• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

Eteric Rice

Hey guys. I know this is the consoles thread, but I bought the game on PC. I'm thinking about bringing it back because I hear it's loaded with micro-transactions. I figure you guys could answer, since it should be the same in any version of the game.

How bad is it in Battlefield 4?

Overdoziz

Banned
It doesn't have micro-transactions. I think BF3 allowed you to buy something which unlocked all the items in multiplayer straight away, but I'm not even sure if BF4 has that too. The game does have battlepack which include emblems, paintjobs, exp bonuses and certain scopes for weapons, but these are acquired through play and I'm not sure if you can buy those either.

Either way, if there are nay micro-transactions at all, they barely have any impact on the game. I haven't noticed it after ~50 hours of play on PC anyway.

Reposting for new page:

Has anyone else had issues with the share button not recording the last 15 min of game play? It seems to be recording the first 15 min of the session and then just stops. I've missed out on recording some awesome steaks because of this. Been searching online for a while with no solution found yet.

Hello guys.

I've been playing BF4 on PS3 on and off (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/EdgeyPoo/stats/201918669/ps3/ 67 hours online, heh) but now I've gotten my PS4 and I would love to upgrade the game to PS4.

However my BF4 copy didn't have an upgrade code :( Is anyone around here not interested at all in upgrading to PS4 version and could give me their code?

I don't have much to give, except a totally free copy of Dear Esther on Steam and my eternal gratitude lol :)

I would also love to play with some gaffers whenever I can get the PS4 version.

Been playing Battlefield 4 for awhile on the PS4, only run into some issues where I'm stuck on a black loading screen, this happened probably twice. Besides that this games is wonderful. I was wondering what us the best game mode to generally play? I currently just do conquest but that gets boring eventually.

Did Elzar not make it out of the PS4 launch alive?

From the waist down... or something

PSN been acting all crazy today. Managed to sneak one game of Obliteration, which coincidently completely turned me of playing anymore KZ for life, which I had been doing for two hours prior to playing my first BF4 game.

Capiche?

Been playing Battlefield 4 for awhile on the PS4, only run into some issues where I'm stuck on a black loading screen, this happened probably twice. Besides that this games is wonderful. I was wondering what us the best game mode to generally play? I currently just do conquest but that gets boring eventually.

Conquest large forever and always.

fritolay

There will be an update next week for stability issues with XB1 version of the game.

Anyone looking forward to China Rising DLC? The maps look fantastic, I have been waiting for more maps that are not urban nor desert.

Remember when PS3GAF were saying that they were good at Battlefield? Oh boy.

omg-owl.gif

meppi

Remember when PS3GAF were saying that they were good at Battlefield? Oh boy.

Says the guy who already has 50+ hours in the game and yet still couldn't keep up, when the rest of us have been playing it for a couple of hours since yesterday. lol

Says the guy who already has 50+ hours in the game and yet still couldn't keep up, when the rest of us have been playing it for a couple of hours since yesterday. lol

You're afraid to talk on mic but you want to call me out here? Cute. This is what I saw today with you folks:

Sitting behind the objectives in Rush defense. Not spawning in, repairing our own, or dealing with enemy tanks. Not joining party chat--or joining and not saying a word. Not responding to call outs or plans. Playing recon or support (without C4) on vehicle dominant maps. Sitting in positions without any view of objectives. At one point while we were attacking, someone in chat actually said "but I'll get killed" when he was urged to bring the tank up.

So congratulations on keeping up that K/D ratio today.

fritolay

Speaking of team work. I tend to just join randoms.The game crashes so I just join games and try to have fun. I don't usually use a mic, but click on "confirmative" when issued new targets.

Even in BF3 I was always, not the guy being rambo, but the guy who would run out and spot guys even if it meant I died. Running to revive people if it meant I could save some lives, and then I died. Charging tanks for the sake of a flag. I have done this on BF4 as well. I still wish we received more points for healing and reviving.

