• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
That CG trailer was really cool - reminds me of that awesome CG trailer they had for the first game.

kilongs

What!? This comes out next week? I thought it was coming out in March. Shit!

I just finished Mass Effect 1 a couple days ago to get ready for Mass Effect 2, which I only just now started. I had planned on doing the same for with Bioshock 1 -> Bioshock 2.

bistromathics said:
Just read about the research camera in the OP for the first time...so there is no picture taking in this? I loved that in the first one :(
You take recordings instead. More research is rewarded the more you experiment.
Here is a snippet of an interview from Gameplanet.

One of the the things we didn’t really like about the research camera in the first game was “hey, go start fighting this guy, then take pictures of him while he’s shooting you”. Without being able to fight back. So you’re sort of sitting there soaking up all this damage trying to get a good picture, and the game didn’t even tell you what a good picture was. I guess if it was closer to the centre of the screen it was better, other than that it was a kind of opaque, and wasn’t particularly fun. So what we’ve done with BioShock 2, it’s a kind of a system where we’ve encouraged you to play the game, and be crazy, and play it how you want to play it. So to that end, it’s now typed as a video camera. So if you see a guy you want to do research on, you basically point the camera, get him in the middle of the reticule, and it’ll start going gold so you know what guys you’re getting ready to tag, and you start the camera rolling. Then you put it away and pull out your weapon, and start fighting him. And the crazier stuff you do to him, the more research points you get. So it’s encouraging you to really engage in the gameplay, play your own style, do you own crazy stuff and you get more points if you use different plasmids, switch your weapons, or something like that. So it’s a system that instead of fighting against the gameplay like it did in the first game, in this one it’s like “hey, camera is rolling, go do crazy shit”.

Seems like a much better system.

DancingJesus said:
Nice job with the OP.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. I adored the first but for many reasons don't feel a need for a sequel.

Hopefully I'm wrong.
Holy fuck. You say "Nice Job with the OP," but apparently you didn't read it. Please don't come in here with that bullshit.

Surprised I haven't seen any TV ad's for this yet. Great OP, i'll be there on PC/Steam day one. Debating to play through the original for the 4th time, but i'll probably just jump right into the sequel. Mr. Bubbles ftw!

hednik4am

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Surprised I haven't seen any TV ad's for this yet. Great OP, i'll be there on PC/Steam day one. Debating to play through the original for the 4th time, but i'll probably just jump right into the sequel. Mr. Bubbles ftw!

Saw a trailer at several Target stores running on a loop over and over... found if kind of odd

hednik4am

Amir0x said:
is the game out yet!?

Seems like people are getting their copies, not in the US, shipped out already. Looks like we might get impressions by friday or this weekend.

Several people have thier rapture edtions from Zavvi and play.com shipped yesterday

So why will a UK outlet like play.com break the street date so often ?

BeeDog

I'll be majorly pissed if the Collector's Edition I get turns out to be the Rapture Edition (or even the orig. edition) :lol Only paid ~50€, and the product description shows a pic of the CE that includes the vinyl, so... *crosses fingers*

Looking forward to this next week. For some reason, Amazon isn't showing my order as having release day shipping, so I sent them an email. :/ Hope I don't have to wait until late-next week to play it.

Adored the first game, but for some reason I'm not day oneing this one.

I might wait it out to see what the reaction is like.

There's just so much I need/want to pick up, I need to be choosy about what I pay full price for, and what I wait for a drop on.

I've already skipped Bayonetta until a price drop, and I'll be doing the same for Heavy Rain. Mass Effect 2 will also have to wait. Hell I haven't even beat the first one yet.

But this DOES look good so far.

Thank God this game is in first person. All I could think about during the first minute of that CG trailer was Bomberman. It's terrible.

Any word on how this bad boy runs on PS3? Is it identical?

Just a heads up: anyone that pre-ordered through Amazon should take a quick look at the delivery estimate. I pre-ordered in early January, and I just had to cancel and re-order it so the release date shipping would be active. Otherwise they weren't going to deliver until late next week.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
why does the official dantes inferno have more posts than this thread :(?

not saying dantes is a bad game by any means, just saying that I thought the "demand" for bioshock 2 would be a tad higher :(

Cornballer said:
Just a heads up: anyone that pre-ordered through Amazon should take a quick look at the delivery estimate. I pre-ordered in early January, and I just had to cancel and re-order it so the release date shipping would be active. Otherwise they weren't going to deliver until late next week.

or you can go to your account page and edit your shipping options. That works also...

DigitalDevil said:
or you can go to your account page and edit your shipping options. That works also...
Does it? They specifically told me to cancel and reorder, but perhaps that's a mistake on their part. Much easier your way if it works.

Got it pre-ordered. I didn't LOVE Bioshock like a lot of people did - the shooting never felt right to me - but there was a lot of great things about it and I feel confident that I'll get enough enjoyment out of this to justify the £29.99 price on Amazon.

Could be one of the big sleeper hits of the year for me if it impresses a lot - it really wasn't on my radar until about 2 weeks ago, especially since most of the talk I heard was "lulz multiplayer why?"

Cornballer said:
Does it? They specifically told me to cancel and reorder, but perhaps that's a mistake on their part. Much easier your way if it works.

I dunno.... worked for me! Maybe that only works for prime members? *shrug*

Yes! Now that I have confirmation, I can proudly say that you all (with the exception of BruceLeeRoy) haven't seen all this thread has to offer yet. Once I work out all the details, I'll make a more formal update about it. Needless to say, you all are going to enjoy this.

Dax01 said:
Yes! Now that I have confirmation, I can proudly say that you all (with the exception of BruceLeeRoy) haven't seen all this thread has to offer yet. Once I work out all the details, I'll make a more formal update about it. Needless to say, you all are going to enjoy this.

no spoilers, right?

Spooks

So hyped for this game. I finally got around to buying Bioshock last month and it had me hooked all the way to the end. Really excited to see how the story turns out in the sequel. Not looking forward to having a splicer sneak up on me and me not knowing till I turn around :(

Dax01 said:
You take recordings instead. More research is rewarded the more you experiment.
Here is a snippet of an interview from Gameplanet.

Seems like a much better system.

Holy fuck. You say "Nice Job with the OP," but apparently you didn't read it. Please don't come in here with that bullshit.

Oh don't worry I am going to play it. But it's a legitimate concern. Not everyone in here has to lick Bioshock 2's balls just because the OP says so. This is a forum where people discuss opinions.

On a side note: the CG launch trailer was amazing. The Big Sister crashing in with the vortex of water was really neat. I hope there is at least a scripted event similar to that. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the enemy design of the large splicers. They seem kinda goofy.

KiKaL

Oh man that CG trailer got me super excited. I think I'm gonna play through Bioshock now before it comes out. Now to see if I can get the PC version's sound to work on Win7

DancingJesus said:
Oh don't worry I am going to play it. But it's a legitimate concern. Not everyone in here has to lick Bioshock 2's balls just because the OP says so. This is a forum where people discuss opinions.
I was going to say something more, but I'll just leave it at this: The OP isn't asking for people to lick "BioShock 2's balls."

Dax01 said:
I was going to say something more, but I'll just leave it at this: The OP isn't asking for people to lick "BioShock 2's balls."

Fair 'nuff

Looks like GiantBomb is ramping up the Bioshock 2 ads. Good to see those guys get some business.

IGN has an awesome summary of all the weapons that'll be in BioShock 2. Much better than my very brief write-up on all of them.:lol It tells you the weapon upgrades for each weapon, the ammo types that it can use, etc.

A new article is up on the Cult of Rapture detailing the changes made to the Bee Swarm plasmid.

And here's part one of an interview from the Playstation Blog. It contains some SP footage.

Prezhulio

Dax01 said:
And here's part one of an interview from the Playstation Blog. It contains some SP footage.

yeah, except they're using 360 footage :(. i really want to know if this team was able to make a stable experience for ps3 (especially with the 5gb install), haven't seen any footage lately for it.

Damn this game looks brutal even with all the new shit they give you for means of protecting the lil sisters. it still looks ridiculously impossible.

MNC

Hmm, I'm gonna need 3 people (including a leader) for a GAF 4 pack, perhaps. A friend and I are planning to do so with GAF, but we're not sure. So we kind of need people to be ready for a 4pack that's happening at the last moment, when we have monies ready :lol

Ok, so I went to gamestop to Preorder the CE version of Bioshock 2 and apparently you can't anymore (what the shit)

so I had to preorder it on amazon to get it. Which pisses me off now cause A. won't be getting it day 1. B. won't be getting the gamestop extra (the 2 characters to use in multiplayer or whatever).

So with that said, if anyone gets a extra code from gamestop...can you hook me up plx?

Volcynika

Fixed2BeBroken said:
Ok, so I went to gamestop to Preorder the CE version of Bioshock 2 and apparently you can't anymore (what the shit)

so I had to preorder it on amazon to get it. Which pisses me off now cause A. won't be getting it day 1. B. won't be getting the gamestop extra (the 2 characters to use in multiplayer or whatever).

So with that said, if anyone gets a extra code from gamestop...can you hook me up plx?

It should have release date delivery on Amazon, which means you could still get it day one! (At least I saw it available when I skimmed the 360/PS3 versions)

Swag

Got this on a 4 pack with GAF, hopefully my GPU will be back from RMA by next Tuesday. Would be a nice gift to play this once I get it :D

tenritsu

Banned
SuperAwesome said:
Someone posted the ending on youtube...start watching out for spoilers.
The ending is definitely not up there, the videos are photoshopped pictures of Fontaine from the first game.

Costanza

Banned
Volcynika said:
It should have release date delivery on Amazon, which means you could still get it day one! (At least I saw it available when I skimmed the 360/PS3 versions)
The CE does NOT have release date shipping, for some reason. :(

Top Bottom