• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

HOH spoilers?

I guess Paul threatened Kevin to throw the comp or have him put in the block (I think he's going up regardless). That kind of shit makes watching the comps boring and goes against the spirit of it being a game. He's the only playing because anyone else who even tries gets ostracized. He enforces this even among his own alliance under the pretense of loyalty. Play for yourself = on the block. Talk to someone Paul doesn't like = on the block.

Of course it's up to the HGs to stand up to this 24-year-old weasel but I cannot respect the game he's played.

Why not? It's a social game. Anytime, they could say: Fuck you Paul. Xmas and Josh can team up with Jason and Alex and boot Paul out.

They didn't. Because they're STOOPID.

JettDash

HOH spoilers?

I guess Paul threatened Kevin to throw the comp or have him put in the block (I think he's going up regardless). That kind of shit makes watching the comps boring and goes against the spirit of it being a game. He's the only playing because anyone else who even tries gets ostracized. He enforces this even among his own alliance under the pretense of loyalty. Play for yourself = on the block. Talk to someone Paul doesn't like = on the block.

Of course it's up to the HGs to stand up to this 24-year-old weasel but I cannot respect the game he's played.

He told Kevin that if he didn't throw it that he (Paul) would win and kick Kevin out this week. Kevin isn't getting kicked out.

If he can exercise so much control that he decides who wins HoH, why would he not do that? The object of the game is to win, not be a nice guy.

Why not? It's a social game. Anytime, they could say: Fuck you Paul. Xmas and Josh can team up with Jason and Alex and boot Paul out.

They didn't. Because they're STOOPID.

Christmas and Josh are not stupid for sticking with Paul. They have a better shot at getting to F3 that way. Alex and Jason on the other hand....

Farsi

That's the meanest thing she's done in the house all season. So if using mean words once makes her a "bitch," what does that make all of us? ��

Christmas is nuts, some days one on one she's super nice and thoughtful. On other days when she's in a group she becomes this cold, unmerciful bitch who loves to talk shit. She's not the worst person in the house by any means, she just has some really obvious unlikable flaws. Hamsterwatch had a perfect description of her.

INzD9ay.png

MisterHero

My point is that
people want to appreciate Paul's gameplay but paradoxically complain that no one plays the game. If you think his victory is worth crippling every other player's entire stay in the house, more power to you. I have no problem agreeing that they are remarkably stupid.

It's not too late to force players to think for themselves though. Except for the violence stuff, Paul did good, but I argue there's good TV drama to be had without him. Therefore I want him to lose.

He told Kevin that if he didn't throw it that he (Paul) would win and kick Kevin out this week. Kevin isn't getting kicked out.

If he can exercise so much control that he decides who wins HoH, why would he not do that? The object of the game is to win, not be a nice guy.

Christmas and Josh are not stupid for sticking with Paul. They have a better shot at getting to F3 that way. Alex and Jason on the other hand....

What's the point of getting to the final 3 if you can't win. They're stupid because they think either of them have a shot at beating him in the final HOH comp?

If I'm Paul, I'd boot xmas and take Josh to final. Mark, Elena, Cody all hate his guts, so that's 3 easy votes for Paul. If Xmas doesnt see this, she really is stupid.

Xmas and Josh's best bet is to take Kevin to final 3 because he can't win comps.
They needed to backdoor Paul this week but looks like he covered that part by winning veto,

JettDash

What's the point of getting to the final 3 if you can't win. They're stupid because they think either of them have a shot at beating him in the final HOH comp?

If I'm Paul, I'd boot xmas and take Josh to final. Mark, Elena, Cody all hate his guts, so that's 3 easy votes for Paul. If Xmas doesnt see this, she really is stupid.

Xmas and Josh's best bet is to take Kevin to final 3 because he can't win comps.
They needed to backdoor Paul this week but looks like he covered that part by winning veto,

Can they beat Alex and Jason at F3?

At least with Paul, he has to take one of them to F2 (unless he changes his mind and takes Raven).

Their best bet is to stick with Paul and boot Jason and Alex like he wants.

That's the meanest thing she's done in the house all season. So if using mean words once makes her a "bitch," what does that make all of us? 🤔
She was disgusting when Cody was in the house. She adopted the gang mentality and she forgot this was just a game.

