• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone want to try to squad up on PS4?
Ill be online in about half an hour.

I'll be on in 30.

PSN: lostsupper

Your games are impossible to join. Whenever I finally get in, it's because GAF has gone to bed.

Silk Road is an awful map. I enjoy all the other China Rising maps, but SR is a vehicle-fest. It's very hard to take down aircraft, because even though just about everyone is an engineer, they're all driving vehicles. Or they're recons, sniping from distance.

keezy

China rising code for the PS4, quote to see:
test

Another code going out tomorrow.

@_@ I'll have to check back here.

I'm going to be off a few days this upcoming week and will be catching up on some BF. If you're on PS4 and want to party up add me PSN:knowmyKEEZ

Your games are impossible to join. Whenever I finally get in, it's because GAF has gone to bed.

Silk Road is an awful map. I enjoy all the other China Rising maps, but SR is a vehicle-fest. It's very hard to take down aircraft, because even though just about everyone is an engineer, they're all driving vehicles. Or they're recons, sniping from distance.

Send me a message next time. If the chat's full, we can split it into two chats and move everyone into a new server.

Bought BF 4 at launch and haven't tried it until yesterday. It is fun but nobody seems to be using voice chat which is a little bit of a letdown.
So if anyone is interested in playing(PS4) PSN ID=neogaf name. Oh and a little disclaimer:
I try to play the objectives but when it comes to shooting:
196.jpg

But I sure hope that improves...

Flash hider is better then nothing. Suppressors drastically reduces muzzle velocity, Comp/Muzzle break reduces accuracy while reducing recoil, and Heavy Barrel increases accuracy while upping recoil.

I use Flash hider because I use none of those.

Alot of folks have been posting their PSN and XBL ID's on this thread. I compiled a list today, but then realized GAF already has a working registration system out on the OT.

Please use it, register with whatever console you are playing on.

Playstation = http://dreamgazer.free.fr/misc/PS4.html

Xbone = http://dreamgazer.free.fr/misc/XB1.html

To view the list, go to the respective link and up at the top click on "view original spreadsheet".

Once the threads get large enough people skip the op and just post their IDs directly.
Once they post their IDs, they then make the assumption that other people/regulars are just going to go through the work of adding them for no apparent reason.

Same old same old.

Hint: add the regulars or frequent posters in this or the OT thread. From there, add gaffers as you see them or interact with them in game

Flash hider is better then nothing. Suppressors drastically reduces muzzle velocity, Comp/Muzzle break reduces accuracy while reducing recoil, and Heavy Barrel increases accuracy while upping recoil.

I use Flash hider because I use none of those.

The best thing to do is actually
Muzzle break + Potato/Ergo Grip.

Muzzle break reduces your vertical recoil at the cost of accuracy.
Potato/Ergo grip increases your accuracy at no cost.

So the two combined you get a pretty much no negative recoil reducer.

Heavy barrel + angled grip isn't as recommended since HB's recoil increase is still much greater than what the angled grip can reduce.

That said, I stick mainly with suppressor now days due to increased player size + my flanking playstyle.

I mostly use just stubby/Potato. I'm still experimenting around with guns. I agree that the Heavy Barrel/Angled doesn't work. Recoil control on Consoles is pretty hard. I admit it's a very accurate build if you could control it.

Angled grip reduces only the first shot recoil. I think it's basically only for guns with a huge first shot multiplier and burst fire weapons. Damn it would have been perfect for the An94.

BoatAck

That said, I stick mainly with suppressor now days due to increased player size + my flanking playstyle.

It sucks commander makes that difficult, more so if your team doesn't have one. I really dislike commander mode. It's even more idiotic that it's in rush. I hope there are servers with commander disabled whenever private servers go up.

I think I'll rent a server when they're available. Instant vehicle respawns, commanders, and not pre-game squads are fucking dumb.

At least we won't have to quit and restart servers to stay on the same side.

It sucks commander makes that difficult, more so if your team doesn't have one. I really dislike commander mode. It's even more idiotic that it's in rush. I hope there are servers with commander disabled whenever private servers go up.

Not just commander. Your own teammates will reveal your location by spawning on you then wrecking havoc soon after.

Not just commander. Your own teammates will reveal your location by spawning on you then wrecking havoc soon after.

