• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cody won it tho
tumblr_n81mmleXsd1rsh24co4_400.gif

Cody may have won the necklace, but Derrick has the power.

Agnt

I hope Donny can pull another attempt on Cody to flip the switch. Cody said it was too early to take out Caleb, well now its not too late to take out Frankie

Velcro Fly

Getting the edit where they don't want it to be super obvious to the non feed watchers that there is no chance for Donny/Nicole

UberTag

Getting the edit where they don't want it to be super obvious to the non feed watchers that there is no chance for Donny/Nicole
The outcome has been super-obvious each week for the entire season.
The only game playing being done this year is in the editing room.

Yado

Apparently someone yelled over the wall that Frankie is the saboteur and Derrick is a cop?

edit
I guess they didn't say he was a cop but he outed himself. (none of them will catch on to this)

6:45 PM Apparently a fan yelled that Frankie is the Saboteur according to Caleb. NT
6:55 PM When Caleb was telling Derrick, Derrick asks 'and I was a cop?' and Caleb says 'no'. NT

t-storm

Yeah this season hasn't been a great one overall. Only marginally better than last year. Whoever does casting needs to be fired. Next year, they need to get older players (early 30s) who watch every season.

Yeah this season hasn't been a great one overall. Only marginally better than last year. Whoever does casting needs to be fired. Next year, they need to get older players (early 30s) who watch every season.

The only reason it can be looked at as marginally better than last season is because half this cast isn't full of racists... That's an awfully low bar to clear.

The hard part about getting people in their 30's, is those people mostly have jobs that they can't just walk away from for four months. All these wannabe models and actors in their 20's have nothing but time in the summer

Fantastical

Death Prophet
People asking how the live feeds work does not need to be a problem next year. These people should know this game.

Okay, maybe throw in a couple idiots, but the rest of them should know what the fuck they are doing. They should know how to campaign, how to start alliances, what to do in certain situations, etc.

llehuty

We are not in a place to say that the best contestants are the ones that know about the show. Who were those again? Not blood in my hands Nicole and Donny? Andy 2.0 Christine?

I'd take Haydens, Brittanys and Derricks before any of those types of contestants.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
We are not in a place to say that the best contestants are the ones that know about the show. Who were those again? Not blood in my hands Nicole and Donny? Andy 2.0 Christine?

I'd take Haydens, Brittanys and Derricks before any of those types of contestants.
I think Derrick has watched the feeds before and Brittany was terrible at the game.

UberTag

The only reason it can be looked at as marginally better than last season is because half this cast isn't full of racists... That's an awfully low bar to clear.
From a gameplay perspective, I enjoyed the house full of racists a lot more than this hapless crop of puppets.

At least there were shifts in the way that season played out unlike this year.

Ganhyun

I think a lot of people see the writing on the wall that says Derrick wins this and they don't like it. The only person who seems to be willing to be against him is Donny, and everyone else just looks, nods, and goes back to Derrick and asks him to tell them what to do. Once Donny is gone, no one else is really going to stand up to him as he finally makes a decision and betrays them all one by one, while convincing the others that the ideas to do so were all theirs.

I'm calling it now, unless forced by other reasons, Victoria will make final 3 as Derrick makes sure to keep her around. She is truly his ideal Final 2.

The odds on betting for a Derrick win has to be sooooo low. even as soon as several weeks ago when it became apparent that he was running this show.

He lets Caleb think he's running the house, he lets Frankie think everyone likes him, he lets Cody think he is part of a decision making process, he lets Christine think she is actually one of the guys, he lets Victoria think that she actually has a friend.

He let Zach think that everyone actually liked his antics, and encouraged him to keep it up so that when the time came, he was an easy target.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was Derrick's campaigning behind the scenes that keeps the house all voting unanimously (except for that one time there was a split vote... he's almost pitched a perfect game up to this point.) as it's certainly what keeps him in charge yet behind the scenes... almost invisible... except to Donny, who woke up way too late to stop it.

Donny knew a long time ago but to get someone out of the house you need the votes.

He only just started campaigning for votes (his social game has been non-existent ), which is what I meant by he woke up too late.
All the support he could have gathered has all been evicted... the one bone they threw him is up on the block with him, and that does him no good.

This is only my first year watching this show, but I can only hope that it isn't usually this uneventful and predictable. I've been meaning to go back and watch previous seasons... but nothing that happened this season has really excited me enough to dedicate the time... and all the Fall shows are about to start up again, so there just won't be time.

Yado

He only just started campaigning for votes (his social game has been non-existent ), which is what I meant by he woke up too late.
All the support he could have gathered has all been evicted... the one bone they threw him is up on the block with him, and that does him no good.

This is only my first year watching this show, but I can only hope that it isn't usually this uneventful and predictable. I've been meaning to go back and watch previous seasons... but I nothing that happened this season has really excited me enough to dedicate the time... and all the Fall shows are about to start up again, so there just won't be time.

It would have been impossible since Jocasta was the only person available to work with, he tried to work with Hayden & Nicole and that backfired. All the other HG are in an ironclad alliance where they hold "hate Donny" meetings.