You're sugar coating her too. She's done a lot of mean spirited stuff, not just said a bad thing once. I frequent the subreddit, she can be a real bitch im telling u

xaosslug

Jessica and Cody will go down amongst the most overrated Big Brother players of all time.

how so? They won competitions they needed to win (when given the chance to compete), and were a legitimate force to be reckoned with. If production hadn't messed with things Paul would have been gone week 2, lbr.

i mean Cody himself is legit responsible for Dom's eviction by sowing seeds of doubt b4 he left... LOL

JettDash

how so? They won competitions they needed to win (when given the chance to compete), and were a legitimate force to be reckoned with. If production hadn't messed with things Paul would have been gone week 2, lbr.

i mean Cody himself is legit responsible for Dom's eviction by sowing seeds of doubt b4 he left... LOL

Paul would have convinced the house to keep him.

Cody and Jess accidentally evicted Ramses when it would have been super easy to evict their target, Josh. They are terrible players.

xaosslug

Paul would have convinced the house to keep him.

Cody and Jess accidentally evicted Ramses when it would have been super easy to evict their target, Josh. They are terrible players.

i don't think so. The house turned against Cody because he took a shot at Paul, missed, and then tried to take a shot @ Christmas and missed.

had Paul not been given the time to set his game up he most def. would have been gone.

and they believed peeps that were better liars... does that make them bad players? Not at all.

JettDash

i don't think so. The house turned against Cody because he took a shot at Paul, missed, and then tried to take a shot @ Christmas and missed.

had Paul not been given the time to set his game up he most def. would have been gone.

They had been in the house for like 12 days and most of them loved Paul. Cody didn’t even tell anyone his plan because he knew they would try to talk him out of it. Paul would have stayed.

and they believed peeps that were better liars... does that make them bad players? Not at all.

The same people that all punished them during the HoH competition. Yeah it makes them absolutely terrible players.

xaosslug

They had been in the house for like 12 days and most of them loved Paul. Cody didn’t even tell anyone his plan because he knew they would try to talk him out of it. Paul would have stayed.

The same people that all punished them during the HoH competition. Yeah it makes them absolutely terrible players.

nah. Everyone got scared when he went after Christmas - who was "in their alliance" etc. But if Paul hadn't been helped by production the house would have evicted him for the simple fact that he's a vet... why do you think they gave him 4 weeks of safety in the first place? xD

and just... no. That's not how it works. Believing/trusting peeps =/= a bad player. Victor trusted peeps only to be evicted, again and again... does that make him a bad player? Nope.

i mean Raven's survived up to this point... does that make her a great player? >__> You not liking them =/= bad players.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
That HOH comp was some of the worst shit I have ever seen on the show. Really pissed at it.
I thought it was fucking amazing, Paul deserves to win after this. He didn’t just get 1 person to throw it, he got 3 to do it so a woman with a broken leg could win a foot race and do his dirty work for him! It’s beautiful!

I thought it was fucking amazing, Paul deserves to win after this. He didn’t just get 1 person to throw it, he got 3 to do it so a woman with a broken leg could win a foot race and do his dirty work for him! It’s beautiful!
He's one of the best.
I expect him to make a living being on Big Brother in the future.

That HOH comp was some of the worst shit I have ever seen on the show. Really pissed at it.

I agree. They didn't even go for a whole round. And what was that pass out during the nomination ceremony?

Where is Survivor? I need that show to come on STAT!

xaosslug

it would have been if production hadn't stepped in w/ that 3 week vacation. THAT sullies the whole thing.

JettDash

nah. Everyone got scared when he went after Christmas - who was "in their alliance" etc. But if Paul hadn't been helped by production the house would have evicted him for the simple fact that he's a vet... why do you think they gave him 4 weeks of safety in the first place? xD

Paul was in their alliance too. Or at least everyone except for Cody thought so. Why do you think that he didn't even tell anyone his plan?

and just... no. That's not how it works. Believing/trusting peeps =/= a bad player. Victor trusted peeps only to be evicted, again and again... does that make him a bad player? Nope.

Trusting people that you know don't like you to get rid of your target when you can easily force the situation by using the veto is straight idiotic game play.

i mean Raven's survived up to this point... does that make her a great player? >__> You not liking them =/= bad players.

