• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

Really now?

Here's the game you rage-quit hallways though after blaming your squad mated for everything:

And yes, that was a shitty performance.

You honestly think I care about my K/D in rush mode?
Also look at the stats. I was Engineer all game. Recon or support? what?
Couldn't repair at first as I still had mines equipped when I tried to fix that tank.
Not dealing with tanks huh? Well I got a anti vehicle ribbon, so I at least got 2, just like you did. :-/
For the few times I was in a tank, I got 2 ribbons as well, so don't tell me I was back in my spawn and not pushing.

Even then, not knowing any of these maps besides Shanghai, haven't played a good rush game since BC2, and trying to unlock decent weapons and all the other shit that's still locked away, and you expect people to play exactly the way you want them to or otherwise you throw a fit and bail?
Can't say I'm sorry for not using a mic then.

That was actually the first game I rage quit. Then I left the party and invited the people who were playing the objective. The second time I rage quit was during a Golmud Railway defense game.

If you're not communicating or playing with the team, you're a random. I thought the point of inviting GAF folks was to find people better than an average matchmade player. That is apparently not the case for the majority of PS3GAF I've met in BF4.

All of this sounds shitty--I get that. And there's some new people I've met that are great players. If you're off my friends list, it's not because I think you're a bad person. It's because I'm used to a certain type of social experience playing multiplayer games.

If more of you turds came online we could've played some Rush, but noooooo.
Anyway, sniping in this game is so good.

That reminds me, you sent me message...but there was no message?

Also damn, UMP is so good, finally clicked, I do not miss those support weapons.

Finally got to play with a decent sized squad of BF PS4 GAF tonight. Played with some new faces tonight, so thanks to everyone who've added me, we had some fun games.

Was the first time to use the PS4's party chat system, it's pretty useful for a game like this…I particularly like how we can still all hear each other even when the game crashes (which seemed to happen a lot to you tonight, although oddly it didn't happen to me once)

Finally got to play with a decent sized squad of BF PS4 GAF tonight. Played with some new faces tonight, so thanks to everyone who've added me, we had some fun games.

Was the first time to use the PS4's party chat system, it's pretty useful for a game like this…I particularly like how we can still all hear each other even when the game crashes (which seemed to happen a lot to you tonight, although oddly it didn't happen to me once)
You were in our game weren't you? It's either me (crakatak187), Dreamgazer, or Todahawk that players together. I'm sure there is other PS4 groups. Teswes doesn't count since he's not even a gaffer haha.

Killigath

The Twitch audio bug is annoying. I was in a match with (Dakar?) the other day and some dude was streaming on Twitch. We were in PS Party Chat, not in-game chat. Even Had him muted thru in-game chat, but he still came thru our ear buds. I thought it was bleed over from the stock ear bud, nope just a Twitch bug.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Didnt knew about his thread!

Will try to get BF4 this week... even if it takes me 3-4 days to download.

PSN ID: Fersis_4

The Twitch audio bug is annoying. I was in a match with (Dakar?) the other day and some dude was streaming on Twitch. We were in PS Party Chat, not in-game chat. Even Had him muted thru in-game chat, but he still came thru our ear buds. I thought it was bleed over from the stock ear bud, nope just a Twitch bug.
Yeah, that was me. Glad someone figured out what was causing it.

Orcus

If you're on the XB1 and in North America please add me. I'm missing playing with non-randoms and having a rough go at it since I'm new to the series. I would love to squad up with some people and bring more communication and teamwork into my games. This game probably has the most complex FPS dynamics since I played Tribes.

XBL: ORCU5

Maddocks

on ps3...

Why oh why does dice and/or EA have it set so any country can join anyone else.

I have it look for Western USA for a reason, so why do I keep getting put in servers with nothing but japanese players. Ones who kill me behind walls because my ping is terrible connecting to their servers. Come on already, had this problem with BF3, lock the damn game out.

on ps3...

Why oh why does dice and/or EA have it set so any country can join anyone else.

I have it look for Western USA for a reason, so why do I keep getting put in servers with nothing but japanese players. Ones who kill me behind walls because my ping is terrible connecting to their servers. Come on already, had this problem with BF3, lock the damn game out.

So I can't play with my European bros anymore? That's a stupid idea.

Ark

I'd love to get some GAF play on BF4, though I have no idea how to join friends' games. PSN ID is Arkano6. Really started to fall back into love with conquest tonight. Zavod 311 is a fantastic map.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'd love to get some GAF play on BF4, though I have no idea how to join friends' games. PSN ID is Arkano6. Really started to fall back into love with conquest tonight. Zavod 311 is a fantastic map.
You can join via the multiplayer menu, it'll list friends' ongoing games in a list on the side.

Hi guys. Looking for a group to play est from 9-11 ish.. I'll play whatever, just egg to pay with people who talk. Feel free to add or message me.

