• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christine's master plan is to evict all of the girls and go to the end with 4 boys. Because that's worked out so many times in Big Brother in the past.

tumblr_m9lbmdYA001r8j5wf.gif

Nicole's master plan is to ride Hayden and lay low until there's an opening to exploit within the Detonators.

I miss my princess Britney. =(

UberTag

I know its way too early, but Derrick's mist is starting to rival Dan's mist.
I'm reserving judgment given the unprecedented caliber of stupid that is permeating within this house. At this point I'm resigned to the likelihood of this season being awful and looking forward to seeing Derrick play again in a house with people who actually know what they're doing.

It's not hard to mist idiots. Most of these people don't even know what game they're playing. Your average second-rate NBA basketball player will look like Michael Jordan if he's playing against a bunch of kindergartners who don't even know that the object of basketball is to shoot the ball in the opposing team's net.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If Dan had this stupid of a cast I might agree with you but no. This is the most newbie cast in quite a few years.
Which is funny considering how much they emphasized how much most of these guys are "superfans" in the season opening.

Dinosur

Brittany seems to think being a hot mother with 3 kids should be enough to get her into final 2.

While she has dropped a couple gold digger comments, I don't think it's entirely that. She firmly believes (and she's at least half correct) that Cody turned on her because she wouldn't hook up with him.

That's what got her all focused on the whole mom and "old" thing. Since you know, being 29 makes you ancient in this house.

Kusagari

I really don't think Derrick is that great.

He's overplayed his hand numerous times and nothing comes of it. Even the people who have said they don't trust him, hello Britt, end up telling him things for no reason. On a season with people who know what the hell they're doing I don't think the way he's played would fly at all.

The only other two people playing the game for real are basically dollar store Andy's, which also benefits him dramatically.

I really don't think Derrick is that great.

He's overplayed his hand numerous times and nothing comes of it. Even the people who have said they don't trust him, hello Britt, end up telling him things for no reason. On a season with people who know what the hell they're doing I don't think the way he's played would fly at all.

The only other two people playing the game for real are basically dollar store Andy's, which also benefits him dramatically.

I think you are underestimating Derrick. Is he great? No, but he's a very good player. He has overplayed a couple times, but his ability to talk his way into and out of situations is well above average.

As for him being on a season "with people who know what the hell they're doing", what season would that be (outside of All-Stars)? This is the way BB is, most of the seasons are 90% full of people who have no idea what they are doing, so the remaining 10% take advantage of them.

UberTag

I liked Devin towards the end there for some reason. He was annoying but at least kept things interesting.
Once BB16 is over, Devin will be remembered for providing us with the one week that was actually entertaining and interesting. Dude was great TV.

I think you are underestimating Derrick. Is he great? No, but he's a very good player. He has overplayed a couple times, but his ability to talk his way into and out of situations is well above average.

As for him being on a season "with people who know what the hell they're doing", what season would that be (outside of All-Stars)? This is the way BB is, most of the seasons are 90% full of people who have no idea what they are doing, so the remaining 10% take advantage of them.

even all-stars is way, way, way more likely to be "people who think they know what the hell they're doing"

all-stars seasons of these shows have never been about having legitimately good players fight it out, at least not as a primary goal.

1:47 AM Amber is telling Christine and Nicole in beehive room that she's ready to make a big move. She says that the girls are gettingpicked off, and uses Zach as an example of a guy that sleeps all day. Amber says she trusts Christine and Nicole, and says she doesn't know what the guys are planning come jury time.

1:47 AM Amber is telling Christine and Nicole in beehive room that she's ready to make a big move. She says that the girls are gettingpicked off, and uses Zach as an example of a guy that sleeps all day. Amber says she trusts Christine and Nicole, and says she doesn't know what the guys are planning come jury time.

Her big plan is to backdoor Donny......

beasty

Caleb is gonna get a tattoo of Amber's name on his face when he gets out of this house.There is no doubt.
I have a ex girlfriend that pretty much refused to not be my girlfriend. When someone starts behaving that way you just gotta distance yourself from them, remove all communication. Sadly for Amber she is stuck in the house with this guy.

So let me guess, 1:58 AM Christine snitches.

Derrick: 3 quick things. Just so you know, I'm not talking game in front of Zach anymore, even though he's part of our alliance and I don't think you should either because he's gonna get stuff out on us. He's just talking too much.

lol

UberTag

This season is just full of terrible & entitled players. It's practically unwatchable at this point.
I'm probably going to start skipping episodes now.

Amber is the next designated boot after Brittany loses POV today.

