• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So does anyone know if the blade master is able to summon the floating swords yet? I know they took it out for a while, but was it ever added back in? Is it in the beta?

Thx guys.

I know they advertised it in their class preview, so it should be.

Vex_

Banned
Just tried myself, nope, still not allow you to map jump to B/A

Hmmmm I wonder if we could remap the buttons in ds4windows (r3 is X) for a profile and then launch blade and soul lol.

I know that isn't a real solution but that should work for now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Beta weekend starts friday or thursday?

Ruff

Beta weekend starts friday or thursday?

It started Tuesday :p

Trying out Summoner... It's like playing two classes at once. It's hard to get a grip on controlling a cat tanking a boss and making it avoid all the hits while also attacking with your own character and avoiding hits.

But ani-canceling the sunflower is some amazing dps during the leveling process. Things die so fast.

zugzug

man those twitch streams keep giving founders package codes to clearly fake alternate accounts and the people hosting the stream just never bat an eyelash I feel like I'm pounding on my monitor screaming hoping they will hear me.

yaffi

are there any better AA solutions other than fxaa?

I read forcing fxaa (or any other form of AA for that matter) through nvidia control panel gives better results than the options bns provides. You could also try other external tools.

SDBurton

Was browsing the web this morning trying to find any new info about the 9th class that was recently revealed and came across this. Short little Q&A with NCSoft talking about the Qi Master (name for the 9th class) and surprisingly, mentioning that another new class, one that isn't a hybrid, is in the works and one that fans have been anticipating for quite some time.

Gunslinger incoming?

BjgYaDc.gif

I've known about BnS for a little while now from some experiences some friends of mine had with the Korean version, but I was never driven enough to play a foreign version. Now with this release though and seeing more people talk about it I've had a lot more interest and have been hoping for a beta key since the CBT began. Now that I finally have been playing for a few days I gotta say I do enjoy it, even if I get bodied by pretty much anyone if I put on my faction gear :x.
Looking forward to the official release.

Say hi if you see me! I'm a Blade Master in Mushin, IGN is Randomselect. It can get lonely sometimes. :v

SDBurton

I've known about BnS for a little while now from some experiences some friends of mine had with the Korean version, but I was never driven enough to play a foreign version. Now with this release though and seeing more people talk about it I've had a lot more interest and have been hoping for a beta key since the CBT began. Now that I finally have been playing for a few days I gotta say I do enjoy it, even if I get bodied by pretty much anyone if I put on my faction gear :x.
Looking forward to the official release.

Say hi if you see me! I'm a Blade Master in Mushin, IGN is Randomselect. It can get lonely sometimes. :v

Hey there Randomselect, if you're in the Crimson Legion Faction I can send you a clan invite if you'd like. :D

Astra

It's been a little too long since I've last played this (missed CBT2), so I'm trying to relearn my class again. Also have to reorient myself, since I have no idea what I was even doing last. For now I'll just follow the main story.

-Deimos

I didn't have a lot of time to play in the past couple days and at first glance it was confusing as fuck considering I don't have much MMO experience, but after putting in some decent time today I'm really liking it. The combat is really satisfying once you start to unlock more skills to use in combos.

Hey there Randomselect, if you're in the Crimson Legion Faction I can send you a clan invite if you'd like. :D

I'd like an invite too if possible, my character's name is IIDeimos.

edit: Guess I have to complete a certain quest before joining clans?

SDBurton

I didn't have a lot of time to play in the past couple days and at first glance it was confusing as fuck considering I don't have much MMO experience, but after putting in some decent time today I'm really liking it. The combat is really satisfying once you start to unlock more skills to use in combos.

I'd like an invite too if possible, my character's name is IIDeimos.

edit: Guess I have to complete a certain quest before joining clans?

Certainly!

In regards to your second question: After you completed the tutorial at the beginning of the game (helping drive off the blackram raiders at bamboo village) you should see two individuals hanging out around the main plaza area in that town, one wearing blue/white the other red/black. Speaking to the latter will allow you to join the Crimson Legion faction. You may have to spam the join button as the faction is most likely full, but doing it enough times will allow you to get in.

You can find him here.

I am actually! That'd be great sure, thanks.

No problem!

When the game comes out, we should roll as one giant gaf crew wearing faction Gear lmao!

Haha! Speaking of factions I'm reconsidering which one we'll roll with come launch. Crimson Legion is really popular, and while it would be nice to have a lot of allies, the lack of competition from the opposing faction would mean we'd rarely encounter them in open world PvP. On the flip, it would be super easy to level our clan if we stayed with CL, as no competition means no one preventing us from doing the faction pvp dailies (you get faction insignias from completing them, which are then used to level up the clan). Honestly it really depends on how you guys feel about it, because I'm fine either way. :lol

Should be done downloading in the morning.

So everyone is on the Mushin server?

Yep!

