• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordOfChaos

Well it's hyped like hell so a 75 wouldnt be good compared to hype

I mean I'd call that underwhelming, not a fraud

A fraud would be if this was all Fugazi and the real game is not even close to what they showed and implied and their plan was just to get that preorder money and run

Kings Field

80-84. If it scores that or better I’ll be buying it day 1. If not I’ll wait until Black Friday sale if it’s on sale.

Braag

Probably 70% with half of the written reviews talking about sexism in the studio.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

They didnt add sweetbaby inc.. so i am going to guess all the woke reviewes are going to clean the floor with it. so 60%ish.

It's highly possible that they breath through their skin and need to maintain very high oxygen levels.
As a huge MGSV fan...

Robert Redford Nod GIF

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Why did they chose monkeys? Why not sexy curvy women with bubble butts and tig o bitties? Nah. Monkeys.

4/10

Last edited:
I'm...curious about this game by now? That's the most I can muster. I'm beyond burnt out on Souls-ish games but I'll tune in for reviews and impressions because the combat does look fun.

I have no basis for this but I'm gonna go with...an 84 score!

dice GIF by Lil Skies

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I'm...curious about this game by now? That's the most I can muster. I'm beyond burnt out on Souls-ish games but I'll tune in for reviews and impressions because the combat does look fun.

I have no basis for this but I'm gonna go with...an 84 score!

dice GIF by Lil Skies
Yeah. Nothing against this game. After Elden Ring DLC on two different platforms, then Lies of P, I’m done with this sort of thing for a while. Mafia a a fantastic palette cleaner.

RainyNguyen

Western journalists will definitely not be able to fully understand the meaning of the storyline, so I will automatically add 0.5 point to the final score.

82-85 on metacritic, so final score will be 87-90

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Something looks off to me. I am day one on PC thanks to an NVIDIA code so I am hoping its amazing. I was blown away when it was first unveiled but I am just a little cautious after recent videos.

Fess

how is being linear a bad thing?
Not much else to see once you’ve finished it.

But I wouldn’t worry about it going by videos. A highly action-focused game can be linear in how you progress and still fun to replay if the action is cool and challenging and if there are different strategies to use. It’s not like a story-focused game, where it’s like going through a TV show, at best you may decide to go through it all again in a couple years.

winjer

Gold Member
The fake review didnt even make any sense. Some of y'all want things to be woke so bad for reasons that escape me. It's such a weird phenomenon taking place in gaming culture.

Considering the sear campaign IGN did against this game and it's developers, it did make sense.
And IGN has a long history of not being fair and unbiased in their reviews. So that fake review score fit their MO.

Sentenza

I'm predicting the higher side of the 70s range and HOPING for more and to be surprised by how good iti s.

EDIT - On second thought I lowered my prediction since a lot of journos will have a chip on their shoulders about this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom