• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

olimpia84

Yeah! Forgot the password of the previous one.

Dude are you getting a PS4? Add me.
Downloading BF4 as we speak :3

Getting a PS4? I already got one day one lol
But I'm not playing the PS4 version of this game until they sort all the shit out.

I too have BF4 thanks to the Launch Bundle. But until things get fixed I'm not even taking off the shrink wrap. Would love to PTFO with you guys though. My PSN ID is in my profile.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
emot-vd.gif

Now dolphins are really dying.

Anyone with the PS4 version could help me out? It seems I am missing a product-code in my case and the China Rising code is also not there. I only had 2 sheets of paper in my case: a buy premium ad and a white double sided "manual". Anyone had a 16 digit code in their case or something?

Funny thing is on PSN it shows China Rising as "free" but I can't download it because I am not a premium customer.

Not a big deal, it was hitting me in the feels when snipers were being hated though. But I was pretty shocked at the amount of snipers and campers my team had, it seemed like half the team was just camping on some side of the map while the rest of us tried to get in on the action.

Game doesn't work well with no teamwork.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Anyone with the PS4 version could help me out? It seems I am missing a product-code in my case and the China Rising code is also not there. I only had 2 sheets of paper in my case: a buy premium ad and a white double sided "manual". Anyone had a 16 digit code in their case or something?

Funny thing is on PSN it shows China Rising as "free" but I can't download it because I am not a premium customer.

EU or US? I have a spare European China Rising code (this won't be available to download until the 17th mind you).

EU or US? I have a spare European China Rising code (this won't be available to download until the 17th mind you).
Thank you for the offer but I got premium anyway. I was just curious because there was no code in the box (UK) but still said (without premium) I can download the game. Maybe a new batch of CDs since some were missing the codes.

Overdoziz

Banned
Having to deal with DICE incompetence is getting more frustrating by the day. Game still crashes, the patch from yesterday got delayed, China Rising still isn't up in the EU PSN store and they pretty much stopped responding on Twitter ever since the game launched. If you're gonna fuck up at least communicate with your playerbase. Giving them double exp for "Player Appreciation Week" (ugh) is not nearly enough.

no angel

Anyone here playing on the xbone? I need more bf4 squad mates, only got a couple of friends with it and I don't think they're going in for the dlc. I'm in the uk but play at odd times sometimes, love me some rush but always up for conquest (when it works). Not great but not rubbish and I play for objectives not kd, add me everyone! GT urbanpanda.

Wizman23

Banned
Played 64 player Conquest on the new maps last night and the game ran flawless other then the sound bug popping up here and there. Funny thing was before the maps finished downloading I played some games on the original maps and the game was a lagfest shit show and kicked me back to the dash a few times. The new maps are a blast and when the game works properly as it did last night this game is really fantastic. Xbox One version

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
<George Costanza voice>
So.... im kinda... you know.... actually liking the Single Player
</George Costanza>

Gameplay,Graphics, Set Pieces... everything.... except the narrative.
Got dammit, this might be the worst example of silent protagonist ever conceived.

meppi

Yeah, somehow the single player isn't as terrible as I expected. It's actually quite enjoyable at times.
Lost my save though, so I'm not playing it any further for now.

But the story is indeed garbage. I can't even be bothered to listen to what is being said and thus have no idea whatsoever about what's going on.
Something about people being angry in China, a dictator or something, yadda, yadda.

Don't know what it is, but it feels like the more I play MP, the worse I become.
Was doing pretty well with the assault riffles in the beginning. But I always played BF3 with a 870, ACOG and slugs, that or an SKS. So after unlocking everything for the 870 I need in BF4, it seems I can't hit anything with it. :-/
I think I have so far killed 2 people with slugs and miss everything else. No idea what's going on there. Buckshots are working fine, but that's not my thing.
I'm hoping that it's just a case of having to get used to it again.

The issue with enemies seeing you a second or so early as you spawn, even before you leave the black screen is starting to get on my nerves as well.
Spawning and being sniped or knifed the second I see the game pop up over and over again is infuriating.

Good lord, you guys like the campaign? So many pseudoFMVs where u can do nothing but wait so I browse GAF on my phone. On easy the enemies are still bullet sponges that take two sniper rounds or multiple shotgun blasts. The silent protagonist who's in command lets Irish run the team and doesn't intervene in the myriad of arguments that occur. Oh and friendly ai seems incapable of killing most enemies.

It was a chore to get through and I'm thankful it's as short as it was.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Good lord, you guys like the campaign? So many pseudoFMVs where u can do nothing but wait so I browse GAF on my phone. On easy the enemies are still bullet sponges that take two sniper rounds or multiple shotgun blasts. The silent protagonist who's in command lets Irish run the team and doesn't intervene in the myriad of arguments that occur. Oh and friendly ai seems incapable of killing most enemies.

It was a chore to get through and I'm thankful it's as short as it was.

FMVs were loading screens so I don't mind those, Killzone does the same thing as does a myriad of other games.

The narrative wasn't anything special. But the gameplay/setpieces were fun. I played it through on Normal and am half-way through Hard now adn I've had none of the AI or bullet sponge issues you're describing. YMMV I suppose!

FMVs were loading screens so I don't mind those, Killzone does the same thing as does a myriad of other games.

The narrative wasn't anything special. But the gameplay/setpieces were fun. I played it through on Normal and am half-way through Hard now adn I've had none of the AI or bullet sponge issues you're describing. YMMV I suppose!
I'm talking pseudoFMVs; you know, when you're in an elevator or car or walking through the ship doing jack.

