• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Frodo

Well what do you mean by "normal"? Meghan Trainor had a lead single, released an album later with marketing. Rihanna had a lead single, released an album later with marketing. Rihanna had a few lead singles, scrapped them all and later rihleased a completely different sounding album later. And by rihlease, I mean it accidentally leaked and they pretended the release day was a Wednesday. Ariana Grande had two lead singles, released an album later with marketing. 5th Harmony had a lead single, released an album later with marketing. Britney Spears had a lead single, released an album later with marketing.

Fixed. Lest we forget.

Opp: top of the page. Here, have a gif:

175iljE.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Well what do you mean by "normal"? Meghan Trainor had a lead single, released an album later with marketing. Rihanna had a lead single, released an album later with marketing. Ariana Grande had two lead singles, released an album later with marketing. 5th Harmony had a lead single, released an album later with marketing. Britney Spears had a lead single, released an album later with marketing.

Trainor? let me not
The tea about rihanna's release has been spilt
Ariana's era was also a mess, coming with a horrid "first single"

Did Britney really promote Make Me? Glory of course but that release was nearly two months later with three pretty mediocre instant grats in the interim. As much as I love ha, let us not pretend she would be capable of co hosting a three and a half hour breakfast show

I mean I guess you have a point and its just my bias excluding people
But gaga can do real, interesting global promo, that I, most importantly, care about. And to think we know virtually nothing about the album, or touring plans, or schedules, or the video
let me have my moment of hype, it may come crushing down tomorrow

Not going to lie but this new Gaga era is already perfection

pJKyv.gif

Gone are the days of ha overhyping ha music

pJKyv.gif

Gone are the days of ha former manager, now Bobby is slaying harD

pJKyv.gif

Gaga looking flawless!

pJKyv.gif

LG5 WILL SLAY

Popgaf I need to prepare for the new academic year clubbing season and in general need to refresh my music library.

I have deleted all the songs on my ipod as I keep playing the same old tracks again and again!!

Any new song recommendations? I like downloading albums too so please recommend some good new ones.

I want songs that will make me do this

giphy.gif

And this

0ieaXHB.gif

fanx!! And I hope my gurl Katy releases new music soon...Rise can only be listened to on repeat for so long :/

Popgaf I need to prepare for the new academic year clubbing season and in general need to refresh my music library.

I have deleted all the songs on my ipod as I keep playing the same old tracks again and again!!

Any new song recommendations? I like downloading albums too so please recommend some good new ones.

giphy.gif

And this

0ieaXHB.gif

fanx!! And I hope my gurl Katy releases new music soon...Rise can only be listened to on repeat for so long :/

Buy E•MO•TION on iTunes today

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

giphy.gif

And this

0ieaXHB.gif

Natalia Kills - Trouble
La Roux - Trouble in Paradise
Charli XCX -True Romance
Kimbra - The Golden Echo
Foxes - All I Need
Katy B - Honey
F(x) - 4 Walls
Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time
Ivy Levan - No Good
Wonder Girls - Reboot
Kiiara - Low Kii Savage
Jessie Ware - Devotion
Cruel Youth - 30mm (releases Sept 16)

Buy E•MO•TION on iTunes today

I heard there was a side B album released for it too...might check em out.

Natalia Kills - Trouble
La Roux - Trouble in Paradise
Charli XCX -True Romance
Kimbra - The Golden Echo
Foxes - All I Need
Katy B - Honey
F(x) - 4 Walls
Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time
Ivy Levan - No Good
Wonder Girls - Reboot
Kiiara - Low Kii Savage
Jessie Ware - Devotion
Cruel Youth - 30mm (releases Sept 16)

147537.gif

Thanx ...gonna get em! I actually have apple music lol...hope some of this stuff is on there

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Trainor? let me not
The tea about rihanna's release has been spilt
Ariana's era was also a mess, coming with a horrid "first single"

Did Britney really promote Make Me? Glory of course but that release was nearly two months later with three pretty mediocre instant grats in the interim. As much as I love ha, let us not pretend she would be capable of co hosting a three and a half hour breakfast show

I mean I guess you have a point and its just my bias excluding people
But gaga can do real, interesting global promo, that I, most importantly, care about. And to think we know virtually nothing about the album, or touring plans, or schedules, or the video
let me have my moment of hype, it may come crushing down tomorrow
I think Lady Gaga would actually promote her album. I'm actually somewhat excited for it. It won't be as fun as the Roar versus Applause era, but it still will be fun.