I have pretty much given-up on this season. I have been done with the feeds for about 10 days now, and haven't watched the Sunday and Wednesday episodes since the first week. Last Thursday was probably my last live eviction as well. I think I'm down to just watching the Rob Cesternino recaps and checking Hamster Watch once at the end of the day to verify that this isn't getting any better.

This cast should feel very thankful they are following BB15, otherwise they would be getting much more of the hate that they rightfully deserve.

I feel like this season really hasn't started yet. By this time in other seasons I hate characters, there's drama, there are cliques, etc. This season feels like a bunch of people hanging out and you know exactly what is going to happen re: gameplay.

I feel like this season really hasn't started yet. By this time in other seasons I hate characters, there's drama, there are cliques, etc. This season feels like a bunch of people hanging out and you know exactly what is going to happen re: gameplay.

This season probably never will "start". Just too many people not having any idea what the hell to do, and others who have no idea they are in the Big Brother house. Look at that house, and tell me who's going to bring the drama? Who's going to flip the switch and show they are a good gameplayer?

UberTag

POV was the traditional prize/punishment exchange comp.
Allison won the POV in BBCAN 2 from this comp despite finishing in 2nd last or 3rd last in that comp.

Victoria was the winner this time around so somebody else is going up on the block opposite Brittany.
Either Caleb or Donny (if they choose to back door either guy) or a pawn to ensure Brittany goes home.

Caleb has a bit of heat on him after the comp due to taking the 5K at the end after technically "winning" when he could have claimed veto for himself and keep Cody's nominations the same.
Cody has torched most of his bridges with this HOH run (i.e. Brittany, Amber) and had no interest in burning another.
He's put himself in the position of being wholly dependent on Christine and Derrick going forward.

Seems that the consensus is that Donny is going up as a pawn to send Brittany out of the house as per Derrick's orders.

Agnt

This season probably never will "start". Just too many people not having any idea what the hell to do, and others who have no idea they are in the Big Brother house. Look at that house, and tell me who's going to bring the drama? Who's going to flip the switch and show they are a good gameplayer?

Hayden

tumblr_inline_ms48iadcn81qz4rgp.gif

IceCold

These punishments are so wack. Brittany has to score 2400 soccer goals in the next 24 hours and Cody has to get kicked on the ass by some mechanical leg by pulling on a handle.

Parch

So there's a backdoor possibility for Caleb and they're going to evict Brittany? This house really is dumb, and Derrick really is playing these fools.

Velcro Fly

So there's a backdoor possibility for Caleb and they're going to evict Brittany? This house really is dumb, and Derrick really is playing these fools.

Caleb is easily manipulated. They could likely ride a Caleb HOH to a week of safety and getting some blood on his hands. Would be silly to backdoor him at this point. I'm sure the few people in the house playing the game would like to use Caleb to get further.

jwluther

Kind of off-topic, I guess, but BBViewer is no longer working for me. I get a message that says, "Please login to CBS", but when I go to login (using Facebook), nothing happens. Anyone know of a fix?

Kind of off-topic, I guess, but BBViewer is no longer working for me. I get a message that says, "Please login to CBS", but when I go to login (using Facebook), nothing happens. Anyone know of a fix?
I had a similar problem (I think) I signed up for CBS using my twitter account and it turns out you can't login to cbs in bbviewer by using your Facebook/Twitter/whatever. The only way to login in BBViewer is to use your email and password.

jwluther

I had a similar problem (I think) I signed up for CBS using my twitter account and it turns out you can't login to cbs in bbviewer by using your Facebook/Twitter/whatever. The only way to login in BBViewer is to use your email and password.

That's lame. I fixed my problem though! Just logged into CBS in Safari, then opened BBViewer, and everything was back to normal. I was already logged in in Chrome, but I guess that wasn't connecting.

UberTag

Caleb is easily manipulated. They could likely ride a Caleb HOH to a week of safety and getting some blood on his hands. Would be silly to backdoor him at this point. I'm sure the few people in the house playing the game would like to use Caleb to get further.
The problem is that Caleb is easily manipulated "by Derrick". And, to a lesser extent, Frankie and Amber.
He can't be a puppet for everyone else. He'll just be used against them.
And if Caleb decides he doesn't want to be a puppet any more, he'll be justified in putting Cody up on the block should he win HOH.

But you're absolutely right about it being in Derrick's best interests to keep him there as long as possible.
It'll be fun when they're wielding Caleb against their more closely aligned houseguests both outside of the Detonators and within it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom