• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Jarnet87

Just to be clear on what happened in 338 cause it's been so long I forgot about everything.

So Raksas was going to off Rickert on Locus' orders but Silat saved Rickert so he could extract information from him? Isn't the Kushan Empire crumbled with Ganishka dead?

Yeah i think whatever was left of the Kushan was absorbed into Griffith's army, but Silat may be trying to find a weakness Griffith may have from Rickert.

Laputa_94

Quick question where is the best place to get a berserker armour figma these days? I accecpt that the price will be higher than the retail release.

Feels good man...

95932837-215F-4B95-9805-AFCF2FAE34C2_zps0bls4h5d.jpg

Sorry guys, couldn't resist

Veelk

Banned
I wonder if Miura's long schedule works in his favor a little. Given that he only comes out with a few chapters a year, he has to make sure that they are good and provide story progress. Not all chapters are equally important of course, and he doesn't literally pack the chapters with as much as possible (a good thing, imo, you don't want sensory overload), but it's always good stuff.

Fjordson

Miura is REALLY laying on the warped comedy faces in these recent chapters. He's always done it, but it's been especially noticeable lately.
Lmao that's something I've noticed going through the trade paperbacks.

I can't remember exactly when it ramped up, but I feel like after The Eclipse I rarely see Puck as just Puck. It's always some comedic version of him or like some pop culture riff.

Not really a problem, but it's a little jarring in some spots that feel otherwise serious.

Veelk

Banned
Miura is REALLY laying on the warped comedy faces in these recent chapters. He's always done it, but it's been especially noticeable lately.

Yeah, I always found them odd. Berserk has the most realistic but stylized facial expressions I've seen in manga (granted, I don't read as much as I used to...). You'd think he'd deliver comedy without the deformations.

Big One

Banned
Lmao that's something I've noticed going through the trade paperbacks.

I can't remember exactly when it ramped up, but I feel like after The Eclipse I rarely see Puck as just Puck. It's always some comedic version of him or like some pop culture riff.

Not really a problem, but it's a little jarring in some spots that feel otherwise serious.
I think that's awesome. There needs to be a tinge of comedy in Berserk to balance all the depressing shit in it. Puck was annoying in the first three volumes but after that I feel like Miura did a good job making him contrast from the bleak and dark world of Berserk.

Fjordson

I think that's awesome. There needs to be a tinge of comedy in Berserk to balance all the depressing shit in it. Puck was annoying in the first three volumes but after that I feel like Miura did a good job making him contrast from the bleak and dark world of Berserk.
I like it for the most part. Just a few scenes where I'm totally absorbed in something going on and then suddenly it's like...oh, there's Puck as Yoda lol.

I'm on volume 15, and I'm enjoying puck's antics a lot more now. This is one of the highlights:
pku2UTM.jpg

I love how Void looks like a sinister muffin-man in his memory.

Makareu

I'm on volume 15, and I'm enjoying puck's antics a lot more now. This is one of the highlights:
pku2UTM.jpg

I love how Void looks like a sinister muffin-man in his memory.

Puck is a character that really grew well on me, and overall Berserk benefits from him.
My personal Puck moment
cb88deb6-7466-496f-a0e6-e8aa8d07f57f.jpg

The reference, the setup, that was perfect.

I'm still on 316. Please. I can't...
It's so slow right now and weird. How long are they going to be on that boat? I don't feel much is happening. I keep wanting to continue but always end up procrastinating

Jarnet87

I'm still on 316. Please. I can't...
It's so slow right now and weird. How long are they going to be on that boat? I don't feel much is happening. I keep wanting to continue but always end up procrastinating

Yeah I lost a lot of interest once the Kushans came in. The stuff on the boat isn't that solid either.

Just finished the anime and the 3 movies. Read chapter 1 in the manga and can't wait to start my binge reading.

Was one of those stories that had me thinking about it for the past few weeks.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm on episode 20 of the anime, and plan to delve into the manga next.

I'm really interested to learn how the world goes from a historical fantasy to a world full of demons and monsters. And Griffith is still an extremely intriguing character. I'm starting to see how he might become the villain he was said to be in episode 1.

Guts also grew on me a lot. I found him mostly bland at first, but starting with him and Casca being lost in the woods, he started to develop a lot as a character.

I read them. You can't stop yet. You still haven't reached the best volumes yet.

Keep doing them! I love reading the fresh impressions.

I do, looking forward to your impressions of certain upcoming events

Well I guess that settles that. I'll continue to do them! I just wasn't really getting any feedback so I thought they might've been getting ignored, but just knowing that you guys are still reading and enjoying them is good to know. I literally just finished reading and writing down my notes for volume 11...I can't wait to get to the next few volumes even though I've already watched the anime and movies!

Mumei

I'm on episode 20 of the anime, and plan to delve into the manga next.

I'm really interested to learn how the world goes from a historical fantasy to a world full of demons and monsters. And Griffith is still an extremely intriguing character. I'm starting to see how he might become the villain he was said to be in episode 1.

Guts also grew on me a lot. I found him mostly bland at first, but starting with him and Casca being lost in the woods, he started to develop a lot as a character.

Guts' development is a lot better in the those sections in the manga, too.

Anybody else felt that the anime series was superior to the movies? Yeah the 3rd movie goes a bit further but it's missing a few nice details from the anime. I also found the creature design to be creepier during the part when shit really hits the fan.

Anybody else felt that the anime series was superior to the movies? Yeah the 3rd movie goes a bit further but it's missing a few nice details from the anime. I also found the creature design to be creepier during the part when shit really hits the fan.

I felt the movies sucked, they cut a lot of the manga and had one of the worst CGI I've ever seen. The anime was great :). But, if they could bring it again, with a studio capable of animating the epicness of the manga, that would be great.

The CGI in the first Berserk movie is up there with some of the worst CGI I've seen.

I actually thought the CGI in the 3rd one was a huge step up compared to it.

yeah, except for the slideshow art.

Which I still liked over questionable cg.

Yes. I am on my third watch of the series, and I have no real interest in rewatching the movies apart from select scenes of the third to complete the story for a friend.

The animation isn't great in the series, but the still frames don't bother me as much as others. In fact, I love how they look.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just read the latest chapter, it was fine, however a year for only 20 pages in what is suppose to be a monthly series is more than a tad disappointing. There was enough content there and as I said ,the chapter is good, its fine, but this is less then weekly series.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just finished the series.

W

T

F

The Eclipse was some serious shit. I knew that talisman Griffith had was bad news, but I didn't know how bad.

I feel like it ended abruptly, though. Started the manga and already noticed that a lot was changed in the Black Swordsman arc.

Makareu

W

T

F

The Eclipse was some serious shit. I knew that talisman Griffith had was bad news, but I didn't know how bad.

I feel like it ended abruptly, though. Started the manga and already noticed that a lot was changed in the Black Swordsman arc.

Hehe, Beserk starts now. Enjoy.

Just read the latest chapter, it was fine, however a year for only 20 pages in what is suppose to be a monthly series is more than a tad disappointing. There was enough content there and as I said ,the chapter is good, its fine, but this is less then weekly series.
Berserk has never been monthly

W

T

F

OMG prepare yourself.

SolVanderlyn

Anime took out Skull Knight.

Anime instantly inferior

Jarnet87

I only saw the first movie, it's nowhere close to the anime. It sucks they only did 25 episodes but it's understandable with how quickly the anime would have caught up to the manga. It would be cool to see another anime of the series down the line, but I think there are better chances of the films returning to cover further storylines.

Top Bottom