It would have been impossible since Jocasta was the only person available to work with, he tried to work with Hayden & Nicole and that backfired. All the other HG are in an ironclad alliance where they hold "hate Donny" meetings.

His social game was bad, he didn't make a good case to work together, and even when the Bomb Squad got blown up (early in the game), they all sat around with their thumbs up their asses letting everyone spin it as myth.

Just the fact that everyone was voting unanimously the entire time just shows that someone was pushing their will across the house. Most people were evicted before they saw what was happening, and the rest probably won't react till they are on the block.

My girl is gonna have a hard time talking me into watching next season.

I might give it 2 episodes and if it doesn't compel me to continue.. then it just doesn't compel me to continue.

NYR

After Dark was unwatchable last night. So bad. Frankie leaving is the only thing that will make me happy. I would be happy if Christine or Victoria won over Frankie.

Yado

His social game was bad, he didn't make a good case to work together, and even when the Bomb Squad got blown up (early in the game), they all sat around with their thumbs up their asses letting everyone spin it as myth.

Just the fact that everyone was voting unanimously the entire time just shows that someone was pushing their will across the house. Most people were evicted before they saw what was happening, and the rest probably won't react till they are on the block.

My girl is gonna have a hard time talking me into watching next season.

I might give it 2 episodes and if it doesn't compel me to continue.. then it just doesn't compel me to continue.

Who would betray the major alliance to work with Donny? How would that be good for anyone else's game?

I don't think social game matters with this crowd, you're either in their alliance or you're not. Amber was in it and she talked to too many people outside of it (working on her social game) and they got rid of her.

Derrick, Frankie, Cody, Caleb, Christine, Victoria, Donny & Nicole left, there are 3 who can't vote, (Cody, Donny, Nicole), which leaves 5 that can. So everyone needs 3 votes to stay.

Do you think it would be a good play this week, while they have absolute control, to backdoor Frankie out of the house and rely on numbers to make the next 2 weeks of attempting to evict Donny and Nicole?
Or should they definitely evict Donny/Nicole and then wait till next week (assuming Frankie doesn't win HOH) to back door him... and even if he does win HOH, they will just evict whoever was left from this week, and then the back stabbing can begin full force.

Derrick has Cody and Victoria in his back pocket. Caleb is easily manipulated.
with those 2-3 votes, Derrick is locked in.
Cody has Derrick and Christine - with those 2 votes he is pretty secure for now.
Victoria has Derrick and since Derrick has Cody, she also has Cody, so with those 2 votes she might be ok.
Frankie, Caleb and Christine are sheep for slaughter, preferably in that order (as I'm predicting a Derrick win).

So what happens once it's down to Final 5, and then Final 3?
When does Jury start making choices?
(first year viewer here... tryin to understand the game that they aren't playing very well)

I think a lot of people see the writing on the wall that says Derrick wins this and they don't like it. The only person who seems to be willing to be against him is Donny, and everyone else just looks, nods, and goes back to Derrick and asks him to tell them what to do. Once Donny is gone, no one else is really going to stand up to him as he finally makes a decision and betrays them all one by one, while convincing the others that the ideas to do so were all theirs.

I'm calling it now, unless forced by other reasons, Victoria will make final 3 as Derrick makes sure to keep her around. She is truly his ideal Final 2.

If Donny goes home, which is looking like a reality at this point, then honestly Derrick is the only person I want to win. This week was terrible and I had no motivation to watch it. But the only silver-lining I have after my favorite person leaves is seeing the people I hate most leave.

Who would betray the major alliance to work with Donny? How would that be good for anyone else's game?

I don't think social game matters with this crowd, you're either in their alliance or you're not. Amber was in it and she talked to too many people outside of it (working on her social game) and they got rid of her.

They had Brittany as well, but honestly it's all too late now for Donny to do anything but hang on by the skin of his teeth. even if he survives this week, and he wins HOH next week, putting up 2 people (probably Derrick and Frankie), that still leaves Derrick safe and everyone after Donny, so he has to win Veto.

I kinda want to root for Donny just because he such an underdog right now, but I kinda don't because he waited far too long to attempt to make any meaningful moves in this game.

As far as Amber... she should have shored up that female vote when she had the chance, and have them do it quietly. include all the outcast of the "Bomb Squad" and keep it quiet, and this game may have played out a little differently. She should have been plotting and scheming double agent style and protecting her ass on both sides. Or maybe make a few side deals in the house. so many if and or buts, woulda coulda shoulda's as well. I'm not really sure, as I haven't seen how the game is played (I've only seen this season). But I think Derrick did well. He made little alliances within and outside the alliance to hedge hits bets instead of putting all his eggs in one basket. He was also the voice of reason in the house, so people came to trust him and his opinion. His social game is the only one that has mattered this whole season from what I've seen. Frankie tried to do the same as well, but he can't get over himself long enough to be a successful background puppeteer like Derrick.

Kusagari

The only other person besides Derrick who I could accept winning, not including Nicole or Donny since they have zero chance, would be Caleb for the lulz.

The absolute worst winner would be Cody. I'd seriously rather have Christine win than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom