• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Tacitus_

Not yet. Probably about to, though. Gonna try and finish volume 25 tonight before bed.

Also, I got my Amazon shipment in so I now have all 37 Dark Horse volumes in a comically high stack on my wife's dresser.

I don't want to say too much, but the den is some sick shit.

E: Hang on, battling in the forest. The village fight hasn't happened yet?

Fjordson

I don't want to say too much, but the den is some sick shit.

E: Hang on, battling in the forest. The village fight hasn't happened yet?
Er yeah, I guess they're in the village actually. They were in the forest at Flora's place, but they all left with Schierke to go help the village.

sJO5hVvm.jpg

* Guts
killing 100 mercenaries
was a little hard to follow at times, but man was it a gore-fest! Especially
Samson's death.
Brutal!
* Loved when Guts slapped Casca's butt. Her reaction was amazing.
* Boscogn is badass!
* The battle for Doldrey was epic! So much different stuff happening all at once!
* LOL at the random
Puck
appearance when
Adon asked Casca for forgiveness.

SMkfxMrt.png

Lzjei6Vm.jpg

* Loved the
Nosferatu Zodd
appearance!
* Corkus called Guts a "fag." Ouch!
* The Queen is such a cold bitch. Love it!
* Griffith's plot to
kill the Queen and the others was delicious.
I got major Johan Liebert vibes when
the Queen saw him from the burning building.
* Guts in his
assassination
outfit = total badass.
* What the hell at Corkus telling Guts he aimed his bowgun at him during battles! What an ass!
* The emotions were leaping off the pages during
the sword fight between Guts and Griffith. Griffith looked utterly devastated when he lost.

3HEHNWct.png

vFjWh19m.jpg

* Skull Night oozes coolness.
* Wow at Griffith's smirk at the King after
being whipped.
* Holy crap at
the King violating Charlotte!
What a shock!
* Love the way Silat looks. Also,
dem hidden blades in his shoes!
* I really liked
Guts's return.
What an awesome entrance he made.
* LOL at Guts trying to throw Silat's chakram rings!
* Damn at Gut's past with
Donovan and Gambino coming back to haunt him
during his moment with Casca!
* Forget a 6 pack, Guts has a 10 pack!

bW90Nfxt.png

I dunno, there's at least one (attempted) rape in practically every arc after the Eclipse. I can't remember off hand if the Lost Children has one, but the knight chick almost gets raped by a possessed horse after that.

After the Eclipse , the branded reside in the interstice. The demonic nature of most of the foes is conducive to the sexual nature of many events.

After Femto was incarnated as Griffith , the barrier between the layers of the world became thiner. It's only natural that with their recurrent appearance , lust becomes a primary reason of action. It wouldn't make sense that they would behave differently.

Even so , although after the Ganishka events Berserk universe is as nightmarish as it gets , those situations have toned down.

After being in development for like 2 years, Figma Femto is finally upon us, maybe GSC was waiting for a new Berserk chapter to come out to finally release it, diabolical...

tumblr_ns2lwcmZgw1sh11j9o1_1280.jpg

Slan looking good too but still unpainted... NSFW

Need that Femto. Is it supposed to drop soon?

well, it was in freaking prototype form like for 2 years, so I take this showing of him fully painted as a sign that it might be getting released soon (by soon I mean this year)
GSC maybe taking advantage of the new episodes release hype.

Fjordson

well, it was in freaking prototype form like for 2 years, so I take this showing of him fully painted as a sign that it might be getting released soon (by soon I mean this year)
GSC maybe taking advantage of the new episodes release hype.
Nice, hope it comes out this year. Not sure if I'll get the others, but at least need Femto.

Hypron

Berserk really is back...

That chapter was fairly entertaining but it's still mainly just setting things up. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Hopefully Miura can keep up with the monthly schedule.

Laputa_94

That was a pretty good chapter, now back to waiting...

After being in development for like 2 years, Figma Femto is finally upon us, maybe GSC was waiting for a new Berserk chapter to come out to finally release it, diabolical...

tumblr_ns2lwcmZgw1sh11j9o1_1280.jpg

Slan looking good too but still unpainted... NSFW

I know of these god hand figmas I'll be getting Slan and Femto for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
its hard to justify story building when we get one chapter per year 😭

he owes us one plot twist per panel tbh

Philippo

Got to the episode where Guts leaves the Hawk Band.
The setting, the built up tension, the surprisingly deeper than expected characters psychologies, so friggin good.

And that soul-less look Griffith had when Charlotte hugged him asking why he didn't come earlier, priceless.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just to be clear on what happened in 338 cause it's been so long I forgot about everything.

So Raksas was going to off Rickert on Locus' orders but Silat saved Rickert so he could extract information from him? Isn't the Kushan Empire crumbled with Ganishka dead?

[Fugo]

Silat and the Tarpasa were oucasts in the Kushan empire and clearly didn't like Ganishka even if they were firced to work for him. They also seemed to have a long beef against Rakshas - as seen when he first appeared

Moaradin

Feels strange having new Berserk to read. Good chapter. Glad we're finally getting some Raksas stuff hopefully since his design is rad.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
[Fugo];173055847 said:
Silat and the Tarpasa were oucasts in the Kushan empire and clearly didn't like Ganishka even if they were firced to work for him. They also seemed to have a long beef against Rakshas - as seen when he first appeared
I don't remember any of this. I didn't even remember Silat and the raisin-head dude still being alive lol.

Tacitus_

I don't remember any of this. I didn't even remember Silat and the raisin-head dude still being alive lol.

The 2nd time we saw the ninja dudes was them saying how they need to redeem their clan. And when they met the masked cloak dude they tried to kill him though they couldn't land a blow. IIRC he then led them on a merry chase to the demon army birthing thing..

DrkSage

I spat out my drink when I saw "Berserk new chapter added" on my phone :eek:

Edit: why did it took me so long to find out damn it!

Kvik

A new Berserk chapter in Anno Domini Two Thousand and Fifteen? o_O

Maybe it's time for a re-read (and get depressed again right after)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just started watching/reading this.

I LOVE it.

Griffith is set up as the bad guy from ep 1, and I keep hearing how he's the most hateable character in manga, but he seems like such a nice guy and good friend right now that I'm dying to see how the turnaround happens.

I can't believe it took me 25 years to finally get around to Berserk.

Top Bottom