to join the army of those who curse Miura for his slowness every morning.

Also, sadly i already know the series gets really dark and fucked up after a while, if i didn't that would be quite shocking. But i'm liking the lighter, simpler medioeval atmosphere of this first half.

First time follower of the series here, currently around halfway through the anime series, unsure wether to keep reading the manga or not after, i don't want to join the army of those who curse Miura for his slowness every morning.

Also, sadly i already know the series gets really dark and fucked up after a while, if i didn't that would be quite shocking. But i'm liking the lighter, simpler medioeval atmosphere of this first half.

I think there are quite a few dark and shocking moments in the section of the series you are on. To me , the most brutal thing happens quite early too (not in the anime).

Philippo

I think there are quite a few dark and shocking moments in the section of the series you are on. To me , the most brutal thing happens quite early too (not in the anime).

I am at Guts and Casca falling down the cliff and subsequent Casca's backstory just to clarify.

Nothing too dark until this point IMHO
Well i guess Gambino selling Guts as a sex slave could qualify, but thats not mentioned in the anime.

I am at Guts and Casca falling down the cliff and subsequent Casca's backstory just to clarify.

Nothing too dark until this point IMHO
Well i guess Gambino selling Guts as a sex slave could qualify, but thats not mentioned in the anime.

Yes , the anime glosses over. But the
paternal figure of Guts selling him for a few coins and allowing him to be raped
is extremely brutal.

Also Adonis fate

was certainly shocking.

It's not a coincidence that i find both events being related to children as fucked up.

it is very dark, but people overexaggerated how rapey it gets though. I also didn't think it was ever really outside the berserk universe's realm of believability. the trolls would have just been ugly, messed up grunts, not unlike some low level thing you'd find in a jrpg. after *that* scene, they gave me the shivers whenever they'd pop up.

Tacitus_

it is very dark, but people overexaggerated how rapey it gets though. I also didn't think it was ever really outside the berserk universe's realm of believability. the trolls would have just been ugly, messed up grunts, not unlike some low level thing you'd find in a jrpg. after *that* scene, they gave me the shivers whenever they'd pop up.

I dunno, there's at least one (attempted) rape in practically every arc after the Eclipse. I can't remember off hand if the Lost Children has one, but the knight chick almost gets raped by a possessed horse after that.

Houndi101

I dunno, there's at least one (attempted) rape in practically every arc after the Eclipse. I can't remember off hand if the Lost Children has one, but the knight chick almost gets raped by a possessed horse after that.

The bee things play "adult attack" where they sodomize each other with their stingers or something messed up like that

Fjordson

I'm on the part where the crew is battling trolls in the forest with Schierke. I guess trolls are bad most of the time in fantasy, but these are extra fucked up trolls.

Top Bottom