• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

Absolutely blown away how great this show has become. I shouldn't be surprised because of how great BB was but man, Gilligan can do no wrong. I'm trying to think of a sequel/prequel/whatever to another show that was just about as good as the original. TNG is the only thing that comes to mind right now...

Mariolee

Wait...don't they need technology to keeo Jimmy alive? So even if he wakes up, on top of the physical pain he'll have his psychological pain too.

I'd fuck with Kim.
tumblr_nk75pftdsj1uo3xleo1_r1_250.gif

HardRojo

What an episode! Holy shit I can't believe next week's the season finale, I could definitely do with a couple more episodes. Btw did we ever find out what song it was that played during last week's episode intro? That was a smooth tune.

Amazing episode. Approaching the greatness of Breaking Bad. Not quite Half Measures, Crawl Space or Ozymandias levels, but pretty damn good.

Alpende

Watched it yesterday and it was sooo goood. That head smack was disturbing and I loved the shot of Saul and his camera crew walking toward the school, very much like that Beatles album cover. I also dig how Kim fucked over Chuck. After the head smack I felt kinda bad for Chuck though, very well done.

I'm excited about the season 2 finale but why do we have to wait 1 entire year for the next season? :( I watched the 5 seasons of Breaking Bad on 2 months so I guess it doesn't help my case

I'm glad many people agree that Kim is the best. Seriously, her character is just so damn likable and perfect. What I wouldn't do for a girl like that...

But really, that just makes me all the more nervous about her inevitable downfall due to Jimmy's shenanigans. I really hope she doesn't wind up in prison, or worse, dying in the crossfire after Jimmy and Mike's storylines crossover with the cartels in the mix.

Kim definitely doesn't die. If she did I'm sure Saul wouldn't be who he is in breaking bad starring Jesse and Walt. He would be 10 fold as depressed as gene is.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
No one knows what happens to Kim, she might just shut Jimmy out of her life after one too many lies, a lie that could have dire consequences for all we know.

Also agree that the latest ep was excellent.

*edit*
Sorry, that first part comes across a bit wrong. I shouldn't post a reply before my morning coffee. ;-)

Saty

Dropped the ball with Mike. Why would this very knowledgeable and capable man think the Cartel would involve the police in the robbery? They are going to do deal with it on their own. It's really perplexing why he's so surprised that the cops were left out of this.

Out-of-character writing started with Mike acting dumb as fuck in the way he concluded the robbery. Wait, are you going to leave the driver hogtied right there on the dirt for all passers-by to see? What the heck are you thinking?! Of course somebody is going to see the guy and try to help him and seal his fate. Pick up the driver and lock him in the back of the truck. Done deal. Drivers passing by only see a deserted truck so they have no real reason to stop - will probably thing the guy already called help and left and they just need to tow the truck. There sure as hell won't see a person tied and bound squirming in the dirt figuratively screaming foul play.

If Mike meant for a police car to drive by and see then again he was stupid because the Cartel would leave them out of it and he'll be risking an innocent getting caught in the middle of the situation.

After all we've seen Mike do and his smart approach and covering all his bases, it's damn inconsistent and glaring piece of writing for him to leave the driver tied in the open.

Nyx

Dropped the ball with Mike. Why would this very knowledgeable and capable man think the Cartel would involve the police in the robbery? They are going to do deal with it on their own. It's really perplexing why he's so surprised that the cops were left out of this.

No it's not, most people that find an abandoned truck and the driver bondaged next to it would indeed call the police.

Daffy Duck

That was an amazing episode, I was willing Jimmy not to go into the shop when Chuck was pushing Lance too far, and then BANG!

Wow, no idea what will happen next.

Kim was amazing again, I hated her to start with but now I'm a convert, her telling Jimmy to cover his tracks was brilliant, a subtle, I know you did it and I don't care just don't slip up and leave a tarce of what you did.

Moff

why do you think he asked repeatedly about it? he asked this because he was worried he got somebody killed, which turned out to be the truth.

he knew if whoever found the driver alerted the police everything was fine.

Dr Prob

Banned

Out-of-character writing started with Mike acting dumb as fuck in the way he concluded the robbery. Wait, are you going to leave the driver hogtied right there on the dirt for all passers-by to see? What the heck are you thinking?! Of course somebody is going to see the guy and try to help him and seal his fate. Pick up the driver and lock him in the back of the truck. Done deal. Drivers passing by only see a deserted truck so they have no real reason to stop - will probably thing the guy already called help and left and they just need to tow the truck. There sure as hell won't see a person tied and bound squirming in the dirt figuratively screaming foul play.