Vazra

I heard there was a side B album released for it too...might check em out.

147537.gif

Thanx ...gonna get em! I actually have apple music lol...hope some of this stuff is on there
Everything except Cruel Youth is there. There should be 3 songs of the EP there still

rhandino

Banned

giphy.gif

And this

0ieaXHB.gif

Carly Rae Jepsen - EMOTION and EMOTION Side B
Tegan and Sarah - Love You to Death
Gwen Stefani - This is What the Truth Feels Like
Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom
Foxes - All I Need
Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

Today is the first day of the LG5 era folks. After today everyone here will have heard Perfect Illusion and have something to say about it. I've been patiently waiting for this day for almost three years. The great ARTPOP crash of 2013, the slow reincarnation, the tributes, Oscar performances, her brand rehab.. all have led to this moment. The bitch has been quiet all year, and pop music is thirsty. Will she deliver?

My body was not made to be ready for this. Quoth our Lorde:

After two years singing standards with Tony Bennett, Gaga has been quietly working with artists like Elton John, Nile Rodgers, Tame Impala's Kevin Parker and RedOne on her fifth LP, which her producer BloodPop calls "soul-rooted, [but] pop at heart." He describes writing its upcoming single "Perfect Illusion" – "a big rock song that makes you want to dance" – with Gaga, Mark Ronson and Parker in Malibu: "They started at noon and wrote into the night. Every few days, a lyric would change and it would get better and better."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/p...ar-albums-w438379/lady-gaga-title-tbd-w438542

pls just be good

edit: a real soccer mom supporting gags!! i dont know whats going on anymore

https://twitter.com/rjoyourjoy1919/status/773869079300112384?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Phreaker

giphy.gif

And this

0ieaXHB.gif

Some of my faves of the last year or so...

Albums:
Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotions and Emotions Side-B
Sia - This Is Acting
Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
Rihanna - ANTI

EPs:
Conrad Sewell - All I Know
Alex Newell - Power
JoJo - III.

Today is the first day of the LG5 era folks. After today everyone here will have heard Perfect Illusion and have something to say about it. I've been patiently waiting for this day for almost three years. The great ARTPOP crash of 2013, the slow reincarnation, the tributes, Oscar performances, her brand rehab.. all have led to this moment. The bitch has been quiet all year, and pop music is thirsty. Will she deliver?

My body was not made to be ready for this. Quoth our Lorde:

YAAAAAAS! Everyone record your reactions so we can watch and ki.

rhandino

Banned

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I wish I had an acc on atrl
not because I want to post, but I do enjoy their mess and want to watch it unfold

rhandino

Banned
You take me higher than the rest (hey)
Oh everybody else is second best (oh oh oh-oh)
You pulled a gem out of the mess
I was so cynical before, I must confess

I5kBygj.gif

Oh you got me hi-i-igh (hey), hi-i-igh (hey), hi-i-igher

tr58xSm.gif

Speaking of korean girls are the god sis from F(x) releasing something this year? I need more of that 4 Walls goodness in my life.

Rude Looooooooooove
Rude Loooooooooooooooooove~

Vazra

Speaking of korean girls are the god sis from F(x) releasing something this year? I need more of that 4 Walls goodness in my life.

Rude Looooooooooove
Rude Loooooooooooooooooove~
Luna and Amber released solo minis and apparently Krystal may be working on a solo mini too. I expect f(x) next year. The 4 Walls tour was a big success so they will surely do more.

