• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

SpaceWolf

Banned
Can't shake the feeling BCS is going to end with Kim being a meth addict.

hqdefault.jpg

Seen this joke made on about five different sites now, forgive me.

Servbot24

Banned
So, Jimmy is basically Walter white now? I think they went a bit too far with Sandpiper, that basically went into evil territory

Jimmy is causing rifts in the friendships of old ladies... By season 3 of BB, Walt had murdered multiple people, intentionally ruined his partner's life in order to manipulate him and manufactured a huge amount of meth.

riotous

Banned
Jimmy is causing rifts in the friendships of old ladies... By season 3 of BB, Walt had murdered multiple people, intentionally ruined his partner's life in order to manipulate him and manufactured a huge amount of meth.

Yeah this thread fascinates me; Jimmy is a con man, has been most of his life.. honestly, he's probably done far worse than make an old lady cry before this in his life. We have no idea what happened to the array of people he conned out of money over the years. It's an absolute dogshit thing to do; could be literally causing families to lose their homes and children to starve

He's scummy before and after this; I don't think the ACT was much beyond Slippin' Jimmy, it's more his attitude about it all that is moving towards "Dead inside Saul." I've known a real life con-man or 2; they all do the same "convincing themselves they are only ripping off bad people" thing... Jimmy is losing that part of himself, but the action probably didn't cause any more harm than other shit he's done.. he just pretends they "deserve it."

duckroll

It takes an entire year for a season to reach Netflix, the UK being an exception. I'm sure those numbers are specific to AMC. Netflix numbers don't mean as much to AMC.

What are you talking about? Netflix has it same day as the US everywhere in the world.

Lothar

Banned
fair, but even so, they're not really in the same ballpark yet. And in season 2 Walt already lets Jane die so he goes full murderer pretty quick

It's a different kind of moral evil. Instead of letting people die and hiring hit men, Saul is helping out murderers and suggesting that people be murdered. Both are ok with people being killed to benefit themselves. I don't think they're too far apart morally.

It's a different kind of moral evil. Instead of letting people die and hiring hit men, Saul is helping out murderers and suggesting that people be murdered. Both are ok with people being killed to benefit themselves. I don't think they're too far apart morally.

I said "yet", I'm still talking about current BCS Jimmy

Socreges

Banned
What are you talking about? Netflix has it same day as the US everywhere in the world.

Well, he said the UK being the exception. The UK isn't in the US... so...

???
What's up, duckroll? Either I made a mistake or you misunderstood my post.

In Canada, it takes (just under) a year for a season to reach Netflix. I checked and the US is the same. The UK (and other countries?) is an exception in that they get new episodes about one day after it first airs. This is, I assume, because AMC isn't available in the UK.

duckroll

What's up, duckroll? Either I made a mistake or you misunderstood my post.

In Canada, it takes (just under) a year for a season to reach Netflix. I checked and the US is the same. The UK (and other countries?) is an exception in that they get new episodes about one day after it first airs. This is, I assume, because AMC isn't available in the UK.

UK isn't an exception. Every single country in the world with Netflix outside of North America gets it on the same day as a Netflix Original.

So it's available on Netflix in over a hundred countries on the same day.

gotoadgo

UK isn't an exception. Every single country in the world with Netflix outside of North America gets it on the same day as a Netflix Original.

Australia doesn't, it's available on another streaming service same day but not Netflix.

Socreges

Banned

*shrug* ok. You realize the conversation was about US ratings? All I cared to do was acknowledge that it isn't the same everywhere (UK "an" exception, not the).

Edit- Wait what? I just read your post again. The UK is an exception of having to wait an entire year. I think you were just misreading

duckroll

Australia doesn't, it's available on another streaming service same day but not Netflix.

Damn, sounds like it got Voltron'd. We don't get Voltron on Netflix here in Singapore because it's on the Dreamworks cable channel here. Grrrrr.

*shrug* ok. You realize the conversation was about US ratings? All I cared to do was acknowledge that it isn't the same everywhere (UK "an" exception, not the).

Edit- Wait what? I just read your post again. The UK is an exception of having to wait an entire year. I think you were just misreading

When the whole world is the "exception" other than the US, it's the US that is the exception, not the rest of the world. :p

Socreges

Banned
When the whole world is the "exception" other than the US, it's the US that is the exception, not the rest of the world. :p
Ahhh I see your confusion now. Exception:

a person or thing that is excluded from a general statement

It's dependant on context. So with:

"It takes an entire year for a season to reach Netflix, the UK being an exception."

The UK is an exception to "It takes an entire year for a season to reach Netflix"

I'm sure the fact that I singled out the UK helped confuse things.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Ahhh I see your confusion now. Exception:

a person or thing that is excluded from a general statement

It's dependant on context. So with:

"It takes an entire year for a season to reach Netflix, the UK being an exception."

The UK is an exception to "It takes an entire year for a season to reach Netflix"

I'm sure the fact that I singled out the UK helped confuse things.
lol but then how is it an exception if almost every single country (except the US) is like that? You've just called the entire world 'an exception' as if the US is the rule. That's not a 'general statement' since you're only talking about one country's specific case, not Netflix in general (where it is released at the same time across the world).

To put it another way, your statement is like saying this:

Planets have humans. Mars is an exception.

Socreges

Banned
lol but then how is it an exception if almost every single country (except the US) is like that? You've just called the entire world 'an exception' as if the US is the rule. That's not a 'general statement' since you're only talking about one country's specific case, not Netflix in general (where it is released at the same time across the world).

To put it another way, your statement is like saying this:

Planets have humans. Mars is an exception.
We were talking about AMC ratings and the chance of renewal. I made a statement that I thought was true* in that context since it was specific to the US. The exception was to my statement.

Definition of exception
: the act of excepting : exclusion
: one that is excepted; especially : a case to which a rule does not apply
I was using the word as 1.; it was interpreted as 2.

*just saw this:

AMC licenses the show to Netflix across the world, and yeah in the US with the year delay.

Netflix "ratings" matter because those numbers are used to negotiate the next season's licensing deal.
My bad. I didn't think AMC would negotiate with Netflix year-to-year. If that's true, then it makes perfect sense that ratings outside the US matter to AMC and whether or not they renew the show.

giphy.gif

duckroll

Tbh, this is all overthinking things. I think BCS is still a pretty valuable property for AMC and there's no way they would cancel it outright. If it isn't doing well enough and they want to move on, they will still give it one more season to let the creators tie it up. Like, are we seriously pretending that it being canned after S3 is a possibility at all? Or are we looking at how many seasons more to expect?

Socreges

Banned
Speaking for myself, I was just pedantically obsessed with the word 'exception'. I have no fears about BCS coming back. Plus, just listening to the creators, they're not using any qualifiers about the future unless they're talking two or more seasons out.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Nah, Jimmy & Chuck's relationship developing was the best thing about season 2. The back and forth between the two of them is brilliantly written.

Season 1 really found it's groove once we found out Chuck was a major asshole and their relationship has been the heart of the show since then.

SpaceWolf

Banned
It still amuses me how much they seemed to set up Jimmy becoming Saul with the final scene of Season 1 (Jimmy declaring he'll never allow morality to "get in the way of things again!", whilst driving off darkly humming "Smoke on the Water"), only for the writers to literally have Jimmy backtrack the decision in the first moments of Season 2.

Fury451

Banned
So, Jimmy is basically Walter white now? I think they went a bit too far with Sandpiper, that basically went into evil territory

He's a criminal lawyer, not a criminal lawyer.

it might be a little harder to accept because Jimmy on the surface wanted to do right and is such a nice guy, but the show has been playing at the fact that he can't escape what he's really good at, being a complete and utter sleazebag for the fast buck. It's only going to escalate. It's perfectly within character that they've been establishing up to this point.

Quick reminder that the show will run about 15 minutes past the hour tonight since it's a longer episode. The hour long after show will follow the episode. So that's BCS finale from 10:00-11:16pm and the after show from 11:16-12:15am according to the grid.

Top Bottom