Hey, dream, you have the PS4 version of BF4? I never see you online nowadays.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/408093507829323200/188837097/

I've been playing almost every night with CrakAtak, minibossbattle, todahawk and wes.
If not that, then I'm making futile attempts to get into lostsupper's rush games.

I think you're just not seeing me getingt online since neither PS4 or XB1 give those notifications anymore (understandable if you're going to have a 2000 people friend list.)

That and I'm also not posting on the forum as much.

Yeah, its been super fun. Add me to your friend's list.
Couple of things that help:
If you can look at your friends list and see if they have a party chat going on.
You can look at your friends list and join into their server.
Try to get into their team/squad then enjoy!

Still super stubborn about trying to make the attack chopper work. There is just no survivablity in that vehicle. I am going to try to use the radar scatter instead of flares but man it just needs better climbing rate. I don't have a problem with the rotation or pitch, its the painfully slow gain of altitude. Thats all it needs to make the craft better.

Yeah, its been super fun. Add me to your friend's list.
Couple of things that help:
If you can look at your friends list and see if they have a party chat going on.
You can look at your friends list and join into their server.
Try to get into their team/squad then enjoy!

Still super stubborn about trying to make the attack chopper work. There is just no survivablity in that vehicle. I am going to try to use the radar scatter instead of flares but man it just needs better climbing rate. I don't have a problem with the rotation or pitch, its the painfully slow gain of altitude. Thats all it needs to make the craft better.

Flares are a bad choice right now. With the weird netcode lag, it's difficult to time the flare properly. ECM works if you hit it as soon as you get tone, but the extinguisher is the only reliable defense loadout. That and a repair tool.

My favorite is that in the attack chopper when you are a gunner, you just don't know if the pilot is any good. Even when they are good, so much random can happen. I end up just laughing when we take off, get hit or shot at by something and we crash immediately. To be fair, the attack chopper is not a forgiving vehicle.

Not a big deal, it was hitting me in the feels when snipers were being hated though. But I was pretty shocked at the amount of snipers and campers my team had, it seemed like half the team was just camping on some side of the map while the rest of us tried to get in on the action.

There is a reason why I hate them other then an army of them shooting at me.

DoubleD

It was fun playing with you guys. Don't fret on the sniper hate. There were just so many of them on that team!

olimpia84

Sometimes I think you should just stay on PS3.
The larger teams just means larger chances of idiots ruining your w/l ratio.

Which is something I'm prepared for. That's one of the things I've been mentioning ever since this game got announced; more players = more unbalanced games. I'll definitely give Conquest Large a shot but will probably end up playing the smaller count Conquest servers later on (if even possible)
why did a buy a PS4 again?

<George Costanza voice>
So.... im kinda... you know.... actually liking the Single Player
</George Costanza>

Gameplay,Graphics, Set Pieces... everything.... except the narrative.
Got dammit, this might be the worst example of silent protagonist ever conceived.

You're not alone, the SP campaign was 'good' for me and a vast improvement over BF3.

Preemo

Banned
so when do we get to squad up in the menu prior to joining a game?

this is a massive amount of bullshit. playing with randoms is far too frustrating.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tried MP last night again:
1) Chose Conquest and the game actually sent me to a Conquest match!
2) After loading the level it crashed in the Spawn Screen before i even pressed a button

DICEy pls ;_;

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Tried MP last night again:
1) Chose Conquest and the game actually sent me to a Conquest match!
2) After loading the level it crashed in the Spawn Screen before i even pressed a button

DICEy pls ;_;

I wouldn't use the Quick Match options. They seem to select the least appropriate servers in terms of connection etc. which results in lag/server disconnects and so forth much more frequently than if you browse manually.

So last night I finally realized the annoying tone that would crop up during games was the game telling me that there was a laser designation when I was carrying a rocket capable of vehicle lock-on. Oops.

Beaulieu

Me and 4 friends are trying to play in the same squad. How the fuck can we do it ? (PS4)
We spent hours trying yesterday

Which is something I'm prepared for. That's one of the things I've been mentioning ever since this game got announced; more players = more unbalanced games. I'll definitely give Conquest Large a shot but will probably end up playing the smaller count Conquest servers later on (if even possible)
why did a buy a PS4 again?
]

I've been predominately playing rush and obliteration (32 player) games.
Conquest Large is either "spawn and die" or "super easy flag cap mvp cause too many people are focusing on vehicles/killing."

I've been predominately playing rush and obliteration (32 player) games.
Conquest Large is either "spawn and die" or "super easy flag cap mvp cause too many people are focusing on vehicles/killing."

Yeah, its really unfortunate part of the game where I can't improve on. I'm not mad, just sad that it was a death that was decided by a spawn point. I guess I learn that I have to risk it to help my squad or secure a point. The rest of the game is so rewarding for the players willing to adapt in the game.

Yeah, its really unfortunate part of the game where I can't improve on. I'm not mad, just sad that it was a death that was decided by a spawn point. I guess I learn that I have to risk it to help my squad or secure a point. The rest of the game is so rewarding for the players willing to adapt in the game.

I do wonder if the "invincible until move/action thing is still in effect like BC2/BF3.

I do wonder if the "invincible until move/action thing is still in effect like BC2/BF3.
I think so. I certainly can plug a guy for a sec or two before hitmarkers start appearing when they poop out of the air behind someone.

If only they would just remove the black screen at spawn, you know, like in the beta.
Yeah, I'm not seeing why they do it. Maybe other maps need it, but otherwise its a giant disadvantage for the player.

Top Bottom