• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

Scarecrow

well, blast. How can I change my Amazon info so that it ships nearer to the release date? I put it on super saver shipping, so that may explain why it says it'll ship on the 16th. But, it seems to add more days onto that.

Only played the first one recently, and loved it! So I will be down for the sequel along with you guys DAY 1 this time. :D

Its funny in a way when I realised, some fans have been waiting years for the sequel, me I'm like oh cool I'll have BioShock 2 to play soon just after playing the first. :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
one thing i despised with bioshock 1 was the wierd choppy/low frame animations of the splicers...

I wonder if they've kept working on that for bioshock 2, really hope so

fps fanatic said:
Please tell me one of em is R1 to shoot, L1 for switching plasmids..

Yep, one of them are actually. I remember 2k's Elizabeth Tobey confirming this on the official boards.

BTW, two people have independently heard from sources that IGN is going to give this game 9.6

Just a rumor at this point, but two different people have reported that now.

monkspider said:
Yep, one of them are actually. I remember 2k's Elizabeth Tobey confirming this on the official boards.

BTW, two people have independently heard from sources that IGN is going to give this game 9.6

Indeed, that is awesome to hear

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
My friend just gave me a call and told me he picked up a copy of the PS3 version. I live in Saudi Arabia and all big games come out earlier somehow (no such thing as street date around here). Too bad I already paid for my copy on Steam. :(

tenritsu

Banned
monkspider said:

Three. I just heard the same thing and was coming in to post it.

hednik4am

monkspider said:

awesome to hear. How do you feel about people who reviewed the first one reviewingthe second as well ? Like not trying to compare it to the first ?

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Screen_shot_2010-02-04_at_8_29_31_PM.png

tenritsu said:
Three. I just heard the same thing and was coming in to post it.

Wow, thanks. It sounds like it is probably a sure thing then. That is a great score.

awesome to hear. How do you feel about people who reviewed the first one reviewingthe second as well ? Like not trying to compare it to the first ?

That's a good question but I am not sure I have any real thoughts on that either way. I think it is inevitable that it will get compared to the first, but it is definitely important that the game be allowed to stand on it's own merits. If the reviewer is good, it shouldn't really matter. He should have the ability to not let his preconceptions of what a Bioshock game is color his critique too heavily, but he still has to acknowledge the game in the context of the larger series somewhat. I dunno, tough question.

J-Rod

It's been a while, so I don't remember a whole lot, but is it clear which, if either, of the endings in Bioshock 1 will be canonized?

Also, is there any word if the protaganist from part 1 will be in this game?

Like i said, I don't remember much, but I thought in one scenario he sacrifices himself for the little sisters. That would explain his absence, but wouldn't explain the continued existence of little sisters.

tuco11

Anyone know when the online review embargos end? Just wondering when we can expect..Ign, Gametrailers, 1up reviews.

thanks

Massa

J-Rod said:
It's been a while, so I don't remember a whole lot, but is it clear which, if either, of the endings in Bioshock 1 will be canonized?

Also, is there any word if the protaganist from part 1 will be in this game?

The game was written to work regardless of the ending you saw in Bioshock 1.

And if Jack is in the game we haven't heard about it.

tenritsu

Banned
I know my friend who got the review copy says that he is putting his review up Monday on GamingVice so I am assuming the rest of them will be up over the weekend/Monday.

BTW, final warning to those of you still scouring for gameplay videos out there, the ending HAS leaked and is now on Youtube. It's bad quality but is definitely the real deal and if you really wanted to spoil it for yourself it is there. I won't include a link since it is REALLY REALLY spoiler-heavy obviously but it's out there.

Firestorm

tenritsu said:
I know my friend who got the review copy says that he is putting his review up Monday on GamingVice so I am assuming the rest of them will be up over the weekend/Monday.
Was the game good enough for your friend to create a Big_Daddy twitter account?

Truant

tenritsu said:

BTW, final warning to those of you still scouring for gameplay videos out there, the ending HAS leaked and is now on Youtube. It's bad quality but is definitely the real deal and if you really wanted to spoil it for yourself it is there. I won't include a link since it is REALLY REALLY spoiler-heavy obviously but it's out there.

FUUUUUU

tenritsu

Banned
Firestorm said:
Was the game good enough for your friend to create a Big_Daddy twitter account?
:lol

I'm not allowed to discuss Roger's upcoming Twitter adventures.

PS: The ending has just been taken off Youtube.

tenritsu said:
The ending is definitely not up there, the videos are photoshopped pictures of Fontaine from the first game.
It was up as when I posted--and you eventually realized, but I saved it just in case. :D

a little off topic (not really), but I have a quick question about Bioshock 1. I'm doing a second playthrough, and the first time around I saved all the little sisters. On gamefaqs it lists two other endings, one for harvesting all the sisters and one for saving them all but one. Is is a SPECIFIC little sister I have to save for the second ending I just listed? And of the two, which one is better or more satisfying?

tenritsu said:

Can you PM the link as all searches I've done have come up empty/the videos are of a single picture with some crappy rock music.

Dyno

DigitalDevil said:
a little off topic (not really), but I have a quick question about Bioshock 1. I'm doing a second playthrough, and the first time around I saved all the little sisters. On gamefaqs it lists two other endings, one for harvesting all the sisters and one for saving them all but one. Is is a SPECIFIC little sister I have to save for the second ending I just listed? And of the two, which one is better or more satisfying?

I think you have it mixed up. There is a good ending if you save them all and a bad ending if you harvest even one.

I was going to replay Bioshock 1 before 2, but then Mass Effect 2 happened and that play-through got waylaid/destroyed. Now I don't think I can be bothered before 2 (or, playing 1 will make me tired of the formula/Rapture this close to 2's release).

I am really excited for this. I'm hopeful for an arrival tomorrow, given Zavvi's 3-day-ago dispatch...

Spydy

Banned
hednik4am said:
So is the PS3 version the "then also" version of this game ? Why the hesitancy on it ?

PS3 version should run just fine. I had to switch my PS3 to 720p from 1080p when playing the original as it didn't upscale very well. This may have been fixed for the sequel, but worth mentioning all the same.

DigitalDevil said:
this! I'm starting my Bioshock 1 replay and not looking at ANY MORE VIDEOS

I have done both, Bioshock 1 atmosphere and story still hold up with the best of 'em.

I have been on full media blackout for about a month now.

Here's hoping for something along the lines of Cohen's Masterpiece. I'm buying this game. Fuck the haters (although their reasoning is solid). I loved Rapture and will not hesistate at the chance to go back. I won't even look at the multiplayer though.

JSnake

tenritsu said:

Yeah, Wired Game|Life's review is going up on Monday too.

SelfCon

Pre-ordered the PS3 Special Edition yesterday. Can't wait!

Anyone know why gamestop stopped taking pre-orders for the 360 SE? Sold out?

Wiggum2007

SuperAwesome said:
Link to the ending.

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

Noooooo why post a link here!? I don't think anyone interested in the game here feels like getting the ending spoiled!

Top Bottom