Vazduh

Since this thesis is killing me, I'll just drop some of my favorite (or guilty pleasure) albums of 2016, in no particular order. I've probably missed a lot of high-profile albums, but I'll leave that to someone else.

1. Kaytranada - 99,9 %
Why should you give it a listen? - If you like quality electronica, then this is the album for you. Also, support the good sis Kaytranada (yes, he is one of us!)
Choice cuts: Together (feat. AlunaGeorge & GoldLink), Lite Spots

2. All Saints - Red Flag
Why should you give it a listen? Because it's just a good album. Nothing comes close to the perfection that is One Strike, but there are plenty of solid songs in there. Very little filler and good proof that not all reunion-comeback albums have to suck.
Choice cuts: One Strike, One Woman Man

3. Rihanna - ANTI
Why should you give it a listen? It's pretty much her strongest album. Eclectic, all killer-no filler. No leftovers intended for other singers in here!
Choice cuts: Consideration (feat. SZA), Work (feat. Drake), Needed Me, Love On The Brain

4. Grace - FMA
Why should you give it a listen? Because you were in the mood for some white neo-soul in the now all-too-familiar Amy Winehouse-style. It's a good album, too.
Choice cuts: You Don't Own Me (feat. G-Eazy), Coffee, Church On Sunday, Hell Of A Girl

5. Niki & The Dove - Everybody's Heart is Broken Now
Why should you give it a listen? If you were in the mood for different kind of Swedish pop, go for this one. Also make sure to watch the music videos, which are amazing.
Choice cuts: Play It On My Radio, You Want The Sun

6. Foxes - All I Need
(is a better record label)
Why should you give it a listen? Foxes made a well-put album brimming with great melodies and hooks. Sadly, no song is on the level of "Body Talk" or "Cruel", but there's still plenty of singalongs on the rest of the album.
Choice cuts: Cruel, Body Talk, Feet Don't Fail Me Now, If You Leave Me Now

7. Britney Spears - Glory
Why should you give it a listen? Not because it's "Britney, bitch" (can we please retire that phrase already?), but because unlike the last ~album~, Myah Marie wasn't available and Britney had to sing everything by herself, and it seems she had quite a bit of creative input with this album, resulting with something actually resembling a coherent body of work.
Whoever chose "Make Me" as the first single needs to get fired, tho.
Choice cuts: If I'm Dancing, Do You Wanna Come Over?, Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

8. Troye Sivan - Blue Neighborhood
Why should you give it a listen? Because this "home of sexual" made a great pop album, from top to bottom (heheh). The incredible Allie X cowrote half of the damn thing so that's one more reason to give it a listen. Technically this is a 2015 album, but since most of the singles were released this year and Wild was re-released, it belongs in 2016.
Choice cuts: Wild, Ease (feat. Broods), Youth, Heaven

9. Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom EP
Why should you give it a listen? This one won't take away much of your precious time, since it's only 10-ish minutes long, and it's also a good preview of the much-hyped PC Music genre. Let's hope Charli keeps it up with the upcoming releases because so far she keeps reinventing herself successfuly.
Choice cuts: Vroom Vroom, Secret (Ssh)

10. Gwen Stefani - This Is What The Truth Feels Like
Why should you give it a listen? I'm torn on this one, but I'm still leaning towards recommending it. Quite a few fantastic songs in here ("Where Would I Be" is just sublime), but since they're written by the same creative team, they seem to blend into one another after a while. Still, a solid comeback after 10 years of solo inactivity.
Choice cuts: Where Would I Be?, Misery

11. Santigold - 99c
Why should you give it a listen? If you liked previous Santigold albums, there's a big chance you'll love this one, too. As eclectic as always. Sadly, no Switch on this album, but maybe he'll reappear on the next one.
Choice cuts: Big Boss Big Time Business, Chasing Shadows

12. Zayn - Mind Of Mine
Why should you give it a listen? Even if you hated One Direction, there's a good chance you'll enjoy this album. It's imperfect, overlong, messy, but also a promising start to this ex-boybander's career. It would be great if he could develop a bit more charisma next time, though? It would have certainly helped with some of the weaker cuts.
Choice cuts: Befour, It's You, PillowTalk, Intermission

