• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
9/10

Best Character action game of the gen - And better than all Souls games, though it wont get the FROM/Zelda score boost.

Stellar Blade is a low 80s game. Rise of the Ronin is a much better game and scored lower overall. My opinion, anyway.

Opinions are opinions, but bosses, music and production values are so much better in Stellar Blade, not even a contest. The same can be said about Lies of Pi, another mis-reviewed game. From based Korean devs, no surprises here.

Still, these games are politically attacked and it shows in the reviews. The problem is that we have Ubisoft mediocrities or Horizon scoring high 80s, so in a normal world Stellar Blade, Ronin or Wukong would never score less than that.

tommib

Opinions are opinions, but bosses, music and production values are so much better in Stellar Blade, not even a contest. The same can be said about Lies of Pi, another mis-reviewed game. From based Korean devs, no surprises here.

Still, these games are politically attacked and it shows in the reviews. The problem is that we have Ubisoft mediocrities or Horizon scoring high 80s, so in a normal world Stellar Blade, Ronin or Wukong would never score less than that.
Can’t argue there. Ronin and Stellar Blade shit all over generic expired canned soups like the Horizon games.

GymWolf

Gold Member
True, but this just doesn’t seem to have the same level of production values and attention to boobs detail.
Production values look way higher to me in wukong...just for the graphic and leaked amount of content alone.

Stellar blade looked good but it wasn't exactly a graphical showcase like wukong seems to be.

Last edited:

jm89

Can’t argue there. Ronin and Stellar Blade shit all over generic expired canned soups like the Horizon games.
I have no idea how you can call horizon generic and then mention games like ronin and stellar blade.

Horizon is far more unique then those games. Story, world and combat(to a lesser extent ronin wins here).

The hate for horizon isn't rationale.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Official prediction by Metacritic is 89

metacritic-average-metascore-prediction-for-black-myth-v0-bk8jhcmhf0jd1.png

Madflavor

With how good the graphics, animations, music, combat, and overall production value looks, this game will have to really fuck up in one key area to bring it down to the 70s on MC.

Another one

4VDHMhJ.png
Hard to judge the bosses without getting a feel for the combat first. From the looks of past trailers it seemed a lot like Souls + Ninja Gaiden and that looks a crazy good mix of genres. My worriy is if it is janky or not.

No map is a plus for me since I try to be thorough with exploration and I have great visual memory, so I make a mind map anyways.

Hot5pur

Large number of bosses is ok as long as mini bosses are clearly different than main bosses. If it's just a huge gauntlet of bosses I dunno. Bosses should feel significant

Fbh

Gold Member
Low to mid 80
+ Good visuals
+ Cool setting
+ Good amount of content
+ Enjoyable combat
- Some jank
- A bit of "quantity overquality"
- Maybe some technical issues?

Ozriel

M$FT
The reviewer was clearly biased, she mentioned the sexist allegations as a reason the game scored lower:

Not only does she not mention the sexist allegations as a reason why the game scored lower, she prefaces her critique with ‘from a gameplay perspective’ and none of the allegations make it to the list of cons she writes for the game.

Why misinform?

GHG

Gold Member
What makes you say that?

dbDJsCd3_400x400.jpg

d8qMjQo.png

Is this what the "pendulum swinging both ways" looks like?

Not only does she not mention the sexist allegations as a reason why the game scored lower, she prefaces her critique with ‘from a gameplay perspective’ and none of the allegations make it to the list of cons she writes for the game.

Why misinform?

Why mention it at all then ya doofus?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Why mention it at all then ya doofus?

So then, WHY THE FUCK mention it?

Allegations that have no trace of evidence whatsoever. Stop being disingenuous.

It shouldn’t have been mentioned. But it does seem like it was only mentioned in passing.

No reason to allege that the 3/5 score is tied to those allegations when from what we see in the screenshot above, it’s purely linked to her issues with the gameplay.

It’s just one review, and we had another one calling it one of the best games of the year. Probably best to wait for more before pitching this as an outlier?

Top Bottom