If Mike meant for a police car to drive by and see then again he was stupid because the Cartel would leave them out of it and he'll be risking an innocent getting caught in the middle of the situation.

After all we've seen Mike do and his smart approach and covering all his bases, it's damn inconsistent and glaring piece of writing for him to leave the driver tied in the open.

He's doing half the work and assuming that the other half goes according to plan. It's a prequel kind of thing, so it's not going to be perfect but the character needs to get from here to there somehow and it seemed ok to me. A bit weird that he felt comfortable on this road, yet good samaritans are just zooming by when things aren't on camera, but Breaking Bad was like that too sometimes.

Toothbrush cup was the thing for me. Don't want to see it with just the one toothbrush, but I have to see it with just the one toothbrush. It's a straight line yet the weight and attention to detail serve to make you forget all that. I enjoy this television show!

Micapo

What an episode! Holy shit I can't believe next week's the season finale, I could definitely do with a couple more episodes. Btw did we ever find out what song it was that played during last week's episode intro? That was a smooth tune.

Super smooth. In the podcast they said that it was an original song made for that episode.

Starfield

Can't wait to see Jimmy's tv ad next week. The little things we saw already screams Saul Goodman so much.

It's gonna be excellente

MrBadger

Fuck, that episode was so good. BrBa and Season 1 of BCS always leave the biggest cliffhangers for right before the series finale. Can't wait for next week! Imagine if Chuck died here

Chuck is such a dick. He didn't care about doing the right thing for the client. All he wanted was to clear his name and get back his reputation.

So Chuck should have just been cool with Jimmy's sabotage and accepted that he made a mistake even though he didn't? Jimmy doesn't care about the right thing for the client either, he just wants to make Kim happy.

UrbanRats

Chuck is such a dick. He didn't care about doing the right thing for the client. All he wanted was to clear his name and get back his reputation.

How can you blame Chuck at all for that whole situation?

I want Jimmy to get away with it as much as the next guy, but there is no doubt that, morally, he is completely at fault here.

Saty

No it's not, most people that find an abandoned truck and the driver bondaged next to it would indeed call the police.

The question is why is he so interested in knowing if the police came to be involved or not. It seemed to me that he wanted to get back at the Cartel for threatening his family by stealing their money and having the cops dealing with the case. But:

A. Adding the cops to the mix is unnecessary element and he could have done 'just' with screwing them away of $250K.

B. If he intended to leave the driver tied out in the open to draw the cops' attention then he should know he runs the risk of a civilian stopping to help. I'm sure most people who stop would untie the driver and make sure he's okay before calling to 911 but then the driver would have prevented him from calling.

C. If a police car would have driven by and taken a look then the driver could just feed them bogus info or refuse cooperating with the police or the Cartel could stonewall their work so they'll handle it itself. The cartel wouldn't want the police involved in any way.

why do you think he asked repeatedly about it? he asked this because he was worried he got somebody killed, which turned out to be the truth.

he knew if whoever found the driver alerted the police everything was fine.

If Mike was worried about civilians being killed then in no way, shape or form should he have left the driver tied in plain sight. If Mike had in mind minimizing the chances of innocents being hurt then he would have thrown the driver in the back of the truck.
Mike acted stupidly and was relying on the least probable outcome of somebody driving by, noticing the driver but keeps driving and calls the police. It's more likely whoever spots the driver also stops and goes to help him.

He's doing half the work and assuming that the other half goes according to plan. It's a prequel kind of thing, so it's not going to be perfect but the character needs to get from here to there somehow and it seemed ok to me. !
There should have only been half the work to be done. Take the money and dump the driver in the back. I'm not buying Mike, as we've known him in BCS, leaving this much space for stuff to get complicated.

(On the other hand, for comparison, i'm not criticizing much Jimmy forgetting to tie all the loose ends because that's part of him and his characterization and what they are trying to say about him).

Blader

Saw that ending coming, but a great episode. As excellent as S1 was (and among the best shows of last year), this season has gotten even better.

Every time I finish an ep, I'm still amazed at how a Saul prequel spin-off not only works at all, but is this good.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Kim Wexler has officially become my favourite character in the Vince-Verse. She's fantastic.

Probably not going to end too well for her though...

Got the feeling that the redheaded guy at the printer was very similar to the red headed guy that helps Saul and Skyler to get the Car Washer business.

How many episodes are left? Damn, the show's really really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom