• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYOND: Two Souls (Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe) |OT| Press Triangle to Aiden

jwk94

So I have the special edition pre-ordered at games top but I don't get paid until Friday. Do you think they would hold it for me?

PureGone

Banned
eqQ13Tu.jpg

How is the 2 player mode like? One controls aiden and one controls Jodi?

Ah, good.

That's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. HR had a nearly 5gb install, hopefully they've done something similarly unique as the origami install for HR.
I expect the manual to be there. At least I don't know how else Sony is going to distribute a digital manual on PS3. Unless they force you to watch it on your PC like 3rd parties.

Not as good as the Origami install, but at least you have something to read :)

PureGone

Banned
Yeah i'm not going to post any more pictures. My friend is going to hook me up with a copy, going to go get it now.

I expect the manual to be there. At least I don't know how else Sony is going to distribute a digital manual on PS3. Unless they force you to watch it on your PC like 3rd parties.

Not as good as the Origami install, but at least you have something to read :)

Manual is cool, I'd also be very happy with some some random art from the game or samples of the OST playing throughout the install.

I really loved the origami install, I think I've still got the origami bird somewhere...

Yeah i'm not going to post any more pictures. My friend is going to hook me up with a copy, going to go get it now.

You lucky sonofabitch.

Cudder

I have been playing this with My girlfriend, she has been playing as Jodie with her phone and I've been Aiden on DS3, its been absolutely great, one of the best co-op gaming experiences we've had, great fun so far.

It seems like Heavy Rain but better in every way and Co-op and using a phone as a controller.

The Combat system is very interesting on the phone, I expect similar experiences with DS4 touchpad, Games like this and the touchpad could really bring casuals from phone to console.

This sounds fantastic. Heavy Rain was literally the only game where my gf was genuinely interested in playing it when she saw me watching the trailer next to her. She played through it once, but she got a bit anxious and didn't know what to do during certain scenes where you have to make quick decisions (I tried telling her that the game goes on regardless, but she still freaked out lol).

Sitting down together and having her control a character on her phone while we both make our way through the story sounds too good to be true!

Thanks David Cage!

Manual is cool, I'd also be very happy with some some random art from the game or samples of the OST playing throughout the install.

I really loved the origami install, I think I've still got the origami bird somewhere...
Yeah I expected concept art. But manual is cool too (probably includes pictures anyway). OST would be amazing as well. But since the install is smaller than Heavy Rain, it probably only takes like 5 minutes anyway.

My origami bird still sits on top of my phat PS3 :D CE is falling apart though :/

Antonio Banderas needs to be in the next Quantic Dream game.
Yeah. David Cage should become someone who revives old stars like Tarantino. Kadeem Hardison and Carl Anthony Payne are a good indicator he likes to do that. Definitely needs Banderas in one of his future games.

This game had a Paris Premier red carpet like event. I wonder what they showed on the theater screen.

http://youtu.be/dcauJHxvTrs

Lot of people.
They showed the beginning of the game. Of course they partied hart as well.

Oh and this awesome moment happened:
http://www.jeuxactu.com/beyond-two-souls-david-cage-rend-hommage-a-quantic-dream-89641.htm

Just watch the video. It's in English.

I have been playing this with My girlfriend, she has been playing as Jodie with her phone and I've been Aiden on DS3, its been absolutely great, one of the best co-op gaming experiences we've had, great fun so far.

It seems like Heavy Rain but better in every way and Co-op and using a phone as a controller.

The Combat system is very interesting on the phone, I expect similar experiences with DS4 touchpad, Games like this and the touchpad could really bring casuals from phone to console.

This sounds fantastic. Heavy Rain was one of the few games that has a story that my wife sat down and played through to the end. She tends to like puzzle games, racing games and other stuff but hates games with stories. We played through it where she would control most of it but I would take over during some of the action sequences. So that was how we played co-op. Getting an official co-op with Beyond Two Souls sounds like it'll be a perfect fit for us.

PureGone

Banned
Some Impressions so far:

Soundtrack: Awesome

Graphics: Around TLoU Prologue level of graphics, some pop in during cutscenes,

Story: Really good so far

About the non chronological time thing(no real spoilers, im just saying what the loading screen looks like):
The loading screen shows all missions you have done in a time line fashion. So you see where in the timeline your current mission is

Voice Acting: The leads are good, really good. The side characters are some really good and some not so much. Nothing Heavy Rain level bad though.

Also Lots, and i mean LOTS of replay value, shit ton of choices in this game.

Cudder

This sounds fantastic. Heavy Rain was one of the few games that has a story that my wife sat down and played through to the end. She tends to like puzzle games, racing games and other stuff but hates games with stories. We played through it where she would control most of it but I would take over during some of the action sequences. So that was how we played co-op. Getting an official co-op with Beyond Two Souls sounds like it'll be a perfect fit for us.

For a second I thought you just took my post and reworked it..lol

This sounds fantastic. Heavy Rain was literally the only game where my gf was genuinely interested in playing it when she saw me watching the trailer next to her. She played through it once, but she got a bit anxious and didn't know what to do during certain scenes where you have to make quick decisions (I tried telling her that the game goes on regardless, but she still freaked out lol).

Sitting down together and having her control a character on her phone while we both make our way through the story sounds too good to be true!

Thanks David Cage!

My only problem with the game is that the story is too
fast
at least so far.
MiyamotoZeldaFansWhatDoYouWant.jpg
Heavy Rain was too slow. Now it's too fast lol

Since it jumps all over the place, that was to be expected probably.

How far are you into the game? Since it is apparently 8-12 hours long.

Ploid 3.0

PureGone

Banned
MiyamotoZeldaFansWhatDoYouWant.jpg
Heavy Rain was too slow. Now it's too fast lol

Since it jumps all over the place, that was to be expected probably.

How far are you into the game? Since it is apparently 8-12 hours long.

about 1 and a half hour
Yeah its the jumping around that makes it seem to fast, i want to get invested into the character but the story is moving too fast. It might settle down later though

Semi spoiler regarding the post above:
it settles a little

Thats good to know.

Gestault

Bought it for $18 off Amazon. I'm stoked.

I actually find it deeply misleading (annoying) when people say they bought a game for X amount from somewhere, with no further clarification, when what they actually mean is "I got credit from an exchange, which brought the price down."

Top Bottom