• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn what an episode. My favorite moment was actually when Kim told Jimmy to go cover his bases. Dark side showing.

Rhea Seehorn is so amazing this season. Have to say this is the first time I've seen her in anything, any other shows/series where she's this good?

Yeah, loved that too. Great way for her to tell Jimmy to cover his ass without actually saying, "Cover your ass!"

Henkka

Banned
That was maybe the second most exciting plotline revolving around a typo I've ever seen.

Seriously though, fuuuck that was intense. Other shows are fun to watch, but nothing else stresses me out like this.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh man, awesome episode.

I was kind of surprised when Kim started talking about dotting each and every i. She seems kind of ok'ish with what he did, never expected that.
She wasn't OK with it at all. But she also doesn't want Jimmy to get into more trouble, not in the least because the shit would fall back on her.

I don't mind it as one of Pixar's golden rules rings true in this. Coincidences that get characters out of trouble are boring, but coincidences that get characters into trouble are great.
I don't agree with this rule at all. A coincidence that gets a character in trouble can still be contrived and reek of artificial drama.

Coincidences are fine in storytelling if they are occasional and believable, I say. Chuck getting all spastic due to his disease and knocking his head while he collapses is plenty believable, so I'm OK with it. The Ted fall in BB was far more eye-rolling and I didn't care for it.

Never thought of the bolded possibility...
I suggested as much myself, but only as a joke. I hope they won't go in that direction at all...

OK. I thought you were freaking out to the suggestion that Ernesto could be related to Gus.
Yeah it's a really dumb suggestion. Hey they're sorta vaguely the same race, they must be related! Wut.

edit:
That was maybe the second most exciting plotline revolving around a typo I've ever seen.
Haha, what is the first?

Ploid 3.0

Took these screenshots of the cars from the episode on Netflix:

oJQ66oN.jpg

I figured the car used in the heist wasn't his personal car. Mike isn't a rookie.

Bear

-- I do kinda buy the idea that Ernesto -- a darker skinned Hispanic character -- is related to Gustavo Fring. Perhaps that's what FRINGS BACK (the first letter of every show this season) means? Not Gus but Ernesto? (my understanding is that Gus is/was gay so I don't know that Ernesto would be his son, but who knows)

Although we never actually see his family, Gus mentions that he has kids when he has Walt over to his house for dinner. Specifically, he says that he usually can't make that Chilean soup because "the kids won't eat it".

I don't think that Ernesto has anything to do with him, I just wanted to point that out. It might be worth adding that you could see children's toys in that scene so at least one of the kids would be far too young.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I still think the driver seeing that car is gonna complicate things for Mike. The way they framed the shot where the driver notices the car makes it obvious.

The car parked where it was was a distraction. Its the reason why Mike used the pulley system to pull the spike strip out from far away. When the driver got out of the truck he was looking the wrong direction so he could get blindsided.

Klocker

The car parked where it was was a distraction. Its the reason why Mike used the pulley system to pull the spike strip out from far away. When the driver got out of the truck he was looking the wrong direction so he could get blindsided.

Yea Mike is smooth as hell

Omzz

Mike isn't known to be careless with his planning. He wasn't gonna kill the dude in the first place, so why would he use his own car

ZQQLANDER

Chuck is such a dick. He didn't care about doing the right thing for the client. All he wanted was to clear his name and get back his reputation.

Although we never actually see his family, Gus mentions that he has kids when he has Walt over to his house for dinner. Specifically, he says that he usually can't make that Chilean soup because "the kids won't eat it".

I don't think that Ernesto has anything to do with him, I just wanted to point that out. It might be worth adding that you could see children's toys in that scene so at least one of the kids would be far too young.

Gus would mid to late 30's during BCS. Ernesto is in his early to mid 20's.

The suggestion transcends stupid.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Of course Jimmy is in the wrong too.

But Chuck not even once thought he might have made the error. He immediately blamed Jimmy without any convincing evidence.

Though to Chucks credit he did say the Magna Carta date. People like Chuck use memory systems for even seemingly unimportant stuff.

ZQQLANDER

So as I understand it, Chuck's grudge against his brother stems largely from the fact he blames him for the death of their father. I have a feeling Jimmy isn't to blame though. I suspect the discrepancy in the books was due more to their father handing out money.

I have some mixed feelings about Jimmy fucking with Chuck. On one hand, I REALLY don't wanna see Kim go down, too. But on the other hand, the only reason Chuck even stepped in with Mesa Verde is to fuck with Jimmy.

Dai101

Banned
So as I understand it, Chuck's grudge against his brother stems largely from the fact he blames him for the death of their father. I have a feeling Jimmy isn't to blame though. I suspect the discrepancy in the books was due more to their father handing out money.

That's just to justify it, he's just jealous of him.

Tankard

Cancel Saul Goodman, please. In the beginning all I wanted was to see him becoming Saul, now I don't want it anymore, We will lose Kim =(

Change it, Vince, I won't care, let's call it poetic license.

YEEEEEEEEEEBOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

re: finale

Vince directed it and co-wrote it, with Heather Marion, who was our writer’s assistant last season. He just directed the hell out of it. I think you’re going to see some pure Vince Gilligan goodness in the next episode.

RootCause

Man, I feel deflated. I didn't want it to go this way. Wasn't this supposed to be a lighter show, in comparison to BB. 😡😥

Damn what an episode. My favorite moment was actually when Kim told Jimmy to go cover his bases. Dark side showing.

Rhea Seehorn is so amazing this season. Have to say this is the first time I've seen her in anything, any other shows/series where she's this good?
The first time I saw her was in Whitney. It was a fun comedy, but not likely what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom