• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Mesa Source |OT| Do you know who ate all the donuts?

Drencrom

And torrent is done, I'll keep seeding as long as possible :)

iKeoEYJcicce2.jpg

The M.O.B

First chapter complete.

Amazing remake, that have done Half-Life justice thus far.

Voice overs are excellent, people judging it before it came out are looking real dumb.

Worth the Wait.................5 Stars...............2 Thumbs up......................time for the next chapter.

Fuct

Neo Member
anybody else see this in the ShackNews zip file?

(the folder is empty though)

FgE3s.jpg

lol. Anyhow, just checksum the files to make sure it's the real deal.
Code:
f1d86575816f4c6994a5657eebf76409 *BlackMesa.7z
502b417a7857c3ffb82a8b2c93ee1ecf *BlackMesa-Setup.exe

I can confirm that the DHT enabled torrrent posted earlier (props to the OP) has the same content as the original torrent.

Liseda

Uh, it launched perfectly fine the first time but when I wanted to change my launch options it just stopped launching after it :(

Adamm

After sitting at around 100kb/sec for about an hour my torrent has finally decided to do something.

3.5mb/sec!

Hurry up!

justjim89

The shacknews mirror is taking forever, and the official torrent page won't come up for me. Damn it, I just want to play this.

So I need to extract all of this to Steamapps > source mods? Just throw a big jumble of files and folders in there? Why isn't there a single root folder for all of this to go into?

bee

So I need to extract all of this to Steamapps > source mods? Just throw a big jumble of files and folders in there? Why isn't there a single root folder for all of this to go into?

no? there's an installer, well there is with the torrent in the OP anyway

10esxa.jpg

this is a looong install

Owensboro

First chapter complete.

Amazing remake, that have done Half-Life justice thus far.

Voice overs are excellent, people judging it before it came out are looking real dumb.

Worth the Wait.................5 Stars...............2 Thumbs up......................time for the next chapter.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the voice overs are "excellent" but they are definitely around the quality of "Fan Mod". It sounds like a lot of people trying to have fun while doing voices. Wooden at some points, over dramatic or monotone in others. Considering voice work was never really the high point of HL1, It doesn't bother me a bit.

Just made it to "Office Complex", and I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this. I haven't played the original HL in probably around 5 or so years, but I did play Blue Shift around 5 months ago. So far, it's really captured that Half-Life feel and is making me remember how much I loved the original. That music when I got the HEV suit for the first time was great (
as was pushing the alarm button at the first security desk
). It's pretty funny when I get to a puzzle or something and think "Man, I remember getting stuck here before.... crap...", and then find the answer after exploring a bit. Now it's time to go through the section I remember making me hate headcrabs the most. Oh Office Complex, at least you let me electrocute them.

Oh, also, if you never played these games before, get ready for some jumping puzzles. I just died 4 times on one because I was trying to rush it. Thank god for QS / QL.

Already had a game breaking bug in the first 10 minutes. Fell out of the first elevator, didn't get the loading screen, unable to proceed (even with noclip), had to start over. Also, some NPC just disappeared in front of my eyes.

solarus

Everyone who was shitting on this game in the gameplay clip thread before is gonna eat crow, this seems amazing so far.

After playing this for a good hour, i can safely say that they mod team did justice to Half Life so far!! The game is really stable for me and it is giving me chills with the music and the atmosphere after the cascade resonance.

I'm waiting for the haters that continually bashed this mod over the years to start posting.

EDIT: I really liked the houndeye sound effects, pretty neat.

Top Bottom