• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Neptune

New Grimes song on the Suicide Squad soundtrack.

ubUl5Lm.gif

U R Not E

The Flop

Banned
I wanna feel you un- feel you under my body
I wanna feel you un- feel you un

Flex, time to impress
Come and climb in my bed
Don't be shy, do your thing
It's all in my head
Flex, time to impress
Come and climb in my bed
Don't be shy, do your thing
It's all in my head, yeah

OQzDjnD.gif

The final two albums ascending to round 3 have been determined.

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNERS - BEYONCE (Beyonce), CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR (Madonna)
200px-Beyonc%C3%A9_-_Beyonc%C3%A9.svg.png
Confessionsonadancefloor2005-Front-.jpg~c200

ELIMINATED - BACK TO BLACK (Amy Winehouse), RHYTHM NATION 1814 (Janet Jackson)
AmyBack2cd.jpg~c200
hell-hath-no-fury-sinister-x-cd-cover-art.jpg

Self-Titled delivered a blowout, claiming one of the biggest landslides so far in the game. Confessions and Back To Black were neck and neck throughout, with Rhythm Nation trailing a bit behind.

Capture_zpswqdhwiih.png

INTRODUCING YOUR TOP EIGHT ENTRANTS! You've got some classics, some indies, some contemporaries.... pretty cool balance I think. :)

Round%202%20winners_zpsgbhvon8u.png

Madonna's the only artist whose two albums survived this round. Gaga's albums were both wiped! Probably because neither of them were ARTPOP.

DOUBLE FEATURE: Most nominated albums, #5-1

5. Blackout, Britney Spears

4. E-MO-TION, Carly Rae Jepsen

3. Beyonce, Beyonce

2. The Fame Monster, Lady Gaga

1. Lemonade, Beyonce

Stay tuned for ROUND 3, and thanks again for participating in the game! Turnout's been stupid high throughout, so much appreciated! :)

Janet being eliminated over those two is wrong on countless levels.

I'll only vote for whatever rounds Velvet Rope and Ray of Light are in, because I truly do not care about the others.

I am guessing this is a similar release to Lift Me Up. Released early to comfort and connect with people during a time of need, but no indication of when the next album will be coming.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I've been bopping hard to This Is What You Came For, and I'm so disappointed in the video.

All it is is Rhat turning around five times in a giant box. She can't even bother to move her lips at some points.

SMH.

But I should have expected this after her last few shit videos.

B-Dex

So did you like the song sis?

Let the gays live it is cute... If only BBUS wasn't filled with garbage contestants and actually gave us gay showmances on live TV...tch

Bearded Paul is hot.

Hughie deserves better. His epic screaming rights with Natalie were life giving TBH.

As per, Soul-sis has done a flawless job with this tourney.

The finalists are a good mix of indie darlings, newer bubbling under pop, and critical/commercial smashes.

Upon a recent re-listen I have to admit that Vulva Rape is overrated though. And Future Lovers from Confessions is criminally overlooked, such a feast of production and timeless melodies.

QUESTION: Is I'm Addicted a Confessions outtake? Because it's too good for MDNA

I can't decide between Ray of Light and Self-Titled tbh

You know... that Top 8 are pretty pop perfection so I am not mad that Lemonade or Rhythm Nation lost.

Pop perfection but Rhythm Nation not being a part of that? Dafuq?

Escapade, Love Will Never Do, Miss You Much, Rhythm Nation shit on the majority of songs on that list from a great height. It should be in there instead of Velvet Rope tbh.

Although if I had it my way, Janet would be in there. This thread continues to disappoint me.

oh

I saw that Nick Jonas was baiting the gays again

Which means his new alberm must have just come out

I listen to it

And it makes Zayn's thing look like Thriller (or Off The Wall for those with taste)

Frodo

Urgh... Took me this long to be able to listen to Whitney's I Look to You Albern again.

It is still not easy though. :(

Frodo

How dare Rihanna be so pretty? The audacity! The nerve that chick's got!!!!! THE NERVE!!!!

Edit: First time I saw Rihanna was on S.O.S music video and I just couldn't stop looking at her. I watched that video way too many times.
She's mesmerizing.

Edit 2: Let me watch S.O.S again.

3phemeral

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬♩ ♪ ♫ ♬♩ ♪ ♫ ♬♩ ♪ ♫ ♬♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
I wish - that we could
Blow out - the speakers
Over and over - to them Jodeci cuts
Forever your lady
You act right, then maybe
Ain't nothin' to talk about with the music loud
So they won't hear me say
"Ooooh oh-oh-oh-oh-oh"

So just show a girl what it do (what it do)
After this boy, I promise it do (woah oh oh oh)
You got my body lit up like the moon
But you're too persuasive, I can't take it
I'm so caught up in youuuuuu

PEvPnm

B-Dex

I wish - that we could
Blow out - the speakers
Over and over - to them Jodeci cuts
Forever your lady
You act right, then maybe
Ain't nothin' to talk about with the music loud
So they won't hear me say
"Ooooh oh-oh-oh-oh-oh"

So just show a girl what it do (what it do)
After this boy, I promise it do (woah oh oh oh)
You got my body lit up like the moon
But you're too persuasive, I can't take it
I'm so caught up in youuuuuu

PEvPnm

Vanille gif? You disgust me.

rhandino

Banned
So y'all should I invest in a PS4 or XBO or just wait to see how the NX disappoints me first?
I mean, you can also wait for a PS4 Neo or an Xbone Scorpio too!

I was finally going to buy my PS4 this year until the rumors happened. Sigh, I guess that I will continue borrowing the console from a friend =/

Finding Dory was a surprisingly really good movie, ya'll should go watch it.

So y'all should I invest in a PS4 or XBO or just wait to see how the NX disappoints me first?

Honestly, I really like my XBO but still wish I had a PS4 sometimes. Get both :p or actually just wait for the new one's to come out next year.

I doubt the NX will disappoint too much, the Wii U still has lots of great games, I expect the same for NX.

It depends on what you're looking for honestly. PS4 has a lot coming out for it and XBO has some stuff too.
If you're looking for JRPGs and interesting first party titles like Horizon Zero Dawn then PS4. Ni No Kuni 2 is coming soon for PS4 if you're into that sort of thing.

I would not advise on getting the Neo or Scorpio just yet especially Scorpio cause it seems like it will be more of an addon than anything else just expensive.

Top Bottom