Ps4
Name: NarcissisticJay

Maddocks

So I can't play with my European bros anymore? That's a stupid idea.

it should give you an option on if you want worldwide or not. I put it to USA for a reason. To stick to a server that is going to give me the best possible ping, not place me with 5 players from japan, 4 from the afgan mountains and 3 more in italy.

If I have it set for servers for only west USA, should be west USA. not whatever the hell it feels like. If you want to play with your friends worldwide great, I don't.

StUnNeR H2K

On XBOX One and trying to find some good groups to roll with that actually communicate. Seems everyone I find is a mute or has yet to figure out how the chat features work on XBOX One.

Majority of my friends are still on 360, and with the 64 player conquest its tough to solo your way through a game. Need support or looking to support someone with a plan is helpful instead of aimlessly running around.

GT: StUnNeR H2K

Prefer to run Hardcore, and mainly Conquest.

Wulv

Neo Member
Good games last night. Wish I could of stayed on longer. Actually error screened once as another round was loading. Hope DICE fixes this crap.

would really like to have some people to squad up with and who like to actually talk/strategize while playing. ps4 version here. psn id: mikehagar (only one 'g', psn won't let you use 'haggar' anywhere in your name for some reason).

Dr Prob

Banned
would really like to have some people to squad up with and who like to actually talk/strategize while playing. ps4 version here. psn id: mikehagar (only one 'g', psn won't let you use 'haggar' anywhere in your name for some reason).

I'll inflict myself upon y--err, send an invite next time I'm on. Also, there's a link to Dreamgazer's player list down at the bottom of the OT.

I need to find a good alternative to the earbud or just suck it up and jam it in. Thing bugs me out, but can't go on missing the GAF Bro parties. People are already fighting!

Mahonay

Banned
I was doing pretty subpar pretty much the entire time last night, a lot of frustrating games. Then this happens during my last game of the night;
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/407758038386769984/935391053/

55 and 11.
ibgl26xDjM8OVy.gif

The silencer is insanely clutch in 64 player Conquest. I took JackFrags' advice on the attachment and I'm glad I did. It's such a ridiculous advantage when you're not coming up on enemy radar after you fire you gun.

I was doing pretty subpar pretty much the entire time last night, a lot of frustrating games. Then this happens during my last game of the night;
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/407758038386769984/935391053/

55 and 11.
ibgl26xDjM8OVy.gif

The silencer is insanely clutch in 64 player Conquest. I took JackFrags' advice on the attachment and I'm glad I did. It's such a ridiculous advantage when you're not coming up on enemy radar after you fire you gun.
god damn, son, and with only one vehicle kill as well.

Killigath

Yep. Silencers are golden, rarely run without one. Why would they put 4 per weapon in game if you weren't supposed to use them, lol.

M249 or MG4 - Kobra (RDS), Green Laser, Stubby/Tater Grip, Any Silencer.

So I decided I need to practice on my side arm play. Logged onto a PC Pistols Only server. Between me sucking with a pistol and server crashes mid game every other match I just rage/crashed. Freaking PC, you'd thing DICE would have fixed PC by now, since patches are easier to roll out. PS4 is so much more enjoyable, even with crashes.

Killigath

Heads up. I went home on my lunch break (around 1:30 central time). Turned on the PS4 in hopes of starting the China Rising download early. I went into the premium menu and there was no option to download. I fired up multiplayer, search for CR server, tried to join one. It told me I have to have premium, which I already have(and it was working giving me battlepacks and other premium rewards). Followed the link to download premium. It re-downloaded premium. Closed BF4. Re-opened BF4. Got a message in downloads saying BF4 Premium is installed. Started multiplayer, look for CR map. Same message. Endless loop.

Looked in PSN Marketplace for a CR download. No DICE (pun intended).

It may be to early to download, if someone gets it working please post and let me know how.

Dave1988

Heads up. I went home on my lunch break (around 1:30 central time). Turned on the PS4 in hopes of starting the China Rising download early. I went into the premium menu and there was no option to download. I fired up multiplayer, search for CR server, tried to join one. It told me I have to have premium, which I already have(and it was working giving me battlepacks and other premium rewards). Followed the link to download premium. It re-downloaded premium. Closed BF4. Re-opened BF4. Got a message in downloads saying BF4 Premium is installed. Started multiplayer, look for CR map. Same message. Endless loop.

It may be to early to download, if someone gets it working please post and let me know how.

Sony still haven't updated the PS Store. You're looking for something that's not there yet.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

It's not on the store yet due to Sony not updating the listing, so says DICE. It was estimated it'd be up at these times today:

Note, China Rising on consoles will begin to be available for players during the following, respective time frames:
  • Xbox 360 and Xbox One: 1:00AM PST -- 5:00AM PST, 9:00AM GMT -- 1:00PM GMT
  • PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (North America): 2:00PM PST -- 6:00PM PST, 10:00PM GMT -- 2:00AM GMT
  • PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (Europe): 2:00AM PST -- 12:00PM PST, 2:00PM GMT -- 6:00PM GMT

Top Bottom