• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Vazduh

I'm still here, luv. I'm afraid I don't have time to drag the gorls like I used to. Rest assured, if this comm tries it with Janhovah again, lashings will be administered.

janet-drops-apple-gif.gif

Entertainment Weekly - Janet Jackson's 50 best songs of all time, ranked

Well, there goes my afternoon <3

rhandino

Banned
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas at that long post, Icicle sis, I always enjoy those greatly =3

I never heard of Janet Jackson outside of Scream until I started reading forums ;_;

I never heard of Janet Jackson at all until I started reading forums too
You all need to get into ha RN!

I experienced her from time to time since my father was a fan of her old music but I never cared much about ha until, like, 2 years ago that I decided to give her entire discography a chance and my life was changed for the better.

Her first 2 albums are really not that good mind you and sound very dated (a Rihanna T) but she PUNCHED my soul out of my body with Control, stroke my hair while saying sweet things to my ear Rhythm Nation 1814 and then ravaged me completely with Janet and The Velvet Rope and it only gets better from that point.

US8JuNj.gif

I still need to get into her complete videography but almost everything I saw from her from the days I watched MTV while doing homework were complete slays.

The jump to Control is crazy. Such a good album.

Also, its crazy how good Damita Jo is. I wrote it off becauae reviewers were trashing iy after the superbowl. Its actually a really solid rnb album.

mariah-carey-charmbracelet.jpg

THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING!!

'Subtle Invitation' is so smooth. Her voice flows seamlessly over the instruments and jazz production. The melody and her voice when singing "What can I say, I had a little extra time so I figured I'd might as well explain, a couple little things to you that you probably never knew" is godly.

What's your favorite song on this album? They are all so good!

Touchdown

Banned

THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING!!

'Subtle Invitation' is so smooth. Her voice flows seamlessly over the instruments and jazz production. The melody and her voice when singing "What can I say, I had a little extra time so I figured I'd might as well explain, a couple little things to you that you probably never knew" is godly.

I KNEW I liked you!!!! Couldn't agree more on Godbracelet. My favorite is My Saving Grace which is not a popular choice but it hits me in the feels everytime.

tumblr_o7abdp3bU01rg9uzso1_400.gif

rhandino

Banned
Taylor Lautner being so irrelevant in 2016 that it has to make a Hitlord joke for his first Instagram post that involves Adam Sandler.

The struggle and lack of self-love...

THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING!!

Tell them

Sunflowers for Alfred Roy is my favorite track. The lyrics are simply gorgeous, and the bridge is divine in its subtle intensity.

Her Charmbracelet Tour is also home to my 3rd favorite era of Mimi vocals (behind Music Box and Daydream era). Her band intros were simply everything.

lawd let me listen to it again

CP8mcHxUkAAlUPU.jpg

Tokubetsu

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dkfowPS.jpg

they're very rough, like he definitely just freestyled first draft off some of these beats rough. Though one of them definitely backs my theory that Abel doesn't do features. He actually just ends out tracks that rappers pick and he goes back voer them. (theres an early version of his meek mill track out there now).

which makes me wonder if these leaks are part of the stuff he sent to rappers/other artists asking for features

Frodo

Erotica is slaying me so much lately. When I first listened to Madonna's albums I remember it being one of my least favorite, now it's in my Top 3.

"Deeper and Deeper" + "Thief of Hearts" + "Erotica" + "Rain" + "Fever"

fainting-lady-o.gif

The same thing happened to me when I first listened to Erotica.

But the album is great. It's cohesive, it's bold, and combined with the SEX book and the music videos it has produced some really iconic imagery. It's definitely one of my top 3 albums as well.

royalan

I had a dream last night that I was in a studio helping Leona Lewis with songs for her next album.

And she was in the booth recording a song called "The Wave." All I remember was that it was a ballad and the chorus had her singing "The Waaaaaaaaaaavvvvvveeeee" like a 20 second note while a gospel choir sang in the background. Very 90s Inspirationalriah.

I remember I kept stopping her in the middle of the track like "Gurl this is boring! You gotta stop making boring music people don't think you're exciting!!!"

And suddenly she's like, "people don't think I'm exciting!? Would boring bitches do this!?" And out of nowhere she pulls a sound engineer into the booth and starts having sex with him. In front of everyone.

And I was just like, "YAAAAASSSS BITCH! Now put that in a song!!!"

And then I woke up. I never got to hear the track. :(

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
a literal album's worth of weeknd tracks have leaked...

Oh wow, thats awesome. that dude has been killing it lately with features, even if they made the wrong choice of using "in the night" as a single. Maybe he releases another album this year.

Top Bottom