• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Mau ®

So...

Calvin deleted all his pictures and tweets relating to Taylor today
Then Taylor deleted all her pictures and tweets about him
The THE SUN broke a story of Taylor and Tom Hiddleston hooking up not two weeks after her breakup with Calvin

rhandino

Banned
BUT THIS WILL BE THE ONE, AMIRITE?

EopG00b.gif

Floridian

Mau ®;207243479 said:
So...

Calvin deleted all his pictures and tweets relating to Taylor today
Then Taylor deleted all her pictures and tweets about him
The THE SUN broke a story of Taylor and Tom Hiddleston hooking up not two weeks after her breakup with Calvin

This is not surprising one bit. We all know how fast she is with relationships.

The most nominated album of the tournament takes on some underdogs. Who wins today?

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNERS - THE VELVET ROPE (Janet Jackson), HOW BIG, HOW BLUE, HOW BEAUTIFUL (Florence + The Machine)
200x200-000000-80-0-0.jpg
how-big-blue-beautiful-florence-machine-cd-cover-art.jpg

ELIMINATED - LEMONADE (Beyonce), BORN THIS WAY (Lady Gaga)
lemonade-beyonce-cd-cover-art.jpg
7671329_gaga_born_200.jpg

Well that's cool. Lemonade was by far your top pick during nominations (followed by The Fame Monster), but out goes the kingpin. In fact, considering Velvet Rope's sweep I wouldn't be surprised if Icicle and co. had something to do with it. Or maybe we should be talking about The Velvet Rope more? Either way, this was a close fight for second, with Florence barely edging out the better other albums.

Capture_zps68lsh0yi.png

Lemonade and The Fame Monster both out in round 2...
tumblr_n29e1fu2YL1qbeq9po1_500.gif

Florence + The Machine having all this traction...

Ya'll paying my Born This Way post dust...

I'M NOT MAD AT IT! I JUST DON'T SUPPORT IT.

THE VELVET ROPE and HBHBHB will face off in Round 3. BRACKET D, ROUND 2 COMING UP SHORTLY!

Neptune

This is a surprise! I expected Lemonade to pull through
after reluctantly voting for it along with The Velvet Rope
. Honestly, How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful is my least favourite of Florence's albums, and it seemed to come and go without much impact...

Neptune

I realized that more than any artist, I stan for Soulscribe. Queen of running contests, queen of creativity, queen of inspiring debates, queen of forcing me to make hard choices between my faves. A POPGAF legend.

MANUELF

Banned
This is me according to my votes;
Confessions On A Dance Floor - "Looking for someone to make me laugh. Please be clean. Loyal, handsome, professional and funny guy looking for same. Into scat, but please ask first."

Rhythm Nation 1814 - "I'M SICK N FUKN TIRED OF YALL FRONTIn ASS HOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MASCLIN 4 SAME IM SERIOUS IF YOU ALL EVEN A HIT OF FEMMY DIS DICK SPLITT'N OFF 2 THE HORIZON LIKE LOONEY TUNES END CREDITS, ALSO PLS BE RESPECFUL N KIND. SOLDIER 4 GOD"

I just realized this Florence y'all have been talking about was that goat throated she beast. This contest typifies everything wrong with the gay community. These results are horrifying.

All this talk about the devil incarnated made me want to dip back into her discography a little, and I just want to say that I still love Forever & Always, both the album and piano version. It has a fun hook that brinks on country cliche, but is saved by some nicely crafted lyrics that perfectly balance the melody. Actually, I'm just spewing bullshit to make an excuse for bopping to Taylor. She's a musical genius, there I said it. She's extremely obnoxious as a person, but a brilliant storyteller, and I can't help but love her for that.

MANUELF

Banned
All this talk about the devil incarnated made me want to dip back into her discography a little, and I just want to say that I still love Forever & Always, both the album and piano version. It has a fun hook that brinks on country cliche, but is saved by some nicely crafted lyrics that perfectly balance the melody. Actually, I'm just spewing bullshit to make an excuse to bopping to Taylor. She's a musical genius, there I said it. She's extremely obnoxious as a person, but a brilliant storyteller, and I can't help but love her for that.