No them doing idiotic things like evicting Ramses for Paul makes them terrible players.

mreddie

I want to respect Paul since he's playing the game, I just feel BB18, he almost won but the house has other plans, here? It's likely he'll win if Jury has no means of seeing Paul was playing them all.

xaosslug

Paul was in their alliance too. Or at least everyone except for Cody thought so. Why do you think that he didn't even tell anyone his plan?

Trusting people that you know don't like you to get rid of your target when you can easily force the situation by using the veto is straight idiotic game play.

No them doing idiotic things like evicting Ramses for Paul makes them terrible players.

all I'm gonna say is a lot of stuff went down in those 4 free weeks that solidified Paul's place in the hearts and minds of peeps that would not have happened if he did not have those 4 free weeks.

Paul would have been done if production hadn't intervened. Period.

"Trusting people that you know don't like you"

this is real easy to say from your viewer POV.

JettDash

all I'm gonna say is a lot of stuff went down in those 4 free weeks that solidified Paul's place in the hearts and minds of peeps that would not have happened if he did not have those 4 free weeks.

Paul would have been done if production hadn't intervened. Period.

Paul would have stayed either way. Period.

"Trusting people that you know don't like you"

this is real easy to say from your viewer POV.

Cody and Jess knew that the house was willing to go against their HoH since that already happened once. They knew that Cody got evicted. They knew that everyone punished them during the HoH comp that Jess won.

Yet they trusted that the house would vote out their target and didn't take the very obvious move of using the veto and ensuring it.

They're terrible players. If they were even mediocre, Josh would be sitting at home right now.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
That HOH comp was stupid. I could care less that Paul got everyone to drop, that was fine. And impressive.

What was stupid is that Christmas was even allowed to complete. She was pulled before every other physical comp, and this is a RACE... lol... she should have been sidelined before it started.

That HOH comp was stupid. I could care less that Paul got everyone to drop, that was fine. And impressive.

What was stupid is that Christmas was even allowed to complete. She was pulled before every other physical comp, and this is a RACE... lol... she should have been sidelined before it started.

pretty sure Paul told BB the plan so they wont sideline her. This guy is playing the game from all angles ^^.

JettDash

pretty sure Paul told BB the plan so they wont sideline her. This guy is playing the game from all angles ^^.

I knew it was the plan so obviously they knew. He didn't have to tell them anything.

And really, even if they sidelined her, they would have just threw it to Josh instead.

ETA: Paul is legit the most convincing person I have ever seen on this show. I even believe him (when he's explaining his plan to use the veto on Alex and vote to keep Jason to Christmas and Josh) and I know he's a self-described psychopath.

ETA2: Paul and Christmas are shitting on Raven so hard. They don't believe a word she says. I kinda wish there was a camera on Raven when she finds out what the other HGs say about her behind her back.

ETA3: I'm pretty sure that Christmas is in love with Paul and that he doesn't give a shit about her.

xaosslug

That also seems terribly suspect, a Houseguest shouldn't really have that power.

BB gave him FOUR FREE WEEKS in the house, hello? Why are peeps acting brand new? xD

BB is on some NEW SHIT as far as "returning veterans" go these past few season... they are making sure they get their money's worth.

Ramirez

Paul getting every single person to throw such an important comp is hilarious to me, how can you not respect the pull he has over every move in this house? It's crazy. You can say the people are stupid, but he has to cover every single base so that not a single person catches wind of it or really questions him.

Alex volunteering to go up as a pawn was extrememly stupid though, her hatred for Kevin has cost her the game it would seem. I don't watch live feeds, just going off the show. I thought Jason had a good shot at winning until he completely flubbed last week with Matt and Raven.

JettDash

Paul getting every single person to throw such an important comp is hilarious to me, how can you not respect the pull he has over every move in this house? It's crazy. You can say the people are stupid, but he has to cover every single base so that not a single person catches wind of it or really questions him.

Alex volunteering to go up as a pawn was extrememly stupid though, her hatred for Kevin has cost her the game it would seem. I don't watch live feeds, just going off the show. I thought Jason had a good shot at winning until he completely flubbed last week with Matt and Raven.

One of the best moves in BB history.

But apparently some people watch BB to see who amongst them is best at the 5 meter dash.

xaosslug

this thread is so DEAD. x__x

anyway, EvilD!ck spilling tea:

How do you think the season would be playing out without a returning player in the mix?