13. The Knocks - 55
Why should you give it a listen? If you're looking for non-stop bops, this is the album to go for.
Choice cuts: Classic (feat. Powers), Love Me Like That (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen)

14. Beyonce - Lemonade
Why should you give it a listen? Confession time: I'm not a fan of Beyonce. She's way too calculated in everything she does which is why I never listened to her too much. Always too much artifice. However, like her or not, it's hard to deny Lemonade is a damn good album from the first minute to the last. It's not something I'd come back to, except for a couple tracks maybe, but this shows Beyonce is not just chasing the latest trends or chasing the hottest producers: she's interested in making music that will stand the test of time. Hell, count me in for her next release if it'll be like this one.
Choice cuts: Sorry, Hold Up, Formation

15. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
Why should you give it a listen? Because you're already a fan of the donut-licking chanteuse or because you love everything Max Martin-related. Either reason is valid because there's bops-a-plenty on this album.
Choice cuts: Into You, Knew Better/Forever Boy, Let Me Love You, Be Alright

16. Kiiara - Low Kii Savage EP
Why should you give it a listen? Because you're looking for the next big Tumblr hew.
Also, you love alt-electronica.
Choice cuts: Gold, Tennesee

17. Ro James - El Dorado
Why should you give it a listen? You're currently browsing for a soundtrack to get your back blown to. Well, stop right there! I've got just the thing for you. Smooth and sexy. Also, Ro himself is fine as hell.
Choice cuts: Permission, Holy Water, New Religion

18. Carly Rae Jepsen - E-MO-TION (SIDE B)
Why should you give it a listen? Loved E-MO-TION and want more? Love pure pop? Love Canada? Going to the store, to the store? Then give this a listen.
Choice cuts: Higher, Cry, Fever, Store

19. Tegan and Sara - Love You To Death
Why should you give it a listen? Because you loved their previous album and want some more well-written, polished pop tunes. Not as good as Heartthrob, but close.
Choice cuts: U-Turn, Boyfriend

20. BROODS - Conscious
Why should you give it a listen? It'll do before Lorde releases her sophomore album. Also, she's featured here as a co-writer. Oh, and it's a good album as well!
Choice cuts: Free, Heartlines

21. Roosevelt - Roosevelt
Why should you give it a listen? It's a great electropop album, and also one more "Tumblr hew" you can add to your ever-growing collection!
Choice cuts: Wait Up, Moving On

22. Miike Snow - III
Why should you give it a listen? You want more Miike Snow in your life. It's as good a reason as any!
Choice cuts: Genghis Khan, Heart Is Full

23. Meghan Trainor - Thank You
Why should you give it a listen? Because, like most of PopGAF, you hate Meghan, but also can't resist bops that are in constant rotation on the radio, TV and basically everywhere you go.
Choice cuts: NO, Better (feat. Yo Gotti)

24. Shura - Nothing's Real
Why should you give it a listen? That "Tumblr hew" collection is too small for your tastes. Also, it's an amazing album. Really. Give it a listen.
Choice cuts: Nothing's Real, What's It Gonna Be?, Indecision

Matt_

That is some high quality procrastination!
Going to get into it now. I've paid dust to Kaytranada so far even though hes worked with some of my faves. Clearly a misstep on my part because this If remix fucking slays. Time to rectify

You take me higher than the rest (hey)
Oh everybody else is second best (oh oh oh-oh)
You pulled a gem out of the mess
I was so cynical before, I must confess

I5kBygj.gif

tr58xSm.gif

You better stan!

wow....wow... fuck Lana. like seriously fuck Lana I'm DONE

I just heard snippets of a leaked song called Your Girl and how the fuck is not in UV? Like seriously? She put Guns & Roses in but left this out? Like I legit don't understand...this song sounds amazing

fuck

Top Bottom