Protips for newbies:
  1. Don't fire at random nothing when you're in a vehicle.
  2. Actually just don't fire at random nothing if possible.
  3. Turn off your beam/flashlight when flanking.
  4. When flanking an enemy m-com, don't reveal your squad by shooting at the enemy/vehicle that is going away from his objective.
  5. Don't run off to somewhere where you can't keep an eye on the m-com after it is armed. Let alone exit the room if the m-com is in a room.
  6. Destroy buildings that will gain you line of sight to objectives. Don't destroy buildings just so you can gain line of sight to distant enemies. "When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you". So do enemies.

Flash hider is better then nothing.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

They really need to have a Commander AI to balance that. Just spams stuff as it comes available, auto emp's opposing UAVs, etc. Doesn't promote (or auto promotes the team's Ace Squad).

But they should also offer Commanderless servers.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

They really need to have a Commander AI to balance that. Just spams stuff as it comes available, auto emp's opposing UAVs, etc. Doesn't promote (or auto promotes the team's Ace Squad).

But they should also offer Commanderless servers.

That would be OP considering how bad some human commanders already are (from my experience playing against enemy commanders.)

Killigath

To be fair. The commander console interface sucks. It's tedious with a mouse, frustrating with a controller, and wanna shoot myself uncontrollable on a touch screen. I wish you could bring up commander on a laptop for PS4. I'd be glad to run commander on nights where I am having a rough night shooting, if it was fun.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I'll be online in about 20 minutes

olimpia84

Olimpia, you need to start getting on to the PS4.
I don't like getting MVP pins/being try hard asshole all the time.

It pains me to say this but I've lost interest to the point that even though the game is fixed right now (at least that's what I've read here) I have no motivation to go back to it. And if I do go back I'll probably return to the PS3 version since I want to get the platinum trophy for it (only a couple easy trophies left for me) since I'm already used to the control layout for that game. After I get all the trophies I might jump on the PS4 version but at that point I'm afraid all interest will be gone. DICE really fucked this game up for me :(

Milennia

This was the biggest server crash i have ever experienced in this game.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/413425499075079488/238675183/

Also this one made me lose faith in randoms .. Specifically on the other team.
Whatever objective i hit.. I took, nearly no contest and when they did contest (at e for about 60% of the game) i held by myself.. The 2 supports on my squad wouldnt drop ammo so i had to pickup another weapon, ended up being my most used weapon that round because i kept killing the same guy over and over lol. (Also E cap is ridiculously easy to hold on rogue transmission as the teams are usually so farsighted they rush C ignoring their 1st contact base, same goes for B and occasionally E).
Also lol at revives, its like that every game.. Except locker of course, bc dem pointz amirite?
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/413422961056482048/238675183/

It pains me to say this but I've lost interest to the point that even though the game is fixed right now (at least that's what I've read here) I have no motivation to go back to it. And if I do go back I'll probably return to the PS3 version since I want to get the platinum trophy for it (only a couple easy trophies left for me) since I'm already used to the control layout for that game. After I get all the trophies I might jump on the PS4 version but at that point I'm afraid all interest will be gone. DICE really fucked this game up for me :(

For one, I honestly think you should try game modes other than Conquest.
(I bet you don't even have a single star unlocked for the other game modes.)

Try playing obliteration or rush with us before you make that decision.

Good late night games last night bros. We had some great teamwork going and good wins. In have a family dinner tonight but hopefully can get on at some point. Had fun playing support with the xm25, didn't have much success with claymores though. What support gadgets do the rest of you roll with?

Reminds me of Halo – which is a good thing.

Good late night games last night bros. We had some great teamwork going and good wins. In have a family dinner tonight but hopefully can get on at some point. Had fun playing support with the xm25, didn't have much success with claymores though. What support gadgets do the rest of you roll with?
I usually roll with ammo box/claymore (I usually use support on locker where there are endless people). Otherwise XM25 if I want to keep the stairway tower on C clear, or ammo box/C4 if I'm on a vehicle map. The MP-APS has yet to prove itself to me.

Hell yeah. Great games late last night. Let's do it again tonight.

So what sensitivity are everyone playing on?
I play at 50% and that's been working great for me, but it seems like more people are going for lower settings.

I play at 24%. I find that at higher sensitivities, it's difficult to make small/fine movements with the cross hair moving too fast. But then again, sensitivity is usually a matter of personal preference.

Huh looks like I'm the only one at 100% sensitivity. Wouldn't have it any other way!

I have been playing at a high sensitivity since games gave an option for that. I started BF4 with like a 40% but had to keep bumping it up til I finally reached 100%. Anything less than that and I feel like I am moving in molasses.

Top Bottom