ED: This season would have been so different without Paul in the cast — an entirely different season. I feel like Paul poisoned this cast. Would it have been a good season? Who the hell knows, but it would have been VERY different, no doubt. I saw an interview with Allison Grodner. She was asked why they put a returning player in again this season when the majority of fans didn’t want any returning players. Her reply was almost comical, definitely comical now, seeing how this season has played out… She replied that it’s only one person and shouldn’t have that much affect on the game. They gave Paul more advantages than any returning player EVER on Big Brother. Why give returning players advantages to start with? It’s a big enough an advantage just being a returning player in itself.

I mean, if you can have someone like Nicole, who was terrible and evicted TWICE on her original season, come back and win her second season with all her advantages and production bullshit… Shows you that returning players shouldn’t get shit, but a spot in the house. Period.

so much for "OMG, amazing Paul!"
kdJCuNt.gif

Jasper

The irony of delusional Evel Dick complaining about Paul's three week immunity, when the only reason Evel Dick won his season was because of an advantage production handed him on a silver platter (aka.. the "America's Player" twist).

How about Dan Gheesling and his many weeks of immunity from eviction because he started of as a "coach" in his season?

How about last year when the four vets (including Nicole who won the season) had to captain their own teams of newbies...meaning the vets for the most part were also safe from eviction in the earlier weeks?

So Paul won a 3 week immunity temptation? Guess what...this is a THREE FUCKING MONTH competition, and yet somehow...he's still in the house (and it's looking likely he's going to be walking out on finale night). Someone who backstabbed and and manipulated his was to be runner up last season, has fooled nearly everyone this season (most of whom watched Paul's season - so they know how cunning he is) to keep him in the house.

Also note that it's now official. Paul has now survived more days in the Big Brother house than any other houseguest in Big Brother history.

The irony of delusional Evel Dick complaining about Paul's three week immunity, when the only reason Evel Dick won his season was because of an advantage production handed him on a silver platter (aka.. the "America's Player" twist).

How about Dan Gheesling and his many weeks of immunity from eviction because he started of as a "coach" in his season?

How about last year when the four vets (including Nicole who won the season) had to captain their own teams of newbies...meaning the vets for the most part were also safe from eviction in the earlier weeks?

So Paul won a 3 week immunity temptation? Guess what...this is a THREE FUCKING MONTH competition, and yet somehow...he's still in the house (and it's looking likely he's going to be walking out on finale night). Someone who backstabbed and and manipulated his was to be runner up last season, has fooled nearly everyone this season (most of whom watched Paul's season - so they know how cunning he is) to keep him in the house.

Also note that it's now official. Paul has now survived more days in the Big Brother house than any other houseguest in Big Brother history.

The difference between Paul and top players is the way Paul is playing. Im all for manipulation, backstabbing but Paul is just a dictator produced bybig brother. Week 1 he enters the house and is given power in the form of frienship bracelets and a week of safety. Each houseguest has to kiss his ass WEEK 1. Lets move to week 2. America gets to temp a houseguest, 3 weeks of safety is granted to Paul. Cody (the top player in the house at the time) tries to backdoor him. Paul says nope, safe for 3 weeks, EVERY OTHER TEMPTATION HAS A ONE TIME USE BUT THIS ONE, but we all knkw that (no. So in these 3 weeks Paul isnt regarded as a player, he is regarded as part of procution in the eyes of the houseguests. He is assoicated with POWER and now FEAR, fear that if you take a shot at him, he'll stay. Power in him telling people "this is the way to play." Paul has played he worst game ive ever seen. He has controlled everyones every thoughts, told people what to do, bullied, uses other people to bully for him. He has played the Charles Manson strategy. How in the fuck can anyone be entertained by this gameplay? Im assuming people like it because they like being controlled themselves. It is like a fucking cult in that house, all produced by BB, and reinforced by Paul. Dude pretends he is apart of production , everytime someone is evicted he yells "congrats on everyone making is to final *). Dont fucking talk abkut him being one of the best players when he isnt even seen as a player to these people. They still see the illusion of him being safe and FEAR his power that was reinforced since WEEK 1. (sorry if a lot of typos, typed on mobile)

Top Bottom