• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

winjer

Gold Member
Screenshot in case they ever change it

K2JA71h.jpeg

We need professionals doing these reviews, not propagandists with a political agenda.
Games cost a lot to make and to buy, and we can't afford to have people like these tricking people.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I love that so much.

Yikes, all! It’s adorable. I can imagine the pearl clutching at Era the moment they read that intro. Tears of anxiety. It’s hilariously delicious.
So brave of her (him? them?) to tackle such a difficult subject as reviewing Hogwarts Legacy. I’m sure just booting the game up for the first time must’ve reopened many painful wounds.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
"The worst, though, was one particular fight in which the boss would plunge me down through the ground during the transition to its final phase, only to have me fall through the world once I regained control of my character. This kept on happening to the point where I thought my game was unavoidably bugged and I wouldn’t be able to reach the end, but my insanity of trying the same thing over and over again eventually yielded a different result for no discernible reason."

Yikes. Sounds like an 8 is the top score for people who really loved it given some of these issues.

So it is kinda like a boss rush... This is what i was afraid of
This is what I wanted to be honest.

To each their own, but I think it was pretty telling when most of what was shown on previews were just boss fights. Even the trailers are basically just bosses for the most part. Still, they could have communicated better what the game was about.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
But as it turns out, Wukong has more in common with traditional action games like what you might expect from Bayonetta developer PlatinumGames than it does with anything FromSoftware has made. Most of the usual soulslike conventions are missing: There is no penalty for death outside of respawning at the nearest checkpoint (no corpse run is required to regain your loot); you don’t use a shared currency to level up your stats and purchase items or upgrades; and while there is gear and stats to consider, you largely just go and swap out the old equipment with the new as opposed to making choices as to what kind of weapon or piece of armor you want to hold on to and upgrade.

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

Hopefully not as broken on consoles :messenger_grimmacing_

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
So it is kinda like a boss rush... This is what i was afraid of
I'll pick it up on a sale in a year or two. Looks like it needs some patches. Bosses are my least favorite part of souls games. And without a demo, I can't measure if this new team knows the difference between fair hard and cheap hard. It's supposedly very difficult, and with no difficulty options at all. So I could potentially be buying a game I don't even complete if I feel it's not balanced properly.

Game certainly looks gorgeous though, and ambitious. Will play it at a later date.

Last edited:

Hypereides

Gold Member
We need professionals doing these reviews, not propagandists with a political agenda.
Games cost a lot to make and to buy, and we can't afford to have people like these tricking people.
The worst part is that it affects the pubs who believe these people are acting in good faith and sincerity when some, if not most, of them clearly aren't.

Its not just impacting sales, its also causing damage to creation and reputation of actually decent games. But, people like Alicia don't give a shit about that. It doesn't matter if it may cause some developer to exit the industry or some studio to close up shop. The political message is way more important.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
The worst part is that it affects the pubs who believe these people are acting in good faith and sincerity when some, if not most, of them clearly aren't.

Its not just impacting sales, its also causing damage to creation and reputation of actually decent games. But, people like Alicia don't give a shit about that. It doesn't matter if it may cause some developer to exit the industry or some studio to close up shop. The political message is way more important.

Yes, but more and more people are realizing what these media outlets are trying to do. And several have already gone under and closed up.

Those stuttering in the benchmark tool tells you everything you need to know about the performance, with pretty much nothing going on... thats UE5 for you 🤡

Top Bottom