Chariot

YOU! Whoever crashed the repair tool price from 2,70 to 2,00 by spamming the market in one flush. I don't know who you are, but I am going to find you and I am going to smack you with my now overpriced unsold tools! >:I

SDBurton

Thanks.

My internet crapped out on me in the middle of the night so I had to restart the launcher so it's going to take me a little longer to get it up and running.

Is there are any more of that premium membership stuff flying around or has it all been used up already?

Premium Membership is still up and running. Just let me know when you get in and I'll friend you.

Was browsing the web this morning trying to find any new info about the 9th class that was recently revealed and came across this. Short little Q&A with NCSoft talking about the Qi Master (name for the 9th class) and surprisingly, mentioning that another new class, one that isn't a hybrid, is in the works and one that fans have been anticipating for quite some time.

Gunslinger incoming?

From what I've read it was already confirmed that the next class is Gunslinger yeah. If you put things in perspective though, it's not before 2017 at the earliest in our version.

SDBurton

From what I've read it was already confirmed that the next class is Gunslinger yeah. If you put things in perspective though, it's not before 2017 at the earliest in our version.

That's fine I can wait. Just happy they're finally coming.

Ultimadrago

Neat. I likely won't play one, but I think it'd make for a good addition to classes as a whole.

SDBurton

Level 3 right now.

Quote my post to see character name.

Thanks a lot!

Logging in now.

===============================

Be sure to keep your eyes open on the bottom of your UI screen everyone, you may have pending friend requests and/or clan invites I'm trying to send your way. And due to how much activity occurs in world/general chat, I would recommend setting up a separate chat tab for whisper & party chat so you can get notifications when people are trying to reach you.

Here's a quick how to:

TGjfEnc.png

Right click on one of the chat tabs to bring up the chat options. Click on 'Chat Settings'.

UDtVx40.png

On the 'Chat Settings' page, make sure Party Chat, Whisper, and Clan Chat are enabled. Everything else should be disabled.

7RX2Nev.png

The bottom of your screen is pretty important, as that's where notifications will pop-up. Informing you whether you received a friend request, clan invite, inventory overflow, incoming mail, etc. Anything to the left of the F3 icon should be checked to avoid missing messages/notifcations.

My name in-game is Yuridaze. Contact me when you can.

This game puts a lot of MMOs to shame in the combat department.

The combo based gameplay is so good.

And they've found a way to fit a ton of abilities on a small amount of buttons.

More MMOs need to take lessons from Blade and Soul.

Chariot

Btw. I have a ton of chests I don't want top open because I ain't got endless keys and I already got everything important from them. Is there anything I can do with them or should I just sell them for 1 copper each? Feels wasted.

SDBurton

Btw. I have a ton of chests I don't want top open because I ain't got endless keys and I already got everything important from them. Is there anything I can do with them or should I just sell them for 1 copper each? Feels wasted.

If you already got what you needed from the chests you might as well just sell the rest if you don't want to blow through your keys. I do wish the chests cost more, but its only a minor gripe.

Is it possible to change the language from English to Korean/Japanese? I don't think I can do this game with the english voices.

Also do we know the extend of the changes related to visuals? Have any outfits been removed due to being too revealing? I read somewhere that they changed some things?!

SDBurton

Is it possible to change the language from English to Korean/Japanese? I don't think I can do this game with the english voices.

Also do we know the extend of the changes related to visuals? Have any outfits been removed due to being too revealing? I read somewhere that they changed some things?!

At this time the only languages that will be available at launch will be English, French, and German. They are looking into adding both Korean and Japanese launches though, so keep your fingers crossed, otherwise I'm sure someone will create a guide on how to install the Korean or Japanese audio from their respective clients.

The only change that was made visually was the starting outfit in character creation, and that was made across the board for all races. I feel this was more of an attempt to allow the creator to get a better look at their character's body when they're creating them as the outfits before made it difficult to see the waist area. Fear not, all the costumes we've seen and loved are still there intact. :)

The other change was a side-quest, where they took the original scenario and re-wrote it to make it more appropriate for our region.

At this time the only languages that will be available at launch will be English, French, and German. They are looking into adding both Korean and Japanese launches though, so keep your fingers crossed, otherwise I'm sure someone will create a guide on how to install the Korean or Japanese audio from their respective clients.

The only change that was made visually was the starting outfit in character creation, and that was made across the board for all races. I feel this was more of an attempt to allow the creator to get a better look at their character's body when they're creating them as the outfits before made it difficult to see the waist area. Fear not, all the costumes we've seen and loved are still there intact. :)

The other change was a side-quest, where they took the original scenario and re-wrote it to make it more appropriate for our region.

I see! Thanks:)

SDBurton

Finally got assasin down and force Master. Deciding who to grind it out with....

Not gonna lie, I absolutely hate Assassins in PvP. :lol

Been spending the last few days messing around in the arena and that class, along with Blade Masters can be such a pain the ass to deal with.

Top Bottom