Now with recon I have been able to help keep Rush targets defended, conquest flags taken over or defended. Yet I don't get many points for that either. But you do see your team attacking the guys you spotted, and that is nice.

I do however realize if I am helping the team and that is just good enough for me.

Preemo

Banned
so who's playing this on the PS3? looking to get into some games tonight for the first time.

im a BF3 vet though (1000+hours)

You're afraid to talk on mic but you want to call me out here? Cute. This is what I saw today with you folks:

Sitting behind the objectives in Rush defense. Not spawning in, repairing our own, or dealing with enemy tanks. Not joining party chat--or joining and not saying a word. Not responding to call outs or plans. Playing recon or support (without C4) on vehicle dominant maps. Sitting in positions without any view of objectives. At one point while we were attacking, someone in chat actually said "but I'll get killed" when he was urged to bring the tank up.

You just have to put them on your back like I do
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/RejectedCarp602/stats/939290775/xbox360/

Yes, I created an alternate account because I had a Battlefield itch I needed scratched.

Killigath

A couple things I noticed:

Don't be afraid to start a lobby. Half the time when I log on we have 8-10 GAF guys all playing BF4PS4, but nobody is in PSN Chat and not many folks are in the same match. Squad up! This game is meant to be played with friends.

It's quite difficult to get in a game together at the moment, much less on the right team. If you get stuck on the opposing team, don't take it on yourself to cock block GAF squad. Wait till you can switch teams, or at least leave chat. Go start another lobby, when we fill up 2-3 chat groups we can start our own server. We had someone get stuck being the opposing team commander yesterday, that sucked. Not being able to spot enemies because a Clan mate is EMPing us.

Lastly, Lost talks alot of shit, and backs it up for the most part. I've known him for a couple years, he's a good dude. Don't take his challenges personal, it's just how he rolls. Get used to it, use it to get better, or ignore it and go do your own thing. Above all else, have fun. Winning is fun for us, we play the objective and communicate. Sometimes dicking around is fun, but you can do that on your own time, don't ruin it for the rest of us please.

Killigath

This is exactly why I don't spawn when i get switched to the other team and you are playing. Speaking of playing. Call Amazon and tell them your PS4 is busted and you need them to ship you a new one. It might work.

fritolay

I was just reading some of the assignment requirements for gun unlocks.

To get the GOL Magnum, you must complete Eagles Nest assignment...
In a round, kill 5 players from the Caspian or Firestorm towers

That is all we need is more recon sitting up in towers all match. I don't blame people for wanting to unlock this, but I wish DICE didn't promote it.

meppi

Really now?

Here's the game you rage-quit hallways though after blaming your squad mated for everything:

And yes, that was a shitty performance.

You honestly think I care about my K/D in rush mode?
Also look at the stats. I was Engineer all game. Recon or support? what?
Couldn't repair at first as I still had mines equipped when I tried to fix that tank.
Not dealing with tanks huh? Well I got a anti vehicle ribbon, so I at least got 2, just like you did. :-/
For the few times I was in a tank, I got 2 ribbons as well, so don't tell me I was back in my spawn and not pushing.

Even then, not knowing any of these maps besides Shanghai, haven't played a good rush game since BC2, and trying to unlock decent weapons and all the other shit that's still locked away, and you expect people to play exactly the way you want them to or otherwise you throw a fit and bail?
Can't say I'm sorry for not using a mic then.

olimpia84

so who's playing this on the PS3? looking to get into some games tonight for the first time.

im a BF3 vet though (1000+hours)

I'm still playing the PS3 version but will make the switch soon (trying to reach max level and platinum the PS3 before I have to train my brain for the umpteenth time to learn the PS4 controller layout, fuck you DICE). There are a couple others that still play the PS3 version too but most people jumped ship to the PS4.

Love you guys, but unless we're steamrolling people, I could use a little game variety. Rush and Obliteration (Rush lite) get pretty old after a while. 'Course, maybe I can tolerate the lag and errors that come with Conquest Large better than others.

Top Bottom