• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYOND: Two Souls (Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe) |OT| Press Triangle to Aiden

Maxxan

Do you still stand by this statement after finishing it?

What, about the embargo date? Well, keep in mind that:
1. Not everyone has the same embargo date.
2. The guy with the 8th of October embargo date is from Europe, where the game releases on the 11th of October.
3. Publishers who expect poor reviews usually don't send out review copies weeks in advance.

What, about the embargo date? Well, keep in mind that:
1. Not everyone has the same embargo date.
2. The guy with the 8th of October embargo date is from Europe, where the game releases on the 11th of October.
3. Publishers who expect poor reviews usually don't send out review copies weeks in advance.
That there is nothing to worry about in terms of "Sony tries to hide something". Seems like there isn't :)

There are no pure Ellen Pages.

ellen-page-super-pose-01.jpg
Look at that picture and then take a look at the previous couple of pages for some lulz. Down syndrome...

Something to note, especially if you're planning video recordings: Launching New Game after beating Beyond relocks all previously unlocked chapters in Chapter Select.
Pretty sure Heavy Rain does it the same way. Just starting the prologue from the chapter screen using the "no save" option should work.

Didn't Heavy Rain have 3 save files? Looks like this just has one.
Dunno, could be. That would be a difference. Hope the retail version has 3 though, loved that with Heavy Rain. Still alright just with one save using a combination of no save/save options, but it would be a little bit annoying.

Didn't Heavy Rain have 3 save files? Looks like this just has one.

As far as I can tell, it's just the one. It's just something to be mindful about when trying to figure out how to platinum, minimum # of playthroughs, etc.

Edit: Just finished my first playthrough on the retail version.

As far as I can tell, it's just the one. It's just something to be mindful about when trying to figure out how to platinum, minimum # of playthroughs, etc.

Ah. Oh well. If there are trophies for playing the game multiple times (e.g. get all the endings) then it would suck a bit to delete your save lol

Better just use the chapter selection then and stay away from the "New" button. Hope the game warns you at least that you are about to overwrite your save.

Replicant

Something to note, especially if you're planning video recordings: Launching New Game after beating Beyond relocks all previously unlocked chapters in Chapter Select.

Uh, wow. Thanks for the warning. Won't use "New Game" option post completion.

I hope this gets patched Day 1 though just to be safe. Unless it's meant to be intentional but I don't see why.

Ah. Oh well. If there are trophies for playing the game multiple times (e.g. get all the endings) then it would suck a bit to delete your save lol

Better just use the chapter selection then and stay away from the "New" button. Hope the game warns you at least that you are about to overwrite your save.

There is a warning. Actual text: "Starting a new story will delete the previous saved game. Are you sure you want to proceed?"

I would've preferred they added "....and that includes all unlocked chapters in the chapter select."

Note, any unlockables in the Bonus section remain unlocked.

synce

Holy shit I can't believe how much the TV commercial spoiled... While playing Beyond I was constantly surprised by all the new locations and plot twists, thank god I knew to avoid the trailers. WTF is wrong with game publishers these days?

And having beat Beyond, let me also say holy shit what an amazing game. I dreaded seeing the timeline become more and more complete... but now I'm eager to replay it and see all the alternate scenes

xillyriax

you can unlock some of the trophies just by redoing some of the chapters. There is no need to finish the chapter once you met the criteria.

DukeBobby

Holy shit I can't believe how much the TV commercial spoiled... While playing Beyond I was constantly surprised by all the new locations and plot twists, thank god I knew to avoid the trailers. WTF is wrong with game publishers these days?

And having beat Beyond, let me also say holy shit what an amazing game. I dreaded seeing the timeline become more and more complete... but now I'm eager to replay it and see all the alternate scenes

How long did it take you?

sono

That is a wonderful OT Replicant.

Also those posters of Ellen Page are quite incredible.

Day 1.

There is a warning. Actual text: "Starting a new story will delete the previous saved game. Are you sure you want to proceed?"

I would've preferred they added "....and that includes all unlocked chapters in the chapter select."