Then listen to her debut is WAY better than Funless

Then listen to her debut is WAY better than Funless
I've listened to all her albums tonight. Fearless is her best, closely followed by Red. 1989 has some songs that already feel tired, but tracks like Out of the Woods and Welcome to New York totally make up for that. Speak Now is kind of boring outside of the singles and Haunted.

Her debut is a non-factor. Why would you suggest otherwise?

This competition is TRASH

I am abstaining from all further votes.

The Fame out? Sure, ok. The Fame Monster out? Alright.

Fucking Born This Way?

Y'all wish your faves could release an album this iconic and artistic. Literally the album of the decade.

This competition is OVER.

Yado

This competition is TRASH

I am abstaining from all further votes.

The Fame out? Sure, ok. The Fame Monster out? Alright.

Fucking Born This Way?

Y'all wish your faves could release an album this iconic and artistic. Literally the album of the decade.

This competition is OVER.

tumblr_inline_n9y54vlmrt1ri460d.png

I realized that more than any artist, I stan for Soulscribe. Queen of running contests, queen of creativity, queen of inspiring debates, queen of forcing me to make hard choices between my faves. A POPGAF legend.

Thank you babe <3

All this ire about Pander This Way when a billy goat made it past the last round. Iconic and artistic. Okay boo.
hdFeea0.gif

Nope, Rihanna didn't make it either. And how dare you. Please refrain from mentioning the best pop album of the decade unless it's to remind us that it's the best pop album of the decade.

Hell, even
Vazra
voted for it.

Mau ®

HBHBHB is a fantastic album. Y'all mad your hasbeen faves could never make a song as good as "Queen of Peace" &#128514;

Yado

Mau ®;207279671 said:
HBHBHB is a fantastic album. Y'all mad your hasbeen faves could never make a song as good as "Queen of Peace" &#128514;

mS6jzuI.gif

It's a flawless album. I say this as someone who hates Florence's screeching.

royalan

I also enjoyed HBHBHB

It's not better than Ceremonials, though.

I love Florence when she's big and bombastic. She's honestly got the vocals for it. There are so many songs on Ceremonials where she's giving you everything she's got vocally, and I love when singers do that.

HBHBHB was too low-key. Although I did like it.

Did I miss the Christina round?

Missed like Bernie supporters on an Election Day. But it's okay, we already accept that this comm would never let Christina have the time of day.

Also, Confessions is in trouble. Y'all serious about knocking out the most popular ones :0

The fact that you hoes are voting without even listening to the alberms

Xtincta is an offensively tasteless shit-for-brains who has always been eclipsed by the enormous shadow of her own wasted potential

Yet even I can admit that Back to Basics is the only "concept" album by a pop gerl in the last 10+ years that actually achieved its lofty ambitions.

Why are people complaining about Born this Pretentious? Its a bloated pandering mess and its definitely not superior to The Fame or Fame Monster. Gaga isn't this pop goddess you guys all want her to be and its time to let it go so you can get on with your lives. Love yourselves.

e6df24ab94fb8a282eea97f4d5986890.jpg

royalan

The fact that you hoes are voting without even listening to the alberms

Xtina is the most outrageously talented vocalist to come out of our generation. Every night I go to bed hoping that I'll wake up in a parallel universe where my own fave has even a third of the same level of talent and accolades.

Yet even I can admit that Back to Basics is the only "concept" album by a pop gerl in the last 10+ years that actually achieved its lofty ambitions.

I absolutely agree.

1aImr.gif

Y'all acting foolish about Born This Way. STILL. Five years pass and people are still too pressed to admit its brilliance. Give it five more years and publications everywhere will be calling it an all-time classic. Bookmark my life

Let me listen to the 14 brilliant fucking songs on this thing tonight. Whew

rhandino

Banned
Lemonade lost to HBHBHB? This comm is as problematic as a Taylor Swift concert.

I am disgusted!

tumblr_inline_o36bs3BqyD1qexcjw_500.gif

You all better vote for Self-titled and Confessions tho

Meowster

Florence + the Screech made it to the next round but not the two best major pop albums of the decade?

At least Janet made it through.

e5315415.gif

Top Bottom