• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toots

Gold Member
"Finished chapter 2. This game should not be at 82 metacritic."
He said in a defiant voice, without telling anyone if he thought the game deserved a better score, or a worse one. He then took position in the near bushes, a mischievous smile crossing his face, waiting patiently for someone to take his bait.
Suddenly a tortoise appeared !
It was a beautiful tortoise, who seemed wise beyond its years, but also strong and handsome as hell.
It locked its lovely eyes into OP's.
Few men could endure the steely gaze of the shelled reptile, and OP felt a desperate need to stare at the ground. It took him a superhuman effort just to hold the devilishly handsome creature gaze. But nothing could have prepared him for what came next.

"Meaning ?"

The tortoise cavernous voice made OP brain fire from all synapses. It instantaneously shut down, Nature failsafe for when the mind overheats, like a machine reaching the limits of its computing capabilities.
When he woke up a few hours later, all he had left from the encounter was some fuzzy memories, a dream he could not fully grasp in which some ancient deity descended upon him and talked to him in a langage he could not understand. He also felt an irrepressible urge to tell what he thought about Black Myth Wukong, so he started to speak :

(your turn op ;) )

Last edited:

Bernardougf

It was a honest attempt at clarification, I’m a white guy from South Africa and if I had stated that there is something familiar about the protagonist how do you think that may have been taken?

Om opheldering te vra oor iets wat jy as rassisme beskou, het niks met politiek te doen nie, rassisme is rassisme. Ek is jammer dat ek jou verkeerd verstaan.
Its ok.. im from brazil either and I didn't get the semi-racist stupid joke.

Toots

Gold Member
Can we keep the focus on finding out what Auto_aim1 Auto_aim1 thinks of the game please guys ?

Because if you're really wondering who's the most racist between Brazil and South Africa, the answer is both.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Can we keep the focus on finding out what Auto_aim1 Auto_aim1 thinks of the game please guys ?

Because if you're really wondering who's the most racist between Brazil and South Africa, the answer is both.
I wanted to post in the OT but ended up posting here. Didn't realise. And yes, the game is pretty damn good and shouldn't score so low. With Stellar Blade and this, reviews are kinda getting pointless as I enjoyed both these games immensely. Nice writeup btw.

Last edited:
I wanted to post in the OT but ended up posting here. Didn't realise. And yes, the game is pretty damn good and shouldn't score so low. With Stellar Blade and this, reviews are kinda getting pointless as I enjoyed both these games immensely. Nice writeup btw.
It doesn't help when woke dumb dumbs bring the score down because there isn't enough diversity in a monkey game.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
My personal score is an 8/10. However, based on the fact that "average" games score 70-79, this should easily be 85+ or even 90.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Im from Brazil and i see no issues with it, the main protagonist feels very familiar for some reason.
2SP68V.gif

just joking bud

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
My personal score is an 8/10. However, based on the fact that "average" games score 70-79, this should easily be 85+ or even 90.
People get mad if you use anything lower than 8,5-9 nowadays.

I like to use the complete scale, 7 is good, 7,5 is more than good.

I would say between 7,5 bordering on 8 would be my score for now, but i'm extremely stingy with scores, the game is great but it also has a lot of flaws that i can't ignore.

Maybe i'm gonna end with 8 because this is their first game so i can give some slouch.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
People get mad if you use anything lower than 8,5-9 nowadays.

I like to use the complete scale, 7 is good, 7,5 is more than good.

I would say between 7,5 bordering on 8 would be my score for now, but i'm extremely stingy with scores, the game is great but it also has a lot of flaws that i can't ignore.

Maybe i'm gonna end with 8 because this is their first game so i can give some slouch.
Agreed. 5/10 to me should be an average game and 7/10 is actually a good game. In gaming circles, however, 5/10 is a complete piece of shit and 7/10 is merely okay. No point in having a scale of 1/10 if anything below 6 goes virtually untouched.

I have to say though, it does get extra points for me for the setting. I'm a sucker for Ancient China and just love the aesthetics, themes, and vibes of the game. Would still be at least a 7.5 without it anyway. Also as you said, there are many glaring flaws starting with the copious amount of invisible walls and lack of vertical traversal. I haven't played a monkey this grounded since DK64.

Sentenza

On the other hand I settle for a "scholastic" scale where anything under 6 in INSUFFICIENT (to various degree), seven is discrete/barely competent, 8 is good and anything between 9 and 10 ranges from great to excellent.

I'm going to accept anything below a 8 for a game of this quality only in a world where we set the score for most of your unremarable favorites at 6, top.

Last edited:

finalflame

On the other hand I settle for a "scholastic" scale where anything under 6 in INSUFFICIENT (to various degree), seven is discrete/barely competent, 8 is good and anything between 9 and 10 ranges to great to excellent.

I'm going to accept anything below a 8 for a game of this quality only in a world where we set the score for most of your unremarable favorites at 6, top.
Yah, like it or not, the paradigm that is largely applied to gaming scores is the same as American scholastic standards, full stop.

Sentenza

Yah, like it or not, the paradigm that is largely applied to gaming scores is the same as American scholastic standards, full stop.
I was thinking more of the Italian scholastic standards (which are the experience I grew up with), but yeah, I'd guess they are probably similar.

Top Bottom