Note, any unlockables in the Bonus section remain unlocked.
Sucks, but you should have expected that considering that the chapters are directly tied to your choices and what scenes you saw etc.
So the chapter screen is probably tailored a bit based on your save. Deleting the save obviously deletes all the chapters.

But they should have given you the option to create a new save in another slot. This prevented this issue from ever surfacing in Heavy Rain, considering it works the same way. If you delete a save in HR, it deletes the chapters too.

Playtime?

red731

This OT. I am seriously impressed, mate!

I played the demo yesterday and in the beginning I was frustrated because I, by my own mistakes, was not following the character properly. After that and when the demo opened, I was more familiar with its contolls and now I am buying this game.

Since there are 23 endings, I'm pretty sure Jodie will be able to die in at least one of them.

57523-Ice-cube-Chris-tucker-damn-Fri-cQEX.gif

Question, i have this pre-orderd on amazon. Am i getting the special edition just for pre-ordering or should i specifically order the special edition.

Replicant

Question, i have this pre-orderd on amazon. Am i getting the special edition just for pre-ordering or should i specifically order the special edition.

US Amazon? You can't get special edition from US Amazon, only Gamestop. UK Amazon? You need to search for special edition version.

US Amazon? You can't get special edition from US Amazon, only Gamestop. UK Amazon? You need to search for special edition version.

Yea US Amazon, guess i will pre-order through gamestop. How good are they at delivering games, i have never orderd anything through them.

Lyng

Even if Heavy Rain was a terrible game I am very hyped for this one. It's an interesting concept for at story, and let's be honest: Everything with Willem Defoe is going to be awsome.

Danny-Boy

Man can't wait for this game. Heavy Rain was a rare gem this generation and I cannot praise David Cage enough for it. I can't believe my second playthrough just recently was just as good as my first back at launch. I've resisted the demo and all media. I'm going in fresh.

Replicant

Yea US Amazon, guess i will pre-order through gamestop. How good are they at delivering games, i have never orderd anything through them.

Hit and Miss, I'm afraid. My Ni no Kuni steelbook came dented. :/. But my Project Diva f came unscatched. I live overseas though so the shipping risk is clearly higher. Maybe you have better luck being US-bound?

2. This is not a thread to tell others that you are one of those special snowflakes who hate QTEs and David Cage. Spread your winter wonderland elsewhere and make your own thread.
3. We also don't want to hear about your definition of a "game" in this thread. And whether or not this title fits in it. You want 'real' gameplay? Go play "Tetris", I highly recommend it.
5. Concerned about the direction of gaming industry? Good. But do it elsewhere! Also, a few games with unusual gameplay will not change how other developers make their games.

forum

web01

Had no hype at all but played the demo and it was pretty damn cool, also seems like QD have really stepped it up on a technical level since Heavy Rain since nothing in that looked this good.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
For those who've played the full game, quick, non-spoiler related question:

Does Beyond suffer from the same variable quality of visual presentation scene-to-scene that Heavy Rain did? I thought it was very apparent in that game that some scenes had a lot less polish-time than others, which I found little a bit jarring.

Is Beyond consistently polished, or does it suffer from the same issue?

Skeff

For those who've played the full game, quick, non-spoiler related question:

Does Beyond suffer from the same variable quality of visual presentation scene-to-scene that Heavy Rain did? I thought it was very apparent in that game that some scenes had a lot less polish-time than others, which I found little a bit jarring.

Is Beyond consistently polished, or does it suffer from the same issue?

The first three hours are consistently polished, the scenes vary in intensity so I wasn't paying as much attention to the scenery in certain scenes, but at no point did i think any particular scene was rushed out of the door.

EXCLUSIVE video interviews from BEYOND: Two Souls Premiere in Paris

http://youtu.be/dcauJHxvTrs

Sony is going to upload the Paris premiere event soon.

By the way, I didn't know that in the European PSN store you can download for free a dymanic theme of the game.

Are there any official Beyond posters? I would buy one.
Not that I'm aware of. But Sony sends them out for promotion, so many people have one. After release they will probably start appearing on ebay, so keep your eyes open.

Better pick it up at a store near you if you don't want to wait.

Top Bottom